/plg/ Powerlifting General

5/3/1 is a shit program for wankers edition.

Attached: kels1.jpg (640x360, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BktuclOhrCP/
youtu.be/P-CwCLK7yKQ
youtu.be/NFQPBzl8aLk
barbellmedicine.com/the-bridge/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

mike t in the middle

Attached: 1529689315593.png (446x590, 334K)

First for op is right and watch more Anime

instagram.com/p/BktuclOhrCP/

training for nationals wish me luck brahs

Aren't you the guy that had one good lift then quit powerlifting?

whats a good 5 day strenght training program?

based

a 3 day program with 2 days spent watching anime

The Rompletots Approved Answer is that you rest however long you need.

If you want to limit your rest to two minutes, that's fine, particularly at the start of the program when you should be going fairly light. Continuing to rest only two minutes will cause you to fail reps sooner than you would if you rested, say, five minutes. Which isn't a HUGE deal since it's a fucking LP, it's not there to make you set records, or be ran for years on end. It's there to get you up to speed with moving barbells effectively.

If you're New As Fuck, I'd recommend one "reset" before stalling again and declaring yourself done with the LP. But if you were previously competent, like you apparently are, you can probably run it, with two minute rest periods if you like, until you're just about to start failing some reps and then get back on a more "advanced," periodized program.

If you lose 30lbs after powerbulking will you be left with loose skin? Getting worried as I bulked to 95kg and am now 83kg (coach recommended lower weight class), and while I don't have stretch marks and obvious visible wrinkles, I definitely feel a little flabbier than I did last time I was this weight. Will it tighten back up? I'm 23.

no

Do you believe in rack pulls? When do you do them?

Attached: 1498395593174.jpg (875x1024, 128K)

No I won't get loose skin or no it won't tighten up?

Useless in almost all situations where regular deadlift would suffice.

This is for you

things i have learned over the last year to live by in powerlifting:

- always leave 1-2 reps in the tank apart from testing
- i am rarely doing too much volume and should add more, that is trying harder not grinding reps
- if an injury starts manifesting don't be a fucking retard and ignore it
- sleep is really important
- eating in a surplus is really important
- getting my ideal weight and total is going to require years upon years of dedication and that's okay
- make sure form is the same every time, remove the variable

following these guidelines, will i make it? have i missed anything important?

OP is south of vag

FAGJAM wouldn't know a vag if it was sitting on his face.

Why is 531 shit?

>do 6pl8 (under DL max) calf raises with the bar in high-bar position
>perfectly stable, feel grounded but no excessive weight on my body
>try low-bar position
>OHSHITNIGGERWHATAREYOUDOING

Attached: 1506838546913.jpg (397x554, 41K)

Because it is popular and effective (but not optimal). And you have to buy or pirate the book to set the program up properly.

So wannabe elitists with sub 400 wilks trash it.

Because unless your goal is general strength training there are much better programs out there

>Have to buy or pirate it
Implying that's even an issue, people post Dropbox links here all the time for all sorts of programs, 5/3/1 is no exception, it's very easy to find

Recipe to success:
EAT MORE
SLEEP MORE
LIFT MORE
TRY MORE
WATCH MORE ANIME

Attached: Laura_Rolla.jpg (1968x2700, 709K)

is that a boi

Fuck off Feigenbaum

Is this kid natty

Attached: IMG_0677.png (750x1334, 2.07M)

Is trappy still around?

>there are much better programs
Lol

>ninja turtle gut
Prolly not

>That mass
>Kid
>Meme weighted dips

That faggot is on more cycles then Lance Armstrong.
That joke works TWO ways!

Tbh as shitty as TM was for me, it wasn't nearly as bad as 5/3/1. To date, 5/3/1 BBB has been the worst program I have ever done.

>hey i'm worried y, a consequence of x, could happen to me
>i did x but y didn't happen
are you retarded

>5/3/1 BBB has been the worst program I have ever done

Same desu. C6W >>> 5/3/1 not even close

>To date, 5/3/1 BBB has been the worst program I have ever done.
That's because you're retarded. Boring but big is a hypertrophy supplementary protocol. You do it if you're lacking in muscle mass desperately.

