/fat/ - "why do my farts smell like weed & cheetos" edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/ people who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

old thread:

Attached: 1520440553262.jpg (428x500, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

realself.com/Tummy-tuck/reviews
youtube.com/watch?v=t5EZiXQWWpQ
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5381724/
imgur.com/a/5nbmA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

C O N F E S S

Attached: confess.png (238x213, 48K)

>be me, 22 make
>always overweight since elementary school
>still somewhat athletic, played football/lax through high school. 180-230 from freshman to senior year.
>be at end of senior year of college and weigh 250, lifting on/off for last year, bp:265 squat: 335 deadlift:425 so reasonably strong
> can’t seem to stop eating shit food and can’t get into cardio
>how do I stop the urge to eat fast food/chips/other goodies?

Well /fat/ i've become a madman. Can't tell if it's depression (which usually makes me want to eat everything to fill that empty void inside) or if willpower has finally won over being a fat ass.

>This is too few calories I know, I just wasn't hungry today.

Attached: caloriesmadman.png (657x779, 49K)

Does anyone know of a site with information about excess skin removal surgery?
I need it and I just have no idea about information or where would be best to go. I'm so lost.

Attached: 26362522_1513853972.3504.png (800x533, 514K)

After a 1.5month stall I’ve finally started losing weight! I knew I’d just have to trust the process and even the I weigh essentially the same as I did 45 days ago I look a lot better.

jesus you eat straight garbage.

the vitamins are doing absolutely nothing for you, by the way.

call your doctor
>I don't have one
call a doctor
>I don't have health insurance
You're gonna need some either way so get some

How does it look?

Attached: Screenshot_20180702-220112.png (720x1280, 173K)

Hey hey i'm sure it is straight garbage but it's better than 4k calories of straight garbage.
>Can you prove your claim about the vitamins?
>What did you eat today, /fat/ass?

>if it doesn't come ready to eat out of the box, I won't eat it
jesus my dude, just buy some chicken breast and lettuce

>Does it really matter if it's prepared or not beforehand?
Your line of thinking makes no sense to me.

Just compare the nutrition labels of the bland, unbranded bulk chicken breast and whatever Tyson or Foster Farms shit. You'll see plenty more ingredients that aren't helping you, especially in the broth (or maybe even the chicken itself as they don't care as much about separating the fatty meat from the lean breastmeat.) Similarly, all that pulled pork is is additional calories and mystery preservatives.

I'm not saying you can't have pork, but I'm almost 100% positive that any meat you get fresh from the deli or frozen in bulk bags will be leaner and simpler than the pre-prepared meat you're eating in that pic. Same with shit like premade protein drinks. When you have the raw ingredients, you have more direct control over exactly what you intake and exactly how you want it to taste and anything else. If your goal is to minimize calorie intake while maximizing food intake, i.e. having your cake and eating it too, making your own meals is the only way to go. You eat like a 4yo who just throws tasty looking things into his parents' cart when they aren't looking.

Again, I'm not trying to bully, but if you want advice, there it is.

I'm 6.0 ft tall and weight 210 lbs. I lost about 33 pounds in two months and my goal is to be 180 by the end of the year. What boggles my mind is how, according to various weight loss calculators, I can be 170lbs by the end of the year by eating 1800 calories despite being sedentary. Most days I eat below 1500 calories, but this projection seems uncannily easy and manageable. I'll still be eating below 1500 regardless though.

Attached: IMG_20180703_011157.jpg (800x796, 96K)

The protein drinks taste much better than my whey protein and give me more protein than most isolate blends scoop/calories.

I'm not saying the long term health and effects of extra ingredients in mass produced food are better than just cooking from raw but all that matters for thermodynamics and losing weight is to eat less calories.
Sometimes it's just easier to eat these premade "4 year old" meals since I got them all on sale it's been fairly cheap as well.

>I also don't eat this way every single day but i'm sure I could.

Attached: boomerme.png (547x395, 197K)

My parents decided to BBQ before the 4th of July and I had alot of chicken and potato chips. I haven't had the motivation to exercise or diet

>all that matters for thermodynamics and losing weight is to eat less calories.
which you can do more easily when you have direct control over what goes into the food

I'll give you the cheapness though.

For fucks sake. You could have just eaten the chicken, with nothing else, and you would have been fine. Shit like chips do absolutely nothing for you.

Attached: 1529901078789.png (325x371, 229K)

>I ate even less than my 1500 calorie goal today.
>Oh no I wasted calories on filler ingredients.
I get it if I was still starving and already maxed out at 1500 but it feels like you're talking to people who struggle to stay at their goal and feel full.

