/QTDDTOT/

Old thread is on bump limit.

Where can I find some useful resources on German Volume Training? Routine related too.
I have a couple of months where I'll have a lot of free time so I feel like trying something different from usual.

Attached: 1421520513213.jpg (999x624, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rY1-NA9V6ko
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Total noob question here. I know I shouldn't be
>counting the bar
but how should I record bench pressing 25lb on each end of the 45lb bar? Is that just referred to as 25lbs? It's exciting to think the bar was 95lbs.

I'm super excited since I'm Mr. Skeletal (6'3, 150lb) and seeing results from three weeks of going to the gym. I ended up going and getting a $5.99 medium pizza to celebrate.

Attached: 20180628_112644.jpg (4032x3024, 3.18M)

Let's say that I want to switch from skim milk to 2% milk. I drink five cups a day, so obviously that's a lot of extra calories with the switch.
I was thinking of reducing the amount of oatmeal I eat a day in order to compensate for the excess calories. Will the change from carb macros to fat have a negative effect?

Alright so I am a neet. Not an obscenely obese neet but I still have more than just a beer gut. After thinking a lot about the direction my life is taking me I'd like to join the military and hopefully become a medic someday.

Thing is my calisthenics and running takes at very most an hour and a half out of the day. That leaves me with so many hours left. I know that is a fine amount to work out for people who have jobs but I need to keep going.

Am I doing this right? I have been at it for two weeks with this schedule but I feel like I can do more. But I don't want to burn out. I don't know. Just some idiot who can't make up his mind.

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO COUNT THE BAR

>fell for the not counting the bar meme
lealmaoing @ ur brain

So say I'm doing a 6 week cycle of Wendler's:
(5 > 3 > 5/3/1 > *5 > 3 > 5/3/1 > deload)

By how much weight am I supposed to increase the second *5 week, relative to the 1st 5 week?

Also, I'm looking for loadable exercises (that aren't bent over barbell rows) to seriously hit that rhomboids/mid trap/lower trap area

Is it douchey to have a pic of you lifting if you haven't changed your profile picture in 2 years

Pendlay rows are god.

Also you can look into: meadow rows, yates rows, seals rows, kroc rows, and tbar rows.

>I fell for the meme

Attached: 1489807575512.jpg (600x600, 45K)

I know Chucks are meme shoes, but I got a pair of Converse Jack Purcells; are they basically the same as Chucks or is there anything that makes them unoptimal for squats?

Attached: converse-jack-purcell-tumbled-leather-low-top-unisex-shoe.jpg (1500x1500, 104K)

My analogue and electric scales gives me different readings of about 2kg. But get this, when I put a kettlebell on them they both give the same accurate reading.
wtf do I do

Decided to start putting ab exercises into my routine. Which do you recommend?

Currently doing an UL split but would like to go to the gym 3 days a week because it's a pain to get there until i'm back at uni. Is this routine ok or is it too much volume?

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

A

Squat 3x4-6
Bench press 4x4-6
Row variant 4x6-8
OHP variant 3-4x6-8
Pullup variant 3-4x6-8
Curl variant 2-3x8-10
Triceps 2-3x8-10
Lat raises(opt) 2-3x10-15 SS with triceps
Abs 2-3x8-10

B

Deadlift 3x5
OHP 4x4-6
Pullup variant 4x4-6
Bench variant 3-4x6-8
Row variant 3-4x6-8
Curl variant 2-3x8-10
Triceps 2-3x8-10
Face pulls(opt) 2-3x10-15 SS with triceps

Stop caring about the scale and care about the mirror.

If you dont have 1234 you shouldnt be doing that dumb shit yet

What are some good beginner routines to swap to then? I did SS for a few months but hate squatting every workout

Greyskull LP

GSLP until you stall for 3 weeks on everything then 531BBB or Nsuns531. After that you can specialize with your phul, ul, brosplit crap. If you like that volume you will like nsuns a lot prolly.

I quite like the look of this actually, thanks.

