/plg/ Powerlifting General

recipe to success:
EAT MORE
SLEEP MORE
LIFT MORE
TRY MORE
WATCH MORE ANIME

Attached: do_you_have_nutbladder_insurance.png (568x414, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PaEFYHtXXkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_bbNmXMLImg
renaissanceperiodization.com/hypertrophy-training-guide-central-hub/
reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine#wiki_strength_work_.2840-60_minutes.29
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtu.be/PaEFYHtXXkQ

>SLEEP MORE
Not too much though my dudes

Remember to isolate your hamstrings and quads for knee longevity.

Attached: trappy butt.png (860x1127, 1.16M)

Anime user, I've started watching shows off of that list you gave me. I watched the first episode of Gundam 0079, which I'll be going back to after I finish Berserk.

Surely, this will lead to gains.

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

just know the first half of 0079 is slow, it will pick up in the second half. the show has one of the best endings though so it's worth it.

I've been wanting to make a new thread for a while and you keep doing it.

It's really t*cking me off

>watching berserk

i will let you make the next one fren im sorry :(

Attached: 1499833114282.jpg (251x231, 18K)

Is this where the incels are hanging out on the birthday of the greatest country on the planet?

Attached: 1530711706776.jpg (785x767, 24K)

I'll keep it in mind, thanks.

Gotta get better at pacing myself, too. Can't just binge longer series like I do a 25-episode one.

>training

Drag curl, one-handed reverse grip cable curl, leg press, seated leg curl.

>eating

Red meat. Hopefully some apple pie, but probably cookies because it's Canada.

>listening

The gym is blasting AC/DC again. Meh.

>feeling

Horny. Peeved at my coworker's incompetence. Wishing I could roid for real instead of trying to figure out how to get around my travel schedule for work.

>training
squat 5x5
gm off pins 9x3
cable row 2x20
chins 50 reps
ghr 50 reps
>eating
rice, beans, broccoli, canned tuna

The Kingdom of Prussia was established in January though.

>rice, beans, broccoli, canned tuna

Why do you do this to yourself?

Can you point to Prussia on a map???

i legitimately like eating that stuff

Could you point to any countries on a map of it wasn't labeled? Besides your own and its neighbors, of course.

The US is in a shameful state and not worthy of the title, "greatest on the planet."

yet we are

cooe countrylet

>WAWTT

Bench Press 1x10, 3x6
Close Grip bench 4x10
Incline Bench 4x15
DB Shoulder Press 4x15
Machine Lateral Raise 4x20
Face Pulls 4x20
Pec Flye 4x20
Cable Tricep Push Down 4x20

>WAWET

Oatmeal with PB, Nuts+Raisins, Egg, Cinnamon

Should I buy flaxseed to mix in, I think I need omegas because I never eat fish.

>WAWLTT

youtube.com/watch?v=_bbNmXMLImg

getting into noise rock, shit gets me pumped

>WAWFT

gone off antidepressants recently, feeling perpetually depressed and anxious

>The US is in a shameful state and not worthy of the title, "greatest on the planet."

Attached: 1530692727116.png (904x401, 646K)

It's more of a Winning By Default situation rather than winning due to any actual competency on our part.

Hillary lost, move on.

Attached: 1530692228780.jpg (552x690, 41K)

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king.

Attached: 1509142556431.png (257x362, 41K)

Don't get me wrong, Hillary would have been worse. Without a fucking doubt.

>The US is in a shameful state and not worthy of the title, "greatest on the planet."

t. obsessed 3rd world retard

Attached: 1524263844556.jpg (720x720, 69K)

Post your bench then.

Attached: REKT.gif (266x199, 892K)

based
oh boy here we go

damn son, how many days a week do you do that?

Jacked and Tan 2.0, two upper, two lower. It's week 1 so the reps go down over the six weeks.

based

bench press hurts my shoulders :(

get your bf to massage them for you

Alright so I’m getting back into the flow of things and have selected Candito LP as my program, since o still consider myself a beginner (able to put on weight by week/ maybe session)

Here is my routine

Heavy Lower
Squat 3x6
Deadlift 2x6
Leg Extensions 3x8-12
RDL 3x8-12

Heavy Upper
Bench Press 3x6
Pull-ups 3x6-10
Upright Rows (?) 3x6-10
Barbell Rows 3x6-10
Close-Grip Bench Press 3x8-12
Preacher Curls 3x8-12

Hypertrophy Lower
Back Squat 5x8
RDL 3x8
Hamstring Curl 3x8
Calf Raises 5x15
Leg Extensions 3x8-12

Hypertrophy Upper
Bench Press 4x8
Incline Bench Press 4x8
Pull-ups 4x8
Barbell Rows 4x8
Upright Rows 3x10
Barbell Curls 3x8-12
Close-Grip Bench Press 4x8-12
Preacher Curls 4x8-12

My goals are ALSO bodybuilding oriented- I understand this is a powerlifting routine, but my theory is that as a natural getting stronger = getting bigger.