That was me until I started eating less than 150 grams of carbs each day.

Whatever works, I guess. I misunderstood, thinking you were posting seeking critique.

>keep eating

I’m at a normal weigh but trying to cut down to being a lean bf, and this shit is brutal lads.
The motivation I find though is how the girls I see on the street are so clearly either lean, or not; I’m sure it goes both ways, and I would never want to date someone who wasn’t tight. Idk; perhaps it’s mostly a discipline thing, which is why it really just upsets me that I’m not better at this, because I have no discipline at the moment.

>how do I stop the urge to eat fast food/chips/other goodies?

start moderate, cut out that coke for lunch then quit the cookie after dinner and so on until your diet is working. It may take some time but its a sane way

How to be full for dummies
W A T E R
F I B E R
chew ya damn food
tiny bites
more frequent but smaller meals
minimize the sugar and sodium

Nothing to confess today father. Weight is down from about 350 to about 280 and I benched 1pl8 today.

Small gains will become big ones. WE ARE ALL GOING TO MAKE IT!

Attached: 189ilVldEaTiDQUtClTUOXNolXs_TJtc0qhoqBlNPbE - Copy.jpg (1165x1249, 320K)

>felt a binge coming on
>stood in front of pantry for 10+ minutes
>sighed and went upstairs and got into bed instead

Im a little happy I didnt binge but im just so tired brehs. I still have 65lbs to go

Attached: r3vrv.png (300x251, 58K)

It's okay I have that feeling right now and I have 100 pounds left to lose..

Feels good knowing that there are people going through the exact same thing as me.

When I feel a binge coming on I either put on a scary movie or play a horror game. I find the adrenaline of spooky stuff coming on wipes out my desire to eat.

Attached: zyzzbruh.gif (275x428, 944K)

Can you stretch that skin and glide through the air?

Progress has become unreliable. Often I'm the same weight for ages, I hate this shit. The first 3 months it was a little bit every day at a time, with some minor fluctuations here and there, and it stayed off. Now I sometimes finally lose half a pound and then the next days it comes back and stays on for a while.

I'm still following my 1500kcal diet very precisely, often below 1500kcal at the end of the day. Yesterday I had to cheat 200 extra calories on myfitnesspal because else it wouldn't let me see my 5 week progress. I also still exercise daily, HIIT elliptical.

I just went for a 1 hour walk, am i going to make it lads?

Attached: 1529961169085.jpg (736x815, 38K)

yes.

ALMOST THERE HOLY SHIT

Attached: almost1kg.png (382x101, 5K)

I take a 1 hour walk every day and I burn about 650 calories doing it. Make it a part of your daily routine and you'll start shedding fat like it's nothing.

t.lost 19 pounds

i dont think you are burning anywhere near 650 calories walking for one hour

I'm at 26% body fat.

Went from 156 -> 146 from IF in like 12 days. Still have 15 pounds to go (((and maintain))).

I walk 2 miles and swim/snorkel at the beach daily since starting.

What % bf should I get to before I start doing more than cardio. What else can I do for good results. I think I'm gonna make it.

t. overweight manlet

Attached: IMG_4661.png (640x1136, 1.76M)

main things that saved my ass:
CUT CARBS
worthless calories - they do nothing for your satiety
INTERMITTENT FASTING
magnitudes easier to restrict when you can eat than how much

Maybe the fitness app I have on my phone that counts my steps and the websites that I use to plug the exercise

Anyone have a link to Jow Forums food recipes? It'd be great if there were bunch in one places, like imgur or something.

Attached: 13867555.png (600x525, 94K)

How did u drop the weight?

I started doing keto 2 days ago and I've been feeling extremely low energy for the last day and today. What am I doing wrong?

your mistake was doing a meme diet

I have been feeling depressed about how slow I am losing weight and I am skipping meals. I know I am not supposed to but I am doing it anyway.

1000+ deficit is fucking hard man. It will take longer but 500-750 is much better for you.

You'll find a lot of reviews, information, etc on here. I've dropped down 110lbs myself and am having tummytuck with lipo and gyno procedure in August.

realself.com/Tummy-tuck/reviews

Also, if you live in Europe. You'll find Poland is one of the best places for quality and price overall to go to from what I've researched. Lithuania is a bit cheaper and does have some good things said, but...nah.

I want cookies. I'm trying to get to 15% body fat and below 200 lbs. I'm at 23% 220 now. I've been hitting the gym and running.

