Am i being bamboozled by a PT?

>be on off gym guy for 3 years
>trying to lose weight from 240lbs
>shit around for first year and a half not knowing wtf im doing
>finally settle on a program and diet hard
>end up lmfao no muscle 150lbs because nigga too much deficit not enough proteins
>very sad but have not been this skinny since middle school so confidence through the roof.
>"lol i guess since im not fat anymore i can just live my life and leave the gym"
>fast forward a few months an im back being fat
>finally after years of fucking around hire a serious LIFTING pt
>tell him im basically done being a fat nigger faggot and want to look like (points to huge guy in the gym who probly roids)
>set me up with a program
>has me eating maintenance while learning the lifts (cant do squat right 100% yet)
>High protein (160g) high carb(200 something) (never heard of this)
>Tells me its not bulking or cutting its maintenance
>"o-okay but i dont really want to maintain my fat form"
>he assures me once i get my form right stuff will start changing around regarding diets and lifts
>ultimately the goal I laid out for him was visible abs by xmas. Which he said if i followed i definately would be able to achieve but im barely losing a pound on the scale a week.

So am i being bamboozeled? Any PT's here put a semi obese guy on maintenance while lifting? Is he trying to recomp me?

Guy isnt some retard either he puts up major weight in the gym and basically went to school for all of this and knows body mechanics pretty well.

Attached: im a retard please help.jpg (1916x1080, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QhVC_AnZYYM
youtube.com/watch?v=4T9UQ4FBVXI&t=174s
youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE
youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bumping

Attached: DgJ-Vq-UcAAHmJj.jpg large.jpg (720x720, 92K)

what weight did you rebound to

like 210 i didnt go full fat retard rebound

height? what can you lift bench/dead/ohp

he's trying to recomp you... honestly you wont have a 6pack by christmas though

well... unless your willing to cheat a bit, might be worth looking into cycling clen/t3 will really help shred the fat.

5'8 200 (weighing just now in the bathroom after big poopie)

As far as PR's I have none with correct form. in the past i had PR's but they likely didnt count because of form. I was doing squats wrong the entire time , deadlifts were off but bench was correct.

My bench PR was around 1.25 plaet
Deadlift PR assuming shit form might have been 3 plate but this was years ago
Quarter (maybe 1/8) squat retard form PR was over 2plt a few years ago

Bascially i have no idea what my real PR's are since he still has me learning the movements and getting the squat down. Its been 2 weeks since i started and The weights really have not moved much in the squat department. And im still using bumper plates with a bunch of 10s for DL

So i dont even think we really have started progress outside deadlift which is slowly adding weight.

However i have gone up like 15 pounds on the assisted pullup machine from 85 assisted to 70 assisted.

You didn't post your height, so I'm going to guess you are a manlet. Your trainer is bamboozeling you if you think you are going to get visible abs from 240lb if you think you are going go have visible abs by christmas.

You didn't post enough information - but from what I can tell, you are on a decent program but you have retarded expectations. If your lifts are shit, but you are already fat, its better to eat at maintaince. You will burn fat (because you are out of shape), but gain muscle (noob gains). If you cut now, but don't build muscle, you will look like a 150lb no muscle dyel again.

Look at it this way, if you want to lean and built and not like a twig expect to lose ~1.5lb every week AND NO MORE THAN THAT. If you are 240, 5'10, then you might have visible abs at 170-180. Thats 50-70 weeks, or at least a year of consistent training. Thats a more realistic timeline for the body type I think you want.

Or you can roid.

Honestly i have been around fitness circles long enough that It caught me by suprise that he would promise that to me. And it was a secret shit test. However he told me straight up to my face if i followed what he was doing to the letter I would have abs by christmas.

Im willing to trust him because he actually is pretty educated and I really need the education regarding form and stuff. But if im still a fat bitch by christmas im going to get the cunt fired i think. It will have been the second PT this year that tries to scam me.

Again im only in the second week and he could change up diet and all that stuff whenever.

