/fast/ - sniff edition

FAQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, dry fasting.

>What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

>Why should I fast?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

>Can I fast if I have ___?
See your doctor before fasting if you:
>Have any sort of chronic illness
Don’t fast if you:
>Have type 1 diabetes
>Are malnourished/severely underweight
>Are pregnant
>Are breastfeeding

>How do I safely do an extended fast (approx. 4-5+ days)
New snake juice recipe here ([YouTube] ALL NEW SNAKE JUICE RECIPE!
Old snake juice recipe ([YouTube] HOW TO START THE SNAKE DIET FOR DUMMIES
>2000mg of sodium (preferably Himalayan Pink Salt) max
>4700mg of saltless potassium max
Mix these in a liter of water and sip it throughout the day. The apple cider vinegar and lemon are optional.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. It only occurs at extremely low body fat (8-10%).

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
Artificial sweeteners and diet soda are bad for you and may fuck up your fast. Zero calorie black coffee and tea are generally considered to be fine.

>Do I need a multivitamin?
Not really, since the fat you are burning contains most of the vitamins you need.

Attached: 1528057101285.gif (298x298, 1.78M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_tN7HlenTmA
people.com/politics/ethel-kennedy-hunger-strike-trump-immigration-policy/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hey fatty!

Attached: heyfatty.jpg (429x717, 30K)

Has anyone tried taking straight salt during a dry fast?

tell me your goals for july /fast/

i'm trying to go basically as long as i can this month along with kicking some of my other nasty habits

>be me
>be 39 hours in
>tfw im gonna make it

probably depends on the concentration. if you consume it in trace amounts, you'll probably be fine, but if you consume it in large quantities it might cause you problems

Attached: 1529900039508.png (272x204, 15K)

just finished 2 weeks

I am dying and everything feels horrid

going to eat a steak soon

fuck you all, fuck everything

holy shit

Attached: ded.jpg (873x506, 180K)

>i'm trying to go basically as long as i can this month along with kicking some of my other nasty habits
Me too senpai. 46 hours in

If I'm trying to do SS and my goal with fasting is not losing weight, but hgh and autophagy, it is better to use short fasts or infrequent periods of long fasts (a week)?

>end fast
>food is so unbearably sweet
every time

Attached: fast encounter.jpg (830x1192, 237K)

also ama

I did thing without any thought or anything

and I drank daily so I was drunk with 1 shot lmao

I am so fucking done this is just stupid

my wits are NO LONGER SHARP

Attached: 2018-06-12 17_30_39-Facebook.png (663x178, 179K)

>and I drank daily
While fasting?

>fast
>drinking
lol
no wonder you felt horrible, you didn't even fast

hell ya

I mean, it wasn't completely daily and it was under 100 cals of just empty whisky

for a while it was a great fast and I was 9000% amazing and thinking so clear

and now it's just pure rot and I have absolutely no energy to even do anything anymore

like the last 2 days have been the worst

plus waking up with my heart rate at 120 and feeling no pulse is bad too lmao

Attached: 24900079_2020358144914446_4377724714247023704_n.jpg (668x668, 58K)

also I went from like 167ish to 150

which is GOOD

>just finished 2 weeks
>and I drank daily so I was drunk with 1 shot lmao

You absolute fucking retard of a faggot homo

Attached: 1478528978464s.jpg (118x124, 3K)

get fucked kid I managed to save money drinking

and I lost a shit ton of weight

and I used that extra brain power to get a lot of work done

soo... nobody else get horrible horrible horrible nausea when fasting? welp guess it's time to finally kill myself.

Attached: 1512925034368.jpg (446x435, 36K)

How much water can I drink?

Do I still work out as I normally would?

One meal a day? Benefits of it? How many calories max should it have?

How do I measure without fucking table/teaspoon?

ginger tea trust me

Would walking 10k daily be sufficient exercise when fasting?
I don't want to collapse at the gym tbqh

teabags okay? or do i have to cut up actual ginger or some shit?

>be me
>fucking die

mfw

Attached: 3n-2WsBTkJ4m3E4XkC_44W7Xc0lmlzIMg19sb9Gzwt0.jpg (960x541, 42K)

>tell me your goals for july /fast/
OMAD on monday-saturday, fasting on sunday. I'm gonna shoot for a 200-300 calorie deficit on my meals. Lifting three times a week and doing HIIT in between. Stopped squatting until my leg muscles get used to the sprinting. Only deadlifts.

Not sure if I'll build any more lean mass on a deficit, but I've only been lifting for a month and noobgains might help with that. Lifts are slowly going up either way.

