Tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day

>Tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day

Anyone here managed to quit?

Attached: cig.jpg (640x506, 107K)

how many more times are you going to post this?

For every cigarette I smoke.

so you're farming for stories
gotcha

>kicked drug addict out of my bar last night
>was medium intense
>bar full of great local patrons
>don't want them to worry
>want to keep their business
>on phone with police
>guy in my face
>you shall not pass
>police show
>guy leaves
>police look so tired of this crap
>place is ok now
>have employee cover the bar
>rainy smoke out back

I don't think I'll ever completely quit

lol why not 80? just make it a round 4 packs a day you worthless leaf

Back to /b/ with you, faggot

Quit in 2003. Just stop you fag. Its tough but you have to tell yourself you're an non-smoker and use your willpower.

>166993673
yes
smoked for 20 years
quit by buying a huge bag of pot and smoked a joint every time i wanted a cig.
got so stoned i smoked myself to sleep everynight for two weeks because i was used to a cig after a joint.

after that i lost the taste for them and cut back almost completely on pot too.(i use it for pain,maybe a joint a day total)
i still like the smell of cigs but the taste makes me want to barf if i do take a drag off a friends smoke.
been 8 years since i smoked cigs.

>smoking a cigarette every 12.8 minutes for every waking hour of the day

Can't you just cut back to having one every hour or so?

Quit cold turkey. Chew a shitload of sunflower seeds and avoid people as much as you can for a week or so because you're going to be angry as hell. And have a little bit of willpower so you don't turn into one of those assholes who constantly talks about how they're quitting but never makes it more than a few days.

Anti Depressant Well butrin (used to be marketed as Zyban as a no smoking aid). It really works somehow it blocks whatever pleasure you get from smoking and then smoking just becomes gross and you give it up.

seen your posts a lot around here mate
if you don't want to smoke, then dont smoke

Attached: concerned_fruit.jpg (426x386, 38K)

nah he's gotta be one of those idiots who buys 25 packs

I was able to quit cold turkey, but it took me a few tries. Once you get past 3 days your brain chemistry changes and it becomes significantly easier not to smoke. Been 7 years cigarette free now

I started smoking when I was 7. back then you could buy 15 packs and I went through one of these every few days. By the time I was 14 I was up to a pack+ a day and then by my 20's I was smoking 2+ packs a day, 3-4 if drinking or working long hours. For 20 years I had my first smoke lit before actually getting out of bed.
I quit last year at age 40, cold turkey, I threw all of my shit out. I had just bought 4 cartons, it was a huge waste of money. I didn't even try to return them because I had made a decision and wanted to get on with it.

I have not smoked any tobacco since, nor do I want to. I don't vape, chew, anything.
I did two things: I told somebody I have no respect for that I would never smoke again. I would literally rather die then give him the satisfaction of failing at anything. Spite is a powerful tool, extremely. It can pull you through all kinds of ordeals. I'm not kidding.

The other thing that did it for me was just being free of the logistics of smoking. No more count down until you have to go find a store, both hands perfectly free at all times, extra money (I was spending about $600 a month on smokes/cigars).
There are positives to quitting, immediate positives. So I just focused on those, and learned to appreciate them. Like no more ashtrays.
And you start to recover quick. I got a flu about 6 months after quitting, and instead of the usual week+ of extreme chest issues, I was ok in a few days.
And I'm an idiot, like an actual idiot, I called in stupid to work one day because I put both of my legs in the same pantleg and put my face through a table. Stone sober.
If I can quit, you can quit. Literally just decide that you want to, and then do it.
You will have to quit some day, might as well be on your own terms.

this, fucking manchild

Attached: 1516832480834.png (359x555, 273K)

>tfw I used to laugh at smokers until my alcohol habit started to become crippling
I really never should have, my uncle used to smoke. Just remember that it usually takes multiple attempts to quit and don't give up, brother.

Attached: 1517548355075.jpg (747x766, 233K)

Some provinces sell smokes in 25 packs, like mine (Alberta) you could only get 20 packs of American smokes for many years.

I never started, smoking is for subhumans.

I quit for a couple years once. But a giant thanksgiving dinner with no cigarette afterwards? Fuck that, it's better than sex.

>and don't give up, brother.
That's the biggest part. If you actually want to quit, you have to be ready to tell yourself "No". A lot. At first, you'll probably be doing it a dozen times a minute, depending on how addicted you are.
You can't slide on it, you can't take it easy. Best way to deal with it is to fulfill the oral fixation with something else (most chew gum) and to get your mind on something else (take up an involved hobby, exercise, etc.)

>I would literally rather die then give him the satisfaction of failing at anything.

Attached: laughingelfman.jpg (256x353, 26K)

self control, holy shit

Quiting smoking isn't that difficult. This book can help "Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking"

If you want to go hard mode try quitting benzos, that shit is tough.

>Anyone here managed to quit?
Yep. Just stop doing it, and realize that the withdrawal will happen and stick it out.