I went to the gym two days ago and while benching got a sudden shooting pain in my front delts and so I only did one set before stopping in order to prevent further injury. I can't feel any pain there now, is it safe to try benching again? Or should I leave it for another couple of days.

Try again with warmup weight and slowly work up. If it hurts at any point stop and wait.

I have big puffy hairy nips, how can I tell if I have gyno? What body hair to people typically shave?

any of you lift with a fucked up anus? this sucks i keep missing days

skinnyfattransformation.com
Is this just broscience or is there validity to what this guy says?

What does Jow Forums think?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-28-20-41-47.png (1440x2880, 224K)

Too much, too many emojis imo. Honestly would leave the music and RIP out altogether

Work is being a pain in the ass and I've got only two days a week to lift. How's this for a PPL split?

Push+Pull
>Bench Press : 3x8
>Overhead Press : 3x8
>Cable Lateral Raise: 2x12
>Triceps Rope Pushdown: 3x15
>Seated Row: 3x8
>Dumbbell Shrug: 2x15
>EZ-Bar Curl: 3x12
>Hammer Curl: 3x15

Legs+Abs
>Barbell Squat: 3x8
>Romanian Deadlift: 3x10
>Leg Press: 2x10
>Leg Curl: 3x20
>Hanging Leg Raise: 3x15
>Rope Crunches: 3x15
>Decline Bench Crunches: 3x15

Also what do you suggest doing on the days inbetween?

Is lifting/exercising while on an empty stomach a viable option, or is it something to be avoided??

Attached: i7IZ9Y33UjBzhzLJh865kBVKFBIn3pPPv7W5g7pdoCk.jpg (729x500, 75K)

My life schedule has changed and now the best day for me to lift is on Wednesdays, when I have to be at work for 5am. Is there even a point to lifting when I'm on 5, maybe 6 hours of sleep? I'm the kind of person who needs a lot of sleep so I couldn't bear the thought of exercise after (it's a packing job so it already involves some physical activity like farmers walks) . Should I do cardio on that day instead?

I've been doing it for months now (with pre-workout) and feel fine. In fact, I prefer to workout with an empty stomach than with food

Is the stuff about losing weight slowly to keep off loose skin a meme? Everything I read and see says it's the best option, but when you see the people that say their skin never got tighter they still had little fat deposits in the hanging folds and it looked like they still had a lot of weight to lose.

330 to 285 currently and the general sagginess of my body already is starting to become a problem.

I'm currently intermittent fasting/eating one meal a day and nothing else. Should I be eating my meal at the same time everyday or is changing the time around fine?

How old are you? If you're below 25 your skin should slowly start tightening itself up.

What are some of the best three or 4 day fully body Chad routine for aesthetics? I've been super inconsistent since I hit 4/3/2/1 on a powerlifting and I'm stuck in skinny fat

Attached: Q4N8QN9.jpg (610x527, 79K)

I’m not sure if I’m counting calories and protein intake correctly. I make sure to record everything and it all seemingly adds up, but I remember hearing that I’d have to get comfortable with eating more than I’m used to. Problem is that I don’t feel any more hungry than usual. Am I already adapted to eating a lot? 6,1 and 185lbs

Attached: E30694F0-A2FC-4BAE-AF21-F80E0BF8E64A.jpg (250x242, 20K)

So right now I’m doing PHUL, and on days 3-4 I’m supposed to alternate to the hypertrophyy part. How do I know how much to lift for extended reps for hypertrophy in contrast to that of the first 2 power days?

Attached: D250CB1F-45A1-4E6D-A091-5D1185064F4C.jpg (477x331, 39K)

What are some of the better high volume programs? Lifts are above 1/2/3/4 and I just want to add size at this point since I don’t look like i lift

Could I expect size gains if I have never really done a high volume program? Like a noob gains phase? Provided I eat right

So I
m going to be taking Vitamin C & D and Magnesium and Zinc but I'm a total brainlet when it comes to the UI (what the fuck is that?) or how many mg's I should be taking a day.

So I've been doing dumbbell deadlifts (since I'm too weak to do barbells).
How do you know if your form was perfect, meaning, where should you feel the tension while exercising/ where do you feel sore by the next day? Deadlifts are dangerous, arent they?

