QTDDTOT

QTDDTOT

wristlet edition

So i got thumb tendinitis.. how long can this shit last?
Its been a week & tired of doing legs
can i do PULL day since it doesnt seem to hurt or should i wait until fully recovered?

Attached: 20180702_025218_rmedited.jpg (719x953, 366K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sailrabbit.com/bmr/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hi, I'm 184cm 60kg and want to start lifting. Are machines just a meme? From what I've read, free weights are the GOAT and machines are bad because they isolate too much, don't work the stabilizers and stall too quickly.
But my understanding is that in every gym there will be one person at the staff who will give you a list of stuff to do, and those things are most often just machine work. So what do I do? Just tell them to fuck off and let me mind my own business?

Fuck the list
I only use machines to work around injuries but there are some excercises only achiavable with machines also you need to bulk

> Just tell them to fuck off and let me mind my own business?

Yes. Or you just went to the wrong gym. Avoid the ones with tons of machines and personal trainers.

Work on compound exercises like Bench Press, Barbel Squat and Deadlift first. Then you can do isolation exercises.

I started with the StrongLifts 5x5 program but now I’m on a PPLPPLX because I wanted to lift 6 times a week

Is it bad to excercise muscles with DOMS?

Got sick last thursday so I skipped saturdays training in hopes of getting better.
Don't have a sore throat anymore and I don't feel like my body is made of lead anymore.
Still got a runny nose and sniffles though.
I should be alright to train tomorrow (tuesday) right?

And coming back from being sick, how should I approach lifting? Lower weights to not blow myself out again right?

Do I do fullbody routine (entire body in one workout) twice a week or 3 times a week?

Or every 2 days?

The 'free weights only' movement is a huge fad. I'd only recommend completely ignoring machines if you are a beginner, or have interests in building strength only, no matter how retarded you end up looking.

For aesthetics and general every day health, machines are fine. There is a reason gyms have machines, and people have been making progress on machines since they were invented.

If they were that terrible every 'serious' gym would have cut out the expense of machines (which is very high) and just thrown freeweights at people.

Lift heavy shit and it doesn't matter. By the time it does, you'll learn how to make specific plans around your bodies needs and your own desires.

It depends, working out with muscle soreness is fine, but if a muscle is locking up at rep 5 or is causing you to fail out of pain, reevaluate your work weight with that muscle/workout, you probably went to high (deload).

Generally working out while having sick-like symptoms is OK. You probably won't be setting any PR's, load up on water and food if you can stomach it, your body is spending a lot of energy killing whatever bullshit got into it that made you sick.

Okay, no trouble eating, sleeping or drinking. Just sniffling and an irritating throat.
Since I'm doing SS I guess progress is stalled this week.

nah it is fine to lift with DOMS just don't expect to hit PR's
Whatever your program says

My program say 'allow one day between lifting weights'
But then later on it says 'allow 2 days for recovery'
and a routine almost the same says on some bodybuilding post 3 times a week.

5-10 Minute walk/run
2x12 Leg Press
2x12 Seated Leg Curl
2x12 Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
2x12 Butterfly
2x12 Triceps Pushdown (rope attachment)
2x12 Machine Bicep Curl
2x12 Machine Shoulder/Military Press
2x12 Ab Crunch Machine
5-10 minute Bike

that is a weird program but just do it 3 times a week

Getting some pain around the top of my hip, maybe hip flexor, at the bottom of my squat. It's only on the right side and feels kinda like a cramp that lingers after I've finished. Weakness? Bad form? Stretch more? What can I do to make it go away?

Your stance is too wide.

Thank you very much, user. God bless you.

How do people consume so much salt and not feel like shit? I've been eating almost no added salt but I had a can of soup today and felt really dehydrated and got a headache and could feel my heart beating harder than normal.

How to break plateau on military press?
Currently have it on my power days (PHAT program) 6-10 reps, can't seem to break 60kg for 6 reps. I do db overhead press, arnold press, raises and face pulls on my hypertrophy days and I'm not plateauing on any of those.
Drop down to 50/55kg and try and hit closer to 10 reps perhaps?

I unironically enjoy a Monster Zero Ultra almost every night (I work nights) to keep me up and get me ready for my lifts after work.

Is it just a meme? Where I work there is only a vending machine and coffee gets real old after a while, especially with meals.

We drink more water, duh.

There is literally something wrong with you then, not everyone else. Go see a doctor. Sounds like some kind of pussy genetic weakness.

Military press is the first lift that most people need to deload or reset completely on, the muscles it uses just aren't very big and are hard to grow after a while.

I drink a lot of water and eat lots of fruit/veg as well.
I used to be able to consume lots of salt and be fine but I can't anymore after I stopped eating processed food.

Then you aren't dehydrated. Might be hypertension, measure your blood pressure next time.

Yeah, being sodium sensitive isn't because you started eating better.
Go see a doctor, it's not normal, something is off with your electrolytes.

