Painful movie thread

what are some movies that make you FEEL?
movies that hit you harder than anything else

Attached: sarajevo1.jpg (900x596, 182K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=threads
youtube.com/watch?v=C3horASB5gU
youtu.be/vr0NBPRMe2E
youtube.com/watch?v=13ylVfXVHLo
youtu.be/th7euZ30wDE
youtube.com/watch?v=DNfBdzpG6L4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mostly anime
>Erased
>grave of flyer flies
>old yeller when i was a kid it shocked me

I tend to stay away from feels because I'm a pussy

Attached: images.png (224x224, 7K)

Feit klab, teeere dere tere dere tere dere tererererererere.

manchester by the sea i guess

The Lord of the Rings films make me tear up. Like Boromir in the first one and Mary and Pippin in the 3rd one.
Sometimes if something is really courageous or inspiring in some way it gets me. Like sport films or even anime. I always feel something when their is comradery.
The terrorist anime really got me for some reason. Was pretty meh.

Her was the only movie that could make me cry. That movie felt like a long drawn out punch in the gut
>tfw you get cucked by your AI gf

I will never cope with watching this movie

Attached: .jpg (1909x981, 244K)

>feeling something from a movie
>As if feeling was something I was capable of in real life situations, let alone in movies
Heh. I'm broken

unironically,

blade runner 2049

Attached: 1530687192052.jpg (600x631, 68K)

Requiem for a dream was cool

Taxi Driver is an essential robot movie.

Meme
Cringe
Meme
Gay
Meme
Cringe
Fag
Kino

bosnian war photos are so aesthetic

blade runner is garbage babby cinema, try harder

I liked warrior, because I have a brother.

Requiem for a meme.
Kino
Cringe
Queer
Blogfag

12 monkeys desu

I love that one, but find it more interesting than relatable. But I'm not all that socially awkward

Fred 3: Camp Fred always hits me right in the feels.

Cringe
Pleb
Ironic Kino

Rosetta

Idi I smotri. It is also available on YouTube on the channel of Mosfilm.

Mamoru Oshii's Kerberos Trilogy (all three movies have gutting endings, some people think Oshii was trying to be pro-authoritarian but they're all about loyalty, personal failure and futility)
Thief (protagonist is a Chad/Robot hybrid)
Drive (just Thief with autism and a novel soundtrack)
Shane (Drive with horses instead of cars)
Love Exposure (all of the feels, including hilarity. 4 hours long so you know it's good)
Warrior (as the other user said if you have a brother this movie is like having your soul kicked in the balls)
Caravaggio (Derek Jarman movies are always moving)
Barry Lyndon (Barry isn't really a good or likeable person but it's all so perfectly told)
The Passion of the Christ (only really works if you're a Christian, but I tear up just thinking about how the movie was made. Gibson is a workmanlike director, no master craftsman by any stretch, but it meant so much to him)

Everyone post more, movies keep me sane.

Nothing gets me like the movie Gattaca.
>You wanna know how I did it? This is how I did it Anton: I never saved anything for the swim back.

Bullhead is a foreign film thats very very good.

Attached: bullhead3.jpg (600x770, 114K)

Threads fucked me up big time.

>Threads
what?

lmgtfy.com/?q=threads

It's not your fault Jow Forums.

Attached: gwh.gif (451x249, 826K)

Your image reminds me of Battlefield 3, those were good times.

made me reply/10

I am amazed none of you faggits haven't mentioned: bridge to terabitha.
I guess I'm just gonna get (youed) hard now.
But if you ate the typical robot you better just watch it now, no questions asked.

I did that you turd, there are like 2 movies and a series named threads. Wasnt sure which one you meant since I cant read your mind.

Moonrise Kingdom hits me like a fucking freight train every time and to this day I dont fully understand why

Attached: 2A532816-085D-402E-B8E3-A42B36212318.jpg (270x306, 29K)

Cringy garbage. Overly sentimental just to be >that sad movie that makes me crievertim :(

Yeep. Yesyes

that's come and see right?

that one is not really feels just more like haunting emptiness

The Last Samurai. That end scene makes me want to kill every westerner for their impurity and sanctimonious ways towards the rest of the world.

