/running/

Why is my 5k time lower is I sprint/stop instead of maintaining a steady pace?

Attached: 246x0w[1].jpg (246x246, 14K)

"Why does my car run out of gas faster if I floor it and brake constantly instead of going a steady speed?"

Because you tire yourself out fast tubby. Run slower and you'll be able to run longer and faster

Will I get stronk and swole if I jog every day in plate armor?

Attached: tenor.gif?itemid=5364780.gif (498x498, 518K)

I'm currently able to run four miles, how do I get to five? Is there some form of running routine which would aid me in this?

Because you can't manage basic sentence structure

Why do I poop so many times after running 15 miles?

I've pooped 5 times today since my long run this morning

I don't know, but yesterday I went for a 15 km run and ended up having to take a shit in the bushes after the 4th km.

115 degree heat index today. How should I approach this?
A. Run usual distance with caution.
B. Run short distance.
C. Don't run.

Swim.

No. If you can run 3 you can run 5. Either push yourself or slow your constant pace. If still no do 60-120's or 30-60's until your heart stops being a lil bitch. All in your head at the end of the day though man.

Run faster; the faster you run the less time you spend in the heat.

run at 5am, I'm in Florida and that's what I usually do to battle the heat

Where do I go after Bridge to 10K? I'm helpless without a cute 2D cripple telling me what to do.

Attached: 1519108239318.jpg (2048x1487, 554K)

if you really need guidance, but a trainingpeaks program, or find a local track or running club that has a coach and join them

but I have tried that and gone at a steady pace before and recorded it kept the same pace throughout and slowly increased only the last lap done it without ever running out of breath.

get faster times just going steady at first then start stop maybe halfway through?

is there a way i can merge the two methods and keep a faster tempo for longer without gassing

develop your speed further
making it 10 kilometers without stopping is an accomplishment, now go faster and wow noobs in your local 10k with your speed and endurance
stopping isn't fast

If you train endurance for shorter runs your overall 5k time will increase.
Something like this OP

Attached: 1298ef3fac87571103ba5868360a1659--killer-workouts-treadmill-workouts[1].jpg (314x474, 41K)

Attached: IMG_E0166.jpg (1082x1528, 292K)

Lower is a good thing retard

>stopping isn't fast
the thing is when i keep a steady pace throughout i go slow enough where i could have a conversation but at the end of the race i feel like i have more left "in the tank" and could spend more energy

when i run, gas, walk, run repeatedly by the end of the 5k i feel like I have nothing left to give and get faster times even though I walked parts.

any way to improve my steady pace other than just "run more" I've heard of people doing tempo runs or something but don't really get what they mean

this is the thought process of city planners btw

>started subbing out a few runs for swimming
>half marathon time improves by 5 minutes
What the hell?

Keep running until you get five, even if it is slow ass hell. Probably just lower beginning four mile pace.
You need to eat more fiber and have a regular poop time, it sounds like you are constipated and running constricts your blood vessels enough to be able to finally poop.
Run at night or in the morning, or just run the usual distance with caution, the answer is never don't run.
It depends, do you want to run longer distances, or just the 10k faster? Answer there and google a program to meet that goal.

What app for runnin

How are you not able to figure this out in your head before asking other people? Does it genuinely confuse you?

Filtered