/fat/ - eat your broccoli and chicked edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/ people who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

old

Attached: a53.jpg (737x758, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

markmanson.net/weight-loss
youtube.com/watch?v=feeuoERYOV0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does anyone else watch 600 lb life and the like to help with motivation

That is the #1 motivation bro.

daily reminder to eat more fiber everyday and it makes eating less 100% easier

>can see my abs now
>they're uneven

Attached: fuf.jpg (300x168, 9K)

H-how's it look /fat/?

Attached: 01JULMP.png (1203x949, 459K)

Fat here, on a mega clean cut and workout maniacally. Carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, chicken and maybe sometimes beans but NEVER over 250 grams of it per day. Only add pepper or hot red pepper sauce for flavour because I like my food spicy (only 65 calories per 100g, and I use less than a tiny spoon per meal, approx. 30 grams weighted)
My problem is, the meals are HUGE. I'm feeling guilty after every meal, because there's so much actual biomass of food in there, like 300 grams of chicken meat is a LOT, jesus christ. All weighted and counted for macros.
Is it because I've eaten calorie-dense poor foods all my life? Why do I feel so guilty of eating this amount of food (always weighted)?

If I eat only broccoli, and veggies with chicken daily, how do I incorporate more fiber without screwing my calories intake?
I haven't taken a shit today, and yesterday's shit was small.

Sorry for the duplicate post, I did not notice that old /fat/ thread was kill.

I need to lose 80 pounds.
If I can keep my loss at 2 pounds per week that’s about 50 pounds by the end of the year, 80 by mid-March 2019, counting 2 pounds per week by the calendar.

Losertown says I’ll need to eat 1000 calories per day and be moderately active, exercising 3x/week to do this by mid-March.

If I eat what I want of whole foods with no junk or sugar, eat a lot of non-starchy veg and lean proteins, ( keeping my carbs decently low, and don’t go crazy with fat), do I really need to track macros? Or can I rely on CICA?

I’d appreciate some advice from more experienced people here.
F going from 200 to 120, I have gotten my gym membership already.
Thanks for any helpful advice.

Yes and the fph threads are good to.

Attached: 11081157_1108888999124765_3903005240535265658_n.jpg (477x720, 53K)

Good for you! This will go away and you’ll get used to it. I’ll still get the same sketchy feeling when I’ve fallen off and go back. CleAn eating is a ton of food. Don’t force yourself to eat though

No, you can’t just eat whatever you want as long as it’s a whole food and lose weight usually. You’ve fucked your body up too hard with all of the processed food and weight gain, you’re too far from intuitive eating. You can ease your way into this lifestyle by doing that for a month, then start tracking your calories and make sure you’re on a defitic. Your post reaks of going balls to the wall for a few months and then quitting. Take a slower approach so you don’t fall off

Today I will remind them.

Attached: 2f22884c85.png (450x388, 112K)

>1k
Are u girl? If so that's pretty low assuming your workouts are gonna actually be worth a shit to build/hold on to any muscle. If you're a dude, you 100% won't be eating enough if that's your sustained plan until you hit goal and you'll probably hit a hard roadblock.

Also track your macros. Tracking kcal but not macros is just lazy as fuck. Use MFP like a normal person.

I don't force myself, I actually don't even eat all my food if I'm feeling full and well. I've stretched these carrots for 2 days now, no need to eat them all at the same time if I don't feel like eating so much.
I do eat my chicken breast though, need that protein. I'd rather not eat beans that day just to fill in the chicken breast.

It does feel sketchy though. Glad to see I'm not the only one feeling that way,

Oh my god i remember when i was 450lbs my mom would put that show on to humiliate me

Lentils are the redpill of fat loss. I'm actually slowly moving to lentils after the whole beans / rice debacle. Nah, lentils are the shit.

I can’t watch those shows, they give me nightmares. I cant even look at fatspo for motivation anymore, I’ve switched to fitspo for inspiration, mostly amateur dancers and instagram people who are fit for fashion but not skinny or shredded.

I don’t aspire to become a skelly or a wheyfu, just decently fit and within the lower area of my healthy weight range and able to dance, swim and workout successfully and strong.

5 days into sugar and processed food detox and I’m very tired but the headache has finally gotten less. At this point, no cravings or urge to cheat whatsoever, I don’t care if I never see another onion ring or chocolate bar as long as I feel better. I think I’m at the ‘what the fuck have I done to myself’ stage. I’m having a real wake-up call and it’s got me pretty shook.

