Jow Forums recommended me pic related

Jow Forums recommended me pic related.

Can someone here who read it tell me if it contains practial day-to-day tips or does it mostly contain Peterson's rambling which he occassionally does? I've seen the page of contents but judging from reviews it's not a really practical book

Attached: 9780241351642_front.jpg (325x499, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UhDPrIyOF7g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a lot of Peterson-esque rambling desu. Still worth a read imo it's not a massive book.

It is a good read. Don't be a bitch.

Get the best shelter with the most food to attract the best mates to be the alpha chad lobster I know you can be.

Attached: 1505171756257.jpg (1180x480, 61K)

It is the most simple shit compressed into one book. If you aren't a complete NEET (who didn't listen to his parents when he was a kid) it's a book you don't need to read.
In it he rambles about religion, fantasizes about beating up a kid and, as per usual, styles himself as a culture warrior in a battle with the forces of “postmodernism.”
So my advice would be to skip it and start reading books that might help you understand yourself and this world a little better, starting with actual philosophy and not this self-help bullshit
Pic related is a good place to start

Attached: start_with_the_goddamn_greeks.jpg (3672x3024, 1.38M)

he wrote those 12 rules in quora post you lazy fag

Torrent the book and see for yourself

A guy I follow who is worth £400 Million, self-made entrepreneur and investor, says this book is outstanding and correct and true and full of wisdom he agrees with.

the book is not really about the rules themselves. They are just the talking points for each chapter.

gen.lib.rus.ec is the best site to directly download books. i use tunnelbear proxy to access it.

ye there is even audio book on pirate bay

Clean your room bucko.

It's basic self help mixed with boomer conservatism and bizarre tangents about neo-marxist conspiracies.

Petersons book is really good, I have a new one I'm reading now
The rational male

There's also The wisdom of life by Arthur

good reads, but Petersons book is spot on and excellent

Problem is how many of you will read the book, accept the knowledge you gain, and continue to do the same thing that keeps you miserable?

Pathetic

Attached: 1530101726010.jpg (677x771, 53K)

He rambles a little bit, but still manages to include personal stories and experiences to help convey the ideas in a practical sense

This guy gets it.

>A guy I follow who is worth £400 Million, self-made entrepreneur and investor, says this book is outstanding and correct and true and full of wisdom he agrees with.

You can tell a homeless man to read 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, but don't expect a millionaire, or even a high 5 figure income out of him. Certain information is only so useful for certain people in certain times in their lives.

Attached: 1527591281330.gif (480x360, 1.5M)

I agree.
However I also follow Martin Shkreli's advice of "don't take any life advice from anyone worth less than $10-$100M". So when I see or hear advice off realist entrepreneurs about what they would tell their younger self to read/do: i take notes.

(I am aware that Shkreli is not someone to take moral advice from, but he made a fortune at a young age)
(I am aware JBP is not yet worth 10M plus. he is worth listening to only because the entrepreneur said so)
(another guy I trust is @naval who is nearly a billionaire and says to read JBP)

The Rational Male author Rollo Tomassi posts in r/theredpill

Attached: DZOGO6GXUAEvMun.jpg (404x411, 29K)

there's some decent stuff in there I have to say
bit of waffling, but get round that and it's alright

>ignore a condensed version of thousands of years of philosophical insights and psychological advancements in favour of autisticly reading about a group of guys who thought fucking young boys was a genuine “no-homo”
Unless you’re studying classics or are planning on doing so in future (or if you already have a hardon for Ancient Greek culture/literature), then 12 rules is infinitely more practical in day to day life.

>What is a metaphor?

I keep seeing people shill the rational male, but after reading “practical female psychology for the practical male” I just can’t take the author seriously. There’s just far too much that he assumes based on purely anecdotal evidence. Compared to 12 rules which has relevant citations for basically every statement.

Ive never seen a BOOK about self improvement that is worth anything at all if you arent a complete fucking clueless impressionable morron

>12 rules for life
yeah that can fit in a third of a page. already done. no need for an entire book. JBP is a crazy psycho anyway. you have to be fucking stupid to take him seriously let alone use him for life advice

Yea, I didn't buy the other book>“practical female psychology for the practical male
I've heard of this book and some compare it to The Rational Male but it inst' worth it, stick to the basics

The way of men is also really good

Attached: Capture.png (579x737, 524K)

There's a lot of them out there, the problem is it has to become your life. Many people read these books, know what they need to do, plan it out and fail

Don't allow yourself to fail
These books have real world knowledge that many other people already know about through natural life progression while others have to read books to learn these keys to success and happiness

no, they dont have real world knowledge. they have platitudes and a shitload of worthless filler

You know you’re retarded for posting that right? It completely ignores the most important parts of the equation in favour of a mildly witty punchline.

Nope, I think a lot of people learn these lessons early on through proper parenting and having guidance from adults in your life

It's great.

>"the way of men"
>written by a homosexual

>Don't allow yourself to fail
How can you have read so many self help books and then utter out this phrase?

Jut read the rules online and read the book Power of Habit instead. Peterson rambles too much and talks about parenting/marriage.

It's not an easy read since it wasn't meant to be published originally

Attached: IMG_5457.jpg (1024x752, 107K)

red pill: homosexual love is the truest form of reciprocal love. it's the truth whether you like it or not

*do not confuse nu-homos (lgbt sissy feminine fags) with masculine homosexual love in adoration of the perfection of man.

Of course people are going to compare it to the rational male, they’re by the same author (and they both focus on various faculties of the sexes). And honestly I imagine it’s full of the same poorly thought out ideas based on anecdotes masquerading as objective truth.
I don’t know man, I just like knowing the studies and research behind the points I’m reading about, and if there isn’t any I have a hard time taking them seriously.
I guess that’s just my problem for always having to ask why instead of just blindly accepting things, even if they align with my own world view and experiences.

Fuck off with this old hack.
>being this much of a beta to listen to on old cuck like JP

Great rebuttal. I’m sure Peterson would have to rethink his whole worldview if he saw this.

>people rise to the tops of their field and become successful writers with only useless platitudes and worthless filler
Damn, I sure could use some of those useless platitudes and some of that worthless filler. Maybe you should write something more like that instead of cheap cynicism.

You can get the audiobook for free on audible with your free credit if you want. Listen to it while doing cardio or something

Not Jow Forums you fucking shill
Enjoy your ban

Holy shit mate, that's absolutely pathetic, not even trolling here. Don't take advice on how to become a multi-millionaire from someone who isn't a multi-millionaire, that's it. Unironically thinking that real value comes from money is just sad. Quite common for Asians to have this mindset though, does that apply to you?

most of those books are written by losers whose only accomplishment is writing books and being a motivational coach

youtube.com/watch?v=UhDPrIyOF7g
watch this

by a person who is actually successful and has been repeatedly in completely different industries. 10 minutes. contains 10 points. and those 10 minutes are 10000 times better than any bullshit some dumbass loser like JBP will be able to teach you

It's just a bunch of retarded rambling. It's honestly sad that he spent so much time on this. He said he rewrote every sentence 50 times to get it absolutely perfect yet it's full of spelling and grammar errors.

Self-helf books are the absolute bottom of the barrel literature, we're talking "The Secret" level of garbage here. You must be a complete brainlet to take them seriously

if you want a solid book from peterson read Maps of Meaning

truly life changing shit and has depth to it really well thought out stuff before the e-fame

Holy shit mate, look at you. Pathetic. Why are you so pathetic, mate? Mate, you are pathetic just look at you. Pathetic mate. Not even trolling. Mate.