Why did everything fall apart in 2007?

Why did everything fall apart in 2007?

Attached: 2007Complete.jpg (3335x1403, 1.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickard_v._Filburn
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It didn't fall apart, it transitioned and you were unable to adapt

the financial crisis

This

I'm assuming you are still youngish OP. You're gonna be in for hell of a ride if you don't learn to adapt.

>youngish

I'm 30

The idea that everything was fine until 2007 and then everything went to crap is absurd.

Introduction of the iPhone shifts market and customer attention towards the self. Some blame The Big Bang Theory for the bastardization of nerd culture but it was really smartphones that enabled the giant amount of attentionwhoring that caused the decline of civilization.

2006/2007 was peak MySpace. Then end of 2007 was when normies started flocking onto Facebook. Everything has gone downhill since then.

MFW people took Facebook way too seriously. Normies, holy shit, get off my internet.

I spent my teens on gaming forums where everything was for shits and giggles. You had the occasional drama with people taking the games way too seriously, but it wasn't a forum where you shared details from your private life. Occasionally people did post pictures and if they were from the same city, they occasionally did meet up with each other, but it was mostly for laughs or LAN parties. I would occasionally browse Jow Forums occasionally, but again, it was mostly for laughs or for sourcing degenerate material (eg. goatse) to send to people on the forum, who you did not like.

When MySpace came along, one could suddenly connect with strangers and friends-of-friends. A few of my classmates had profiles, but it was mostly people who were used to using the internet already. We would put up pictures and chat up girls, but most of the profile details were fake or made for laughs. From what I saw, myspace was very much like a grand forum, which was used as a chat room to start conversations with people who you had seen at school but had not yet talked to.

... but along came Facebook, and the normies all loved it. Somehow, more and more of them were joining onto there, mostly girls, and through word of mouth. It was rather shocking at first how they used facebook as a representation for who they were in RL. They would put up pictures for strangers to see. They would reveal details about where they were, and who they were with. If you had ever used the internet before Facebook, these were all things that you learned not to do. However, Facebook users were noobs to the internet, and what more, they were normies. They had never used forums or anything prior to this, and all of the sudden, they began posting their whole lives online. I was in senior year in 2007, and would laugh at how they took all of this shit way too seriously.

Fast forward 10 years, everyone and their dog has a facebook account, except people like us. I hope it dies soon.

Attached: kikeBook.jpg (1198x525, 114K)

Unironically Facebook. The internet was destined to become mainstream anyway, but FB accelerated the process massively and in the most undesirable ways.

I truly believe from the bottom of my heart that twitter is one of the worst things to ever happen to mankind.

Attached: 1526630622477.jpg (739x971, 117K)

The internet is a normie playground.

Chanonology raids were the beginning of the end. Took like ten years to see the full fruits of the decline, but that was the start.

The seeds of destruction were sown in 2007 but I don't think things fell apart until 2012-13.

If anything it felt like something new and brilliant was happening during 08-12.

The wii is a fucking masterpiece. The Wii U on the other hand...

I swear to God once Instagram rolled around every chick I dated and her friends were suddenly into traveling, checking out new places and taking group selfies just so they can out do other girls and their friend ship circles. It really changed people for the worse.

>tfw still play my WiiU games and use it as a Netflix/Hulu machine
It's not bad, just could have been SO MUCH BETTER. I still won't buy the Switch after playing both my friends', too many issues

no 2007 was not year of problems, september-december of 2008 is start of disaster,which year AIG demolished
and everything starts getting expensive

not only financial, media starts die too
TV,music,internet culture everything going to shit
I felt it from skin that was not only in america

I never understood what drew so many people to facebook. There was stuff like myspace, but that was aimed at a specific audience. Facebook somehow became popular with absolutely everyone and dwarfed the competition.

You're absolutely right. 2012 for me is when the Universe decided to split into the most retarded timeline.

Attached: 1531751751826.jpg (482x482, 25K)

Modern Warfare 1 is still the best Call of Duty title.

>wii
>released november 2006

ease of use. Myspace was too customizable, and the customizing wasn't extremely easy.