Looks like pretty hard Keto, are you in ketosis with 23g carbs? Are you testing with strips? What is this tracker you are using, I like the meal visual and pie chart.

>Looks like pretty hard Keto, are you in ketosis with 23g carbs?
I usually stay within ketosis around 30-40 so long as I'm active. I'm back on martial arts every day and LISS before breakfast so that'll keep me well within the threshold even if I cheat meal next Saturday.
>Are you testing with strips?
Not this time. 6 months ago I was in keto for like a month and a half before I went to the ER (for an unrelated panic attack) and I consistently tested midline from those shitty CVS sticks.
>What is this tracker you are using, I like the meal visual and pie chart.
strongrfastr(.)com. It's supposed to be a full meal and workout utility, but I just use it to meal prep. It's a paid app that's not really worth the price but I struggle with Keto food ideas besides Moe's and Chipotle so I'm doing 3 months just to get a groove.

Thank you for the reply, I was afraid of that. Is losing 2 pounds a week too ambitious of a goal?

Yes, F, going from 200-120.
I’m not lazy, I’m confused at counting the macros and people just get made fun of or called lazy for admitting that.
100g of chicken has 239 calories but only 30g of protein and people are supposed to eat their weight in protein grams daily but still do a decent calorie deficit and get enough fiber? How does that work?

>people

Attached: wrong.jpg (250x250, 11K)

pretty much same here, im so fucking disgusted that i ate myself into this condition

What is a reliable way to test for Keto if the sticks aren’t that good?

H-hello my name is user and i'm addicted to f-fast-food and snacks

Attached: 1501411910865.gif (600x716, 47K)

Eating your weight in protein is for people trying to maintain. Given your caloric goal and your size that won't be possible. At your size what you want to do is shoot for a certain percentage split on macros. Given your expectations and goals I'd say you probably want something like 40c/35p/25f. And you don't have to be anal about your macros, you just need to ensure you're tracking well throughout a full week. If you go 7 straight days of 75c/10p/15f than you need to adjust and you won't be aware of that unless you track.
Just look for symptomatic responses. Acetone breath, meat sweat, gnarly shits. Honestly as long as you're felling good and you're below 50g carbs, you're probably in ketosis. All that really matters is that your hunger isn't spiked and your energy levels are neutral.

Broccoli and veggies are generally good sources of fiber, so you probably don't need additional.

Fiber will have calories, it's a carb, but high fiber foods are generally considered to be less digestible, that's how the point system for carbs was invented, so you look at total carbs and carbs from fiber. Like a candy bar with 40g of carbs where only 2 are fiber gets you a net of 38g. 40g of some fiber dense food where it's 20g of fiber is a net of 20g. (these are made up numbers, 20g of fiber is a ton)

Lower calorie sources of fiber are veggies like broccoli, fiber supplements like metamucil (which i believe is made of psyllium husk), and fiber one bars which are 140 calories for 9g of fiber.

A normal human diet should hit around 25-30g of fiber in a day.

Odds are you're getting enough already. People recommend fiber for weight loss because it is an appetite suppressant, it is not magical.

Lets get on the fit bus, before it gets any worse.
What point are you actively at?

I’m flailing but figured getting off sugar and junk food cold turkey is a good start so that’s where I’m at. I don’t have a plan yet, I was waiting for the shitty headache to go away, then start a plan. I got a good gym membership, bought a food scale, ordered some workout clothes and a bathing suit, then cleared the house of anything sugar or junk food or useless carbs. I’m eating lean meat, salad, steamed veg and stir frys with big salads and 100g of beans per day so far.

started counting my calories less than two weeks ago, trying to hit the gym 3 times/week and trying to be more active.

really nothing major on the food side, just counting and eating way, way more healthy than before.

lost over 6kg so far, feeling motivated.

anyways, best of luck to you.

Thank you for that split advice, how do I know to change it if I’m not losing, what do i increase/decrease and how do I know how low in calories I can safely go?

Is 1000cal/day too low? That’s what losertown said to eat if I want to lose 2 pounds per week, (which supposedly is a reasonable weight loss goal?).