Would you run the first week of sheiko over and over again and then bitch about it's ineffectiveness?

I was lacking in muscle mass desperately though...

>Sheiko
First week of sheiko is almost certainly more effective

So when you switched programs did you all of a sudden see improvements? Building upon the hypertrophy?

>All of a sudden
Nope

Fuck. I better take the anecdotal advice of someone who can't squat 400 lbs and puts penis in his mouth.

My advice is no more anecdotal than yours. It's not like people are designing studies around running specific programs.

Seconding 5/3/1 BBB being absolutely fucking shit.

well he competes in usapl so he is natty

Natty enough to pass the tests, assuming he's been tested*****

lol
noooo

this isnt really the case is it? Is it really that easy to pass tests in usapl? I thought they did random drug screening?

There's plenty of dudes who get popped, but they don't even test all of the winners for every weight class.

You can compete in the USAPL as long as you haven't used PEDs for 3 years, assuming he isn't using now.

There is no fucking way you deadlift over 6 plates. 6 plates means 6 45lbs plates on each side of the bar

Am powerlifting noob, but have no desire to compete. Only to get strong as fuark.

Followed 5/3/1 BBB since December and have made decent gains.

Sitting at 440/320/370 rn
Before I started the program, I was at 325/270/305

Any suggestions on what program I can move to since everyone is calling BBB shit?

idk i mean hes only 20 yo so i doubt hes got a long history of drug use under him but hes also a national champion which at 20 yo just doesn't compute in my brain especially without the aid of drugs. I know there are genetically """""""gifted"""""" individuals but .....

If you're making progress and you like it, by all means stick with it

Earlier up you mentioned
>better programs out there

For the sake of research, could you maybe give your $0.02 on said programs? I'm interested!

run c6w. Dont question is dont listen to anyone else opinions here just do it

how do you all feel that despite spending hours slaving away in the gym (and doing even unnecessarily high amounts of challenging lifts like squatting) that you do not have a single ounce of muscle to show for it?
someone post a physique so i can laugh

BBB took me from 410/300/500 to 515/335/565 in 3 months, with a good peaking cycle at the end.

Why are you so dogmatically against it if it works?

BBB took me from 385/240/465 to 385/240/465 in 4 months. Is Jim paying you to post here?

Squats are looking so good now :)
youtu.be/P-CwCLK7yKQ

If you're interested in purely PL and not general strength, then C6W (with something else for bench), CLutz intermediate, sheiko (preferably for meet prep only/not year round), 28 free, Hepburn (don't let yourself grind so hard that you break form/wreck your shit, also don't do the pump work), UL 4 day TM if it's set up properly, any program with a focus on lots of submax work will do

Pic related is Virtus

For some people it does work, for some it doesn't. I personally think there are other programs that are better for PL and had a very bad experience with it

>410 to 515 in 3 months for squat
Are you squatting high as fuck?

Attached: received_1148274371897732.jpg (1152x2048, 152K)

see my original post It definitely works, and I just follow the bullshit 3-month challenge that he had posted on some website.

But as stated earlier, I'm definitely open to try better programs since Jow Forums seems to have it out for Wendler

oh yeah i looked up this "BBB" program

what a faggot program. If you are not going 100% every fucking time u r in the gy u r a faggot

lol

>there are other programs that are better for PL
If you're squatting less than 4 plates, and deadlifting less than 5, are you really "powerlifting"

If one competes and will continue to compete, then yes

Getting your own coach or understanding and making your own programming is how you get the best results.

>that program is dogshit
What's a good program then?
>uuuuuuhhhhhh, make it up or pay some guy

All cookie cutter programs are dogshit, just to varying degrees.

those are some good lifts man, good luck!