> 2007

1997 seems more like it. Maybe even 1987

>not liking K-On and moe
>not liking Game of Thrones
>thinks post 2D Fallout is shit

Get a load of this faggot

Yeah, while the seeds were sown in 2007-08 with the social media/smart phone revolution and financial crisis, there was still a lot of optimism. There was legitimately a lot of hope surrounding Obama, only the biggest wing nut tea partiers really hated him. Even this website was pro Obama as hard as it is to believe.
Shit really changed in 2011 and I think it was largely the failure of the Arab Spring. The US made a huge geopolitical gamble and lost and as a result the current world order is crumbling

>liking game of thrones
fuck off normie drone

>as hard as it is to believe
Everything these days seems to caricature of what they once were except 100% serious.

Everyone who uses the internet is a normie, this is undisputable

2004 was when everything started crumbling

The information superhighway was a place of anarchy in the way that any sort of opinion or ideology was able to simply pass through untouched. It was a playground, and the only ever place where freedom existed for millenia. It was eventually put on the political and social rails of control, speeding the internet on to where it is now, controlled by
And so, the process towards morphing the internet into what it is now (and what is to come yet) actually came around earlier than you would expect, 2001 really. The year 2007/8 is just where it began taking effect.

Attached: 4AC0F2F6-A2B9-410B-A111-09385E14FD77.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

>failure of the Arab Spring
I think you're wrong there. In my view Occupy Wall Street was the turning point (kind of like an Arab Spring for the western world). The 2008 crisis was pretty bad, but OWS really drove home the fact that the era of early 2000s prosperity was gone for good, and that we were entering a new era in which economic trouble could be directly connected with social upheaval.

>(and what is to come yet)
How much worse could it get? It's basically wall-to-wall advertisements for pointless products.

You'll see. Web 3.0 will come coming eventually, aka the internet of things. It will interconnect every aspect of your life to society, effectively making it, in itself, a more effective tool of mind control than religion ever was.

>a more effective tool of mind control than religion ever was.
I thought Web 3.0 was supposed to be the opposite of that.

I want to leave this ride anons.

just don't talk shit about portal, that's a fine game

too good for it's own good. it was too good at teaching it's own mechanics, therefor enabling any moron to be able to play it

why did the whole emo/scene thing have to go away? todays alternative scene is so fucking shit it's not even funny. it's all sjws and nu-males and shit fucking flavor of the month meme music
bring back the brutal shit like bmth and suicide silence and the hot scene girls

i'd take the people wearing naruto headbands over the ironic aheago sluts any day

*siiiips*

Attached: 1531727067330.jpg (1280x1918, 361K)

Most, if not all, subcultures and niches started to merge into a monoculture.

There is no alt scene.

Fuck off, phones did nothing wrong

Who id this girl? Gggggg

What's it going to look like?

Occupy Wallstreet also demonstrated that:
>Yes, corporations do own you, and the government
>No, the government doesn't give a shit about its citizens.
>We'll spend billions to bail-out bankers and auto-industries, who destroyed their own markets due to their own negligent practices, but we can't give you decent public education or universal healthcare because it "costs too much"
>Meanwhile, Trump prepares for another golf excursion at one of his Maralago resorts.

There is no "America" anymore, especially after Trump being elected.
This is just a country I happen to work and live in.

Internet got HUGE and normies invaded it with social media.

The last year I was happy was 2007
Can't believe it has been 11 years already. So unreal, time flies by so fucking fast.

Because it also happened around 1990, 2001, 2012, and 2016.

>especially after Trump being elected.
I don't want to derail the thread but like the corporations wanted Hillary. Trump's harder to control for them.

>There is no "America" anymore, especially after Trump being elected.
>This is just a country I happen to work and live in.
At least Trump still pretends there's an America. Trudeau is on record saying that Canada is a post-national state.

Kekistan is the alternative scene

Attached: Sad but true.jpg (680x278, 78K)

The fuck is that "history of anime" image doing there. It's an obvious parody.

>Trump's harder to control for them.

Right...
Which is why every state department (Education, EPA, FCC, etc) has undergone regulatory capture?
Because Trump is "harder to control"?