My ideal weight is 118-120, I’m 170/5’7 and I have a small boned frame according to my wrist measurement. With so much info out there it’s confusing to weed through it all to figure out what to pay attention to most as a beginner just starting.

How do you avoid overeating while visiting home for the summer?

I've been eating on average 3000kcal for two weeks, when the daily total should be under 1700kcal.

How do I get over my addiction to FLAVOR?
I always want to have the taste of something even when i'm working or not working. It's not even an addiction to sweet things I want savory the most.
>It's taking all of my willpower to not go order a large fry at Carl's Jr for lunch.

>Why does this shit have to suffer so hard?
Pic related it was my shitty food yesterday that I made work into being under calories.

Attached: calories.png (615x539, 29K)

>How do you avoid overeating
Don't put food in your mouth

Don't get sucked into the information vortex. Most of your journey is going to be making pretty much random adjustments. So long as you're at a consistent caloric deficit, working out consistently, and losing around 1-2lbs a week, you're doing fine. If you're feeling like shit and lacking energy, eat more. If you're not losing weight fast enough, eat less. If you want to keep or build more muscle, eat more protein. CONSISTENCY wins, even if what you're doing isn't optimal.
Buy and cook your own shit. I started keto last year on New Years leave and my family was buying me groceries and trying meals along with me.

>How do I get over my addiction to FLAVOR?
Like all addictions it's going to take time to break it

You definitely won't need to count your macros for awhile. How tall are you? Just doing ACCURATE calorie restriction will help you lose a lot of weight. But you must be accurate. I'm talking counting every fucking grape. This becomes more and more important the closer to your goal you get.

The closer you get, the tighter your diet has to be. But you have a lot to lose and just regular calorie counting should get you through the first 30-50 pretty easily.

-98kg
-178cm
-phul routine/4 times week
-150c, 150p, 33f
-bf hovering around 25-30%

am I cutting too much ?

1500kcal forgot

also i recommend you to read this markmanson.net/weight-loss
gave me so much motivation

That sounds more reasonable, thank you. I can count my calories accurately and I’m starting at the gym in a day or 2.

I’m 170/5’7, I have a food scale and I’m cooking at home and mostly only eating fresh food, 5 days into it and kitchen is rid of any sugar, junk food and simple white carbs. I use canned beans and tuna but fresh meat and fresh/frozen veg/fruit. So it should be easy to weigh and measure accurately since I’m planning to eat simple foods.

>buy and cook yourself
That won't be practical. I got the serving sizes smaller by bringing my own plates

Confess

Attached: confess.png (1229x1160, 58K)

took a photo at 82kg
see ya at 60 kg

Attached: 1498128732190.gif (121x169, 649K)

I actually have to confess something myself, my children. I'm on 16/8 IF right now, with every other day being a no eat day. Well, I ate two days in a row. I will be stronger

Attached: 1522905421273.png (1229x1160, 94K)

no, you're good

Lapses in judgement are only a means of recommitting ourselves even stronger father.

Attached: 1529936441863.jpg (720x699, 37K)

>the father was a retarded /fast/ memester all along
biggest scandal of the 21st century

This is actually my second thread here doing this. I suppose I am a stand in for the one who usually does it with the Russian Orthodox Father

Attached: 1523031684134.png (856x960, 94K)

For the first time in my life, nothing to confess.
>successful caloric deficit
>macros successful consumed
>workout done for the day, feel tight
>3 liters of water
>hit another all time low weight.

I'm actually feeling fucking great right now.

I’m scared I’ll fail at diet/weight loss so I’ve kept delaying starting and just gotten fatter in the process. F-M-L. But I’m finally starting.

Is keto + IF gonna help me more than just IF + IIFYM eating that i've been doing?

Really desire to see more weight come off than currently happening at my 1800 calories/day 500 deficit.

How much more do i need to cut to reach ottermode? 6'3 200lbs, before is at 300

Attached: 1530292775862.jpg (994x680, 124K)

No, stop looking into retarded cheats to shirk the work. You won't lose any more fat doing one diet than another as long as your total calorie and protein intake is the same.

can't be more than 5% bf to reach otter mode

>Really desire to see more weight come off than currently happening
drop down to 1500 then

by that, I mean you don't need to lose more than 5% from where you are. Probably 2 or 3%.

am I doing myself any harm when I pick and eat the raspberries I find along the path I do my daily cycling on?

unless you're eating fuckloads of them, probably not

>be me
>have sore throat
>cannot go outside for running
>stay at home instead and lift weights

For the first time, I did 3x15 repetitions with a 9kg dumbbell

My biceps hurt now

I'm eating a few pieces of 20 cals each candies a day without logging them.

