QTDDTOT

Attached: 1529259597705.jpg (320x222, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/content/best-beginner-weight-training-guide-with-easy-to-follow-workout.html
youtube.com/watch?v=fKqE6qGlJ_0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ez2KPyvIK4Y
reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I’ve been lifting for a month. Is pic related respectable gains or am I deluding myself?

Attached: 0743BD72-109C-40AF-9F9B-55D362760E4A.jpg (2048x2048, 449K)

Come back when you've been lifting for at least a year, jesus christ

How many rest days should i have?

I like having a tangible measure of progress. It's a lot easier to see progress with weight loss than with muscle gain.

What is a good full-body exercise I could do at Planet Fitness?
They have dumbells and dumbbars up to 100kg at my local one.

The problem is I'm 6ft 3in and doing a DB row is awfully awkward and stupid looking. What do I do about legs? Are the Jones machines really that bad to squat/press in?

Got any suggestions for tightening loose skin around my stomach area? I've lost like 100 pounds so far and I look like I'm melting which is really disheartening.

This lady that made this routine I'm using says I should only be doing a full body workout twice a week. Is this true?
bodybuilding.com/content/best-beginner-weight-training-guide-with-easy-to-follow-workout.html

It's basically:

5-10 Minute walk/run
2x12 Leg Press
2x12 Seated Leg Curl
2x12 Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
2x12 Butterfly
2x12 Triceps Pushdown (rope attachment)
2x12 Machine Bicep Curl
2x12 Machine Shoulder/Military Press
2x12 Ab Crunch Machine
5-10 minute Bike

Attached: best-beginner-weight-training-guide-with-easy-to-follow-workout-header-v2-830x467[1].jpg (830x467, 95K)

this is pure garbage

Explain why.
Go ahead.

This is your typical full body 2x a week machine workout for beginners.

I don't see where I'd add anything other than good mornings and leg extensions.

Why do i find it funny when i see girls i knew getting fat? Am i an asshole?

>No compounds
>nb4 Jow Forums loses it's fucking mind

Attached: 1fiate[1].jpg (500x405, 23K)

>Phase One:
45-Degree Back Extension 3x10
Back Squat 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
Deadlift 5x5
>Phase Two
45-Degree Back Extension 3-4x10
Front Squat 5x5
Back Squat 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
Standing Barbell Shoulder Press 5x5
High Pull 5x5
Deadlift 5x5
Standing Barbell Calf Raise 5x25
>Phase Three
45-Degree Back Extension 4x10
Front Squat 5x5
Back Squat 5x5
Standing Barbell Shoulder Press 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
Bent-Over Barbell Row 5x5
Deadlift 5x5
Behind-the-Neck Press or One-Arm Dumbbell Press 5x5
Barbell Curl 5x5
Lying Triceps Extension 5x8
Standing barbell calf raise 5x25

When I bench my elbow gets this weird feeling. Not painful. More like a pinched nerve. Almost a numbness. Hard to describe. Anyone have any ideas what it is what what causes it? It started when I began benching with my arms perpendicular to my chest

if you don't want to do free weights it's a good program

just realize that you can get more out of every single exercise if you did a free weight variation

doesn't even has to be squat, bench or deads, there's plenty of other free weight exercises you can do

Then would something like this be better?

A
- Leg Press
- Hamstring Curls
- DB Bench
- Cable Rows or DB Rows
- DB Curls

B
- Leg Press
- Hamstring Curls
- DB Shoulder Press
- Lat Pull downs or Pull Ups
- Rope Push downs

AxBxAxxBxAxB etc?

How do I get rid of my belly fat? I've lost weight practically everywhere else but I want my stomach to flatten out...

it depends on your goals

Between 0 and 7, it depends on your routine.

Aesthetics.

Seems like 3 times a week is better than 2 times a week anyway, maybe I'll just do the 3 day a week one.

look up PPL and do that 6 times a week

>6 times a week
Be serious.

>What is CNS failure
Don't do this. PPL's are bro science myth.
They are a waste of time and energy.

