Is it possible to learn social skills at age 27 after always being an awkward autist...

Is it possible to learn social skills at age 27 after always being an awkward autist? I've also been a NEET since 2011 but I have a job now and I've been trying to talk to people at work all the time but I can never think of anything to say to keep the conversation going

Attached: unnamed (1).jpg (512x288, 18K)

no nigger, the reason you can't think of anything to say is because you have nothing to say. What do normans talk about? sports? their kids? their boyfriends/girlfriends. become the norman and you will communicate like the norman.

I am 27 too and I cant. I went 5 months to a therapist too

i'd say the odds are stacked against you if not impossible.
You can try but the results will never be natural like those you aspire to achieve.

Why shouldn't it be possible, you moron.

>sports? their kids? their boyfriends/girlfriends.
not OP but i have the same problem as him. Those topics seem to be for old boomers what can a young guy such as myself say to keep the convo going?

the same answer applies, the fact that those subjects don't/aren't applying to you at the age of 27 presumably means you're not a norman, and therefore you cannot communicate like a norman.

>the same answer applies
hey stupid boomer i'm not going to talk about my kids (i don't have any) sports? i dont watch them. bf/gf? why the fuck would i bring my gf into the conversation?

>having a gf
turbo normo

All your answer tells me is you're not a norman. Quit trying to be.

I don't know why you guys think having a gf is the answer to all problems, if anything, she is more of a chore in my life/expenses. My life is still shit as to why i am still browsing this board.

You will be more "in shape" socially if you're with people a lot. I don't know how good you can get but you'd at least get some level of short term skill pretty fast that mostly disappears if you go back into isolation.
That's at least how it's been for me, I've never been fully normal but have been able to have some acquaintances in some periods where I had the right circumstances for being around people.
With my current circumstances it would be difficult to just find other people to attempt to socialize with.

>tells me is you're not a norman
I know i'm not but i'm surrounded by them at work/uni. OP's post reads if its possible to "learn their skills" if not then it's w/e not like I NEED to learn them to get by in life.

It'll make you way more confident with dealing with people and more successful.

OP here. I probably don't act or seem my age. Living at home, no driver's licence, this being my first job working with a lot of young people. People at work have thought I was 18-22. Most of my clothes are from when I was in my early 20s.

then quit crying and don't? dumb nigger.
this is it in a nutshell then, you don't have anything to say to them, relating to somebody entirely different than you is hard.

>nigger
who let the edgy /b/tard in this board?

It's always possible to develop literally any skill on Earth, the thing is as we age, we get really self-conscious (we want to become masters right away) which really doesn't help the process. The key to develop any skill is deliberate practice which means you have to put in the work (talk with people in a consistent basis) and analyze what you did wrong and go from here. Watching socially skilled and see what they're doing right tremendously helps.

>It's always possible to develop literally any skill on Earth
>actually believing that
let me guess, your dear mum told you that you're a special boy and can be literally anything?

you're actually retarded. please hang yourself.

how new are you? don't make it obvious faggot nigger.

Attached: 1440098144608.jpg (399x385, 29K)

This same self-limiting belief is why you're still here retards. Of course, there are a few skills that are better off being acquired at a younger age if you want to be a professional. But between ages 24- 35, you should be able to learn any skill that doesn't involve athelticism