How much more health benefit is cleaner eating than just iifym eating? I realize that hitting the deficit and macros are most important and that doing it with whatever fits them is easier but isn’t it 10x better for you to eat fresh unprocessed foods?

>how to FLAVOR

Attached: download.jpg (727x471, 172K)

Yes. If you put something in your mouth, you count the calories. If you eat a raspberry, it is giving you energy hence mass, and if you don't count it, then all the other calculations and estimates become meaningless. Further, even if you actually ARE eating only a few that amount to less than ten calories total, you are still reinforcing detrimental behaviors by mindlessly snacking and ignoring the consequences of your actions. Unless you bring a kitchen scale and a pen and paper to record them in your food journal, or at the very least make a mental estimate erring on the side of overshooting, you are doing yourself more harm than good.

Now obviously, the above makes it seem like the end of the world, but that tone is only in response to the simple binary "Is this good or bad?" You're not gonna die by snacking but now that you're aware of this if you weren't before, you ought to take some responsibility.

you forgot to mention they taste terrible and ruin every food they touch

Eat slower and drink water after every couple bites. Or eat a granola bar and drink water before a meal

Fuuuuck it's hard not to indulge when everyone else around you at the cottage are chugging beer and eating shit. Took a couple little handfuls of chips, but don't think that'll make much of a difference, otherwise I went to the gym today and ate nicely under TDEE. Tomorrow is when I'll drink some whiskey with a coke zero mixer and eat mostly protein only (chicken and cottage cheese).

Sup /fat/. When does the “Oh god, I’m too fat” feeling end?

chill out man
If it makes you enjoy exercising more, then it's fine. The amount of calories you are ingesting is probably minuscule. Just don't overdo it.

when you die

I stopped lifting for like a month and my fucking weight dropped like 9 lbs. I started lifting again this month and I've gained like 5 pounds. Wtf? Was I just losing muscle and I'm getting it back? I know my diet is fine because I've lost 30 lbs in total lifting. This month feels like 0 progress, at least on the scale. I think shirts fit a bit better but not seeing my weight drop sucks because I need to lose another 30 pounds

Attached: 1530090766996.png (593x635, 260K)

are you taking measurements? It's a good way to see progress that might not show on the scale

Hey user! It's nearing the end of the week! Did you do well this week? Have you sinned? Remember, sins are something you can learn from, just don't repeat these in the future. Remember to keep cutting, we are all here for you, and WE ARE ALL GONNA MAKE IT!

Attached: 1498785835618.jpg (600x845, 96K)

If you are cycling slow enough to spot berries, stop, pick and eat them then you aren’t doing much cardio with your cycling. Count them like you do any other food. And measure your heart rate to know how effective your cycling is. Eating an extra uncounted serving of fruit and cycling at a slower rate than you might be counting IS enough to fuck in your plan. That said, adding a serving of counted, locally grown raspberries to your meal plan is great if you count them and aren’t slowing or breaking up your cycling workout to pick them.

I did well, I’m off to a good start and nearly over my sugar detox.

tfw no molly in my /fat/ thread today

youtube.com/watch?v=feeuoERYOV0

I'm going out for dim sum this Sunday. Anyone have ideas on how I should track the calories of the meal?

No, I'm really not it's a good idea but I've set my mind on weighing 180 lbs and until I see that on the scale I won't be satisfied. Lifting is a bitch because you gotta meet your protein goal and adding muscle makes the scale number depressing. People don't believe my current weight tho which I guess is nice

>Have you sinned?
I ate some garlic tortilla chips today.