Right now all I want is some (more) homemade cookies from a nearby shop. It's literally keeping me from sleeping right now. I can't stop eating sugar.

You can do it mate. Use this if you have anything that matches in your fridge. But don't go to the store when you're really craving something, in my experience it doesn't turn out well.

Attached: 1530154403534.jpg (599x464, 66K)

>Shit like chips do absolutely nothing for you.
Wrong. They taste good and make me feel good. Not every calorie has to be packed with nutrition.

I'll try to go to an actual doctor soon. I've been putting it off because I'm terrified of doctors.
I don't actually need the surgery now, but thought I should at least be looking into it as I get closer to my goal.

Probably not, but I've heard babies love it if you use it to make entertaining flapping noises.

Sorry, I just grabbed a photo of another person.
This is me and while I haven't lost as much as him, I was pretty flipping fat for a woman. I know I look like a hobo who's seen something unholy, so don't roast me too hard.
Keto, walking, lifting weights and bodyweight exercises are what has helped me so far.

Thank you for the help, bronon. I'll look into that site and also see about pricing in Poland. I have enough money to go if it is cheaper than here.

Attached: Face prog.png (868x484, 976K)

>I haven't had the motivation to exercise or diet

>he still thinks he needs motivation to do these things

Fuck off you manchild. Come back when you're ready to change.

Man fuck you, I'm gonna eat something good now.

Not a problem and well done, very noticable improvement. If you're still on Jow Forums after August I'll be posting a surgery post for any anons interested in the procedure/aftermath. I'll be the bald cunt with a beard.

Thank you!
I'd definitely be interested in seeing and hearing about your experience with the surgery and your recovery. I'd like to learn as much as I can.
Out of curiosity, how long ago did you schedule an appointment? Are you in Poland or going there for your surgery?

haven't been to the gym in months, but I'm still losing weight. I'm gonna end up skinnyfat and dyel as hell

>Not every calorie has to be packed with nutrition.
If you are cutting, then they do if you want to have a proper amount of micros.

>more frequent but smaller meals
>that 30 year old boomer that wants to keep his insulin high throughout the day and build resistance
Other than that, it's true.

youtube.com/watch?v=t5EZiXQWWpQ
Joe says too much salt is a meme.

I don't know what to believe. Do I put salt on my food everyday or do I put no salt on my food everyday. Please give me a binary answer.

Do more cardio right now.

is there any point in going to the gym if you go to mcdonalds right after?

also an update on my knee situation i did 275 for 1 last week and it didn't hurt and i did 295 for 1 today and nothing hurts yet so it looks like i can only do deadlifts but not squats
that is very strange but i haven't tried squatting yet either so i don't know if i can now
probably not i would say

Attached: 1510162775017.jpg (1200x1200, 173K)

Scheduled it about a month or so ago when I realised that the problem wasn't going to go away without surgery. I live in the UK myself, gonna fly out there with my old man and there for 11 days, 3 days of which are in the clinic straight after the op, the rest of the week in an apartment going in daily apparently for checkups etc. Sounds like recovery can be rough, gotta take 6 weeks off work but from what I've read something like 97% of people who had the surgery highly recommend it and most wish they'd done it sooner.

People at the clinic have been absolutely fantastic, great communication, quick with a quote and the surgeon I've got has been practicising since the 90s and is highly regarded. And yeah, will definitely update when it's all done and dusted.

The point of anaerobic exercise while eating at a deficit is that it facilitates muscle preservation (that is, the rebuilding of damaged tissue) and prioritization of using fat stores for energy. If you don't do it, your body is going to be consuming muscle in greater quantities for energy, rather than the fat that you want to lose, so you are only sabotaging your goals by not exercising. What you eat doesn't have any bearing on this, with the obvious asterisk that should really just be taken for granted on this board and this general especially that you are under your calorie limit while still consuming adequate protein.

Where do you find your recipes, /fat/? So far I've just been throwing broth + chicken breast + some groats + stuff i find in the fridge into a big pan. The results are mostly delicious but it's becoming dull.

completely fucked it by eating 1500 calories of peanuts, probably set me back 2 days

take more protein bitch

Joe is a layman interpreting another layman's opinion which basically amounts to "the fear of salt was founded on a bad study, therefore salt is fine", take it with a grain of salt.
High salt intake is probably bad.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5381724/

I started doing a roulette of sorts where I pick a random carb source like rice or pasta or buckwheat(am slav) then pick a random proton source like chicken, pork or beef and then vegetables until I get a combination of things that I think would work. Then I also try to slap a homemade sauce on it. Recently made a low cal sweet sauce that was only 55kcal and my entire meal was 700kcal in total

Sounds like exactly what i'm doing minus the sauce.

