How come girls love to read so much? how come incels don't consider reading a hobby?

how come girls love to read so much? how come incels don't consider reading a hobby?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (3000x2250, 606K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j2tMXVz9JOo&
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"Posting a picture of yourself reading on instagram" does not equal "actually reading"

Pic related

Attached: w_h_22.png (760x756, 285K)

i want to read with a girl

hell i want to read with ANYONE

but whenever i invite them, boy OR girl, they always bail out and i end up finishing the book alone. again. nothing is sacred.

This. Thots were a mistake.

Attached: Vlxkn1rltgiRnSnR-NZss80sLIkCZlI7sa9CJ8oqQ1U.png (1024x625, 438K)

They want people to give them social points for reading books, that's why they have to tell everyone about it on social media.

I read books but I don't think anyone gives a shit about me.

Because women have higher verbal IQ. Its why men like to tinker with things/build things more, higher performance IQ.

>tfw low IQ at everything

What does "high verbal IQ" even entail, exactly? The ability to understand complex grammar? The ability to memorize a lot of vocabulary? I'm trying to imagine "high verbal IQ" combined with "reduced logic and reasoning" and it's not making sense to me. I've yet to meet a girl in my life who could read and comprehend something complicated like Descartes, difficult concepts like the clockwork universe etc

I like reading but feel too depressed too lately. Everything feels equally like a waste of time and I just feel sick whenever I try to do anything. I don't know girls who read. I went to my university's book club once. All normal people with shit taste and one girl who liked Nabokov who was okay.

did you post this unironically or are you actually bigbrained

have you ever tried to talk to girls at the library? i go there sometimes planning on doing it but i always chicken out because i don't want to be some library creep loser.

It means the ability to read and understand what you are reading barring literature involving mathematical or other non-verbal symbol manipulation.

A higher average doesn't mean a lot of women are distributed on the far left side of the verbal IQ distribution. Men on average have lower verbal IQs, but there are more men at very high verbal IQs than women, and more men at very low verbal IQs.

*far right side

That's fucking weird. I don't understand how normal people initiate conversations and relationships but I'm pretty sure they don't do that. Also, at my university's library at least, I think I might be the only one on campus who reads physical books for pleasure. It's just wall to wall Asians watching youtube videos and white students studying.

> That's fucking weird.
ugh here's the thing, is i completely agree with you. but i guarantee you there are people--completely regular people--who are completely innocent and average--and they think to themselves, completely innocently, "I want to talk to someone!" and they just happen to be at the library.

My theory is, if I can pretend to be one of those socially adjusted, extroverted people, then it'll just be completely normal.

I don't want to hassle reading people. I'm always down to talk but it's weird and rude to impose upon people like that. Obviously this attitude makes it extremely easy to become lonely but whatever. I don't want to bug people.

and i know that in the bottom of my heart, i'm exactly like you. i'm twenty years old, and i don't think i can stand another twenty years like this. and so i'm thinking i'm gonna try changing pretty soon. at least have to TRY before i off myself.

Fucking hell I'm such a pathetic person. How do normal people make friends?

I'm 21. The last friends I made were via this site. Found out they were at my university and met at their urging. Before that I'd been relying on a handful of people I maintained contact with from high school to stay sane. Only ever going out when approached. I feel like I'm on the outside no matter where I am or what I'm doing. I simply can't connect to people.

incels only care about status. the only reason they want a gf is so that other people will be impressed

*dabs*

Reading is absolutely a hobby, it's just up there with video games and movies to me

user from earlier. Had net trouble. You around LA by any chance?

Haha, nope. Melbourne. Australia's california, but only in the bad ways.

this bait is on the whole new level of low

Attached: fuck you.jpg (750x750, 39K)

I listen to audiobooks while playing modded Minecraft all the time. I just finished Ringworld Engineers and I'm going to listen to The City and the Stars next.

You should try it sometime, robots. It feeds your brain.

Attached: 1520132430174.jpg (520x638, 218K)

>fiction
ascend to the next level: youtube.com/watch?v=j2tMXVz9JOo&

More stuff to listen to doesn't bother me one bit. Thanks, user.

Attached: 1402146749880.jpg (700x700, 227K)

If you sincerely accept what MacIntyre has to say you'll hate everyone and everything and never be able to listen to normal people try to talk about serious issues ever again. Warning you now.

ADHD. Can't read 2 pages without getting distracted, bored or falling asleep. It's impossible for me to keep into things

I read constantly. I just finished Forever Peace by Joe Haldeman. Next on the list is All The Pretty Horses by McCarthy.

What's it like talking out of your ass?

OP made the dumbest fucking comment in history and you actually replied... I mean:

>how come girls love to read so much?

How can you take this comment seriously? Since when do girls like reading so much? About 0.0001% of the population are avid readers and that's a generous estimate, and OP comes out with "girls like to read so much".

Honestly fuck OP, fuck you, fuck everyone in this thread. You see a picture of a girl holding a book and it's evidence for an inane remark.

>I've yet to meet a girl in my life who could read and comprehend something complicated like Descartes
Have you ever actually asked a girl about Descartes, or are you just saying this because "wahh girls don't like me therefore they're stupid"?
Making assumptions without empirical evidence is a great indicator of reduced logic and reasoning.

i struggle with spending money on books. if i decide i don't like a book suddenly, i'll completely drop it and move on to a different book.

money is the reason i don't do a lot of things. i have a frugality complex. i don't like spending money in general, especially on fucking reading.