Because my back is pretty sore, but my glutes and hamstring doesn't.

I recently injured my left leg and I am letting my lower body rest completely during the next week.
I'm currently doing an upper/lower split for hyper&strength going 4x a week to the gym.
What can I train during those two extra days I'll have for my leg's recovery?
Should I do something like a pull/push hyper/strength so I go 4 times to the gym, or just stick to the current program and go 2 times to the gym?

Is it possible to lose fat on maintenance? I've read the sticky months ago and it said you gain fat and muscle while gaining weight and the opposite while losing weight, which is how bulking and cutting works. The thing is I still have fat on my stomach and chest, look like skinnyfat and anons here told me I should cut, but I'm basically underweight now, I might be able to lose a couple more kg but not much more. I wasn't expecting the fat I've accumulated over 24 years to be gone in just 1 cutting period, but I'm also a bit scared of bulking when I still have excess fat on my body.

I set a goal to lose 20 pounds through diet deficit (500 less than BMR) with cardio once a week and lifting four times a week. I lost 8 pounds very quickly (probably a lot due to water weight) but have plateaued. Could it be because I am gaining muscle while losing fat? Am I not cutting enough calories? Should I do more cardio?

Daily meals:
Protein shake (320 cal)
Salad or Chicken+Brown Rice (400)
Two Pieces Fruit/Half Peanut Butter Sandwich (300)
Hummus+Carrots/Salad (200)
Brown Rice+Black Beans (400)
Yogurt/Cottage Cheese (300)

Are you adjusting your calories as you lose weight? Is your BMR really around 2500 calories? Cause all those foods some up to almost 2k

is going to bed earlier not an option?

How Should I hit obliques?

DB deadlifts are pretty shit. Work your way up to a normal deadlift by taking care of the muscles involved - forearms, traps, lower back and hamstrings.

Should I do lvysaur 448 or stronglifts 5x5? Assuming I'll stick with it for a while. I want to be strong
Height: 173 cm
Weight 64 kg

Makes basically no difference. Pick the one you think you'll enjoy more.

I need some advice on lifting after a vacation.
I'm doing Texas Method at the moment, progressing in increments of 2.5kg every week. If I'm squatting 177.5kg for a 5RM now, and I take ~5 weeks off due to vacation, what weight should I start back on when I come back, approximately?

So I'll be making the same strength gains? Okay ty I'll go for stronglifts since it has an app

You'll be making more or less the same.

The other thing is that beginner routines, by their nature, are really short term. Even if, say, there's a 10% difference in results between them... you will barely notice the difference and it'll be entirely engulfed by whatever you do afterwards anyway.

>DB deadlifts are pretty shit
Why? Because of no gains, or because it destroys your spine?

No gains and they don’t help you learn the barbell deadlift form. Your spine will be okay as long as you keep your back straight, but you wont be able to progress too much with it because it’s harder to control the path of the weights. Load a lighter barbell with a few kilos and put it on some plates to mimic the normal deadlift if you really want to do it.

I'm doing gym lifting with compounds in addition to some circuit training that basically works as accessories. If I'm doing the circuit training 3 times a week, will I still see results in my compound lifts from 2-3 times a week or do I need to do it more often?

I've been sleeping on one side lately, and waking up with pains in my right arm.
Usually it's fine at the gym but today I couldn't bench for shit cause my right arm hurt like shit.
What do?

Anyone use testosterone supplements? Been thinking of trying one. Any recommendations? Thoughts on your experiences?

How do you guys deal with nipple hair? Do you pluck them? I heard messing with your nipples caused gyno but I don't know if that's true

Sleep on the other side genius

Almost all are a scam.
The few that work might make a 1% difference if that, so an expensive way to make little progress.
If you are natural then your best way to boost T is decrease lifestyle stress, stay hydrated, lift and have sex reguarly and have a good consistent sleep schedule

The only real way to boost T in a meaningful and consistent manner is to start pinning test.