Attached: lunch.png (721x315, 20K)

what site/app lad

>Been eating like shit for two weeks, sandwiches, cheesecake, candy and cookies.

>Still havent gained a single kilo. Hhahahahahahhah im fucking invincible

imgur.com/a/5nbmA

Haven't personally tried any of these, but hopefully they'll at least inspire you.

Oh shit, right when I checked the thread too. Thanks user this is exactly what I was looking for.

Attached: 138675204.jpg (771x681, 81K)

Thanks for that site user. I live in the Netherlands and of course jewish insurance won't cover these things so I'll look into the Poland thing.

man of soil market trade bidi

FUCKING IDIOT GET OUT OF HERE

Need to lose 10 kg in 3 months since that’s my goal.
Any gym routine I should follow? Thinking of doing cardio 3 times a week and work out 5 times a week but not really sure about the kind of exercises I should do to lose weight and fat. Help?

what's your TDEE
eat less and do 45 to 60 minutes of cardio 5 days a week

Tfw you can start to see definition in your cheek bones and jawbone

Tfw your moobs are shrinking significantly

Tfw your fat doesn't hang over the side of your shorts

I've still got 40 more pounds to go but I'm happy with my progress

So messing up sleep rythm also completely destroyed my weight loss.

fucking fuck
FUCK

>get to the point of enjoying cardio
>It's a high point of your day

I’m 24. 5ft 10 and 93 kg
TDEE comes around 3000 so I’m gonna try and hit somewhere between 1500-2000 and do intermittent fasting. Started work where there’s a cafeteria that sells salad so I’m thinking of having a good amount of salad during the day and then workout and have a protein shake and high protein meal at night.
Today’s going to be my first day. Haven’t worked out in 2 years so going to try doing HIIT for 30 minutes 5 times a day?

I've lost 20 pounds now and my work clothing is more loosely fitting.
I'm looking forward to many of the other great improvements.

Man, being fat just SUCKS. It's just so inconvenient. How the fuck did I just put up with this for so long? Was it really just complacency?

>do intermittent fasting
just eat normally at 1500, cut carbs
if you're really desperate do an EC stack

>HIIT for 30 minutes 5 times a day?
5 times a week not a day

>tfw 67lbs down in 1.5 months

feels good man.

nice use of greentext newfriend

What’s an EC stack
Wanna do IF because it’s easier for me to not cook as I’m working 8-6.

Just looked EC up. Think I’m going to stay away from that.

I said I was joining gym Monday.
I have even bought the clothes.
I will do it tomorrow, please give me a routine I can do 5 or 7 days a week.

How is 16:8 IF a meme? It's literally the same as skipping a meal

Attached: 088ba389a5b234ea2685c255dc752c29-1.jpg (1400x1000, 194K)

>I will do it tomorrow
do it after work today

I was a fat kid, managed to lose weight and stay Jow Forums throughout hs.
Got severely injured at the start of Uni, now Im a fat fuck again, went 20kgs up in the last year while recovering.

What the fuck happened I cant make myself go to the gym, pool, run for weeks now, even though I know I have to.

Already after work, also that should be >haven't bought the clothes.

I need a routine or otherwise I'll never go.

Also going to do 1h of bike (static) today since I have that at home but nothing to do arms and my arms are too much of a noodle to even do push ups.

Sticky.

sticky or a quick google fren
you can do it

I ask myself that everyday too. I'm not morbidly obese or anything but I'm definitely not fit either. I hate myself for letting myself go,but it's okay I'm fixing it now and it won't happen ever again. And this is coming from a guy who's been overweight his entire life. I want to see what my body looks like lean with abs and vascularity because I have no idea. Been lifting religiously for 3 years too

A-alright.
Sticky includes adding swimming or is swimming not considered work out?

swimming is absolutely a workout, it's actually good if you're a fatty since it's easier on the joints than something like couch to 5k
depending on your weight, a juggling of swimming, elliptical, rowing, and cycling is top tier

Swimming on your non-lift days is super effective cardio. Go for user.

I'm not fat (73kg-180cm manlet) just super out of shape and stuff. I like swimming since I got a scuba license I want to use but I'm extremely self conscious about my bitchtits so I never went.

Overate yesterday got too tired to go to the gym and left. Will make up for it later father

Nice larp

Attached: Screenshot_20180703-100501.png (720x1280, 465K)

>I work 8-6
So a normal work schedule? You know that’s not an excuse right