At the end of July I'll have a beach vacation with my dad and my two younger brothers. Currently at around 18% bf. I'll post a before/after picture towards the end of the month.

dude just chill

the militant fasters who do everything by the book and and follow the stupid fasting trends are the wrong people to listen to

few calories are not going to hurt you. the end goal is the lose weight and be smart for a bit, if you want to lose weight you just stop eating and drink water- that's it. if you feel fucked up eat a bit of fish and not worry because you're still losing weight

cutting it up would be nicer, but if you want convenience just get the bags

On day four. My head hurts. I'm so hungry. Time goes incredibly slowly. I'm so bored. I only slept five hours last night. I feel weak.

I want to break the fast. But then I look down on my fat got and remember how much I hate myself and I keep on going.

understood. thanks for the advice, senpai.

yo that's all in your mind

by now you shouldn't be hungry or even thinking of food

you need to lock in some pro ana strats and start to see food as gross

also, being bored is a good sign; it shows that you were an emotional eater and food occupied your day

you should feel great, witty and sleep sucks but whatevs

My plan is IF between 6am and 12pm, eating ~1100 calories per day. I'm hoping to break out of skinnyfat mode and into "looks like he does some pushups sometimes" mode. Then I can finally bulk without wanting to kill myself

how do i better combat tiredness and sluggishness while fasting?

Attached: file.png (782x520, 366K)

Thanks man.

avoid getting too comfy

Any fasting femanons here?

I usually get real bad pms cravings, so if its all about willpower or if anyone got any tips?

Attached: received_2036744309930638.png (1300x956, 1.36M)

48 hours in and I’m feeling very antisocial

Talking to people at work is a chore, I feel like I’m boring and flat. I really want to see my gf tonight, but part of me is worried I will just be a fucking brick

Anyone else same

Attached: image.jpg (500x572, 123K)

96 out of 144 on my second fast. Planned to do 120s, but i dont wanna refeed and then cheat on 4th of July.

Boys I started my fast yesterday, about 36 hours in now. I've got the absolute worst jaw ache, not in my teeth though, like my muscle.

Is this part of the fast? I've been drinking snake juice but im only about 200ml in.

>on the home stretch of a 90hr fast
>didn't shit past couple days, makes sense cos there's nothing go in
>wake up today, take a decent hearty solid tight dump
Where the fuck did that come from lads?

Hour 46 of 48 here

thank fucking god this round is over soon

Attached: 1525342994614.jpg (1920x1080, 114K)

Does fasting fuck with the regularity of your periods?
Also, my girl just /sips/ at rooibos infusion teas and that seems to help, although cheat meals and binge omads tend to coincide just before her period so it seems to be either sheer willpower or using that time as an excuse to live a little

Go for a long light to brisk walk my man. Clears the head, wastes some time, might even gain some clarity. Then read or watch a film or fuck around on YouTube. Godspeed

I'm fasting but I am afraid that I will lose all my lifting and cardio progress. Last month I made a big jump starting working out and have more endurance and strength already but I feel I need to fast to get a jumpstart on calisthenics

If I fast for 2 weeks will I lose everything? Or can I still lift and run?

6'1'' 225 lbs

Can I still drink water throughout the day during IF?

yeah

water, coffee, tea

Thank you. I didn't want to go for a run outside of the eating interval if I couldn't drink water

>3 day fast
>lost 0,1kg

Attached: 1524019365978.jpg (598x529, 34K)

anyone else get bad back/neck pain or hurts to breath when fasting week +?

Anyone turn into a life BITCH fasting?

Attached: image.jpg (830x692, 400K)

>fasting
>consumed calories
You didn't fast you fucking alcoholic. You were just on a super calorie restricted diet.
Fasting = zero calories. Water, black coffee, and zero calorie tea ONLY.
No sips. No diet soda. No orange mango blast tea with extra aspartame. No alcohol.

>few calories are not going to hurt you.
that's cool and you will lose a lot of weight, but don't call it fasting, because fasting = zero calories.

On day 4 of PSMF, have gone from 181->177.2lbs. Is it mostly water weight? I was already cutting beforehand, was plateauing so I decided to mix it up

And p-piss

Attached: 16124075_1402906919782906_6118443829575024640_n.jpg (480x480, 27K)

how about this?

it's club soda with some flavor no sweeteners

Attached: SchweppesRaspLimeSlz.jpg (450x450, 30K)

Hour 120, moderate ketones

My legs are killing me from a cardio MRT gym class yesterday, and I know a refeed would resolve it. But results talk and I want to get fucking shredded and show the people I care about that they can be healthier and live longer, more fulfilling lives.

I bought two fucking quest bars and they're calling my name. It was an absolute mistake, I must be a food addict, those things are my fucking kryptonite.

I've got to at least make it another three days, my past record is 7.5 days.

Some/most of it is probably, yes.

what? did you eat? if not, then no

I will come in under 300 pounds this month. Unless I royally fuck up or something, it's a safe estimate.

Does breathing in the kitchen breaks my fast? Especially when there is people cooking.

Attached: images (4).jpg (443x332, 19K)

Piss has calories. Cole is a retard

Does eating ass break a fast?