>Have you ever actually asked a girl about Descartes

I sat through a large number of philosophy and political science classes in college and the contributions of the female students were laughable.

They did a little better in literature classes because they were able to fall back on "There's no right answer, so it doesn't really matter if mine is vapid and unsupported. And don't I look cute when I try to look like I'm trying to express the ineffable? Look at me scrinch up my nose! Look at my fake cosmetic glasses that I'm wearing over my Lasiked eyes!"

>the all girls are 20 and Stacy fallacy

I can kind of attest to this. My university's book-club had a bit of this going on, only the guys were arguably worse. My autistic friends and I just asserted hard judgements the whole time and made everyone super-uncomfortable. Nobody wants to actually think about this stuff. Relativism is used as a cop-out.

>I don't want to hassle reading people.

If you're attractive, it's not hassling.

Engage in the thought experiment of making yourself the object and not the subject of the event.

>Be me
>Sitting in college library
>Lounging in beige cloth upholstered chair
>My backpack in the chair opposite
>Reading some weak ass Michael Grant consumer history of ancient Rome
>Already know everything it will say
>Why do you read this shit, self?
>Suddenly cute girl appears
>5'1"
>Big eyes
>B cup
>Tiny hands and feet
>Moves backpack with tiny hands, sits tiny butt down in chair
>"Whacha readin?"
>Day made
>Week made
>Year made
>Life made

>NUH UH THAT'S WRONG NO ONE WANTS TO BE DISTURBED WHILE READING

*Everyone* wants to be disturbed while reading by someone cute.

no one wants to hang out with women, multiply that by 100 if they're 30 or older, so it doesn't matter.

Yes, but I'm a lanky, lumpy-headed nerd. Nobody wants to spend time with me unless they're also a crazy nerd. Of course if I were a hot girl I could do whatever I wanted. Nobody needs to be told that.

Imagine you're anybody but me and I come up and ask 'watcha readin'?' How's that going to go?

This is one of the cringiest posts I've read in a while.

>how come incels don't consider reading a hobby?
I only started seriously reading a month or two ago. Before that I couldn't focus on more than a couple of pages. I don't know how I fixed myself.

>the all girls are 20 and Stacy fallacy

All girls are not Stacy. I don't consider the "Look at me, I'm Simone de Beauvoir" girls to be Stacys. But they're women, so they *absolutely* are thinking, at any given moment:

>Is this the outfit that a smart girl who's doesn't care about her image would wear?
>Am I drinking my espresso in the right Georgetown bakery?
>Did I buy the handmade leather-bound journal from Etsy that Margaret Atwood would use to write down her important thoughts while sitting drinking espresso in a French bakery?
>Do these glasses make me look like a serious girl who thinks serious thoughts?

The ones who deny being image driven are the most image driven ones of all. That's not being Stacy; that's just being a chick.

Not the person you responded to, but if a person is reading anywhere public besides a library, I think talking to them is fair game. Worst case scenario, they are curt with you and you can just go back to square one with a new girl.

>This is one of the cringiest posts I've read in a while.

That's because the truth cringes.

I'd rather not bother people. It seems awfully rude.

ADHD is just the medical term for unmotivated person

Anecdotal evidence is useless
Extroverts are less intelligent than introverts iirc, and you don't know what the quiet girls were thinking
This is like judging men based on the "ackshually" guy

Feminist Stacys are still Stacys, user. These are the types of girls you notice because they are hot and/or outspoken, don't be disingenuous.

Since lanky is a synonym for tall, a non-zero number of chicks would be delighted.

It would be slightly harder for you, sure. You'd have to hold this in reserve for when you knew a lot about the book in question, or at least its general subject area if nonfiction.

Wait, I think this might have inspired me to actually try this. Thanks so much user, saved. Wish me luck, because Im gonna need it, lmao.

Not exactly tall. bit over 180cm. More lanky just because I'm underweight. I have had a couple of girls express interest in me before but autismed away each time. I'm probably a solid 5/10 aesthetically.

Next time I'm at the book club maybe I'll try to talk in a non-autistic manner. My friend joked that the slutty Viet girl sitting next to me was giving me eyes.

>Feminist Stacys are still Stacys, user.

I would dispute that. Sure, they're in the same genus, but it's not the same species.

"Stacy" is happily a ditz. Girls who invest in image management to try (and usually fail, but that's neither here nor there) to convince you that they're Serious People are not Stacy, even when they're hot.

I don't know if there's a name for those girls yet. They really kind of need one, though. Just to clarify their classification.

>don't know if there's a name for those girls yet
Art hoe/Stacy

I always love sitting somewhere and having a big book with me something like cryptonomicon or 1984 or some shit like that bt really my phone is between the pages and im jst on facebook.

makes me look smart

Incels don't read because it's hard to pay attention to something like reading when your under constant stress from being forced into sexual repression.

i guess women have better attention spans since theyre not horny all the time.

My mind wanders off too quickly when i try to read.

I find reading to be more as a hobby like something to do when you have a lot of time and got nothing else to do on your break.