I get my blood and blood pressure tested frequently(because of an unrelated condition i have)and everything is perfectly normal

How much training is "overtraining?" Should I always take a rest day between workouts, or is going everyday alright if I don't feel too drained/sore?

depends on you, and the workouts, other things you do,

I've never dealt with this myself, but I recently read a review for the apartment complex I'm moving into and it said
>don't move here if you want to have a girlfriend
can apartments tell me I can't have my gf over??

>thumb tendinitis

Attached: 1530129109522.jpg (783x734, 78K)

What are some healthy foods, strong in protein and calories to bulk with? I don't want to dirty bulk because I break out very easy when I eat like shit.

Alright, done it a couple of times now and I can run 10km in 55 minutes. Looking at local marathon results that's not terrible, but I want to shave at least 15 minutes off it. What's the best way to do it? Just keep running that distance? Run a bit further each time?

>marathon
meant fun run

Why are the stats regarding chicken breast protein so fucking unreliable? Depending on what websites I check the number varies by almost 10 g/oz (23 g). Myfitnesspal says that 3.5 oz (99 g) of roasted chicken breast contains only 23g of protein whereas I see multiple other websites claiming numbers close to 30g. Who am I to believe here? This makes a huge difference in my meal plan.

Chicken

Is this true Jow Forums?

Attached: test.jpg (1440x480, 336K)

I believe the only part that's true is the slight spike in test after a week.

Went down from 100kg to 71kg, should I finally start bulking or continue losing weight?

22y
71.5kg - 157.6 lbs
183 cm - 6'0

Attached: 20180701_223344.jpg (916x1566, 629K)

Do you guys count olive oil you put on the pan in your calories? Barely any of it touches the food if it’s like a chicken breast

I've got a barbell that weighs 11kg with a maximum load of 150kg. Does that mean i can can add up to 150kg (making it 161kg) or only 139kg?

Attached: math-problem-1wy-00.jpg (800x419, 31K)

>65% of the USA can't into order of operations
Sounds about right

Seems a little low.

You can start bulking now, stop with the Former Fat Boy Syndrome, eat a lot and train hard for some size.
I was in a situation similar to yours some months ago, the best choice was to start bulking

Why am I losing weight and looking leaner at 3k calories even though it seems i'm getting some muscle gains despite being a skellington? Is it the minor amount of muscle memory i had from lifting for ~5 months before taking a break for 1-2 because of exams?

What benefit does pre workout actually provide? Most pre that I see just has 1-2 cups of coffee worth of caffeine. I usually drink that much before I lift. Should I even bother with pre then?

What should I do on a date? I'm meeting up at a bar with a solid 8/10. I locked her down because of my looks but I'm pretty inexpierenced with girls, I'm unironically the virgin chad.

So how should I handle it? How long should the bar date take? Should I go in for the kiss when we leave?

When bench pressing is it useful to push the bar the extra couple inches into the air once you're at the top? I feel like I'm getting my full range of motion this way, but doing so feels awkward with an arched back—much more comfortable with a flat back.

What do I transition too once I have beat SS and don't wanna incorporate meme oly lifts ? All I care about is being strong so no aesthetic BS needed.

>Needing super saiyan for 3pl8

Whats you height, weight and stats? How long have you been doing starting strength?

Just give me a good program faggot

If you can only squat 3pl8 then you haven't beat SS.

People need to know your weight because it's much easy to squat 3pl8 if your 200lbs+

It's not hard to Google "intermediate lifting program" and find 5/3/1, madcow 5x5, Greyskull, Texas method, PPL

I recommend 5/3/1 BBB

Attached: angry_ant_posting_intensifies.png (855x441, 528K)

Texas Method has meme lifts and PPL is a broscience tier crap but I'll look into the others

> asks for intermediate programs on a Vietnamese dollmaking forum
> bashes PPL as broscience
why are you such a tool?

PPL is literally just lifting for vanity dude don't get on my case because I called it out as such

Seconding info about tendonitus. I think ive got it in my elbow, been about a month and it wont fuck off.

Really? What lifts are required in PPL, user?

pls respond

Pushing Pulling and Lifting you dumbass

Are you being unironically stupid?

Obvious bait is obvious

What do you define as a meme lift. Texas is squat bench dl and cleans. The quintessential strength lifts

Attached: 1211.jpg (331x331, 52K)

Cleans are a meme lift and I'm not wasting my time learning them when all I care about is dead/bench/ohp and squat.

>Just throw this fucking bar above your head, and do a split. I know you can dead 600lbs but this exercise with 100lbs on the bar will make you more "explosive !11"

Just more of the "practical strength" meme bullshit that I could just get from crossfit if I wanted to be a laughing stock

Why are you even here if you have no respect for what we do?

Fuck off, kid.

screw you olympic goofball faggot

>Pain in my right palm. Right below the thumb
>See doctor
>"It's fine. Nothing's wrong"
>See another doctor
>"No problems. Do suicide grips"

It only hurts on benching and dips but I'm getting pretty scared and worried. Would gloves help? I seriously don't think my grip is wrong.

Will the söy in my Whey Protein turn me into a söyboy?

