What do US robots think about Universal Basic Income?

What do US robots think about Universal Basic Income?

>$1,000 a month
>remove all other benefits like welfare and food assistance to help pay for it
>fun video that explains pros and cons below
youtu.be/kl39KHS07Xc

I predict it'll come up in the 2020 election. I'd defintely vote for a candidate that makes it part of their platform.

Attached: UBI.jpg (267x189, 16K)

Doesn't matter who you vote for. Wealthyfags can buy all the necessary politicians to prevent UBI from ever happening.

No universal basic income, we should give basic income to employed & disabled people, lazy NEETS & niggers shouldnt get anything & should starve to death

Attached: AsffaKkKkwgwg.png (1064x983, 1.55M)

You're not going to get rid of groups petitioning for more money for their group. It won't be universal for all.

Instead you should be able to sell your enfranchisement to the state and let the voters decide what the benefits are.

I think you should get a job loser. UBI would decentivize my employer to keep raising my pay.

Let them starve too. They are a burden no one wants. We should just legalize suicide and distribute poison capsules instead.

Your employer is already disincentivized by the massive gap in power between employers/shareholders and employees.

My company doesn't have shareholders it's owned by one man. He is incentivized to raise our pay if we preform well and earn the company money. If the government starts giving everyone a living wage he won't need to pay us anymore than that shitty wage

Stop being poor

What about money going into the black markets/drugs etc?
Thats also a loss and directly going out of the system.
Just handing out money to everyone indiscriminately will only create more problems.
There is a need for a LOT of regulations and laws if it is ever to be fully implemented.
Also:
>implying humanity will ever achieve anything good in the civilized social existence
Everyone owns anything, and dropping out of this excuse of a society is even illegal.
There is no salvation. The only right answer is erasure.

Attached: 1848856464.png (639x462, 165K)

> He is incentivized to raise our pay if we preform well and earn the company money.
Not if cost-benefit analysis says that the savings in replacing you or paying you less outweighs the potential profits you might bring in at the higher pay grade.

I don't know what you do for a living or what goods or services your company provides, but changes don't happen in a vacuum. Things like minimum wage increases and UBI broaden the consumer base. When people in the bottom tax brackets have money, they tend to spend most or all of it. Which means the money that they receive goes right back into the economy, and much of lower bracket spending goes into the local economy.

That means that your boss has more consumers for his company, and more consumers incentivize investment in his workforce and the expansion of his company in order to meet the needs of the increased demand.

You can vilify the poor if it makes you feel better about yourself, but locking people into generational poverty only serves to hamstring our economy and deprive the nation of a greater potential.

My company recovers debt from losers who owe it. Also commercial debt from small businesses and large as well. My company is crucial to keeping the economy afloat. I already make more than $1000 dollars a month why should I opt to take less money simply because it's free?

Get a job you bum

UBI would help losers pay off their debts. Perhaps that's the problem, then. Harder to profit off of keeping people in poverty if the government starts to reduce your leverage? I guess that would translate into a pay cut for you after all.

It won't work. Rich people dodge too much taxes. They'd throw the biggest fit in the world if they had to pay a fare share. You can look at the richest men in the world complaining taxes are not fair, they dodge it like everyone else. It's not to make a point about how easy it is. It's because they just want to say that and look good. They'll hold a grudge over anyone that makes them do it. It's an open threat on their part and they have enough money to make good on it. Bill gates would wait till you find the love of your life and for you to knock her up then rip the child out of her stomach as an aborted fetus and eat it alive in front of you if he had to pay anymore in taxes and thought you'd get a part of it.

Giving some money to someone so they can have an okay life at minimum is a nice thought.
But giving infinite money to an exponentially increasing bloodline of people that aren't contributing anything until the end of time is obviously too great of a burden.
The best use of basic income is to use it to disincentivize the reproduction of the non-contributors that would rely on it.

