*destroys your knees and shins and is the most boring exercise behind yoga and has just as many insufferable followers...

*destroys your knees and shins and is the most boring exercise behind yoga and has just as many insufferable followers in your path*

Attached: download (1).jpg (281x179, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

c25k.com/c25k_metric.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

GOOD post, I fucked my knees pushing myself too hard trying to do the "Couch to 5K" program that reddit was shilling.

Cycling, running, or kayaking are all patrician forms of cardio.

sprints ain't bad on occasion.

fuck actual runs though.

Biking is so relaxing and comfy

>the 300 pound boomer who complains about having weak knees after a light jog.

Attached: 1529248276870.jpg (750x1113, 669K)

I only haven't bought a bike because I'm afraid that I wont be able to climb hills, kind of embarrassing if you have to walk your bike up a hill lol

>that boomer who hasn't exercised his whole life and starts running and ends up hurting his shins and knees

>that boomer who hasn't done mobility his whole life and complains about yoga because he doesn't like his immobile body getting old

boomers are so easy to spot lmao

Attached: 1529589175644.jpg (383x453, 50K)

I injured something in between my glute and hamstring on my right leg on my evening run last night.
This is going to ruin today's lifting.

This is me I was a sedentary millennial, trying to improve my health, but ironically the opposite happened... My knees still crack when i squat to this day.

You forgot swimming. God tier muscle and lung gains.

Fuck, I meant to say swimming instead of running.

shift into a lower gear dummy

I'm sorry to hear that. If it's any consolation, something happened to my feet when I turned 19 and now they blister horribly whenever I jog more than 2 miles, no matter what type of shoes or socks I wear. If you are sedentary though I would advise biking or swimming. Super low impact but with plenty of benefits.

>If you are sedentary though I would advise biking or swimming. Super low impact but with plenty of benefits.
I know that now, I just saw so many people far more out of shape than I who had successfully ran the program. I guess their knees would be more tolerant to stress if they walk around carrying so much weight semi-frequently?
Hindsight is 20/20, so they say.

Running is gay lol

The idea that running ruins joints is some bs lazy cunts make up to avoid cardio, same with the cardio steals gains shit

>not getting out and enjoying nature while getting fit.

Your loss.

What about skipping rope?

You shouldn't really neglect it user, its there for jumping.

I'm sorry, but can we get some PROOF that running does what OP is claiming?

If you don't jog or do some sort of endurance training it can be a hinderance to your career. When it comes to higher status career choices fucking everyone is doing marathons and shit and these fuckers have dick measuring contest about who is doing and what. I study economics and every time we had a company sending out people to present their organisations in order to lure in graduating people the guys had a powerpoint presentations which included a "brief" summary of themselves. Fuckers were always different kind of caricatures of Patrick Bateman but they always had one thing in common: Their PPs were filled with their attempts to mog the counterparts with feats of fitness and healthy lifestyle. Fuckers be running marathons and doing full iron mans besides working for private financial company. AND they made well and sure that everyone always knew that their company values active people.

I simply run to fit in.

Attached: 1472528463540.jpg (300x300, 44K)

Proof that runners are giant fags?

imagine being so pathetic you get injured doing couch to 5k

imagine being so pathetic you need to do a program called couch to 5k

>Running is bad
>But running is patrician

kek fucking brainlet retard hahahahah cant do anything right thread is kill someone screencap this loser

>kneelet
>shinlet
>footlet
>runlet

The. STATE. Of. You.

>commentlets

Someone shop the 4 into a three please

Attached: Calarts beanmothouthed beaner.png (793x542, 36K)

yoga is great fuck u

Heeeello heel striker

cross country skiing is actually the most patrician form, along with swimming

oh my lanta

Pretty shitty career path my friend. Imagine having to spend half your day with these people

Enjoy your ruined shoulders

>GOOD post, I fucked my knees pushing myself too hard trying to do the "Couch to 5K" program that reddit was shilling.
First of all, you go on Reddit so you deserve your shite knees. Second, if you couldn't do a 5k any day of the week before this, you should prob just give up because you're never gonna make it.

I've always been able to do pull-ups, bodyweight squats, run a 5k+, etc. It just amazes me people can't do that shit.

