First time weighted pullups

I worked up to a max and did 1 rep with exactly 30kg (66 pounds) added.

For someone who never did weighted pullups before, is that good?

Also, how to train weighted pullups? I intend to do more of them in the future, they were a lot of fun.

Attached: weighted pullup.jpg (400x400, 13K)

Use about a shoulder width neautral grip.

Best way I found works was to hit a top set of 2-3 reps, followed by 3-4 back off sets

You do them like any other lift. Find a weight you're comfortable with doing for x sets and y reps.

I get really light headed when I do these. Breathing is good but I feel like I'm about to pass out after 5-10 reps

did you touch the bar with your chest? if not, weak as fuck.

IMO the best exercise you can do in the gym when conserning safety, amount of gains and how impressed people get you they see you repping 135 lbs weigjted pull ups. It also helps you achieving cool bodyweight tricks like one arm pull up and front lever

>repping 135 lbs weigjted pull ups.
Damn, how many can you do?

Are pull ups better for lat and general back activation than neutral grips? I can do enough neutrals to do reps but I can only do like 3 pullups.

Depends on your weight , height and lifting history. It's not bad otherwise but a lot depends on bodyweight/fat %

i like to do pyramid sets using 25/35/45/35/25 added weight or ill warm up to 3 heavy sets at about 60 lbs added in the 5-6 rep range.

the pyramid sets i just go to failure on each step of the pyramid.

Use every grip; supinated, neutral, and pronated.

They will all have similar lat activation

>lifting history
Been doing BW pullups for the last 2 months a few times per week at home. That's my lifting history lol. I'm also over 30 years old and sedentary.

BW pullups at home and some running and/or jump rope as well as an occasional hike is all I do. I'm not trying to become a massive bodybuilder (probably too late for that anyway), I just try to keep in shape. So long as I'm in better shape than the majority of people my age I'm happy.

>It's not bad otherwise but a lot depends on bodyweight/fat %
I weight 83kg (182 pounds) last I checked. Fat % I honestly don't know. I'd guess between 15 and 20 probably?

when stating your weighted pullup, state the TOTAL weight: In your case, that'd be 83 kg + 30 kg, leading to a 1RM of 113 kg. This is more accurate to gauge strength levels than to just include +weight added (which can be really skewed on a light person)

Ok, my bad then. But is that good for an old fuck like me who only did cardio until 2 months ago?

yeah it's pretty decent
you can check your current level at symmetric strength

My record is +50kg added @ 83kg BW, close neutral grip, from a dead hang.

Now I’m working back up to that number, aiming for +60kg which would hopefully bring me close to 1 arm pullup.

I'm currently at 110 lb added for 1 rep and 2 reps for dips. I do a 3x5 strength type thing one day then the next session do 3-4x8-12 with a little less than half the weight. I've had the best progression with that. The only issue is I don't have a belt and our dumbbells only go to 110 lb. I'm also too autistic to ask how to put on and use the weight belt at our gym.

Thanks.

Not too bad I guess, all things considered.

What I did was

+10kg x2

+15kg x2

+25kg x1

+30kg x1

and called it a day. About 5 mins rest inbetween.

Nice, how old are you?

Attached: symmetric strength.png (1139x800, 78K)

i did 20 kg last time without ever training pullups

will try 30-40 next week

i don't think anything sub 40-60 is that impressive if you've actually trained for them

They're all more or less the same. Comes down to personal preference

For me, neutral grip at about shoulder width feels the best and really helped me dial in my technique.
Last workout did:
90lb x 2
70lb x 5
50lb x 6
35 x 6

i doubt youre clearing the bar

ive been struggling with weighted chin ups for the past 3 months, started with just bodyweight and now i'm at 11 kg added and i cant even do 3x5

how are you guys doing +20 kg on pullups on your first try

Once you get used to them and progress to significant weight, BW pullups become easy as fuck and you get the impression they're completely effortless

maybe they're light, it's easier for light people
as I already stated, always include your bodyweight, otherwise you can't really make comparisons

I’m 24

is there a good way to do this without the belt? i only have a barbell and plates.

>135
>one arm pullup

fellow manlet detected

Attached: Coy Dog.jpg (1077x1332, 655K)

why do the outsides of my wrists (The part opposite of my thumbs) hurt so much after doing weighted chins? I was doing them for like 3 months and stopped, they still hurt after like 2 weeks without doing them and that whole part of my hand is all tingly when I wake up after I sleep now. I tried doing the shoulder width straight bar chins again like I was and it hurt again so I stopped, if I do them on the vertical bars (like hammer grip) they don't hurt at all. Did I permanently carpel tunnel myself? Was my grip too wide?

Get a bunch of the freezer gallon zip lock bags, and some play-sand. Fill the bags up and duct tape them shut for extra security. Put in a backpack. Each bag should weigh close to 10lbs.