Her reasoning for using machines doesn't really make sense to me. Machines train muscles in isolation, which is not what a beginner needs since muscles do not work in isolation in everyday life. They don't make you usefully stronger at anything other than just that one exercise because you generally do not perform single joint movements in normal life.
Like another user said, a free weight variation and doing compound exercises is going to be a lot more beneficial at the start and in the long run.
I guess it depends on your goals.

PPL is the new brosplit

There is the argument that machines are safer, and the newer ones are.

It doesn't really honestly matter. Just go lift some heavy shit over and over again.

>taking advice from this

Attached: images (4).jpg (334x441, 15K)

Yes because the best routines were made by Jay Cutler and Ronnie Coleman.

Fuck off and die mouth breather.

I'm not trying to be argumentative for the sake of it, but safer in what way? Can you give any specific examples?
Lots of machines force your body into unnatural positions while not engaging any of the stabilizing muscles that you would actually use if you did the equivalent movement with a free weight.
I'm not saying to never use machines but rather that they don't always provide a safe alternative, especially to beginners.

>You may note that the majority of exercises are machine based; this is intentional as an unconditioned beginner, has less integrity in the joints, less stability in the core which supports the entire body during training; and this makes one more apt to be injured when attempting to lift free weight (dumbbells, barbells) when just starting out.

I get where she's going with this, but the only core work in the routine is ab crunch machine and you're never going to develop stabilizers or the rest of your core.

ok enjoy your garbage routine made for middle aged women

What is an 'unnatural' position? Show me a machine made in the last 10 years that 'forces' an 'unnatural' position.

That is a weighted ab crunch, most people lifting for aesthetics don't want a barrel midsection.

No problem, it's actually a lot of fun, have fun with your compounds and fridge body.

got a bit of forearm pain after doing curls, anyone know what I could have done?
also anything I can replace curls with for biceps? I'm already doing weighted chin ups

barbell or dumbell? Have you tried hammer grip, or using a twizler bar?

Is 7 lbs gained in a month good, about half of which being muscle?

I can't count the number of times a day I have to lift up weights with my legs while I'm sitting down or even lying on my front!

Attached: completely normal positions.jpg (662x790, 124K)

I use a barbell, but I have dumbells as well and a hammer grip gives me forearm pain as well. Think I'll just give them a rest for a while

I don't want to mix strength/hypertrophy in the same sessions as I did until now, but rather do my PPLs with strength and hyper laps.

1) What should be my repetition ranges for strenght days for compound stuff (flat/incline bench, OHP, dips, pull ups, e.t.c.). I pressume 6?
2) Should my strength days contain isolation movements as well, for example cable crossover as a finisher for chest or stuff like upright rows or lat raises for shoulders, e.t.c. or should I leave iso stuff on hyper days?
3) What about super sets/drop sets - should I do them only on hyper days?
4) What should be my repetiton ranges for hypertrophy days? (Especially regarding compound lifts, should I do them for 12-15 reps as well?)

What exercises are a good replacement for the power clean? Doing SS by the way

Just keep a track of the weight you lift.

What are some good auxiliary exercises to do while doing 5x5? I don't want to just lift for 40 mins and go home

Variations of the main lifts (incline bench, front squats, Romanian deads, pull up variations) or accessory work for commonly neglected areas (eg rear delts, hamstrings, calves)

Pendlay rows

Chin ups, dips, lying triceps extensions, curls

Stomach is often the last place to get lean (and first place you gain fat). Keep cutting and it’ll eventually lean out.

I recommend surgery

like other guy said, measure strength in the beginning and mire yourself in the mirror after you get a pump.

the best way to measure aesthetics is if somebody compliments you
>user you got broader shoulders
>user you got bigger arms

if you want to compare pics, I think if you take more over a greater period of time (like 6 or more pics for 6 months) will work better.