Guys does sniffing braps break my fast?

Attached: 0962E4A0-5379-41E8-880E-2CFA9A57781F.jpg (640x479, 53K)

Will drinking diet soda impede me while fasting

How do you even get that fat? No offence. Good job though.

this

i felt like a disgusting, fat, useless cunt when i was hovering around 200lbs

Is the OMAD meme true? Can I eat anything for that one meal and still lose weight?

I've been literally fat my whole life, literally since I was born. Poor habits growing up, being stupid af, etc. Where I am right now, I weigh the least I've weighed my whole life.

If anyone here has kids, instill healthy habits into them while they're young.

I'm 80kg right now and I feel disgusting. Most of my body is lean but I got a big gut and love handles still. Feel like absolute shit. Was 90kg 2 weeks ago but I've been fasting my ass off.

So you probably had scum parents then who fed you mcdonalds when you were 2 I guess.

I woke up this morning with a pounding headache and feeling bloated and disgusting after fasting for 40 hours so I ate a shitload of pasta recklessly and now I feel like I'm gonna explode aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I meant to say right now I weigh the least I've weighed in my entire adult life, so yay for that.

yes, I've lost 40 lbs in the last 4 months with OMAD.

gotta keep busy, I usually game or watch movies.

You're just weak, I don't get any cravings as long as I'm not staring at delicious food 24/7, hunger fades after the second day. I lose my appetite when I PMS also.

rapid weight loss will cause you to miss periods, low weight will cause you not to have any periods.

During snake diet should i drink water besides the juice?

is my stomach supposed to be hurting, its debilitating, even standing up from my chair or walking is painful, it feels like im wearing belt of knives around my waist.

second day on a water fast.

Can I swallow cum while fasting?

That's fine. It's a bit acidic but it won't break a fast.

"If it taste good, spit it out!" -scooby

Absolutely not.

I just chewed and swallowed some of my fingernails, did I break my fast. I also had a head phone cord in my mouth, I am deebly goncerned, Is my fast broken? Also does toothpaste break fast?

Attached: worried pepe.jpg (250x242, 7K)

user i.....

Attached: theonlyway.jpg (488x366, 24K)

Just finished 120 hour water fast with chicken bone broth mixed with fish. Going into omad for long term. This felt like nothing. Next month I’ll go longer. I realized I’m happy with my body and should bulk instead

shit, ok, i guess something else is wrong with me.

>just empty whisky
youtube.com/watch?v=_tN7HlenTmA

people.com/politics/ethel-kennedy-hunger-strike-trump-immigration-policy/

Uh, guys? Is this safe?

Attached: 1530578774725.jpg (820x734, 187K)

>user you're weird for not eating. Why are you acting like a teenage girl?

I'm doing it for the immigrants you fucking bigot.

>image caption
>"this nigger told me to eat shit, so for once... I tried it"

Kek as if Trump gives a fuck about those cucks.

>24 hours
wow, so brave!

what have I done lmao

my existence has become a comedy skit

It seems crazy now, but 24 hours without food used to seem like a big deal to me.

I think most people who've never done an extended fast feel that way. That's one of the cooler things about /fast/, I'm never going to worry about not packing a lunch or something ever again (until I get truly lean, then maybe it'll be a bigger deal).

What if I fast entirely(with water ofc) to enter ketosis faster and then apply a keto diet?

Would this actually work?

I'm a skinny fat that has been on this keto diet in order to lose fat and make my muscles more visible.

Attached: IMG_20180702_220418.png (1782x978, 277K)

Do OMAD or ADF with keto if you wanna lose weight. Starting off with a 3 day fast is a good idea to get keto adapted faster, yes.

It works with or without keto. Keto just speeds up the process.

I work in a restaurant and the chef is always like, “try this delicious new shit I made.” I had to turn him down like 5 times in the last few days.

Feels good though.

anyone here /ana/?

wow i hope you explained to the chef why you insulted him 5 times

Hope it wasn't a Japanese restaurant. You have insulted the chef and all of his ancestors. You will have to commit sudoku and putting a sword in your stomach breaks your fast.

Lost 20kgs last year with fasting,
Now I want to lose the last te kilo's.
Wish me luck boyo.s

probably the worst general in all Jow Forums right now, same fucking retarded question every goddamned thread

>have lost 80lb so far
>20lb more will put me at 16% bf
>tired of long fasts

How good would OMAD+Keto and the occasional fast be for this last bit? I don't mind if it's slower than fasting, just want a break while still losing.

Attached: 6a47635388a05d932c81f2cc1a0eb2bd6fa96042.jpg (2048x1365, 266K)

I do 48 hour fasts with 1 hour meal windows after each successful fast, while doing keto. It works for me, gives me something to look forward to and keto maintains the entire time despite 'resetting' my fast every 48 hours

boop the snoot