Heard Dr. Jordan Peterson talking about his personal experience with a strict Carnivorous diet on Joe Rogan's podcast

Heard Dr. Jordan Peterson talking about his personal experience with a strict Carnivorous diet on Joe Rogan's podcast,
What are your thoughts on it Jow Forums?
Are eggs allowed?

Attached: 1523552279795.jpg (1195x1079, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/09/13/well/eat/how-the-sugar-industry-shifted-blame-to-fat.html
bjsm.bmj.com/content/51/15/1111?hootPostID=62624d1f4f8265c864852635af25a262
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172426
youtube.com/watch?v=A6g_geYeL4U
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK5ov1gkjrc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He has an autoimmune disease, you don't. This diet is not meant for you

Any restrictive diet that stops you from eating porridge is Scotophobic and shit-tier.

Made a post related to it earlier, will pasta here:
Top tier food:
> grass fed beef, eggs, cream, butter, other traditional meat (duck, buffalo, etc)
Healthy but not as much tier:
> raw milk, free roaming chickens, pork, garlic and spices
Not necessary at all, but generally won't do much harm either tier:
> rice, dark chocolate, carrots, solanaceae (tomatoes, eggplants, potatoes etc), citrus (lemon, lime, tangerine etc)
Not necessary at all, and might be diabetogenic or goitogenic; might get you bowel irritation (bloated, constipation, diarrhea); linked to diseases as gout etc tier:
> leafy greens, cabbage, bread, fruit juice, onions, wheat and grains that contain prolamines, flour in general
Not even food tier:
> sugar, soda, processed meals, processed sweets

inb4 paleofag
> nytimes.com/2016/09/13/well/eat/how-the-sugar-industry-shifted-blame-to-fat.html

Yes. Plants are great source of medicines. Very poor as food, nutrition-wise, though. In order to glucose be used as a energy source, it's in fact converted to fatty acids by krebs cycle. However, in that process, it will produce as much as 4x more oxidants (methylglyoxal) than the metabolism of fats would, while providing less than half of fat caloric output per gram (4cal in comparison to 9cal of fats). Btw, not only it lacks the bio available micro nutrients, but the metabolism of glucose impairs the pathways for nutrients it lacks (from from vitamin C absorption to vitamin D production to Mg and Zinc maintenance).

Attached: Aj Casson 1966.16.119_WEB.jpg (1200x898, 807K)

>You need to eat cholesterol, or your body won't have enough
>Dietary cholesterol doesn't affect serum cholesterol
You probably know already that atherosclerosis is linked to inflammation, not cholesterol serum lv. That's why you ask for hs-crp for patients at risk, in framingham score, not cholesterol lv.

However, it's currently held up that high fats + high carbs diets are the worst diet scenario, especially if you're talking about vegetable oils and refined carbs (that's, processed food). So, if you have reasons to believe that your patient is abusing carbs, which fatties always do, and have triglycerides exams supporting that hypothesis, ofc it's reasonable to track his cholesterol lv since he's already at continuously high inflammatory state (due to excessive carbs). That's why cholesterol and fats can be linked to atherosclerosis, and the article I've linked on the previous post explain how did the sugar industry but its way into the academic field, in order to highlight fats and to obscure carbs role.

> Yes yes saturated fat is great for your health
Yes, it is:
Here's what the British Medical Journal says:
> Saturated fat does not clog the arteries: coronary heart disease is a chronic inflammatory condition, the risk of which can be effectively reduced from healthy lifestyle interventions
> LDL cholesterol risk has been exaggerated
> Reanalysis of unpublished data from the Sydney Diet Heart Study and the Minnesota coronary experiment reveal replacing saturated fat with linoleic acid containing vegetable oils increased mortality risk despite significant reductions in LDL and total cholesterol (TC).
> It is time to shift the public health message in the prevention and treatment of coronary artery disease away from measuring serum lipids and reducing dietary saturated fat.
> bjsm.bmj.com/content/51/15/1111?hootPostID=62624d1f4f8265c864852635af25a262

Attached: Aj Casson 1985.15_WEB.jpg (1200x1002, 1.72M)

how do you know I don't have an autoimmune disease?
YOU DON'T KNOW MY PLIGHT
YOU DON'T WRITE MY NOVEL

The British Medical journal does not say that, it is merely publishing the meta-analysis that claims it.