Is it bad to go for an 1h - 1.5h easy, chill bike ride after I just returned from heavy lifting? Am I ruining the recovery?
I normally wouldn't do it, but have to socialize.

do chest shit or look up exercises for the long head of the triceps, because these are often lagging behind when doing 5x5
Grip training is always top tier.
rear delt, scapula retraction and I forgot the proper name, but thoracic bridge like-movements are all top tier injury prevention exercises.
knee hip and ankle prehab exercises if you want to go really heavy with leg exercises. I hear glute ham raises are getting popular in the fitness comunity.

btw if you are doing 5x5 and if you are relatively new, I think you should experiment with lighter weights and higher reps. 10-20-50reps are good for range of motion, injury prevention and rehab. It supposedly works your CNS and mind muscle connection, but I do it for the injury prevention benefits. The other huge benefit of high reps is adding variety to your workouts and not always going 100%.

abs but this is better to do at home. If you are able to keep up with her you have strong abs. The video starts at 1:00. You have to have hollow body during these exercises
youtube.com/watch?v=fKqE6qGlJ_0

Are some people just naturally lacking in flexibility due to body shape? I've been practicing stretching for about 2 months and still can't touch my toes. I'm not fat (lower end BMI) but my legs are just so tightly strung that progress has been minimal. Anyway turns out my friend who's a sedentary basedboi can touch his fucking toes without warming up first. Fucking how? Dude hasn't exercised ever and the only reason he's not obese is because he doesn't eat.

no, recovery means repairing of damaged muscle during sleep. The "recovery" you are experiencing immediately after heavy lifting is replenishing of ATP (energy) stores, so you are not hindering your actual recovery.

2 months is a lot for simple stuff like touching your feet. I am going to guess that you are doing something wrong. Have you watched tutorials for proper ways to stretch? The pike stretch is done with an arched back meaning anterior pelvic tilt.

Here's how to do it.
>pic related
>go into anterior pelvic tilt = try to raise your butt as high as possible !!!
>go down
>keep your lumbar spine straight = pic to the right
>don't do bottom pic !!
>bottom pic is rounded lumbar spine = you should round your lumbar spine only after you've stretched your hamstrings to the max

After you've learned proper form you can round your lumbar spine all you want.

Also here's some accessory stretch for your hamstrings youtube.com/watch?v=Ez2KPyvIK4Y
from 0:38 to 0:42

btw for proper execution you have to keep in mind the same cues as in the pike stretch - > anterior pelvic tilt, and straight lumbar spine, rounded lumbar spine allowed only after you've stretched your hamstrings to the max
Check proper way for all stretches you do

Attached: Anterior-pelvic-tilt.jpg (1215x755, 145K)

I feel rather full after eating, how do I fix this? I eat on a hardcore deficit, and intermitent fasting. For example I've just finished a small meal of oats and almond milk as a fast break, and I feel full. It happens after main meals too, every though I eat pretty small portions, over the course of the next 5-6 hours.
Anything that could be done? I drink 3-5 liters of water a day, no forcing, I just sweat a ton at the gym and I genuinely enjoy drinking cold water.

Today I've women up, went to the gym, came home, chilled a bit, prepared my meals, ate the first meal and I feel full. It wouldn't be wise to go for cardio wouldn't it? What about stretching and passive / basic mobility exercises? Can I just do those?

Attached: 1509282742578.jpg (720x720, 102K)

Pretty sure I've been using that form. Hamstrings on the backs of my knees feel like they'll snap. That's why I'm wondering if it's just not possible for my body type and whether I should bother continuing.

you can stretch on a full belly. Stretches to avoid are those where you are upside down. Like if you have a really good pike stretch
Pic related
no idea about cardio, because I don't do it (unfortunately)

Attached: Untitled.png (291x330, 160K)

I wanna get back into the gym after almost a year long of inactivity due to a disc protrusion, and I wanna lay off squats/deadlifts/Standing OHP. Is this routine any good?

>4x8 bench press
>4x8 chin up
>4x8 seated OHP
>4x8 dumbbell lunges

And a bunch of other core excersises like planks, L-sits and what not.

What those any different from Bent Over Rows?

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'll just do squat-based stretch moves since they feel the most natural for me (asian)

try doing it straddled, to hit the inner knee harder. Some people are naturally more flexible. Reason is
>we stretch our connective tissue = muscle, ligaments, tendons
>there's a lot of collagen in connective tissue
>there are a lot of different types of collagen (28)
>some are more stretchy than others
>how flexible you are and your potential is predetermined by the proportion of different types of collagen fibers you got.

Anyways I think it should be possible to touch your toes even for the very non flexible people.

