What's the best way to cut?

fasting or calorie restriction?

Attached: 7ced393a9d8c8e2f37ad575864f46ddd3588de4av2_hq.jpg (659x525, 49K)

both

wut?

Fasting will make you gain weight in the long term tho.

Calorie restriction. It reinforces good eating habits that increase your chance of long term success

what works out best for you like fasting makes you more hungry for periods of time while cutting makes you feel you atleast ate something

T. Absolute fucking brainlet

Definetely fasting, but only if you'll do it properly. Not only you'll feel less hungry, you'll lose more fat faster without losing too much muscles.

fasting usually leads to calorie restriction

adequate protein consumption paired with a caloric deficit generated by activity rather than undereating. E.G. eat your resting TDEE and do ~500 calories worth of exercise.

also make sure you are doing resistance exercise (lift) at least 3x per week to discourage muscle atrophy, thereby encouraging adipose consumption

If plus calorie restriction thats how i do it

you literally can't cut without eating fewer cals you mong

Wrong. There are studies showing you can lose fat by (intermittent) fasting, even when your caloric intake is equal to your daily expenditure.

Sensible posts. Also intermittent fasting

No shit lol, I'm talking about eating -500 or -1000 calories vs 0 calories and it's affects on metabolism and muscle and overall effectiveness.

I think that fasting is a really good way to go, but it is risky if you're not used to dieting. You can develop really bad eating habits long term, and a lot of the weight you lose on fasts is just water weight that comes right back, so you have to be ready for the rapid rebounds. A lot of it is fat though. I'm doing PSMF right now, went from 181-> 175.2 in 6 days, but I assume that almost all of it is water, maybe 2-3 pounds of fat lost so far.

Also, fasting is extremely mentally taxing whereas regular dieting isn't at all. Something to keep in mind.

Attached: 1478713608946.jpg (1242x720, 76K)

Fasting. With caloric restriction you'll burn more muscle to make glucose, whereas if you fast proper you'll burn ketones. Though of course either way you'll burn a little muscle for gluconeogenesis and if the caloric restriction isn't to severe it shouldn't be an issue.

If you do pick caloric restriction, don't just eat less, but eat until you're full with more nutrient dense but low calorie foods. Pic related is foods rated by macronutrient:micronutrient ratio - green having fewer calories for more vitamins/minerals/phytonutrients.

Attached: Nutrient-densities-of-foods.png (915x670, 83K)

Dumb question but if I lift, does the fat in my body convert to muscles? Because fat has lots of calories, does the body use those calories in fat?

>fasting is not a calorie restriction
BIG MISTAKE

Attached: cavaliere of infernal mistakes.jpg (547x547, 70K)

you don't get it bruv. If you're eating but just eating less, your body will react differently than if you're not eating anything at all. Of course you could say fasting is a form of caloric restriction, technically, but they refer here to two physiologically different things.

doesn't fasting lead to slower metabolism which makes the body storage more fat ?

Never tried fasting so please share some of your wisdom on that topic

look up snake diet, it's the absolute most retard friendly way to learn fasting

go to plebbit for more sophisticated fasting discussion, jokes aside they have good info there

then finally follow Jason Fung's research, he's the most knowledgeable about this subject.

The consensus is that fasting might be one of the healthiest ways to "reset" your body. A like a built-in fountain of youth.

3 dubs in succession, nice

Fasting > Carnivore > Keto >>>> Calorie restriction only.

Insulin is the major driver of fat deposition. If you wanna shed fat off, it's more effective to diminish its secretion (especially peaks ie avoid carbs) than to restrict calories only.

My big dick in your tiny lil pusy
Stretch you out
All loosy goosy
Pffffft your pusy lips like garey busey
Chimi muthafuckin chongas
Big body latinas in my benz
Fuck they momma, daughtas n frens

Ok baby
Is time to rock
Now getcho green card out
Ay hello
Now say goobye
Wait dont go
I want another ride
You want to be
Legal and you cry
Mamacita
Mamacita

OH I NEED YOU
ALL YOU NEED TO DO

is throw that ass in a circle

Make that booty meat move

OH

fasting is better overall, dont listen to any brainlets that think otherwise
>less lost muscle
>more tdee while fasting correctly
>dont have to dick around counting cals
>autophagy

I think you're right. I tried fasting once before for a few days and didn't see significant results, but now I think that was because the 2 weeks before I attempted the fast I was eating at an almost -1000 calorie deficit so my metabolism was low as fuck when I started.

Fast calorie restriction