Attached: 1423177090788.png (509x411, 18K)

I don’t think it ever will. We are fat. It is ingrained in who we are and how we treat ourselves, and how we view the way other people treat us. It’s fat guy brain.
user, do you feel worthless and like nobody will ever love you because of your weight? Do you feel like you are a detriment to society and the world would be better off if you were skinny?
Well thing is, your weight isn’t the problem. Sure it is extremely unhealthy and you are cutting years off your life but the mindset you have to have in order to get that way in the first place is also a problem. If you don’t work that out, you are still gonna have fat guy brain and you will still feel like a worthless detrement that doesn’t deserve love.
The big issue is that being fat is a problem, and having this shitty addictive, self defeating, depressed mindset is also a problem and the overlap of people who suffer from both problems is such a great amount that we see them as one issue. Just some thoughts from a fellow fat

Good skincare recommendations?

most importantly, hydrate

Check the menu, decide which dim sum items you will eat and how many, look up equivalents on the web for the nutrition info and don’t over-eat. Sounds fun, enjoy it!

Just eat a smaller lunch if you're really paranoid otherwise don't worry. One meal really doesn't hurt too much, what matters is your average, as long as you stay at a deficit on average you will be fine.

This is not true for me but then I was not always fat, I grew up skinny. I might have some emotional issues linked to it and some dysmorphea but I can also clearly see my body and the numbers since I measure. So I have the mindset of ‘not always fat’ and ‘can fix it and see measurable progress’, which ( I think) helps keep me out of that self-defeating mindset. The calipers and myotape and scale and mirror together with my weighing food and tracking things...these all paint a photo that doesn’t lie.

But I think immediately ‘not going to make it’ if I see people not tracking, weighing and measuring cause how are you going to know what is working, fix what isn’t and progress with no metrics? Ditto for people who sit around in the feels but won’t actually diet or exercise regularly until they achieve progress. Exercise actuslly eases depression and a healthy diet goes a long way to curing the addictive mindset and makes you feel heaps better pretty quickly. Like within a month or less. Often quicker than meds or therapy.

Fuck you captcha with your Burger King sign, I’m eating an orange.

Ok, thanks! It's gonna be so good. It'll test my inner glutton.

Wtf! If you are fat, and on a calorie deficit diet like you should be if you are fat, then why are you eating carby shit like this with no nutrition?

hush hush fatty, don't eat so much and keep lifting

>Today I will remind them.
based [s4s] poster

Attached: d486ca27c253e367db6207ffaa3502ebf3b71f4acfbc99c72f66b44a8a5aaeec.jpg (600x583, 41K)

>just managed to do my first ever push up since I got fat as fuck
I'm kinda proud

Attached: 1524879792752.jpg (400x400, 12K)

Now you can do push ups every morning after waking up and increase those numbers

Attached: 1514608896633.png (600x508, 410K)

So I'm down 10lbs so far, is it normal for your sides to feel like the fat is sticking out more? It's pretty annoying to be honest.

>face is finally looking good enough to wear a hat
idk if any other fatties will understand this but my heads always looked disproportionate due to double chin and i'm finally starting to look human.

Attached: 1502675359030.png (491x595, 84K)

>maintain discipline for 2 days
And on the third day, I overate a PB snack sandwich, 4 light beers and a bag of cheetos.

Yeah nigga. I'm up to 75/day. And 99 situps a couple times a week.

Attached: 1509851299164.jpg (1692x1252, 205K)

4lbs from overweight bros

Attached: sdfgjsdgfhj.png (800x800, 1M)

It's called cravings and you have them because the diet you picture is deficient. Gravy and sausage, shitty liquid food, fast food but no fruit and veg? Wtf?

You need to plan for these times and just stay strong or bring some food you can enjoy too?

Detox off of them and start a healthy diet plan, user. Jump on the Jow Forums bus.

I really like lentils. Great slow carb.

Here comes a big confession bros, get comfy... I failed and dropped out of infantry OSUT in the Army because of my fatboy habits/being too weak. I thought I could push myself to do it... My recruiter tricked me, told me I would be fine. I got sent to fat camp when I first arrived because I couldn't run a 9 minute mile.

After a month in fat camp, I still couldn't pass the PT test, but they have send you to training after a month so there I went. I pushed myself everyday, eventually making a 16 minute 2 mile, which was amazing for me. I passed the situps easily. But the pushups... I failed the pushups on the final PT test (only got 30, requirement was 45).

So, after all of that, long story short I got sent home. Now I'm fat again and need to start training. I plan on reenlisting, I'm not giving up on my dream. I just need to start somewhere. Think I'll start with pushups.

TL;DR anyone know how to get more upper body strength for someone who has none?

Attached: 1529692295506.jpg (663x579, 38K)

anyone got that pic of wojak eating a broccoli and crying? It was lulzy