If my leg sessions only consist of squats, how many sets should i do per session? (1hr)

if my leg sessions only consist of squats, how many sets should i do per session? (1hr)

Attached: 1530265915876.webm (1920x1080, 1.91M)

Other urls found in this thread:

currentnursing.com/nursing_theory/Selye's_stress_theory.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Depends, going for hypertrophy or strength?

In case of strength, I would recommend 3-5 sets of 90% 5RM with 4+ minutes of resting inbetween.

In case of hypertrophy, go for 8-12 reps x 5 sets with less rest inbetween, maybe 1-3 min, depending on how heavy it is.

If you're doing reps until failure and do more than the number of reps I suggested, I would suggest increasing the weight for strength, and lessen the time between sets for hypertrophy.

Godspeed.

Attached: Chalk me up fam.webm (1440x1080, 2.38M)

Well i dont care about strength or weight, i only want big juicy legs and glutes.

So far i've chosen a weight that lets me do 6-7 reps per set.

Are you serious with those 5 sets? Is that normal? How is that ever going to fill out 1 hour?
I've done 15 sets in todays leg session

For sure man, for starting strength and novice lifting, 5x3-5 is golden.

For juicy legs, you want those 8-12s for sure. 15 sets is far too much, the most you wanna do is 5, maybe 6 if you really can't seem to press all the energy out. The thing is, if you can do 15 sets at 6-7 reps, something does not add up. Do you stay at the same weight every one of the 15 sets?

You want to disrupt homeostasis, but still be able to recover and adapt to the stress to your body. 15 sets is 10 sets overkill. Go for 8-12 x 5 and do some hip-thrusts aswell as romanian deadlifts if you find that you have time to kill.

First of all i should clarify im not a beginner. I have been lifting for 4 years.
I had good legs from the beginning because of my gymnastics background, but it isnt on par with my upper body anymore, thats why i started doing legs for the first time.

I still cant believe that 50 sets are enough. A workout should last atleast an hour. 5 sets is maybe 1/4 of that time.

>you really can't seem to press all the energy out
Trust me, if there is one thing im good at, its exhausting my body and my muscles. Im literally drenched in sweat after 15 minutes already, and i rest less than 5 minutes between sets. When im done with my workout, i walk around like a duck. My legs are so sore after a session, i have to wait 7 days for my next legday.
>pff 7 days
No trust me, the pain is actually that bad. When i go to the toilet, i make a facial expression as if someone sticked a knife into hand.

So 8-12 reps for juicy legs. Noted. I will lower the weight so i can rep more than 6-7 times.
Im still confused. Is it maybe a different story with legs? I just cant imagine that 5 sets is enough to get any reasonable growth.

>Trust me, if there is one thing im good at, its exhausting my body and my muscles. Im literally drenched in sweat after 15 minutes already, and i rest less than 5 minutes between sets. When im done with my workout, i walk around like a duck. My legs are so sore after a session, i have to wait 7 days for my next legday.

that's not a good thing

you would get better results if you spread that same volume to 2 or 3 days instead of just fucking your shit up one day a week

Try variation. Do 5 sets of regular squats, then 5 sets of split squats, then 5 sets of hack squats, then 5 sets of front squat.
And if you're still able to move, try a few sets where you squat down, push halfway up, squat down again, and push all the way up to count one.

Well then, you should have started out with you not being a beginner. Had me going all SS on yo' ass.

If you wanna do squats only, I hate to tell you, but you really can't stretch it for an hour or more if you don't rest more or do more exercises. It's literally like going to the gym for bench only, you normally do more thangs than that. Lower back and core could be worked on, both important factors in squats, or just do some hip thrusts along with pistol squats if you're feeling nasty. The problem I see with doing that many sets is that you exercise beyond the point of recovery, meaning that you can definitely feel the burn and exhaustion and whatnot, but your body doesnt adapt to the stress, it just breaks down, as theorised by Selye: currentnursing.com/nursing_theory/Selye's_stress_theory.html

The pain shouldn't exist if you've progressed beyond novice, the body should be used to the stress. DOMS would not be that severe. Something is not adding up here.

Aika is the name if you guys are interested (and you should be)

I know what cheeky JAV this is from

Thanks for reminding me

Attached: DXIjcLBUMAAyGCr.jpg (1064x807, 145K)

>next legday
>training half you body once a week

mind sharing?

Do cube method if you're not dyel and only want to do one lift per session.

thanks man

when i do lonh squat sessions I just do as many sets of 5 with a weight i can do 8 reps for and just do sets till failure

and that's a good thing

I wanna bang aika

Attached: 1529370262347.jpg (635x665, 130K)

WHAT JAV

Aika is fucking perfect

Your leg sessions should consist of much more than squats.

Add:
Deadlifts
Lunges
Leg Extention
Leg Curl
Leg Press
Calf Raises

cant link the source just search spankbang for aika

lord forgive me

Well I can't dispute those digits.