Anyways, is this enough volume to gain substantial mass?

I counted the volume as
>Chest: 11 sets
> Back: 14 sets
> Biceps: 10 sets
> Triceps: 7 sets
> Side Delts: 6 sets

get your bf to massage them for you

This variant is the “Strength/Hypertrophy” template.

This is the “Strength/Control” template

Heavy Lower
Squat 3x6
Deadlift 2x6
Leg Extensions 3x8-12
RDL 3x8-12

Heavy Upper
Bench Press 3x6
Pull-ups 3x6-10
Upright Rows (?) 3x6-10
Barbell Rows 3x6-10
Close-Grip Bench Press 3x8-12
Preacher Curls 3x8-12

Control Lower
Pause Squat 6x4
Pause Deadlift 3x4
Leg Extensions 3x8-12
RDL 3x8-12

Control Upper
Pause Bench 6x4
Pause Barbell Row 6x4
Upright Rows 3x10
Pull-Ups 3x10
Close Grip Bench Press 3x8-12
Preacher Curls 3x8-12

In terms of my goals (muscle mass + strength) which one is more suitable? I know you’re probably thinking “well duh the hypertrophy template” but Candito is a powerlifter so I’d think he’s more knowledgeable about programming a strength routine than a hypertrophy routine. does the strength/control have enough volume to elicit mass gains?

it's more than you'll ever squat, faggot manlet, so start coping.

Attached: 1484098321526.png (300x300, 100K)

only manlets and fatties can brag about their bench alone

t. 5'9 manlet with a shit bench

hey lads I'm going on a trip for a month, no gym.
How much of my gainz will I lose? I have a 500 skwat and a 315 bench I never missed a lifting day or ever deloaded I'm worried

I will mail you $20 dollars and a signed Titleist hat if you can provide a video of you benching LMAO3PLAET wearing a blue shirt and then saying "Haha, okay raffy."

It must be done raw, as I don't care how much your elastic hugbox can lift for you. It doesn't even have to be paused. Just lower the bar from lockout, to your chest, and without obviously bouncing it off your chest, move it back to lockout in one motion, with no idiot Helper touching the bar between the lockout positions.

bump

>sleep in a weird position
>wake up
>big sciatica
>it's deadlift day

Attached: 1518947774208.jpg (1024x1024, 221K)

>faggot manlet thinks 3 plate is an "impressive" bench

yep, you're nowhere close to my league. thanks for further confirming. now pipe down, ditch the trip and fuck off. you're done here.

Attached: 1509756284291.png (574x640, 303K)

Currently doing SL
dl 330, Squat 308, Bench 209, ohp 121
Bench and ohp are stalling hard even tho I watch anime every day, is it time to switch routine?

I'll add 100$ to that even 2pl8 bench would be enough because its obvious that guy doesnt lift at all.

Are you fapping to anime girls as well? This will increase your test tenfold!

Attached: Asuka20.jpg (786x1115, 217K)

I try to to keep it up twice a week

Attached: 1527184796380.jpg (1280x970, 154K)

twice a day*

youll find out

I thought fapping too often lowers test

Attached: 5543348264.png (680x680, 59K)

t. scrawny faggot manlet who can't even manage to bench 95 pounds

Attached: 1522030857645.jpg (539x566, 29K)

Clean & press is the sexiest lift

Well then it should really easy for you to do.

Hell, if you want to do more than that just to show off, I'll count it because you will still be benching 3 plates.

im going 3 weeks myself, i have no idea what to expect strengthloss wise

maybe ill hit a gym there once, but we'll see

Opposite

*faps 5 times a day to increase test*

I've finnally stop training for powerlifting and started to just do bro splits

I'm in the best shape I've been in my life, you guys ruined 2 good years with your meme

>starts doing volume
>"whoa I gained muscle"

I believe it. Volume is the most necessary component when trying to build muscle, and a bro split allows for more volume per muscle per week. People here always complain their tiring full body 3x week programs make them look like shit, and yet the average gym goers who look better than 95% of the people here do bro splits

People should unironically do brosplits until they stop working, and only then move on to more frequent higher intensity training

brainlet: the post

no average gym goer looks better or bigger than me. The only guys that do are all admitted steroid users.