Complaining about the most natural human movement.Get those weak ass joints in order and fixing your shity diet and you will be able to lift and run both.

this

this is how fat and/or unfit people cope

>ITT fat slobs who think they are "built" and can't run a 5k min

grow up lards, all that muscle and strength is useless if you can't run atleast 5km without stopping.

fuck you

why would i give up? i'm not lifting for you lol

If you're in a normal office you'll have this. If you work in an autismo office you probably won't.

>1 min run 1.5 min walk
>too hard waaa my knees

Good fucking lord

>sedentary millennial

Why the fuck would the arbitrary label of millennial have anything to do with anything? Are you adding this for additional evidence that you're a twat?

wdym lol, i did it until i literally couldn't walk... this wasn't just pain, my knee ligaments were fucked.

Did you actually tear your knee ligaments or are you just making shit up again? Did you have a scope or MRI?

>doing something your body was literally made for is going to ruin it
I feel bad for fat people, but that's just retarded.
If you can't run without hurting anything then it's because you're a obese fucker or sedentary fucker who has no clue on how to start training.

I've always had issues with my joints, might be due to my weight (6'2 180-200lbs) and lower than recommended water intake/high coffee consumption. So I always swim or do the bikes for cardio, swimming helps build my upper body a ton too.

at least yoga is useful

Attached: 30yoboomer.png (750x1113, 1.33M)

Yep.

>cant run a kilometer

>fit

>reality is retarded
thanks for the hot take, junior

another one

Attached: sipp.png (750x1113, 1.21M)

Kayaking is unironically GOAT and FUN

This. I live in an affluent part of a city at home and at my univsersity. Every wealthy person is into fitness, and they'll make sure you know it. If I go to the gym at my apartment here at uni, it's all skinny middle-aged guys that do cardio. Same thing at home if I go to the gym at the corporate park. I'm almost always the biggest guy despite being a runner myself.
But at the student rec facilities and gym 5 miles away at home? Totally different. Very few are actually runners and are all into bodybuilding or powerlifting.

Attached: 1529554174370.png (601x601, 251K)

>He doesnt mountainbike

Riding trough the landscape at sunset after finishing a trail, having pushed your stamina, reactions and strenght to the limit upwards narrow hills and tricky technical parts and down excillerating downhills, always being able to explore a new exciting trail that has its entire own vibe and feel to it, or going across the globe for the sake of adrenalin fueled curiosity, has to be the superior physical activity.

Running 5ks once or twice a week will only do you good. People who hurt their knees are often fat people trying to run off weight or real runners doing 10ks multiple times a week.

>destroys your knees and shins
Brainlet detected. Get shoes made for running and stop heel-striking and you won't have that problem anymore
>lazy faggots looking for excuses to avoid GOAT endurance training
LOL yeah sure kid just stay on the couch playing your vidya gaymes and chowing down on pizza pockets and soda, you fat fuck

>redditor
>such an extremely pathetic specimen he couldn't finish couch to 5k, a program even fat housewives can do
>fails at running so calls other forms of cardio "patrician"
Can't make this up. If you are healthy and truly Jow Forums you should be able to run well, even if you do other sports as cardio. The inferior can't run.

Attached: 1512880935943.png (1092x1050, 120K)

Humans are built to run long distances.
There's something seriously wrong with your body if you can't run.

Fatty.

Daily reminder that you don't get to call yourself "fit", if you can't AT LEAST run a sub 24min 5k.
That's not a lot to ask, normie girls can do that.

Running is the most boring form of cardio. Prove me wrong.

Treadmill, elliptical and exercise bik

I used to run a lot with no problems at all, not even shin splints, and this year, after a 6 month break, I had a stinging pain in my right knee after just one 5 kilometer run. No idea what caused it but that was about a month ago and it got better but still a problem.

Attached: 96isdj6jwc511.jpg (1920x1281, 224K)

GOOD post, I pushed myself too hard trying to squat 300 pounds immediately and both my legs snapped.
Squats are dangerous and bad for you people.
Calisthenics are patrician form of strength training.

>I have no personal discipline whatsoever, everything has to be a funtime recess on the playground or I'll get *bored* and *cry*
Suck it up and go run 20 miles, pussy manchild.