Nicotine gum helps, but I haven't even used any of that for about 10 years either.

50 cigs a day , 16 mg each.
Quit 8 yrs ago .
went from patches to gum

I doubt you can afford that you fucking neet

>this makes no sense

Yeah, I've managed. All you gotta do is stop buying them, for real.
I know that sounds super fuckin' retardedly difficult, but it's not. You wanna know the real motivator? Just take all the money you would be spending on cigarettes, and keep it in cash. Don't spend it, just keep it on your desk. In my case I spent 120 per month on smokes. I'm looking at 480 on my desk right now, and it's a pretty good motivator not to go smoke anymore.
Think selfishly, stack cash.

I was a smoker for years. I'd quit if I got into a relationship and the girl hated smoking.

The only way I was able to quit permanently was by turning Christian. It's written in the good book not to get drunk and to respect your body so I had to give up smoking just to respect my religion.

Already a month in and down to 4 pcs a day
Ima make it bros

T. Smoker of 8 years

Attached: 15230470211402091268911.jpg (4032x2268, 3.84M)

A week ago i put the patch on, fell asleep with it, had the most fucked up dream i ever had, picked up smoking again. Quitting is not worth it.

this.

55 year old MGTOW BOOMER.
I smoke 1.5 packs a day and am stronger than ever. You young kids should not be afraid of smoking. Oh and get in the payrolls please and contribute to social security if you can.

It really has to be spur of the moment, fuck it I'm done decision. Don't plan on quitting "this weekend or on Monday"

Destroy all of your smokes, lighters ash trays etc. Don't finish your last cigarettes. Destroy them.

Wear a bracelet or something to remind yoursef in a few days that you no longer smoke. I know that part sounds gay af but your mind will try to convince yourself that hey, you went a week. You deserve to have one. You don't. You no longer smoke, remember?

You'll be completely free in about 6 months. Just like the day before you smoked your first cigarrette. You'll walk into a store and not even notice them behind the counter.

>more than 3 and a half packs
lol. If a mosquito bites OP it dies from nicotine poisoning.

I quit with a vape. May look like I'm sucking Megatron dick but it's cheaper and doesn't make my body feel like shit so idc

Whenever I hear the cliche line of, "Love conquers all/is the most powerful force in the world," I think bullshit and refer to my mental list of: Nukes, bio-weapons, genocide, and Canada. user, you quitting smoking because of spite makes my list.

>use your willpower
but that's the reason i smoke. i have strong will to do it

Jesus Christ how horrifying
It doesn't even feel all that good to smoke cigs, how the fuck can you smoke more than like one per week is beyond me.
I thought y'all leafs switched to Kush anyway, are you some sorta oldfag?

>smoking
haha faggot
I live in a country with like 90% smokers, I am disgusted by all of them and wish them a faster death

Attached: 1505158609831.jpg (575x556, 39K)

You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site because you are under the age of 18.

>It doesn't even feel all that good to smoke cigs
It's different when you're addicted. You don't get the headrush and shit like normies do. You become spacey and irritable without them. When you're addicted: it's not to make you better/feel good, it's to return you to normalcy.

Buy a fucking juul, it’s cheaper in the long run and you don’t smell like shit

You must have an iron jaw by now.

I found the best way to quit is to ween yourself off like a baby on the breast.

Bring down your smoking by 1/5th everyday until you're down to 3 cigs a day--one of the morning, one for noon, and one at night.

Do a week of that...then narrow it down to 2--one when you wake, and one before you sleep.

Then one.

Then one morning, none.

This is bad advice that will prolong your suffering. Do it cold turkey.

Stop cluttering the board with this bullshit

There are two types of people in the world, those that smoke, and those that don't. Decide which one you are.

If you don't want to smoke, don't do it. It's not that hard. I smoke, and I don't give a fuck. I enjoy it. You know, those things will kill you! So what? Pick your poison.

Do you want to live forever, faggot?

If you want to smoke, smoke. If you don't want to smoke, don't. It really is that simple.

Attached: smokingsnake.jpg (750x600, 94K)

I'm a bartender. I know those feels

Fookin' hell mate.

Do you really want to quit? No, you don't. You don't want to quit because you think it will be hard. You think it will be hard because you don't understand the nature of cigarette addiction.

Step 1: Read Allen Carr's book. Congrats you are no longer a smoker.

Step 2 (optional) Start smoking again. You'll want to at some point. The first cigarette after even a week off, will do absolutely nothing for you because you are no longer addicted to nicotine. BUT, there ARE actual mental benefits to being addicted to cigarettes. So if you like those benefits, just fucking keep smoking. Pick a sane regimen (say two or three after breakfast, one after other meals), and live your damn life.

The point in all this is that you need to realize just how WEAK cigarette addiction is. You won't be able to see this until AFTER you've read Carr's book and have quit for a while.

Attached: 23332.jpg (338x499, 36K)

Smokers are adults addicted to pacifiers. Dependent on drugs delivered in a little white paper cock. It's a pathetic weakness.

