What are some good running shoes fit? asics any good?

what are some good running shoes fit? asics any good?

Attached: 1527197201746.jpg (1277x1364, 373K)

there's so many different opinions on this.
brand means nothing really, as each brand has minimalist and super padded supportive models.
I would, personally, start with a low drop minimal padding lightweight shoe, like a nike flex.
If you can learn to run in these, it will provide a good foundation of proper form. If you find that when running in these, your ankles fall inward too much then you need to strengthen them. Getting supportive shoes will prevent you from strengthening many foot and ankle muscles.

After you have no issues with these, and you have sorted out your possible ankle problems I would say get some more padded trainers so you can give your legs a break a few days a week. Hoka one ones are good for this

A lot of what makes a running shoe good will depend on how the shoe fits your foot, how comfy it feels to run with, and the technology inside the show.
Would say either go to a running store to figure out exactly what a good show for you is, but some common shoes that a lot of people end up enjoying are ASICS Kayano, ASICS GT1000, Nike Pegasus, Brooks Ravenna, Mizuno Wave Riders, New Balance stuff, Saucony stuff, Hoka One stuff.
Cannot stress how important it is to walk/jog around a bit with these shoes before buying. Always hear great stuff about Nike Frees, but shit hurts the ball of my foot like crazy.

I never would’ve expected it but I got given a pair of Sketchers to run in and have never looked back since. I’ve had issues with recurring injuries for years playing football (soccer) and they’d always flare up if I was training for a marathon but, since I started wearing Sketchers 3-4 years ago, I haven’t had a single leg injury. It’s amazing.

thanks guys, really insightful. I think I'm gonna go start with a low drop minimal padding lightweight shoe first and see how it fits. what are some other options than Nike Flex that are in the same category? any of the one mentioned by ?

also, is there anything else that would be helpful for a beginner?

The nike free the other guy mentioned is similar, but more expensive.
If you go to a nike outlet store you can get a nike flex for 40 dollars.
I don't know of the model names for any of for other brands off the top of my head.
Just keep in mind that both minimalist and super cushiony shoes have their uses, like I said.

Nike Free are pretty popular in this category. Try before you buy though, low drop minimalist shoes seem cool, but doesnt work for everyone. Like that user said it also could give you foot pains even if you take it gradually. They feel nice to walk around with at least

Attached: are you feeling it yet.jpg (633x950, 95K)

and other useful things would just be to watch as many videos on form, cadence, exercises to prevent injury, post running stretching, and other things like that as you can handle.
don't run with your feet too close together, width wise.
run using your glutes mostly.
increase cadence using a metronome.
land with your feet directly under your body, don't reach in front of you with your feet. a tiny bit is ok as form varies from person to person, but just as a general rule don't go too far out there.
don't run fast. 90% of your runs should be done at such an easy pace that you can have a casual conversation with a friend.
don't run too often or too far when starting.
dont be embarrassed to run slow
I run 75mpw currently and 3 of my runs are currently at about an 845-9 minute mile pace.
look up strides, tempo runs, fartleks, repeats.

asics are top tier for middle to long distance on roads but can handle some ruff terrain as well (not full off-road but dirt paths and shit are good).
but it really depends of what you're looking for.

>asics
Is this what you would recommend for someone doing most of their running on pavement?

I'd like to know this too something for running 5k on tarmac/concrete and small sections of grass

I have some old Nike Dart VI i ran in recently and it felt really narrow to me friction burn on the inside of foot near the arch after my run. i don't have flat feet or any arch problems in my football(soccer) shoes that are basic as fuck

I have some "running fashion" kinda shoes from adidas which seem pretty basic and they don't feel as narrow but they're too big for me as they're my brothers that i borrowed.

HNNNNGGGG

Kinda looks like Sam Hyde

Not that person, but I mostly run on pavement and asics are the only shoe I've tried that don't give me blisters. They're all I buy now

Ok sounds good, ive seen some asics recommended so far but any other specific ones i should look into?

The kind you use when taking nigger cock.

Sauuuucceee pls

kelsey berneray, reverse image faggot

Yeah reversed it and found thx

Asics are great, I have a £40 pair that were worn 2-3 times then used on a 30 mile walk without being worn in, not even a heat spot and really comfortable

Dynaflityte are incredible for distances up to 15k. can handle a lot. i own a pair and they're great. easy sprints too.
want something for longer distances? go to their site. my father runs half and full marathons and he uses asics as well.
hardcore track sprints? nike or puma would be your choice.

>£40 pair
what are they called?

Gel 190TR

fancy cushioning is a meme. if you are striking heel first you are doing it wrong.
get whatever is cheap and comfortable.

I must have got them on offer, I paid £50 at most for them but looks like they go for more now. I've had 3 pairs of Asic running shoes and they've been great, able to slip them straight on and use them without having to wear them in at all. Used them for walking, running and as a daily shoe for work and they last ages too

I like my Nig Balance fresh foams

look for a pdf called "running fast and injury free"

thanks alot friend.

>not running barefoot for callus gains