Attached: 1520688654886.png (832x659, 701K)

I have zero arm strength, can't do even a single push-up

Is there any hope for me? I started moving a little bit because I'm fatasfatass (100 kilos at 176cm), walking 30 minutes everyday and going for squats/plank/push-ups in the morning.

I can do 10 bodyweight squats and 60 seconds planks easily now, but I still struggle with the push-ups

What can I do to improve if I can't do even one?

I know I should be hitting the gym but there's no gym with weights nearby (all machines, no dumb bells even) and I want to start small to build up a consistent routine and cement the habit

>What can I do to improve if I can't do even one?

Wall pushups in the meantime to work your way up to pushups. Also look into hollow holds if you can do them to add another good abwork into your routine. Keep up with the squats when you lose weight your legs are gonna be buff as hell and you'll be able to transition well into barbell squats.

>Is there any hope for me?

Yes

I’m losing strength on a Keto cut, should I switch to a cutting diet but with carbs reintroduced to help preserve strength. I’ve been cutting 1 week, and have seen decent fat loss, or should I just stick with Keto.

No one said you have to do the jerk/press. Honestly you sound like a fatty that doesn't have to mobility to do this lift.

5'10 155lbs been lifting for a month and a half, can i start a lean bulk now? Or keep cutting?

Attached: 20180702_0817157877665454656556.jpg (3545x1986, 1.43M)

Sounds like you've got it figured out. Why are you asking us for a program then? By now you must have some resources to use. Admit it that 3pl8 is your deadlift orm

Frens, I know there was a good manual from screencaps on how to meditate. Could some good user provide it, or some other source? I would like to begin.

Thanks.

You can bulk, friend.

is having sex every day bad for my gains? am I throwing my testosterone away?

I'm currently intermittent fasting (one meal a day) but I've had my meals at different times every day (lunch one day, dinner the next etc.) Will this hurt my fast or does the timing not matter?

>Weigh yourself every morning after your morning piss
>Take the average of that week's weight measurements
Is this the best way to track your weight?

The first part yes. You should weight yourself after using the bathroom and before eating or drinking anything.

As for the second part that is the way to be most accurate as it accounts for daily fluctuations. However, there is nothing wrong with taking your weight every day and just tracking that, without bothering with averages.

If you have only been doing Keto a week then you aren't even properly stabilised in ketosis yet. Plus the first two weeks your body has to adapt to using fat as a fuel so performance and just generally how you feel will be down.

As for strength losses that is expected as you will have deplete the glycogen stores in your muscle and aren't replenishing them.

If you are gonna do keto then stick with it for a few weeks to see if your performance stabilises or improves. However, eating carbs while cutting is also fine so don't think keto is the only way.

As long As your getting your fasted hours in doesn't matter at all. Eat at 1am if u want just get ur fasting and ur fine

What's a good TDEE calculator?

is PHUL a meme ?

Just asking from same point as sickguy, have really blocked up nose and had issues sleeping, along with decreased energy. Can still lift? How should I deal with infectiousness. I don't want to be that guy.

sailrabbit.com/bmr/

Do premier protein shakes count as processed food? I drink 3-4 per day

Take a guess, user. Can't see any shakes growing out there in the trees, can you.

Yes

All is just an estimation. Not even the calories are accurate.
You just estimate at the end of the day, supraestimate If you're cutting.

I hate the fucking seated calve raise machine. How to train calves?

Running or leg press calve edition

Squats and dead. If you wanna be autistic and focus calves use the smith machine to load weight.

Generally you don't want to work the same muscle group without at least a full day's rest between workouts, preferably two full days.

Working out almost every day should be fine so long as you take a rest day at least once a week and eat plenty of food, drink a lot of water, and get a good amount of rest each night.

This is just in general, however. Every person is different and some people's bodies can handle more stress.

why

You can load a max of 150kg on the bar

I took it once and it gave me an anxiety attack. I felt paranoid and jittery as fuck but my lifts were great.

Been squatting and diddling for 2 years. My calves are non existent.

Maaaan, I can't improve my squatting. My deadlift is on point but there's something wrong with my squatting I think, I fixed my knee cave in due to reloading, but now I can't add anything 2 weeks after, with perfect nutrition down to the last gram, because every time I add more weight coming out of the whole becomes odd, like I don't cave in my knees but I can sorta see my legs bending a little on the right side.

Tl;dr how improve squat?

That's just your fate then

because ur a memer

Need a video of your squat

I just got an ab wheel and want to start working on abs on off days. What's a good ab routine?

Retarded newcomer here, I must have overworked myself or bit off more than I can chew. I've been working out for about 2 months now, and it's been going pretty well until this last week that I've been experiencing shoulder joint pain. Doing dumbbell shoulder raises for instance triggers the pain, anything where I really have to extend my arms.

Do I have to stop working out altogether until it's done healing? Or can I just avoid lifting/exercises that put pressure there, but still do other exercises? I don't want to make this way worse, but I also don't want to take too much off because I know I'll get demotivated.

Attached: to intelligent.jpg (800x450, 41K)