Just finished this. I cried on the last episode because it was about the memorial. I cried when i saw the memorial irl. Ultimate Feel bad history lesson

Attached: c2o6vmdxuaavxq0.jpg (1500x844, 115K)

>Thief
One of my top 5 all time. Nicolas Refn is such a goddamned hack.
youtube.com/watch?v=C3horASB5gU

>Moonrise Kingdom
>bridge to terabitha
Both are excellent

The Day After. Spooky and makes you feel.

Attached: IMG_20180715_130039.jpg (1275x1471, 309K)

(500) Days of Summer
A Scanner Darkly
The Butterfly Effect
Playing It Cool
The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Really was the downfall of man

Attached: 277D35E7-436B-45DA-A2AB-8988E3A4588C.jpg (310x445, 56K)

Pic related, maybe. It was pretty damn awkward for me...kinda like "I hope I'm never like this kinda bad.

Another couple would be "Jack", which also starred Robin Williams and "Old Yeller", in the famous scene where the kid had to kill his own dog.

Attached: one_hour_photo_ver2.jpg (513x386, 58K)

>went into 500 days thinking it was gonna be cute and sweet

I was just angry in the end

Attached: 215379C6-978B-43D5-AA75-D1ABA62CB911.jpg (540x960, 59K)

all is lost was the last film to make me feel catharsis
love this one too

About Time
Because I will never has the chance to turn back time and marry the perfect woman for me

Attached: about-time-feature.jpg (640x380, 107K)

If they just cut that Art Garfunkel song out of it, it would be almost perfect.

The novel is the greatest adventure story ever told...and it's ABOUT FUCKING RABBITS.

It's a hard pill to swallow but that's what dating is like. Plus it's fun to go on the journey of dating when it's going well, but at the end of the day all women care about is money, status and looks.

>The Last Samurai. That end scene makes me want to kill every westerner for their impurity and sanctimonious ways towards the rest of the world.

Funny you say that, since Algren is the only one who understands Katsumoto.

Even the fucking EMPEROR is too much of a coward and a whore to understand Katsumoto. But Algren does.

The guys who stomp the Samurai flat all look pretty yellow to me, dude.

I would recommend the Harvey cut of Cinema Paradiso...but I think the robot suicide rate would spike too high if too many of you started watching that.

All those chicks Harvey apparently raped? That was a small price to humanity to pay for his edit of that film.

big list incoming- all kinds of feels. can give a brief description for any movie, just ask about what ur curious of.
>mysterious skin
>crumb
>the hospital
>kes
>the plague dogs (kinda depends on the version you watch cause one ending is a hell of a lot more sadder than the other...)
>withnail & i
>the ascent
>watership down
>the sound of insects: records of a mummy
>tyrannosaur
>the machinist
>breaking the waves
>oslo, 31. august
>breathing
>clean, shaven
>american beauty
>seven
>akira
>requiem for a dream
>woyzeck (fucking love the color grading in it. super gorgeous warmth)
>the fire within
>un homme qui dort
>julien donkey boy
many many more could be named, but this list is already long enough as it is...

Attached: Fantasia.1940.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264-EbP.mkv_20180523_222806.522.jpg (1436x1080, 1.36M)

True, but Algren had a unique opportunity to understand the plight. As if given a second chance. After seeing what was happening with the natives back """"home"""" he came to the realization that he could not stand by and let it happen once again.

Regardless, the west was their on their own accord and caused the whole mess on their own.

Then say so instead of just "what" you idiot, I can't read your mind either.
Was talking about the movie.

No the brainlet who posted it in the frist place should have been specific.

sup tell us what brings you to this godforsaken place

The Giver and Shawshank because I have normie taste.

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Based user

Oreo

The Fountain
youtu.be/vr0NBPRMe2E

Love exposure is amazing and funny af. Was so attached to the mc and his girl by the end.

>and to this day I dont fully understand why
It's probably a "this will never ever be you" type of feel
Lots of movies hit me that way

Moonlight
It reminded me how lonely I am and that I dont have anyone to love me like how Chiron loves Kevin

interstellar originally

Attached: BD162F92-1B3E-45EB-91AC-342E2242F843.jpg (443x332, 15K)

This movie makes me incredibly sad simply because of how much i relate to travis. First time i watched it i had an emotional breakdown. No other movie made me do that before.