Then loaners can increase their rates knowing that they will get more money because of UBI and corporate owners will have more reasons to skim on their taxes

Sterilizing them is always an option

are you dumb? I work in debt recovery. I need people to be in debt, if people weren't in debt my company wouldn't have work to do. in fact the more debt the better, I need losers to be terrible with money.
debt is necessary for the economy, but you will understand this when you finish high school.

I work in the horse and buggy industry. I need people to ride in buggies, if people didn't ride in buggies my company wouldn't have work to do. In fact the more horses and buggies the better, horses and buggies are necessary for the economy, but you will understand this when you finish high school.

the harder you work the more you should have but it's just crazy to have it so some people have like 20 mansions and take 30k dollar golf trips overseas and shit but there's people dying on the subway sleeping and shit

The only solution is a bloody revolution. That's why we need to keep the second amendment until the time comes.

did not realize that this was a cringe thread afterall

I agree that people dying under a bridge is a shitty thing but, forcing people to hand over their cash is going to look a lot worse than promoting charity causes and inavating ways to make the homeless better off

If it's funded by denying welfare payments to those who really need them, I'm strongly opposed.

If it isn't, I'm still opposed because it's inefficient. Much better to create government jobs for everyone who wants one.

Wealthyfags aren't all against UBI. Some see it as a worthwhile distraction to the real issues. They regard it as their best chance of maintaining and increasing the power they have over the poor.

There is literally no cost to people who actually own meaningful business with UBI. If anything, they obviously benefit from a larger customer base who can waste all $1,000 on their product at the beginning of every month, and the burden is borne across the entire economy,

The only people upset about UBI are butt-hurt "middle class" republicans who feel that owning a microwave elevates them above the working poor, and are horrified that the poor might be able to afford decent close a microwave every week! Oh no! Now there will be no way to know who to shit on on public transit! Society is falling apart!

Debt and credit are components of a functional economy, this is absolutely true. But here's the thing, you work in debt recovery. Which means you don't need people to be in debt, you need people to DEFAULT on their debt. What you need is a breakdown in the creditor-debtor relationship, wherein the debtor is for whatever reason unable to uphold their end of the deal.

Your company, and by extension you personally, profit off of economic dysfunction. This dysfunction is bad for the creditor and bad for the debtor - it's bad for our overall economy when people can't lend because of an expectation that they will not be repaid. But at least you're getting yours, right?

So...communism?

>owning a microwave elevates them above the working poor
What decade are you posting from?

>Classes
>Currency
>A state
not communism

the commies have subverted this generation

So your solution is to cut out the middle class and polarize the rich and poor even more?

That's what's already been happening for a while now, and why would UBI cut out the middle class or increase the gap between the top and bottom?

>But at least you're getting yours, right?
I work a job and earn a wage like everyone else. The only difference is I don't expect to be paid for doing no work and that is what UBI is. If everyone got paid "just enough to live on" then nobody would need or want to work.

Debt collection is essential to an economy that thrives on debt, you will understand this later when you are past the age of 18

How do you guys have so many phone numbers? I get a collection call every day and I can't block them

UBI isn't a substitute for employment, it's a supplement and not enough to live in any meaningful way on its own. The idea that all or even large segments of the workforce would suddenly drop out if they had $1k a month has no basis in reality. That $1k also doesn't just disappear into a black hole - it gets spent on goods and services, creating more demand and more jobs, helping to create more opportunities for people to rise out of poverty. Not to mention that people often derive a sense of purpose from work beyond just a paycheck.

Making it harder for people to pay their debts is not a good thing, even if a middle man can step in to make a profit. It hurts the broader economy when people default on their debts. The economy works best for everybody when people can lend and those debts can be repaid. The reality is that we'll never have 100% of all debts paid, but the goal is to move towards having more repaid and not less.

You persist in trying to rationalize your own existence while ignoring the bigger picture, and you keep trying to denigrate my intelligence and maturity as though it were a substitute for a lack of an argument.