/SIG/ Self improvement general

/SIG/ Self improvement general

What have you been improving on, how is it going?

Attached: 1B55A388-5DA4-453E-9284-06E789E0F974.jpg (1763x2034, 964K)

I started drinking, it improved my afternoons immensely.

>blames self for world

I have not reached this level of self improvement yet.

Attached: 1456296871546.jpg (365x450, 38K)

nothing
I just degraded in pretty much everything tbqh

I read some Nietzsche, slept and got up at a decent time, leveling up my mmo character and that makes me feel good, and when I feel good I want to live and that's for the self.

I am trying to improve my tattooing skills. It hard :(

I started trying to be more casual with girls on dating apps. It was nice I got along well with one girl for about a fortnight. I was meant to have a date today but she ghosted me on Wednesday. It stings a little but in the upside it was nice while it lasted, so if I can get that once I can definitely do it again and set up a date sooner instead of waiting as long I did this time

is this a good thing to try?

Attached: untitled.png (1332x1949, 397K)

Well, after a failed suicide attempt, I realised I don't have the balls to try it again, so I might as well try to work on making myself less miserable. I got a job I'm starting on monday, I smoke both weed and cigarettes less than before, read more and spend less time on computer (though that's because my hard drive is dead), and I'm getting better at guitar. Made a tinder too, I still suck at talking to women but I'm getting better.

Join our Berserk themed self-improvement server.

>Berserk
>Liftan
>Health
>Shitpostan
>Frens

gMcrhv

Attached: 1517749074997.jpg (362x447, 62K)

I went from homeless drug addict at the beginning of the year to having a place to sleep,5 months sober, someone i could have spent my life with, i was happy, had a future, and a kid on the way. Found out yesterday she cheated on me multiple times, the kid might not be mine (shes getting rid of it now anyway), and im back to living in my car and using hard drugs. I was doing pretty great for a little bit

I enjoyed the punchline of that pic but I do not do much to self improve. I'm mostly trying to not die.

It seems a but like bro-science to me, but if you have nothing else to lose and it sound like it would do much harm if you were to do it.

Why the hell not?

Its been two years and half since i started working out, feels good man
I'm also getting better at drawing, but its a slow process.

your life is so interesting yet so terrible
I just stay at home and masturbate by myself while having a few beers and smoking some weed everyday

Yeah my life used to be like that too lol

Oh, that explains a lot
When i went to basic training in military (3 months) i lost everything that made my life comfortable, even my phone, internet and daily masturbation.
Yet something changed afther those three months, suddenly life got better, i just assumed it was because i finally had a job and actually talked to people even if they found me weird, but your post, your post made me see, thats why i feel happy now and that's why my life has been getting better
Do try it user, it does seem to work

I need a job right now.

how do I do this? I have a blank resume.

Attached: am1wqgWn.jpg (212x400, 12K)

Volunteer work can be used on a resume. Theres also fast food where you dont really need a work background

1. Get FEMA free certificates
2. Get a nice free resume template
3. Put certificates on resume along with your "volunteer experience" (make it up, just use your parent as reference, change their last name obviously)
4. Apply to at least ten jobs per day
5. Dress well to the interviews

I've been improving on Puyo Puyo and Tetris
>be me, write this comment
>dab cuz no normie like me browses Jow Forums and plays tetris
Why am I like this?

How do you get better at coping with ADHD? I was diagnosed with it at 6 and I find it impossible to focus on anything without my attention being completely disrupted.

I personally don't intend to.

I need to stop smoking marijuana within the next month and a half and yet I don't want to start drinking more
I think my drinking is connected to my weed smoking though and it might actually be easier to quit both

>(shes getting rid of it now anyway)

Attached: 1283817600768.jpg (296x296, 12K)

Because the only constant here is you. The world changes, but the only thing that remains the same is you. So change yourself. Insanity and being deluded is staying the same while expecting different results. Nice try though, brainlet.

Try to exercise your attention. Ask your friends or relatives to practice for you. I know nothing of ADHD and am only taking a shot in the dark.
This might sound like I am fucking mental but you can do this practice and reward yourself or have people reward you somehow with something you like (candy? shots of alcohol? Idfk man, I sound retarded cuz this is like training dogs I swear)

Good luck

Does anybody else here keep a journal?