Straddled as in legs legs spread out apart while sitting? Can ALMOST touch my left toe, but that's it.

It's so fucking confusing. All the people I exercise with are really confused about why I can't do certain moves, and will often try to push me without understanding I'll fucking snap.

They're a type of bent over row, done from the floor every rep, pulling the weight into your abdomen without moving your hips or knees.

Looks fine for a start considering you're coming back from an injury. Just be careful with seated OHP, it's not necessarily safer for your back and likely will actually put more stress on your spine than standing, since it will be directly compressed by the seat.

Yes I thought about that, so I was thinking of not doing OHP instead and just do side raises, maybe upright row too.

Maybe I could do light OHP in the rep ranges of 4x12?

Skinnyfat here.
>166cm
>62kg
Around 21%bf. Is it a good idea to bulk up to around, let's say 70kg then go on a cut or just cut first?

My levator scapulae muscle is super tight and absolutely loves to take over all the work from my lats. As a result I look like there is a 2 for 1 sale at the invisible watermelon store and never feel like I truly worked my lats.

Is there any way I can make it chill the fuck out and shift the work onto my lats with pulling movements?

I'd definitely try it out lighter and see how it goes, since OHP is such a good exercise. Can you do standing from a rack? I'd maybe try that and just focus on not overarching your back and don't take the weight or reps anywhere close to failure.

What kinds of exercises causes this to happen?

It's entirely up to you. If being fat bothers you, by all means cut first and then slow bulk. If not, then you can bulk now and cut after. It is unlikely to make a huge difference in the end assuming you stick with whatever you decide.

All variations of the pull up (including lat pulldown), as well as dumbbell rows and, strangely, cable pullovers

I can't do barbell rows because of a back injury unfortunately

Or should I do incline bench only, and treat OHP as a accessory, aka don't go too heavy on it? I remembered standing OHP kinda aggravated my back in the past, and I really really don't want to put any risk at all, that's why I was thinking light 4x12 seated OHP.

Then I'm not sure what to suggest as those include most exercises that are good at building lats. Can you do chest supported rows of some kind? Or maybe dumbbell pullovers?

Is there a limit to how much you can bulk? Like at what point does it become too much? I'm thinking of bulking then cutting just in time for graduation next year

>dumbbell pullovers

I'll try that, thanks

That's also a good option. I wouldn't risk going heavy on anything that has the potential to injure you again until you feel confident it's healed. Incline is a good alternative.

The limit would probably be how fat you're willing to get. I wouldn't recommend eating as much as you possibly can to put on weight as quickly as possible because there's a limit to how much muscle you can make in a period of time. Try to eat enough that you're putting on weight but not to an extreme degree. 1-3lbs per month is a good estimate.

Regarding pic related, what is wrist work? What is calves, is it calf raise? Do you use a barbel or a dumbbell for calves? If I can't do a pull-ups or a chin-ups what should I replace it with? Can I add some accessories exercises at the end after completing the work out?

Attached: Untitled.png (448x604, 30K)

is ashwagandha legit?

been taking it for a week and don't really feel any different.

Okay so uh,

x8 incline bench press
x8 chin up
x12 seated OHP
x8 dumbbell lunges

And probably some accessories if I have the time like curls/pushdowns whatever.

Also I used to do only 5x5, now I don't really want to hit big numbers anymore, just lift solely for keeping fit and looking good, generally 8 to 12 reps is better for hypertrophy right?

What if I do SS but always OHP rather than benching? I don't understand the point of benching, it seems like it just uses fewer muscles than the press.

Wrist work would be things like wrist curls or, I imagine, any forearm stuff.
Yes, calf raises. Dumbbells or barbells, whatever is heavy enough to challenge you.
Keep trying to do chin ups, do negatives if you can (use your legs to jump to the top position and lower yourself slowly), band assisted chin ups, or bodyweight rows if these aren't possible, until you can do 1. When you can do 1, do them for sets of 1 and gradually increase from there.
What accessories do you want to include? I'd be surprised if you had enough energy to do a lot more. If you do, then the weight isn't heavy enough on the compounds.

guys i need help with my routine
ive been working out for about 4 months now only doing weighted and regular push ups and chin ups
i dont know how to create a proper routine and i dont have much equipment at my disposal

push ups-20x1 12x4
chin ups- 5x5
bicep curls- 8x3
crunches- till failure

would something like this work?

