Should I take the running pill?

Should I take the running pill?

Having a healthy heart, lungs, and cardiovascular system is more important than lifting.

The point is, I want to get big and live a healthy long life

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ty5zJdPrqys
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>running kills your gains

no you dont deserve to have a long life

HIIT
None of that jogging shit.

>healthy heart, lungs, and cardiovascular system
You can earn these through lifting.

He didn't say that

You can't

youtube.com/watch?v=Ty5zJdPrqys

you run to get better at running

No one said you can’t do both retard

Lol I can’t tell if OP is serious or bait

You can't

Attached: 1507036717990.png (645x729, 145K)

I agree that jogging is a waste of time. HIIT is great but also extremely tough on your body and not a sustainable way of training. Even olympic sprinters only go all out maybe once a week depending on their regiment. Best way of doing cardio is to find multiple activities you enjoy doing.

Running a distance like a 5k with a focus on speed.
20mins HIIT
Hour of biking
Trail running
30 min swim for max laps

No obligation or commitment to any particular activity. Doing whatever you feel like is the most freeing, enjoyable and sustainable way of doing cardio

If you can't run a sub-15 5k, you're not athletic at all.

more like 10 minute you fat fuck

Why do you label every activity as a pill

>Imagine being so fat and out of shape that what you perceive as "athletic" is a walk in the park

Is it ok to do 30 minutes of jogging (6 mph) 3 days a week or is that too little?

Just do whatever you feel comfortable with.

this is the correct way of doing any exercise really.

Personally I recommend rowing on the ergo for like 20 mins as solid cardio, and then to push yourself a 2k row aiming for sub 2 minute/500metre split

>aiming for 8 minutes
jesus i always forget how absolutely pathetic this board is when it comes to doing cardio

>minutes as in plural, more than one minute
Fucking weak brah. Have you had your testosterone checked?

No. It gives you loose skin. If you want a saggy face, then go ahead.

Wr is 1236 on a track

>doing a "sport" that makes you look like an emaciated skeleton
>Health

Kek

Hint: you can do lots of cardio and still get huge by lifting. See rugby players, football players, etc.

Running doesn't kill gains. You just have to eat more to compensate for calories burned while running if you are trying to gain muscle mass.

Attached: aF1U7y0TQyMkpnFKqgnkLq9aBiKPjWOTMMQGhkguy0Q.jpg (640x480, 35K)

Lol no you can't, stop with the mental gymnastics. Lifting is not taxing on the cardiovascular system- unless you use extremely light weights and do a ton of reps your muscles tire out way before your heart rate goes up significantly.

i meant as a start. obviously by the time you've done it for a couple of sessions you should be able to do a 2k in about 4 minutes at about 50 strokes per minute

Take the swim pill.

>should I ruin my joints?
Do some cardio, but not running.

Just swim, its better in every way

Fuck you. Just started running in May and I wish I could runs one as fast. I can probably do one in 26-27 mins right now. Still working on lengthening my stride for the whole run. This shit sucks at 33.

Running isn't bad for your joints unless you have bad form. Stop propagating dumb myths.

If I do c25k on my rest days will I murder my gains?

>exposing your skin to chlorine and chemicals on a regular basis is better than running

Imagine being this much of a brainlet

your diet and nutrition would have to be good, but you can absolutely make and maintain solid gains while doing fuck loads of cardio

Met an old running buddy at the bar. Both our minds were blown when we compared how easy lifting is compared to running. Run and you can do anything. Its what humans are built for.

ask your knees, they'll tell you

Just do both senpai
I do half iron mans in the summer and lift during the winter. I can still 1/2/3/4

don't wanna make a thread for this so i'll post here, maybe someone can help.
i'm currently losing weight, i lost 5kg so far. i'm probably not doing it in the most optimal way, i just cut out all kinds of sweets and i try to eat more protein and less carbs.
i also started doing cardio, namely jogging. the information on the internet is confusing however.
is it true that you only really get weight-loss results once you do more than 45 minutes? i can run for an hour straight but it kills my legs for like 3 days, so i thought about instead doind 30 min runs every day. would i still usefully burn calories like that? i read some shit about your body simply burning up quick-access energy in the first 45 minutes, making it very inefficient for weight loss

please help me out

Calories in, calories out, it's that simple. Stop eating and you'll lose weight without even lifting a leg.

Yeah, run. Or at least hike or kayak or walk. I work on the railroad with a lot of geared out jacked nevercardio bros and they’re all super unhealthy and winded just from walking to or from trains and climbing on the engine shits a joke and I give them hell for it all the time.

Cardio will compliment your lifting, retards. Better cardiovascular fitness affects everything, just eat more to compensate for the calories used.

If you hate running long distances and do it only for cardio, you should drop it.
Use HIIT to get better results in shorter amount of time.
Swimming is generally more efficient for cardio.

You are using up energy to run, where would that quick-access energy go if it wasn't used? Stored as fat.

>Its what humans are built for.

This. The run perks humans specialized in made us some of the highest endurance species on the planet

>some

My dude humans have better endurance than horses. We are the Kings of endurance on this planet.

>4 minute 2k
>50 strokes a minute
The world record 2k on a concept 2 is 5:35.8, done at about 35 strokes a minute. That's 600 watts right there.

Running is awful. Having your whole body in free fall on one knee is a tremendous amount of force and impact to deal with.

Do uphill walking if you want cardio. Or swimming or biking.

>ctrl + f
>no elliptical

its so comfy bros

then how come runners have less problems with their joints and knees when they get older compared to people who dont run

>HIIT

2018 fad without enough research

run up a steep mountain with a bike then ride the bike down, easy on knees and no shin splits

Attached: 47F7B522-0D7D-4964-878F-0CDDCA593FB1.jpg (639x635, 106K)

>shin splints

nigger just increase your steps per min to 180

>2018

Faggot were still 2018 and HIIT has been a fad for 3+ years at least