I've been keeping one for two months now but I'm going to scrap it.

>getting rid of it now anyway
dude the fuck is wrong with you mate

I bet that rolls out yo fucking mouth with ease you fucking degen

Attached: download (1).jpg (225x225, 7K)

>What have you been improving on, how is it going?

Linear Algebra
Can someone explain which equation to use when finding a projection matrix and why?
afaik P=AA^T is only used for the orthogonal projection of a vector on a subspace, but isn't used when only finding the orthogonal projection matrix of a subspace?

Attached: dude what.png (270x38, 1K)

Why not try meds? Amphetamines will make you feel good, it's my favorite drug. I wouldn't know about therapeutic doses, but if you can get amphetamine legally, then go for it man. This is a great opportunity.

I understand. But the way it is worded just triggers me.

Should be:
>blames self for his situation

'blames self for the world' makes it sound like I'm the one profiting from selling arms to stupid sandniggers and actual niggers while dumping crude oil in the oceans.

Its better that way. If im the father, im a piece of shit drug addict, if im not the father, its dad is a piece of shit psychotic drug addict. And for its mom, i watched her cut her arm after she told me, heard her talking about killing herself, and watched her pour a fucking literal mouthful of tylenol into her mouth and start chewing it up. Trust me, its better off this way. And if it doesnt get aborted then shes giving it up for adoption

Why does something like that matter in your daily life? Yes, selling arms to terrorists and nogs is shitty, but why do you bear it as your individual responsibility to somehow fix the entire planet? Stop overwhelming yourself so much with things that barely affect you, stop trying to play god and control everything. Just focus on your life dude, trust me.

>Why does something like that matter in your daily life?
Because I'm a part of this word, and I want to make it better.

I'm not unhappy with myself or my life though, so might as well seek out new challenges. Problem is, I have no idea how to make an impact that wouldn't be just a drop in an ocean of piss, so I'm triggered.

>Its better that way. If im the father, im a piece of shit drug addict, if im not the father, its dad is a piece of shit psychotic drug addict. And for its mom, i watched her cut her arm after she told me, heard her talking about killing herself, and watched her pour a fucking literal mouthful of tylenol into her mouth and start chewing it up. Trust me, its better off this way. And if it doesnt get aborted then shes giving it up for adoption

she wants to hurt the baby ?

How many months is it ?

I hope this is a troll because you got me you really came off as some fucked up cretin

Be a philanthropist then. If you really believe you can make a change and have the means to do so, then take a shot at it. Invest into cryptocurrency. Get good at something. Make your own startup. Try to get support from people (it's not impossible if your ideas are actually great). The fact that you don't know what to do proves that you are unsatisfied with life around you, but you don't really know how to deal with it, you don't have a plan ready.

You're right, it's time to stop being triggered and start making moves. Godspeed, internet sage.

>How do you get better at coping with ADHD?
I can only comment on that as far as university is concerned.
I recorded my lectures with a camera, then I re watched them on my computer at 2X or 2.5X speed , for some reason doing so not only allowed me to pay attention to the entire lecture I also learned the concepts better and retained more information. I went from being on academic suspension to having 4.0 semesters, I was too late though as I already fucked my GPA by that point pretty much forcing me to start going to grad school for a fresh start.
So watching lectures at higher speed is what worked for me.

Another thing I recommend is improving your vocabulary , I know that doesn't sound like it will help but let me explain.
whenever you come across a word you don't know either through a lecture or a book, weird as it sometimes you don't notice,and your mind automatically attempts to fill in the blank which isn't always 100% accurate which also makes it harder to understand what the person just said. I know this because that happened to me, and I did not even notice until I came across a word while studying for the GRE years later and finally figured out why I struggled so hard in certain classes, I'm embarrassed to say but I did not know what word "attenuate" meant. For a certain number of classes I took that word came up a lot and my ignorance of it probably really fucked up my understanding of the material.
Kevin Flanigan's "Building a Better Vocabulary"is he best thing I can recommend for that, though I don't know if the mega link I got the audiobook from is still up.

Shes 11 weeks. Shes gonna get a legal abortion and if that doesnt happen shes giving it up for adoption