What is the best martial art/boxing/combative sport to learn in order to become fighting ready for most normal fight...

What is the best martial art/boxing/combative sport to learn in order to become fighting ready for most normal fight situations.

Really just basic fundamentals for punches and kicks and form and take-downs or whatever.

As you can probably tell, I don't know much about combative sports. I wrestled for half a season in high school (4 years ago), and I don't know if that counts.

Currently run about 20km a week, beginning to integrate some sprint work recently, and have been lifting for a long time.

I literally have no experience or knowledge about how to correctly land a punch or how to spar or fight or anything.

Boxing? Kick-boxing? Brazilian Jiu Jitsu? Hapkido? I don't plan to become a black belt or even that dedicated or anything like that. I just want to learn the basics and try something new. Maybe I'll like it. Please consider my beginnerness when suggesting your sport of choice.

Thank you lads, love you guys.

Attached: IMG_5513.jpg (335x541, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/138mws
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also I hate Jews so (((Krav Maga))) is probably off the table unless someone has a convincing reason.

nigga just like go into a fucking boxing/kickboxing gym or something and learn how to throw a fucking punch this shit don't gotta be complicated, do that and stay consistent and you're already way ahead of the game for this bullshit

Just join a boxing gym, it's cheap it's fun and you'll make max cardio gains + a chance at some social gains if you aren't autistic. Also if you're going for self defense anything would work desu.

Boxing/muay thai + bjj/judo/wrestling covers any realistic situation.

Krabby magoo and other 2dedly4 da streetz styles are utter bullshit.

is there any way to learn it on your own? Like YouTube videos or something? I know my form will suffer without real advice/advisors, but I already belong to a gym and don't want to switch desu cuz I have a lot of friends there. Could I stand to take a few classes without actually becoming a member of the gym or is that fat-fetched?

Do you guys use punching bags or what? Also, how much is a usual kickboxing gym cost? And do they often come with typical weight room setups? I feel like if I ever was going to join a sport-specific gym, it would be a rock climbing gym ($78 a month tho, Jesus Christ).

If you're serious about learned join a gym, you will be able to advance a little bit, but you wont be able to implement the techniques ever. Also your reflexes and speed will not be the best if you don't go to a gym. Also what do you mean you need to switch gyms?

I'm already a member of a weightlifting gym. If I join a boxing gym, and they have a weight room, as the one near me does, then I wouldn't keep paying for my current gym.

>Also if you're going for self defense anything would work desu.
That's not true at all.
Anything will work if YOU ALREADY KNOW HOW TO FIGHT.
Because you can judge if something is shit and will help in a fight or not.

Yes, so he can learn any fighting sport and do fairly well compared to someone who doesn't fight.

No...
Look, learning a martial art =/= they will know how to fight well.
They'll just know how to practice.

Being able to fight and knowing a martial art are two different things.
Knowing a martial art can help, but it does not mean you will be good in a fight.

This, all you need to know is how to get up and punch on the street

>I hate certain group of people so I won't use their product despite being superior

You do sorta get off with this though since most Krav Maga dojos outside of Israel are shit anyway. It's extremely difficult to find a decent one.

If I were you:
-Boxing for 6+ months. You'd polish your punching technique, learn some basic evasions, and most importantly: Get the best footwork one could learn.
-Muay Thai for 1yr+. They'd build your toughness up, show you how to kick and work in the 'up close and personal' range by using the clinch.
-BJJ/Japanese JJ/Wrestling/Sambo for 1yr+. Would make you understand throws and ground game.

Always strive to spar with partners that are bigger, stronger and more athletic than you.

Also I'm curious, why do you hate jews?

A gun

Nothing stops a nigger dead cold like 5 9mm to the chest :^)

Actually Krav Maga was an offshot of Denis Survival , whose fighters are usually much better , and they are offshots of Kyokushin , a very good school of Karate founded by Masutatsu Oyama , a man who could kill bulls with his own hands(3 of them with a single strike).

As far as I know Kyokushin fighters are much better than their Krav Maga little brothers , so you could try that.

Boxing.

I do muay thai, but I believe that boxing is the easiest to learn but the hardest to master. I picked muay thai cause I wanted to learn how to throw knees and elbows, along with kicks.

Kyokushin is okay but doesn't train elbows, take downs or punches to the face.

Muay thai is objectively more well rounded and it's far easier to find a good MT gym than good kyokushin gym.

