If cardio kills gains, how do dudes in the army stay big when they have to run all the time?

If cardio kills gains, how do dudes in the army stay big when they have to run all the time?

Attached: A79CE59C-4680-454E-879F-D487D4BEB527.jpg (480x360, 41K)

They don't

>science shows cardio can kill gains
Why does anecdote disprove science?

Attached: nietzsche1.png (719x472, 213K)

My brothers in the army and he’s fucking ripped and according to him the army makes him run 3 miles at a pt-test pace three times a week

Cardio doesnt kill gains if you eat enough and balance the workload.

Roids literally everywhere.

Not all of us run all the time. My unit only makes the fatasses and pt fails do PT as a group. Medical life.

Always enough food. Either DFAC or BAS.

They don’t run all the time and half the infantry is on gear.

That's barely running at all. Shit man that should be a mandatory requirement for being fit

What the fuck counts as “Cardio” then if that doesn’t?

These guys are pogs and on steroids

government funded roids

Steroid use (without a physican’s prescription, which the army almost never gives) is a violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, as listed under Article 112a.

If you suspect someone in your unit is using steroids, you must report them or you can be charged under article 90 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, for failure to obey the Chief of Staff’s order to report all crimes you witness.

unless you're a marathon runner cardio doesn't kill shit

a mile burns approximately 150 calories, you'd have to run 3 a day just to start putting a dent in your calorie balance. Even then, you will have increased blood flow/better recovery, stronger erections, be able to hold your breath longer (valsalva), be better conditioned, and generally feel much better

And? They are still on roids user wake up, the military dosent care unless you do some other dumb shit then they will bury you withe the roid shit too. But clearly there command has no problem with the elephant it the room

>nobody is breaking rules

Because they roid?

They just eat more you dumb fuck

I'm thinking about joining the Marines. I've been doing push ups and sit ups for a while now. Gonna try to go to the gym soon. What should I focus on that will help me prep? Serious question. No meme replies please.

Are you perhaps German?

Shut up fag. Running is gay

Need cardio? Do HITT for a 30-60 mins

Done

Pullups pullups pullups. Your ability to do pullups will get you through bootcamp. Look up usmc pft standards

Literally all on roids

Go be a boyscout somewhere else

Because it's more important to have endurance skills in the army than to be strong. You don't need to bench 2pl8 to be in the army, you just need to be able to run 10 miles with 80 lbs of gear

I'll keep that in mind thnx. Is there anything else I should focus on.

Discipline is most important.

Attached: Baron_Steuben_by_Peale__1780.jpg (619x756, 410K)

Fucking von Stubby, why do drill sgts suck his dick so hard?

Run often, bootcamp is just cardio with a few hikes. You have to be an actual austist/100% pussy to fail. Just go in with a solid mindset and youll be alright m8.
Then if your a grunt get strong legs for hikes bc they can be breakoffs. If pog nothing matters, eat taco bell every day

there is a lot of steroid use in german army as well, a few years ago there was a big bust at an airborne infantry regiment

>you cant run 3 miles in 30 mins

lol?

This makes no sense to me, why would you NOT want the strongest soldiers you can get?

This isn’t a sport where you want a fair playing field.

Alright cool. Thnx man. Appreciate it. I'll start running in the mornings.

there is almost no benefit in being a 250 lbs muscle beast as a soldier, its just extra weight you carry around

>10 minute miles are ptf pace

Enjoy your 180 faggot

>passing on a 10 minute pace

Perhaps if you’re female

Hell, if you’re a male in the 18-22 range, you need to be doing at least 7:30 miles in order to just pass

Gramps or roastie definitely would've been more apt

Do tactical barbell base building, then one of the continuation protocols, depending on your priorities for strength, endurance, etc.

Woah get a load of this fag

A steroid exam is expensive and is not commonly done. They require a CO's signature to approve of the testing, so people most people only ever get tested if they have a 'roid rage' incident.

Also, who the fuck are you to determine if a dude is roiding? You going to report everyone that has a little muscle mass on them? You can't be charged for article 90 unless you know they are roiding. Also most people in the military aren't even normy fit.

hahaha 3 miles 3 times a week is absolutely nothing.
I ran 62 miles last week

Thnx yo. I'll write that down. Appreciate the help.

Losing 40lb of muscle after coming back from deployment and having to train for the next deployment is all too real
>Lift weights and shoot shit on deployment
>Run and hike state side cause you'll need it for the field meme