2007 was the best year of my life. I was 12 and up to my eyeballs in preteen pussy.

Eh, I'm not convinced. You sound like a typical 16-year-old just trying to be deep by talking about things you don't really understand.

>implying the wii and icarly are bad
Though admittedly Drake and Josh was far superior

Well you see, it's like explaining science to a flat-earther, or an anti-vaxxer.
I don't care whether or not you're convinced, I'm just stating the facts.
You can observe them or ignore them at your own peril.

Get off this board now you disgusting normie

Fucking upvoted user
Not a week goes by these days where I do not lament the departure of emo/scene girls
At least we still have final fantasy and kingdom hearts

Attached: 75DB2523-2F2D-4A56-B578-8815A15E6016.jpg (1024x1365, 341K)

No angry cartoon frog? You're not even trying, user.

Not saying he's a good president but better a buffoon than a neoliberal devil like Hillary right?

Corporations own your world.

>At least we still have final fantasy and kingdom hearts
What the fuck are you talking about? Literally everything is part of the mainstream. There's normies doing aheago hentai faces.

The Benoit tragedy forever ruined WWE. They went TV-PG the following year and have yet to regain their popularity

Attached: 090625AllBenoit.jpg (641x380, 57K)

>grade 7 and 8
>emo/scene girls really like me
>have a crush on one of them
>all of my friends hate them
>don't want to be left out and bullied like I was in the past
>hate them as well
>nothing ever comes of my crush
>those friends stopped being my friends in high school
Biggest fucking mistake of my life and is the number one reason why I ended up in this hellhole and miserable life.

rise of the smartphone
this meant any normie could access the internet whenever they want

Spoke like someone who wasn't there desu. 2007-2012 was like an awful remaking of the world into the swag yolo bs culture.

You're only 30? Jesus, we need to bump the age limit from that 18 garbage. This is ridiculous.

dude its so fucking transparent
>the bio
>fucking posser who likes edgy things
it will take you 2 minutes of conversation when you figure it out and that in fact she doesnt even does half of the shit she posted

>Corporations own your world.
You do realize you can grow your own food, build your own homes, and take your own safety measures and never come on contact with the 'corporations mannnnnnn' right? If you don't like the streamlined lifestyle provided for you then opt out.

It was a fucking terrible year. Personally it was an awful year too. No coincidence it's the year I started coming to Jow Forums.

Web 3.0, the internet and irl making contact. smartphones destroying women completely.
Really there's a lot of crap that happened in 2007 responsible for the current hell we live in but the year by itself wasn't so bad.

It was kind of fun in the beginning because it was centered around your college and not everyone could join it.

>Web 3.0
It's still 2.0 at the moment.

>you can grow your own food
Not if one (such as a farmer) can speculate that it will impact the market.
Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickard_v._Filburn
tl:dr; guy wanted to grow his own wheat, to use as feed for animals on his farm. Ruling basically said that him NOT buying wheat from the market was damaging to the market, and this illegal. ["if it exerts a substantial economic effect on interstate commerce and this irrespective of whether such effect is what might at some earlier time have been defined as 'direct' or 'indirect]

>you can build your own homes
Not if they aren't constructed according to building-codes.

>and take your own safety measures
...like what, culturing my own penicillin?
performing surgery on myself if I get appendicitis?

You're a fucking moron mate.
The point of a government is to hold up its society, because everybody needs to depend on one another. That is what a society is. Social interdependency.
The farmer doesn't have to learn medicine because there's a doctor.
The doctor doesn't have to learn engineering to make tools, because there's an engineer.
The engineer doesn't have to learn filming to make an entertaining movie for themselves, because there's a cinematographer.
The cinematographer doesn't have to learn fighting, because there's a policeman.
The policeman doesn't have to grow his own food, because there's a farmer.

The real issue is when you get some asshat who wants to use all the social services provided to them, but contribute nothing back to them.
E.g. Republicans.

Why must you do this to me.
blox

Attached: 0cc.jpg (633x640, 47K)

Keeping up with the Kardashians

>E.g. Republicans.
And the democrats, I feel like I need to point out that your democrats would be considered right wing in euro countries.