Friendly Gymgoers

>Started going to the gym because I need to get my life together, looking at SS
>Laughably weak, but it's part of becoming strong so w/e
>Finally doing 1pl8 on bench today
>1x5, 1x5, 1x3...4...fug
>Man in hoodie comes over to spot and encourage
>Begins to tell me about his routine and reverse pyramids/nutrition/etc.
>Shows me his pinterest
>Talks about muscle groups, compounds to focus them, getting better form, etc.
>Offers to help me get into a routine properly if I return to the gym around the same time each day.
I know you post here Gym-Man so thanks for being so kind and helpful, but idk if I just want to do 3x5's or your proposed routine.
What do, Jow Forums? Reading the sticky, some of it seemed like misinfo but most of it (like 9/10 things) seemed pretty solid.

Attached: guy.jpg (2728x1802, 195K)

He's grooming you.
Rape will happen before you hit 1/2/3/4.

He wants to fatten up your anus before he ravages it

Either what these anons said or this guy is trying to be some vigilante style trainer. Like the batman of gains.
He shows up out of nowhere, takes you under his wing, develops you until you can guide yourself, then disappears without a trace.

Or yeah he's just trying to rape you

I'd prefer the batman thing over the rape thing, definitely.

you probably won't get a choice in the matter

Go with your heart, user.

he is your father now user
you must follow

He will charge you for his routine/services down the road. Nothing is free. That or rape.

Follow his advice user. There are 3 possible outcomes here:
1)You get good results and possibly gain a friend
2)You get same results and gain possibly gain a friend
3)You gain worse results and possibly gain a friend
2/3 results are good outcomes. Continue reading on your your own and if what he says fits what you read continue doing it. Also post routine he gave you

tell him you will join him in 6 months when you are mentally ready, but be his bro
stick to SS, until you get to 2 plates or your legs get too big

when you first start lifting, you dont need tons of information, you just need what works

I don’t remember the given routine since I was going to see him tomorrow anyway but at least for the bench his advice was to invert pyramid in 5lb intervals after warming up to the highest 1rm I could manage, then start at my previous max and see if I can do it 1x3 the next time I do bench. If I can, go up in 5lb intervals until I find the next 1rm and invert pyramid down from there

As long as there is progressive overload, you will grow. Reverse pyramid training works, tho i dont know is it better then static sets for beginners

Okay, cool

>tfw I hope a recent high school grad twink starts asking me for advice
>specifically so I can make him want my penis in his butt
>at which point I will lovingly and vigorously put my penis in his butt
IT'S GONNA HAPPEN SOMEDAY, GOD DAMMIT. LORD, PLEASE LET IT HAPPEN.

Reverse pyramids are scientifically better than flat sets

>tfw rarely use the same weight twice in a set
>tfw can do dips with an extra 135 pounds

That is cool and all but you should do SS and dont listen to his shit. If you read Starting Strength and watched rippletits vids on technique and form then you most likely know more about that then this dude.

There are gym bro's at my gym that if i listened to them when i did starting strenght they would have fucked it up for me because even thoguh they are big they dont know shit. Especially anything about training newbies

People like to give advice, it makes them feel good about them self. I know cus i do it all the time. He just wants to be in the position of helping a newbie out and taking credit for your gains.

Pro tip:
Never take advice from someone until you consistently see them
>lifting some serious god damn weight
and
>doing exercises you're not familiar with in a controlled fassion

Also, do not take unsolicited advice. Good teachers don't usually just approach you. They're either paid for their shit or they know it's not worth their time until they know you're dedicated enough to take advice. They know this by noticing your continued presence and effort over several months.

That's just gym life though. The first few months, you're on your own unless you pay for a trainer or come into it through a friend who already has decided to help you. But let's be real; this is Jow Forums. You're a lonely fucker who's gonna start alone because you just wanna get fuckin jacked because you think it will help you feel better. So the first few months are going to suck.

Eat your youtubes and watch your vitamins, newfag.

Underrated as fuck

Useful post. Thanks user

He’s prepping your ass

There's a pretty big dude that does weighted dips and incline benches over 2pl8 that told me that partials are the key to hyperthrophy.