It seems that the more I try to improve myself, the more hated and rejected I become...

it seems that the more I try to improve myself, the more hated and rejected I become. even my family disowned me recently, and I got fired several months ago.

Attached: im-sorry-what.png (600x600, 130K)

What's the correlation? Seems like bad luck is all.

probably because you weren't improving as much as you think you were and they got fed up man up and accept that you did this to yourself keep self-improving bro it's tough but that's why we do it

essentially, my biggest flaws is that I was always too passive, limp, out of shape, and the butt of everyone's joke. so I started working out, and gained the confidence to be assertive for once, and not take everyone's shit, and to grab every opportunity I could.

this has caused more of a rift with people. I call others out on their shit more often, which always leads to arguments and fights that go on for hours; five hours at one point. sometimes, the fights get physical in the end, like at a bar or club, and I have to beat someone up.

one of the main people who's shit I always took was my family, so obviously I call them out too. which, as you guessed, get real ugly. for example, last thanksgiving (how cliched), the argument got so bad, that I admittedly lost my cool, and grabbed the knife my mom was wielding to cut the turkey, pinned her against the wall, and threated to cut her head off with it. they asked me to leave, or they would call the cops. been disowned since.

and finally, how I lost my job was a combination. the coworker I had been crushing on, I finally got invited to her place, and tried to move things further. but she wouldn't budge or relent, so trying to be more assertive and confident, I blasted her for it, and tried to bring her ego down. she kept trying to get me to leave, so I grabbed her and locked her in a bear hug until she calmed down. she managed to squirm free in a way that the only method I could use to restrain her again was my hand around her neck. she finally stopped, and slowly took her clothes off, which we then had sex. she then told HR that I raped her. plus, one of the new employees was a guy I got into a bar fight with before, who apparently still has a shattered cheek bone that needs constant care.

all because I tried to be more assertive, persistent, not let my guard down, or improve into a more independent, capable human being. >:/

Being aggressive and being assertive arent the same thing. Just stop taking what other people say so seriously. State your opinion, listen to theirs, make the right decision. Thats assertive. Passive or beta would be just doing what you're told, and aggressive is starting a fight over the arguement.

they are practically the same thing. taking the first step and asserting yourself over your surroundings. some people just need to be smacked down and called out, and if that means escalation, then it means escalation. that's the right thing to do. letting dipshits be dipshits, however, isn't.

kek you sound like a fuckin psycho my dude

If you can put this much effort into a shitty LARP I'm sure you can turn out life around for real.

So you raped a woman and threatened your mom with a knife. That was very assertive well done.

>Being aggressive and being assertive arent the same thing.
Kind of not seeing how they aren't. Assertion always requires some level of aggression. To assert oneself onto whatever situation they're in, or whatever object or person they're dealing with. That's always an aggressive act, even when mild.

They aren't. When you're assertive you at least take into account other people's thoughts and feelings. Being aggressive means you disregard that and you force your will onto everything.

where can i find a girl like in OP's pic?

Nice LARP. I bet you're a riot at the annual medieval faire.

You sound like you are still mentally a 13-year-old. Do us all a favor and livestream it.

Attached: A1450CF9-7ED5-433A-9500-5794B0A1097B.jpg (2544x4000, 915K)

> she kept trying to get me to leave, so I grabbed her and locked her in a bear hug until she calmed down. she managed to squirm free in a way that the only method I could use to restrain her again was my hand around her neck. she finally stopped, and slowly took her clothes off, which we then had sex

Totally not rape brah.

Attached: ZKCXVpE.jpg (1220x918, 206K)

quick question, do you use roids for your workouts?

>When you're assertive you at least take into account other people's thoughts and feelings.
... Not at all. It's being forward and taking the first step in, or to insist, declare, proclaim, and maybe even force yourself onto what it is you're doing. Those are all acts of aggression. Assertion has no requirement of the impact and after effects of someone's act. That's a different thing altogether, and domain of the events leading to or preceding from the assertion.

>Being aggressive means you disregard that and you force your will onto everything.
Those ARE examples of assertion.

no, don't want them shrinking my balls. I just feel like less of a pussy, and want to make things right.

> the fights get physical in the end, like at a bar or club, and I have to beat someone up.

>I admittedly lost my cool, and grabbed the knife my mom was wielding to cut the turkey, pinned her against the wall, and threated to cut her head off with it.

>she kept trying to get me to leave, so I grabbed her and locked her in a bear hug until she calmed down. she managed to squirm free in a way that the only method I could use to restrain her again was my hand around her neck. she finally stopped, and slowly took her clothes off, which we then had sex.

>I started working out

This is the classic behaviour of somebody who ignored all the warnings and started on Creatine. Not even once.

Attached: Creatine-Scam-or-Staple.jpg?1464386427.jpg (620x349, 102K)

The definition of "assertive" is "being forceful." :/
>When you're assertive you at least take into account other people's thoughts and feelings.
I have NO idea how you came to that conclusion.

ever tried taking other people's thoughts to acount and try to make sense of them instead of constantly assuming your argument is always the right one
like jesus christ dude, you make me think of an Elliot Rodger done better but still bad.

That has nothing to do with being assertive, in fact doing that will make you LESS assertive. It's just that a maximally assertive person is just a fucking psychopath and will end up in prison eventually.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1366x768, 62K)

That's not the point. Assertive is about being forceful and getting ahead. That's the actual meaning of the word. It has nothing to do with how you or other people feel, it's about a word which means to push forward and affirm yourself in some manner. That's literally it. Everything you described has nothing to do with that, but rather with context and other factors of that context. And judging by that description, it sounds like your talking about general empathy instead. Which is rarely inclusive to assertion, and certainly not associated with it. I do recognise your argument and see it from your perspective, but it's still provably wrong, and inaccurate. And it's sometimes by seeing it through the other person's view, you can recognise how an argument or viewpoint is wrong, and why it doesn't work.

you better life in the netherlands because i think that i just found my new best friend.

yo bro thats alpha as fuark dont let the haters get you down just read "how to win friends and influence people" and mommy's gonna forget all about that knife shit

The difference between being assertive and being aggressive is that being aggression implies an attack and assert implies a point of view.

If you punched people at random, this behavior could be described as aggressive, but calling it assertive isnt quite right. You arent asserting anything.

If OP gets in an arguement with his mom, he can argue his side and then just drop the arguement. You dont have to escalate the situation to violence to be assertive, you just needs to make your position clear.

>aggression implies an attack
"Aggression," like "assertion," are fairly neutral terms that imply forwardness, forcefulness, and proclamation. Anything regarding attacks is more in the line of context and/or impact. In addition, being assertive can be attack, depending on what's going on, and how it plays out.

>assert implies a point of view
Again, no idea where you got that from. That's more simple expression. Plus, aggression does include point of views of some sort; not just assertion.

>If you punched people at random, this behavior could be described as aggressive
It can also be counted as assertion; one that often, if not always, leads to negative outcomes. But still being assertive.

>You arent asserting anything.
You are asserting yourself and your physicality.

>If OP gets in an arguement with his mom, he can argue his side and then just drop the arguement.
Idealistically, but neither realistically, or practically.

>You dont have to escalate the situation to violence to be assertive
Sometimes you do, depending on situation. Assertion/aggression isn't exclusive to either application or restraint from violence.

>you just needs to make your position clear.
Which sometimes does mean getting physical under certain conditions; as happens all the time.

u might have gone full retard tho