What is an actual useful (as you can defend yourself) and at the same time fun martial art?

what is an actual useful (as you can defend yourself) and at the same time fun martial art?

Attached: ruhiger einsamer wächter.webm (800x450, 2.99M)

>skallagrim

There is no true and perfect martial art. A combo is always best. If you are only picking up one though, go for something like boxing or catch wrestling (and learn some dirty tricks once you can handle the basics). It being fun is up to you.

Judo probably, if theres a gym where adults train not kids, at least

wrestling and boxing (I find the first one to be more fun)

what about thai boxing?

Meddl leudde.

lmao that high speed waddle

Concealed-carry-jitsu.

I would agree but only if you cross train with another grappling style so you when you get in a real fight you don’t lose if they’re not wearing pajamas

New GOT looks sick

brazilian capueira is neet imo

Boxing + jiu-jitsu is the only answer

Boxing would be easier to pick up, and teaches better footwork in some cases.

you can do judo without a gi

Gun-Fu

what about hema?

I like HEMA, cus I'm a huge fucking dork. half of any martial arts is just knowing how your body moves, and staying fit. swing around a sword is a surprising good work out. the other kit just makes you hot as fuck though.

Attached: 1490105378802383174.gif (672x361, 2.93M)

it's literally just larping

nah. more like fencing with some grapple moves. everything is full contact and all that.

it's larping because you will never actually be in a real longsword fight to the death

then all martial arts are Larping. especially judo and taekwondo and all those other kung fus and such. your opponent isn't going to know those kinda moves in a real fight. its gonna be pocket sand and over the head club hands swinging around.

>... you might be correct...

you might end up in a fist fight. it doesnt matter if you can use your cool moves or not. however, it's unlikely that you will fight some armoured knight any time soon

HEMA looks so fun. Do you do any unarmed stuff like ringen?

well, there are quite a few elaborate disarming moves, and you'd be surprised how much the fists come into play, or just using the sword like a club. I purposefully posted some crumby guys fighting very realistically. you get a few good swings and maybe a defection, but then its all about tripping and getting a blade into a guys neck.

If a kungfu master vs chicano is a "realistic" fight that using all that knowledge of kung fu counter moves that the gang banger will never use, I dont see how knowing how to close the distance and disarm a guy with a knife using your short sword and buckler knowledge isn't the same thing.

next you'll tell me Jow Forums isnt larping when they clear their bedrooms from swat teams in gaskmasks because they could really need to shoot a crack head one day. its either all larp, or none of it is.

that's a real problem in HEMA, its so barely codified, that people really really focus hard on the weapons. the maunals and books are mostly about dueling, here each person has the same weapon, and most people really want to try and rebuild those techniques. some of the better schools try to take the latter day dueling techniques and apply them to earlier battlefield fighting. that means mixed weapons, and alot more ground work. the big thing is targeting of vitals, necks wrists, sides, all the gaps in Armour, and there isn't that many moves out there in the world that translate perfectly for that. I'd love to see more classical westling moves my self, I know for a fact that knights had a specific knife that they carried just for finishing of a guy on the ground. in the old stories, it was a very honorable affair, putting someone out of their misery. I dont think so lol

That's the next step in my mind, how to finish the guy off after the sword work is done.

Attached: 10_-_Late_15_16thC_rondel_with_Madonna_fluted_grip.jpg (2048x1536, 814K)

at least he is "fit"

He's pretty thin i think but if i remember he's some sort of pagan or some shit too

Judo and boxing
t. purple belt BJJ and brown singlet muay thai.

is this germanys last hope? Now that the barbarians are at the gate but he doesnt want to help because he was mocked for studying the blade while everyone was having premarital sex.

wrong. he is holding the gate

Attached: 1529793977933.webm (1280x720, 372K)

You do know they did a lot of that for pedagogical reasons right?
Like, there's no point teaching a student mixed weapons until they can at least understand same versus the same.

Also there is a shit load of unarmed stuff. Heaps. Lots of grappling.

Kali
Boxing (Thaiboxing)
Jujitsu

To be honest criminals don't fight, martial arts are a way to maintain fitness first and foremost.At best it is a ace card that you can pull out of your ass as a surprise.

situational awareness and gun fu go a long way in this day and age.

>half of any martial arts is just knowing how your body moves, and staying fit
it's almost like you didnt even read the post...whoa...

Yeah it's not like the guy trying to rob you is going to announce it and takes a fighting stance and is going to abide by some ruleset.
He's going to hit you suddenly from behind.

Or when you're on the ground trying to use your grappling his mates stomp you.

That's skall??

>spend 10 years training kung fu in the mountains of yunnan
>arrive back home, jacked as shit and pumped on banana juice, ready to defend any fair lady should a foolish boy threaten her
>the day has finally come
>you see a hoodrat pestering a beautiful maiden
>assume your fighting stance
>tell them to leave the fair lady alone or taste your wrath
>get shot
>die immediately

Attached: C03EAC91-2586-4D31-B600-D9F1862B0449.jpg (422x550, 31K)

>assume your fighting stance
that was your first mistake

Nah lol

Krav maga obviously.

Meddl loide

Attached: 1527118227226.png (813x793, 478K)

Yeah I bet you do, homo

wu shu sanda hands down

>dying from one boolit

Attached: EA1C3CE4-CDD7-4142-B216-46DFCBEE6EDA.jpg (775x775, 109K)

barbell quarterstaff training

Judo + boxing