I am 5'8 200lbs as of writing this and (based on meme bf scale 24% bodyfat)

240lb was my max weight since starting fitness journey years ago and its bounced all the way from 150lbs to 180 to 220 and forth since then.

Bump

You sound like a faggot and you should kill yourself.

reminds me of steve harvey's pt
>steve is going to look like a bodybuilding machine in 6 months time
>6 months later
>he hasn't achieved a musculature build nor any real significant difference in appearance because he is older. But he says he feels good and thats all that matters

thanks

OP I wouldn't pay some random bro at 24-hour fitness... hire someone from SSOC or barbell medicine. They'll handle your diet and critique your form over email/videos. It's a little more expensive than the chad you've hired now, but you'll probably get better results. Post program, I want to see what he's recommending. and read the sticky

Attached: broatz.gif (451x75, 25K)

i hired who you are describing. He competed in powerlifting. Is formally educated in all this shit. Isnt some bro.

There isnt a program yet because he is still teaching me form and wont put weight on the bar until im doing it right.

But based on what we have been doing. Its squats mondays + accessories , wednesdays its chest (different variations of bb bench and upper back like pull ups) and friday its deadlifts (All the different kinds)

Im starting 3rd week monday and he is going to fill in tuesdays and thursdays with accessory work. For example thursdays was working on squat form with bodyweight squats and leg extentions and leg curls to get my legs stronger for squatting.

If he's a competent coach, he should be able to train you in the 4 main lifts in one session. Not putting weight on the bar is a waste of time

>bodyweight squats and leg extensions and leg curls to get my legs stronger for squatting
bro you just need to squat to get better at squatting

You're in prime noob gains mode, don't waste it. Read the sticky, do SS, eat whole foods

squat youtube.com/watch?v=QhVC_AnZYYM
bench youtube.com/watch?v=4T9UQ4FBVXI&t=174s
DL youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE
The Press™ youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI

record yourself doing the lifts & change your form until you get it right

Attached: 1480013663599.jpg (600x410, 71K)

>prime noob gains mode
not so sure i can get those anymore since i have been going to the gym off and on for 3 years but okay.

>train you in the 4 main lifts in one session
No this is wrong especially if you have bad habits that are hard to break. Squatting is extremely complex if you are not doing them right and have built bad habits around them.

>watch these videos and record yourself
How about I just pay a guy to be there right there when i do them to correct me as I go instead of taking shitty videos , waiting an hour to get home , and comparing them to other videos and not be able to correct my form on the spot and lose any biofeedback of the moment?

>Do SS

SS is fucking trash. I fell for that garbage once and i wont do it again.

Sorry to be an asshole but i dont think you have any idea what you are talking about

Bump

>drop the PT
>eat at a small deficit, but high protein
>continue lifting weights, try to add weight (you'll >probably reach a stalling point but keep going)
>?????
>profit

wow IT'S LIKE FUCKING MAGIC

>do lifts wrong because you dont understand form
>eventually get injured
>get fat again

I literally did this

Last bump

>trusting DYELs on Jow Forums instead of PT that lifts heavy

>SS is fucking trash
>Quarter (maybe 1/8) squat retard form PR was over 2plt a few years ago
you are beyond help

>SS is fucking trash
I don't understand how someone can think that adding 5lbs to your lifts EVERY WORKOUT is trash. You run SS for a few months and then you move on to an intermediate program. Did you actually do the program? Again, how does adding 5lbs to your lifts every workout = trash?

>i dont think you have any idea what you are talking about
hmm
>ask if you're being bamboozled
>told you're being bamboozled
>decide to get bamboozled anyway

I bet his PT quarter squats 315, touch-and-go benches 245, and doesn't deadlift

Try not to track numbers too hard. What he's trying to do is alter your body composition so while few pounds are falling off, less of your body is composed of fat. Losing weight is not always an endgame to being a fatty because you need to build muscle mass to achieve a half respectable physique and to do that you should eat at least maintenance for proper protein synthesis