Then you’re either part of the 5%, or you go to a shit gym

>muh fullbody vs brosplit
>muh everyone here looks small
where the fk do you retards come from how many 4pl8 benchers look like shit lmao and who gives a shit about ''brosplit vs fullbody'' absolutely brainlet tier discussion

fkoff to your own thread this is plg

brosplits denotes a 1x/week frequency, which is the opposite of optimal for muscle growth

unless brosplits now denotes any program that isn't powerlifting specific, in which case no shit hypertrophy programs work better for hypertrophy

Most of the +4plate benchers here are fat as fuck lmao, without the extra bodyfat there’s no way they’d hit those numbers. Plus, in most normal gyms everyone with a big bench uses a brosplit. Most lurkers here want to build muscle and strength, and the best way to do both at the start of training is a brosplit

Muscle size doesn’t decrease until up to two weeks of no training, and a bro split allows more volume per week, which is the biggest indicator of muscle growth. Try harder

>sleep 9 hours
>fall asleep on the train
>sleep 3 hours
>literally can’t even yawn forget napping or sleeping

Ehhh

>brosplit brosplit brosplt brosplit
keep typing it more buddy maybe youll convince someone to train, not workout, like a retard

how many ''bros'' have set bench records? exactly, keep spouting your brainletism, keep projecting your shit lifts and unmuscular body

optimal muscle frequency isn't about the amount of time it takes for muscles to atrophy, it's about the amount of times in a given time frame the muscle can recover enough to be trained again

1x/week frequency is unoptimal, the fact you're even beginning to deny this shows how new you are

renaissanceperiodization.com/hypertrophy-training-guide-central-hub/

Literally no one said it would help set records lmao, just that it was more optimal for beginner lifters wanting muscle and strength. Face it, your SS bullshit turned most people who used it into evermediates because they didn’t learn how to build muscle. Now gbro states the obvious, and tells people they need volume for muscle, and muscle for strength, all you ugly strength purists with shit stats and shitter physiques have cognitive dissonance because you don’t want to admit that the gym bros look better than you, and are not far off in strength levels

oh its just a jimcel we can all ignore him now

Yes but fitting the amount of volume in that is needed to grow is almost impossible training the muscle multiple times a week. There needs to be enough stimulus to incur hypertrophy, not just 3 heavy sets of 5 reps with form breaking down half way and expecting to build muscle let alone instil correct movement patterns

>beginners doing brosplits
Fuck me these threads have gone to shit, you cant isolate muscle you dont have you absolute moron

>brosplit allows more volume
>train bodypart once a week
>more volume

Wow

>average

I should hope you look better than average

muscles do not require an entire week to recover sufficiently to stimulate adequate work for growth, read the research

it's just jimcel you should ignore him

I won't have access to a gym or any gym equipment for the next 1 month.
What can I do to retain gains in s/b/d?
I could think of
Pistol squats for squats
Pushups for bench
Pullups and nordic curls on the floor with someone pushing down on my calves for deadlifts
Serious question pls respond

reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine#wiki_strength_work_.2840-60_minutes.29

Strength work section, use the progression links to find your level.

No, I'm right here.

I think beginners should do more volume of pullups, dips, push ups, inverted rows, lunges, single leg squats, box jumps, and hanging leg raises alongside their SS, or whatever.

Bodyweight accessories are underrated and easy to recover from.

>finish deadlifts
>ac joint hurts

Attached: images.png (428x343, 15K)

Bro, I hate to be dismissive when I'm getting advice but this doesn't really fit me. I don't have access to anything related to rings and dip bars, and that routine, while really good, has nothing for erectors and hams

Just go enjoy your trip. Make a commitment to work out 20 minutes per day. Jog, sprints, or a body weight circuit.

Don't try to plan it, because then when your plans have to change you'll feel like you messed it up. You're going to lose a lot of strength initially, but it will come back much more quickly than it would for somebody who had not had your strength levels previously.

How to get rid of an anxiety? Why am I afraid of every single life situation like a scared cat.

It drives me insane ree

Stop wanking, start putting yourself in uncomfortable situations, get gf or fwb for confidence

Domazepin

beginner sshould train like ifbb pros they need muscle

cant debate this

Apart from stopping jerking off I'm asking "how"? About the rest

Beginners should train with more frequency to get more exposures to the main lifts. Learning of those lifts is a skill, and that skill is hard to develop if they're only doing it once per week

Put yourself in uncomfortable positions on a frequent basis. Make small talk at the grocery store

just be yourself bro, works for me

Attached: 637281919.jpg (474x474, 32K)

Try tinder or something like it, build confidence with 5/6s

Easiest way is to just do it. Shoot first, ask questions later, so to speak.

I am much of the same, but I've grown accustomed to just acting on impulse instead of over thinking it.

Sometimes thinks work out, most times it works out horribly for me. So its up to you whether or not you think the good will be greater than the bad for you.

Neck chad

Not really worried about relationship, more about people negatively judging me and thwt is preventing me from doing things thwt I would like to do

its was a joke you dip

Incel then?

I can't find a good job and my tooth has been hurting for months now.

I think this is good enough reason to kill myself

Join the fitness discord.
We have->
routine and posture advice, motivation, awesome stories, feels, food pics recipes and diet checks, fasting, etc. Self improvement, nofap and even relationship advice and CBT and PLG
We also have some fun channels like memes.
We have a contest: post a cbt pic in begin of the month, and one at the end. Then users vote and the winner gets prize money!
We accept everyone
dis cord (dot) gg / Dzj9HkQ

That's so gay. Everything you wrote is so fucking cringe. Why the fuck do you discord fags even exist.

Nope, just pretty much afraid of everything