Attached: 7815709D-38C9-4A3C-9EA3-39CA0397EFA1.jpg (2000x1100, 98K)

>filename originalliony

Attached: 5_centimeters_per_second_by_ryuuzuke-d5lpv7a.jpg (1191x670, 54K)

saveing privat Ryan and the notebook. Also toy story 3 and most other Pixar movies.

Attached: 2F4CBF34-D670-45BA-B325-3191D68C93C9.jpg (1024x872, 117K)

Pink Floyd- The Wall

Made me realise that life is a factory making faceless copies of a copy, and they'll try to do that to me and you and the other not a robots.

>Watership Down
Then how will you ever cope watching pic related?

Attached: 06fd37523706a13b1ac0508b6e6211e5.jpg (800x1167, 122K)

Sicario - it really made my question my own morality. Didn't seem to have a great impact at first, then coudn't think about anything else for weeks.

SO WHAT IF ITS NOT MY FAULT? THE SITUATION IS STILL AS SHIT AS ITS EVER BEEN

The end of blood diamond gets me.
Otherwise ita usualy the music played in the scenes

The gray gives me the feels or the revenant is also pretty good

I loved The Ascent, but I felt indifferent. That's what's bothering me. I didn't feel anger despite thinking that I should have. It was just a case of "this shouldn't be happening. just hang me too".

i get that too. it's certainly still a significant feeling though, and yeh it is kinda bothersome to feel so stilted in your emotions when you know there should be something there you can express, but there isnt, though even if there was, you'd have a hard time expressing it anyway. maybe that's just me though....

Attached: 1527467518100.jpg (359x357, 12K)

Finally some one with good taste

Miyazaki movies. All of them.

Attached: l.jpg (482x427, 36K)

youtube.com/watch?v=13ylVfXVHLo

The shot of his dad always gets me.

they just pierce my soul with infinite feels

Attached: fullwidth.1ea2e172.jpg (970x595, 382K)

blade runner
blade runner 2049
akira

>grave of the flyer flies

Attached: 1507075778638.jpg (1024x595, 97K)

Documentaries might be cheating, but nothing has ever broken me down like Dear Zachary. The only possible way it won't fuck you up is if you have literal autism and don't have the ability to feel empathy

Once you finally get over her, you will be able to watch this movie and think, "God I was such a whiny retard. Why did I waste so much time thinking of her?" and once you do, its actually a pretty good feel. Also when your'e not so sad you can realize that the animation of it is truly beautiful.

love exposure unironically changed my life

Attached: LE1.jpg (853x480, 85K)

i watched that movie with my dad the first time when i was like 9, first movie that really made me think

Forrest Gump, I dont know if its because the movie is so good or because I watched it countless times with my dad when I was younger. Maybe both.

I wish i'd have that kind of therapist.

Yeah man, that was good shit

>un homme qui dort
where to find it?

Mysterious Skin is a good movie, very depressing though.
Other movies that fucked me up are Confessions and The Devil's Backbone

Yeah that is a good one, I might go watch it again

Everything that makes me sympathise with a villain:
youtu.be/th7euZ30wDE

Attached: 2215073_com_alpacinosh.jpg (320x480, 23K)

Ken Burns is really great at making you feel

youtube.com/watch?v=DNfBdzpG6L4

I personally can't wait for the all-female reboot of Mysterious Skin

I watched this last night. In fact, I was in the middle of watching it for the first time when you posted this. The girl I'm into said it was her favorite movie, and another friend said it was excellent, so I decided to watch it. It was alright; I don't think it really had much effect on me and I didn't connect with it, but I understand why people like it.

Nai, that fucking short before the incredibles too. Sure, I might have been a little high, but it still had me crying.

that shit fucked me up a bit

Attached: 273e6cd330adc478a4a9505bb885e52a.jpg (1400x2100, 276K)

My top 5 favorite films are huge emotional hard hitters

WALL-E
The Royal Tenenbaums (Honorable mention to The Grand Budapest Hotel for sometimes making me consider replacing Royal Tenenbaums)
Rocky
Philadelphia
Blue Valentine