>A high TC to high-density lipoprotein (HDL) ratio is the best predictor of cardiovascular risk (hence this calculation, not LDL, is used in recognised cardiovascular risk calculators such as that from Framingham).
You're being disingenuous by ignoring the next thing they say which is that high LDL does lead to heart disease unless mitigated by similarly high HDL. It's a roundabout way of saying you can't get heart disease without high LDL
>Low LDL, Low HDL = No heart disease
>Low LDL, High HDL = No heart disease
>High LDL, High HDL = No heart disease
>High LDL, Low HDL = Heart disease
However, this finding is disputable because most other publications have found that LDL is one of the primary factors in the development of heart disease even in the presence of high HDL.

>You probably know already that atherosclerosis is linked to inflammation, not cholesterol serum lv. That's why you ask for hs-crp
>high LDL, develop atherosclerotic plaques, inflammation is created due to body trying to clear blockage, cRP used as indirect biomarker to determine risk of cardiac event/hear disease
Hmm..... Really made me thunk

Your liver produces all you need

Not true and the only way to find this is with ill-designed epidemiological studies on already sick subjects.

>inb4 paleofag
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172426
James O'Keefe and Loren Cordaine recognise LDL of 50-75mg/dl is optimal, with lower being better. Good luck getting that low while stuffing your face with cholesterol :^)

I will read and reply it properly late.
For now, however:
This ">" here I was actually replying to, not affirming it. I actually disagree with it. Sorry for not being clear. You can look up original posts here: > High LDL, Low HDL = Heart disease
> However, this finding is disputable because most other publications have found that LDL is one of the primary factors in the development of heart disease even in the presence of high HDL.
AFAIK, and what I recall by now, this is a disputed area, mainly due to LDL exams actually referring to calculated LDL based on Friedewald equation. One of main proponents is the article that originated the "Iranian equation". As I see, since calculated LDL is not usually properly corrected (Friedewald equation only suits 100 < TG < 400, and likely not even accurate in that interval), epidemiological studies aren't very useful (yet?) regarding this criteria.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172426
>James O'Keefe and Loren Cordaine recognise LDL of 50-75mg/dl is optimal, with lower being better. Good luck getting that low while stuffing your face with cholesterol :^)
I'll read it tomorrow.

Attached: Valloton Mimosa_with_Flowers_at_Cagnes.jpg (1967x2402, 1.41M)

>how do you know I don't have an autoimmune disease?
You don't. Auto-immune diseases are very cryptic, and what are the boundaries?. The only one with a known trigger is celiac disease. Even T1DM is currently subject to dispute.

>>high LDL, develop atherosclerotic plaques, inflammation is created due to body trying to clear blockage, cRP used as indirect biomarker to determine risk of cardiac event/hear disease
>Hmm..... Really made me thunk
Heh... Ofc high LDL is linked to atheroscleroctic plaques. The point I've made though: high LDL will not develop atherosclerotic plaques unless there are current lesions (for it to adhere and cover and develop the plaque). The primary lesions to which LDL adheres are consequence of high carbs dieting.
Uffe Ravnskov, MD, PhD, has gone deep on that matter of LDL and pathophysiology of atherosclerosis, suit yourself:
> ww ravnskov nu/cholesterol/

Attached: Vallotton.jpg (1290x1687, 1.23M)

IT'S NOT LUPUS

damn is there anything Dr. Jordan Peterson doesn't know about?

he only did it because he has a rare condition, this shit is not for everyone

>>Dietary cholesterol doesn't affect serum cholesterol
>Not true and the only way to find this is with ill-designed epidemiological studies on already sick subjects.

Dietary cholesterol not affecting serum cholesterol is well studied.

>do some insane, crazy shit
>tell people it's because you have a rare condition to validate it
>idiots believe you

never, ever seen this one in history.

the fuck are you on about?

youtube.com/watch?v=A6g_geYeL4U

He doesn't have any disorder, idiot. I was calling you an idiot in that last post, I don't think you got it.

>He doesn't have any disorder
oh are you his doctor?

No, I'm an intelligent person who can distinguish self-supporting fallacies from reality. I'd ask you to try it but the mechanism isn't there

Testing to see if I can reply to this, I tried earlier and kept getting connection errors

>I'm an intelligent person
>making baseless claims with no evidence
ayylmao you're embarrassing yourself

oh no, i'm "embarrassing myself" in front of the stupid children on the anonymous imageboard who eat everything they're fed by fucking nutcases like jordan peterson.

Attached: ss25010_lrg.jpg (864x864, 28K)

Joe Rogan is a meme
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK5ov1gkjrc

I can't fucking post without getting these connection errors. Look up the responses to the metaanalysis during review. The study was deemed to be lacking any real significance.