Master Wong on youtube has a great channel with a lot of techniques for various street fight situations.
youtube.com/user/138mws

of course, I would recommend going to a certain gym and learning maybe kickboxing. I'm in the same boat. Want to learn but no where to practice

kyokushin here

Pretty much agree with this. Wouldn't know how well I'd take a punch to the face but I feel like I could hold my own against 95% of the general populace.

Boxing+wrestling is all you need

It's not just your punches and kicks that you're training in a fight.
You can't learn how to take a punch on your own, you can't learn to appreciate distance on a static target.
If anything, once you have the rudimentary punching and kicking techniques which comes quickly, all you're learning is how to use them in various situation to create, against resisting opponents.
Take that logic to any other sports. You don't become a better Tennis player by playing against a wall.
MT is good because it actively trains clinches, which is something that can be overwhelming at first
We don't train it in savate so when I'm cross sparring with MT guys they always get me there

As everyone here has said , basically do mma, find a good gym.

if you want the most no nonsense martial arts that require you to be incredibly conditioned, do boxing and greco roman.

Muay thai. Close and long range combat. Everyone throws punches but you can't use full force without gloves. If you can elbow close range(these elbows are illegal in UFC and such but not in Thailand) you'll make them bleed real easy.

BJJ for if it goes to the ground and you have to deal with wrestlers.

No, UFC fighters constantly get their ass whooped outside the ring. He should focus on martial arts that are meant for killing, such as muay thai and sambo.

I'm an Arab. My philosophy is; Train Krav Maga so those pesky kikes can't get to you with their dishonourable kikish martial """art""".

At least become a "blue belt" in Krav Maga so you understand the basics.

MMA, It's BJJ, Muay Thai, Grappling and Kyokushin Kai Karate in one. If you join a serious gym you are battle ready in a year.

Just find some army training manual. Real fights don't have rules, the balls and eyes are the weak points.

It's not very useful i bet most highschool wrestlers who maybe got in a fight or two can beat a purple belt in krav maga

if you ever got in a fight you'll know that you don't notice getting hit in the balls til afterwards

Ju jitsu braziliero la arta marcial guerreroo

Heavily disagree on this. Ive around a decade of Kyokushin experience, won several national tournaments (allthough all of this happened back when I was still a teenager, quit before I was an adult), was two "degrees" away from black belt (cant say belts, because in kyokushin you advance with a new belt, then with only a stripe on it, then the new belt. I had brown belt, I needed a black stripe, and then black belt (1st dan)).

After I quit, I went into Muay Thai for about half a year. and when it comes to street fighting, I learned more useful techniques in half a year than I did over a decade of Kyokushin. Granted, I was already superior to most people in my group of Muay Thai, because my reflexes, punches. kicks all had been trained for years, but MAAAN Muay Thai teaches you the best technique to end a fight fast in your favor.

Pisses me off people who think they can learn something like boxing just by watching a few YouTube videos.

Its like seeing all the ingredients that go into a dish, then saying you dont need to eat it to know how it tastes.

In all honesty, if you want to get better at street fighting, then go and get in some street fights. Likewise if you want to learn boxing, go to a proper boxing club and learn. Theres no shortcuts for stuff like this.

Judo, BJJ, Sambo, Wrestling, Boxing, Muay Thai, MMA

Find one near you, start training.

Attached: huge ura nage.gif (360x203, 1.56M)

>(((Krav Maga)))
I hate jews but Krav Maga isn't that bad

>It's not very useful i bet most highschool wrestlers who maybe got in a fight or two can beat a purple belt in krav maga

Krav Maga wont win you an MMA fight obviously, but it's a good choice for personal defence, as in a lot of situations it just teaches you how to attack/injure someone such that they cease being a threat, allowing you to escape the situation with the minimum amount of harm done/in the safest way possible. It also includes training on how to minimise the damage you take when fighting someone with a knife or other weapon, as, realistically you're always going to take damage, but you can ensure that it's not in any life-threatening form or important body-part.

This kind of stuff you don't get in learning anything else.

The only exception would be boxing, as in a lot of situations, if you're fast enough and know exactly how and where to strike, you can 1-hit KO people who arent prepared to take a hit.

Thanks lads. In my researching from this thread I think it's between Muay Thai and boxing. The only boxing gym near me in $89 a month, so I might try to find a few classes instead of a full gym. I'm looking into Muay Thai right now.

I appreciate you all.

Attached: IMG_5290.jpg (300x180, 20K)

Did he ask for shortcuts? You bitter lonely fuck.