I just run a shaver around mine.
I roid and did have pubertal lipomastia and I can say 100% that shaving or messing with my nipples hasnt given me any gyno

Thanks user

Ffs, can't anyone help me with GVT?

I have some mild twinges and ache in my hands since I carry heavy trays and the like for my job as a waiter.
Its nothing that's caused me to wince in pain but its just there in the background, coming and going.
Am I still ok to lift if I use a sensible weight and stop if any discomfort appears anywhere?

I've been doing 5x5 pull ups 3 times a week. Would it be better to do it 5 times a week?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rY1-NA9V6ko
Do this a few times per week

What is your career/job? I'm currently 21 and in a job right now that is okay, I work in a nice factory making glass. Pay is very nice for a single guy, enough to live in an apartment and make it on my own. The only downside is the 12 hour swing shifts. One week I'm working all days and the other week in working all nights, 7am-7pm and vice versa. I'm going to the gym after work and making some good gains, but I'm always exhausted and I know I can't keep up these shifts for the rest of my life. At a loss for what I should do for work later in life. I'd prefer at least a day job so I have some structure to my life. I can barely see my friends or do anything besides work then gym then barely make it home to sleep for 7 hours. I just don't know what I could do. No college degree. I just want enough to live alone and have a little extra to spend on some luxuries here and there. Anyway sorry for the blog post, advice appreciated though.

What are your careers/jobs and how did you get into that job

is it OK to use expired creatine?
found a sealed pouch in the back of my garage from early 2017, powder inside seems fine, no damp clumpy bits

I'm currently doing Texas method, I love volume days and feel like I'm responding well to 5x5 on squats, but I'm not sure if just working up to a 5RM on intensity day is enough, is just doing 1x5 enough (even if it is a 5rm)? Would it be better to do 3x3 or heavy singles/doubles?
I'm still progressing, just not sure if I'm getting the most out of it.

I have, I just found it to be slightly clumpier and didn't dissolve as well, tasted fine and from what I could find online there's nothing wrong with it once expired

how fucked up?
also London?

It would mean going to bed at like 8pm every night, when I only need to suffer for one morning. Man's gotta have a bit of a social life.

Is there a adjustable bench that I can use at home that will fit in a wardrobe?

Go for it. I’ll do the same soon. Gotta show dem biceps/traps

Aqquire Tinder or not? I’m 183 cm and 85 kg. Decent looks. Pretty muscular, been lifting a few good years. 22 yrs old.

Attached: DAB9BFC1-175D-42F4-91FF-D7E142C1D130.png (640x1136, 754K)

>how do i in2 mobility?

I want to start stretching post-workout, but are there any good routines anyone can recommend?
I hear that it's not good to stretch cold muscles, so are there separate stretching regiments for split routines like PPL's?
One post-pull day stretch, a post-push day stretch and another for post-leg day? Idk, I can't seem to find anything specific on this.

Dude, I weigh 200 lbs. How am I supposed to lift 800 lbs. Natty?

don't do it brother

something went wrong and now I just consider every food item to be unhealthy
how do I fix my brain?

I just started the starting strength program so I'm lifting 3 days a week. I haven't counted my calories but I've doubled what I normally eat and keep it generally healthy and balanced with carbs, fats, protein, fiber etc. So am I supposed eat the same amount of calories 7 days a week or am I supposed to cut carbs on off-days?

>I ended up going and getting a $5.99 medium pizza to celebrate.
just throwing away all your work
fucking idiot

O-I?

First why are there so many forms of "rows" who are often called that are performed differently?
But now to my real question. I am newb and I think I lack a bit mobility for the "real" rows most people recommend i.e. Bar on the ground and back parallel to the ground. Is it fine that I do the rows shown by "JDCav24 /ATHLEAN-X" until I got the mobility ?

Reccomendation from an Ex-Army fag.

Get the Tactical Barbell books, both of them. They're written by a guy who spent a lot of time as an infantry soldier, para, special forces team member, and tactical law enforcement. He designs fitness programs specifically for soldiers, cops, firefighters and other "multi-attribute athletes" Some of the workouts and challenges are things that you will be used in your military PT or selection trials. So getting started now will help out a lot.