>GOOD post, I fucked my knees pushing myself too hard trying to do the "Couch to 5K" program that reddit was shilling.
Post CBT with timestamp, we want to see how hideously obese you are, fatfuck

>humans are literally built for long distance running
>"bro running sucks and destroys your knees bro"

How much of a genetic failure do you have to be, that you can't even do the ONE thing the human body is supposed to excel in.
Many animals are faster, many are stronger, but none of them can run distances like us, not even horses.
If our ancestors were physically unable to do a beginners running program, we would not be here.
You are borderline disabled.

Fatass weakfags raised by helicopter parents discouraged from going outside to run and play, "No no honey that's dangerous you could fall and get hurt, here, stay inside where it's safe, play your video games, and here, have this nice 1000 calorie snack made entirely of highly processed food-like substances!" that's why.

Wanna know how I know you run like a spaz

I could bike for twice the amount and it would be more beneficial and actually and enjoyable

The typical idiot on Jow Forums thinks 'running' means 'run as fast and as hard as you can for as long as you can', pounding the pavement in lifting shoes or 'cross trainers' not designed for running, and thinking they're being smart by stretching out their stride as much as possible without getting more loft per stride, guaranteeing they heel-strike, ***WHICH IS WHAT HURTS YOUR SHINS AND JOINTS, YOU FUCKING MORON ***

*** LEARN TO RUN PROPERLY, FAGGOTS ***

Surprise! I'm a cyclist on a road racing team! But that changes nothing I said. If you don't have the discipline to run, then you must be a shitty cyclist. FIX YOUR SHIT, SUCK IT UP and RUN, faggot. Or are you weak?

(using treadmills just for comparison's sake; everyone knows they're shit compared to track/trail running)

if you run on a treadmill and the noise of you striking the ground is louder than the sound of the treadmill, you never deserved your knees in the first place.

>I can't perform a fundamental evolutionary function that is the basis of almost all ancient and modern athletics
You are a genetic dead end

I couldn't even run for 3-4 minutes when I started c25k three years ago. Last year I finished my first marathon under 3h30. Everyone can make it if they have the willpower.

Does anyone here use an elliptical for their cardio?

You should NEVER use an elliptical unless you're so fat that you'd literally destroy your joints and feet trying to run. Fucks up your stride because it forces you into an unnatural stride length. Just run outside, it's more enjoyable.

Sometimes when my legs are too shot to run or the weather is TOO bad.
But that would mean thunderstorm or blizzard, any other weather is fair game.

Buy a proper bike with gears instead of a shitty hipster bike and you won't have trouble.

Exactly. We evolved as endurance runners. Running is literally what we are made for.

No. I was 6'2 @ 95-100kg, not even close to obese.

what about back stroke? I can't do breast stroke (much) because I get neck pain from it, so I back stroke. I actually think it's good for your shoulders.

>muh genetics
I was sedentary for a long period of time, so my knees were weak. Simple.

that guy is trolling. keep doing your thing.

see

again see

Attached: (You).png (1066x600, 276K)

Then you're clearly lacking in the personal discipline department. Humans evolved to run, there's no reason or excuse for your not doing it. Fix your shit.

I'm concerned about shoulders because I boulder and shoulder injuries are pretty common there. I wouldn't want to do anything that increases that risk.

I was just warning other people who might be trying to get in shape after a long period of time being sedentary that they might fuck their shit up if they don't do low impact cardio to begin with.

Saved fren

swimming wouldn't hurt your shoulders in any magnitude other than overuse related injuries.

it's like not squatting because you want to run; you can do both, you just need to take care with your volume and intensity.

That retard doesn't know shit. Nothing bad is going to happen to your shoulders if you swim properly.

That's why C25K is structured the way it is, starts with walk-jog-walk. Of course it's up to you to not fucking sprint every single second and burn yourself out.

I like rowing bitches.

Hands down the best cardio activity. Easy on joinst. Works like every muscle in your body and on average forces the most overall blood flow through your veins in a workout.

Attached: row bitch - Copy.jpg (1527x840, 103K)

I did the program as written lol

c25k.com/c25k_metric.html

Thats around 29 bmi, which is the highest you can be in the overweight range before you get to obese, you fat fuck

Attached: fark_z8zSAPy-11LmjzbXh3gXLJ3zXNI.gif (325x235, 1.62M)

BMI is a literal meme though. Marshawn Lynch is "obese" according to BMI.