That's the usual logic, yes. I think the difference is so minimal for most that it hardly matters if you do 5 or 8-12 reps, assuming the difficulty is at a similar level. In your position, it's probably a good idea to avoid very heavy weights so it makes sense to do higher reps.
Try it out for a start and see how it's going. If nothing aggravates your back, you can take it from there. It's difficult to do leg stuff without putting pressure on your spine. Maybe in the future, think about front squats as they don't pressure the lower back so much.
Good luck, dude.

Crunches til failure are probably bad for your back in the long term. I'd instead do planks and/or RKC planks.

Since you have some dumbells, add rear delt flyes and side bends. If you have anything heavy enough (unlikely in your house) do farmers walks.

Get a running backpack with front straps and put dumbbells in there for a cheap-ass way to do weighted pushups. I think once you're comfortably doing 20 you might as well do 10x5 weighted.

Unironically this if you don't have equipment:
reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

Thanks man. Yeah legs will be a problem but I wanna take things slowly.

Thanks, I'm still saving up to buy heavier plates. Accessory things would be glute bridge or hip thrust, leg raises, overhead tricep extension and using resistance bands for lower body I can't remember their specific names.

Attached: 1529695241763.gif (310x480, 3.86M)

I have two customizable dumbbells and ~120 lbs worth of plates to put on them, and an adjustable bench. Does anyone have a comprehensive routine for just dumbbells and a bench? I can't reach a real gym again until mid-august.

I've got access to a ton of Miralax, is it okay to take on a daily basis as opposed to psyllium husk? From the sound of it, Miralax(Polyethylene Glycol) is only advised for short term while psyllium can be used long term?

thanks guys if you have any more suggestions im all ears but as it stands ill replace crunches for plank until failure and add lateral raises for shoulder work

Try it without adding things and get used to it for a while. If you still have energy after the weights go up, add accessories.

I've been watching a lot of Jeff Caveliere (and others') videos and been inspired to switch from my previous full body routine to a more intense PPL routine on the same days: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Here is what I have so far, please help. Is this a complete and effective routine?

Push day:
Lateral raises 3xF
OHP 5x5
Tricep cable pushdown 3x8
Dips 3x8
Bench press 5x5
Cable flies 3x5
1 arm cable crossover 3x8

Pull day:
ez bar curls 3x10
chinups 3xF
1 arm dumbell rows 3xF
pullups 3x5
Lat pulldown 5x5

Legs:
Back squats 5x5
Front squats 3x5
Hip abductor machine 3x10

I love squatting. I want to do core work on leg day too perhaps since there's not a lot there as of now, or add in more bicep curls or something since I think my arms are lacking. I'm not sure yet. Any tips or help with my routine would be appreciated.

>me
>What do you usually like when going out?
>her
>A bit of of everything EXCEPT ORGIES

I'm retarded plz halp, what kind of fucking answer is that? The fuck do I reply?

Attached: 1451260209896.jpg (354x352, 49K)

is this a waste of time?

Attached: image.jpg (1368x853, 380K)

my libido plummets after a workout for pretty much the rest of the day and I can't properly get aroused and fuck my girlfriend...I have to wait until the next day to "recharge". literally scheduling the gym around my sex schedule.
>had T checked (it's good)
>sleeping 8 hours
>eating a lot
>gymming for no more than 1 hour at a time

help me reddit

Is GOMAD legit? I'm out of whey and drinking a a gallon of milk a day sounds really appealing

>dumbbars

>what the

>Jones machine

oh okay he’s trolling.

>As long as you aren't opposed to a good old fashioned bukkake

What the fuck does it say not to stretch? I understand it's different from a "dynamic warmup" but stretching is good for you.

Otherwise, looks like a good beginner routine.

In what way is this more intense than a full body routine? You will, supposedly, move from working out your main muscle groups 3 times a week to once? PPL is normally PPLPPLx or PPLxPPL.
If you only have 3 days a week, stick with full body.