Read the white one first, and start the Base Building program. It's an 8 week course designed to start you off on endurance and strength endurance, and transition you into one of several different balanced strength/endurance/power programs. Once Base building is up, check out the black book and start one of the programs, depending on how much strength to endurance work you need.

If you're interested in the military, expecially any field trades (medic counts), you are almost certainly going to benefit from doing Base Building, then moving into the Fighter+ Green program. This shit wont make you into a powerlifter, ultra-marathon runner, or 20 min crossfit superstar, but it will give you a good mixture of all three.

On the spare time issue. Just do the workouts as planned, and do other shit during the day. Fuck around with your hobbies, go hiking or walking in a park, work a part time job, volunteer, whatever. Don't burn yourself out. Make sure you are both eating and sleeping enough to recover.

Good luck, follow that program and you definitely have this in the bag.

Attached: iuHJQDHXHI.jpg (362x550, 22K)

>not counting the bar
What are you, some kind of imbecile?

25's on either side is 95lbs.

This is why:
>1pl8 (1 45lb plate on each side) is 135lbs
>2pl8 (2 45lb plates on each side) is 225lbs
>3pl8 (3 45lb plates on each side) is 315lbs
>4pl8 (4 45lb plates on each side) is 405lbs

try suicide

I find it hard to stay motivated doing the same Dumbbell based routine for almost three years now, especially when its really hot out like today.
Should I just use DBs for rowing and try out a bodyweight routine for a little while as a change of pace?

could premature ejaculation be related to anything Jow Forums like poor diet or lack of exercise????

asking for a friend...

Attached: FB_IMG_15279407362410054.jpg (298x414, 19K)

So if testosterone injections are the only real way to go about it, how easy are they to get for someone under 30?

r8 my clueless newfag routine
ABCABCx
A
Zercher squat
Calf raise
B
One arm dumbbell row
Curl
C
Dumbbell floor press
Dumbbell overhead press
I do 3x10, 1xF for every exercise and add a kilo when F exceeds 15 (except for calf raises, I just do 4x20 with whatever weight I was squatting). I warmup with bodyweight squats, pushups and crunches.

Reasons? I know it’s mostly roasties, just looking for fun. Or maybe I should focus on getting a gf.

Thanks brother, mech/infantry here. Need to increase my cardio, while maintaining my strength.

3 years with dumbbells? I’m curious how you look. Try the Jow Forumsbodyweightfitness recommended routine. It’s a good place to start.

My shoulders crackle when I bench press. I'm a 20 yr old DYEL so I'm worried this is a bad sign.

Attached: 2822DC31-4473-47BA-85C6-4E4F4BD3A985.jpg (960x498, 34K)

Bump

I went super hard on the squat rack on Wednesday and I'm still sore. Should I work out today with my DOMS? Will it make me higher risk for injury? Or can I work out just fine

Going through my routine as normal and realized that I’m not gonna be in town for the next day of training. Should I head to the gym the day before I leave, granted this will have been my rest day? Or should I do it the day after when I get back?

Started gym in march.
Didn't go for like 3 weeks in late may/early july.
Got from 141 to 154 pounds, am 5'11.
I can only bench like 30 pounds, am I doing something wrong?
Initial month started with 3 days a week with 2 days of upper, and one of legs+shoulders, fullbody.
Now am at 4 days a week, 2 legs+shoulders, 2 upper.
Routine made by a friend of mine that's been lifting for 3+ years.

Is $35 too much for men’s cut?

I want to have a cheat meal I haven't had in like 2 months. What will be worse for me - ice cream or kebab?

So I'm avoiding planet fitness due to their policies and the only gym around would cost me like 40 bucks a month with an added activation fee. I don't want to spend that much every year on a gym membership. So would it be possible to get a squat rack that doubles as a deadlift/bench press/chinup/ machine or something for cheap to get a home gym started?

Also since I have flat feet should I wear shoes when I squat/exercise or just do it in socks on carpet?