Attached: 1527095143200.jpg (630x630, 47K)

>WAWTT
squat 5x5
cgbp 5x5
floor press 5x3
row 5x10
ohp 4x8
w chins 4x8
lte 4x20
face pulls 2x50

God I wish this was me

Attached: 1530576590511.jpg (677x631, 94K)

Attached: 1530544220538.gif (416x307, 2.58M)

What film?

youtu.be/NFQPBzl8aLk

>deload last week
>missed snatch 4x today and couldnt squat 90%

WAKE ME UP

Probably was on gear when he was a former bodybuilder during teenage years, but the dude competes in raw, drug-tested federations. Take that for what you will

you can move to not quarter squatting

fourth for 5/3/1 + BBB being absolute fucking garbage, I ran it back when it was the only template out there along with Triumvirate and I'm Not Doing Jack Shit and it was by far the most popular one

it was ungodly fucking difficult for squats, but the weights were too light to make anything useful actually happen

do literally anything else but 5/3/1 BBB it's junk volume the program, do triumvirate or simplest strength or something along with FSL and joker sets if you insist on doing 5/3/1 (but you shouldn't, there are better programs out there)

because it doesn't work, and because in the months you've been here shilling Wendler programs you have never verified any of your lifts

What's ur guys opinion on this machine

Attached: IMG_0679.jpg (500x500, 92K)

FIGJAM you're starting to grow on me, you're not bad for someone with short femurs

what's the absolute best program then?

there is none. there are good programs like the bridge and the like. RTS is probably has the best methods on getting you strong.

Attached: haackhighbar.webm (875x600, 2.77M)

There isn't a best program. But nobody will recommend a program because they don't want to defend its flaws.

where can i find the bridge without giving away my hard earned money? or any other good program

Could you please recommend one or two, I swear I won't ask you anything else, I just hate that I've been stuck for three months

is BBB okay for hypertrophy? im not surprised plg doesn't like it since it's not really a powerlifting program but how were size gains for people?

its free you just have to sign up with your email.
barbellmedicine.com/the-bridge/

oh im so dumb thank you

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king.

Attached: 1524117246666.png (492x475, 24K)

Today was a good day. 2 PRs.
155 x2 OHP
225 x2 row

Attached: dreaming of pie.png (342x342, 142K)

How does it feel knowing I can OHP what you squat?
Over the course of 6 reps
chuuuump

pretty poor, had better results just fucking around doing Lyle's gbr

the 5x10 BBB has you using 50% (then 60, then 70 if you are doing the challenge version) of ~90% of your actual max, which ends up being too light most of the time to do much of anything but still fatigues you enough to limit how much actually helpful accessory work you can do

it's just a bad template man don't do it, i can't speak to the higher percentage and lower rep BBBs that have been published since but the original version is just unmitigated dogshit

for hypertrophy shit you generally just want moderate reps with decently high relative intensity/close proximity to failure with each set done somewhere north of 60% of your actual max, you also want more movement variation since the novelty of a movement by itself stimulates some growth (this doesn't mean you have to invent shit you can just cycle through a few movements you like and know are effective)

Test e + whatever for 5 days

What about doing a PHUL type routine but instead of having power days and hypertrophy days having upper day (bench power + press hyper) and lower day (squat power + DL volume) (and vice versa)

...fuck i just described every U/L split ever didnt i

you might want to look into Eric Helm's intermediate bodymemeing routine

iirc it's like heavy upper, heavy lower (sq and dl goes here), and then chest/tris back/bis legs so it's 5 days total

you seem to have forgotten pulls

Earlier I said I'd test my strict press today but I got talked into doing other stuff sorry lads :/

pulls programmed as assistance, not main lifts, no?

thanks for the rec, sounds kind of like PHAT?

I prefer to look at it as having a main pull and assist pulls that day but, yeah they come after the push movements.

Answr my fucking question U mother fuckers

it's alright, i much prefer other row variations though. i usually use it if my back is not up for doing any other row.

i'd like to do Lyle's GBR but either I'm a brainlet or there's no deadlifts? Is there a deadlift variant?

Would you rather be a shredded 190 lb with abs benching 405 and deadlifting 800
Or
chunky 245 lb benching 445 and deadlifting 825?

Same squat

Attached: E8EB53F1-6BD8-4EEE-BAA4-395EFF911910.jpg (750x1334, 107K)