Glad to see the daily big tobacco shill thread is up and running.

Attached: 1522880747493.png (412x350, 41K)

Yes..
No money, no cigs..

To broke to smoke

You are weak.

I really love this post. Nice.

i quit smoking
in 2010. i startedsmoking cigs from clovesmokes fake cigarettes. went as long as i could then said fuck it. went on for about 2 weeks of cutting down. first day to 8 or lower cigarettes. then 6, then never over 5 1/2 again after that. day before last was like 2 and maybe a half
tldr fag

Halo makes a good one too. And they don't look fucking retarded.

This can't possibly be a real thing people do on a regular basis. You would maybe be able to do this one or two days, but I refuse to believe anyone actually smokes 75 cigarettes every single day for months or years at a time.

Quit two weeks ago today. Got a little Smok Infinix vape thing with nicotine and I never had another cig. Wife still smokes cigs and I haven’t even wanted one. My lungs and chest feel tons better, I don’t stink, and no more nicotine stain on my middle finger. And no more $12 a day. You can do it op.

NOPE. Didn't quit . 42 yrs habit
BUT, on the upside kicked a gigantic heroin habit, which was easier than tobacco.
That meme is true.

Honestly, just start vaping. It makes quitting easy and since it already has a stigma of its own, it is much easier to quit after you're done smoking.

I haven't smoked in months.

It was just pointless to keep smoking.

Here's my story: I stopped
How people still smoke knowing how unhealthy they are is beyond me. Smoking tobacco occasionally is fine but smoking packs a day is fucked, you're either a moron or have zero self control

I successfully semi-quit with vaping but nothing compares to real tobacco. I'm mostly stuck inside all day so the convenience of just having to go into the bathroom for a vape instead of going outside helps. But it's not the same. There are compounds in tobacco that make the nicotine much more pleasurable and addictive. It's very similar to weed. Once I got my med card I was able to try out different vape cartridges that just used THC isolate and flavors. They sucked and never got me truly stoned so I hated them. But then I tried a cartridge that used a full spectrum extract that got the complete resin contents in cannabis and I was as high as ever. I think tobacco is the same way in that the nicotine by itself "works" in a sense because it's the main compound in tobacco, but the other biomolecules in tobacco work in synergy with the nicotine to make much more pleasurable and relaxing.

I hear there are vaporizers made exclusively to vape tobacco leaf that are just getting patented and evaluated by the FDA as a "less harmful alternative to smoking" that will truly let people have their cake and eat it too, just like cannabis users who switch from smoking flower to vaping/dabbing full spectrum extracts and swear there's no difference in effects or experience other than the act of smoking.

75 a day? You're beyond saving dude, that's fucked. I smoke 3 times a day and I don't even consider myself addicted

Haven't had one in a year. Wanted to go nuts after 3 days. Just keep yourself busy and 3 days turn into 3 weeks. It takes some serious determination to quit.

You know how my father quit?
He got a stroke

Yes. Smoked for around 9 years. Quit cold turkey and don’t want to ever go back. Get The Easy Way by Allen Carr. Read it then re read it if it doesn’t stick. Believe and internalize everything he tells you. It’s basically how to change your mind from thinking quitting is hard to realizing it is easy. That guy was an unheard of saint. It worked for me.

Weed helped too.

just remember something from before when you smoked. then say, like i used to go, im not going to ever somke, why would i/ it just seemed like something to do, maybe its one of them cool things, whio knows who cares, and its i heard addictive. who the fuck cares
and i went, dont stop quit smoking.
now somebody dont go write a fucking book and put what i wrote in it

Head not this evil kike. Ignore his vile poison words. The guy who wrote the book I told you of smoked 100-150 a day. Five packs or more and he did it. Read what he says.

Just quit fucking going inside convenience stores.

So many tImes I would go into a store and walk out with a pack despite trying to quit, brain just took over on autopilot. Stay the fuck away from anywhere that sells them.

75 a day? You're dead if you don't quit.

I quit a 20 a day habit. I started by moving over to the e-cig. After a while, I moved on to nicotine gum. After a couple more months, I could quit that and get off nicotine altogether, and I've never smoked since.

Two years since I quit and it's nearly all upside. 99.9% of the time I don't even think about them.

he died of lung cancer you stupid fuck. So will OP depending on how old he is.

I smoke 4-5 a day and it's still fucked up.

Sigh-entology cured Tom "Homo Novus" Cruise of "cover hostility"

Attached: MattLousyHomoNovus.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

>managed

For more than 65 years we know its poisonous
Everybody know it's expensive, the benefits are way to small for the downsides.

You started to smoke after 1950? You have no excuses.

Kill yourself...

I quit using a simple trick. Every time I felt like smoking, I didn't.

> I started smoking when I was 7

7??? Where are you from? Nunavut or Québec?

I smoked from 2007-2013, then for two months in 2015. Have not had one since then. Here's how I did it:

>bought final pack, made an event out of it
>declared that once that pack was gone, I could not buy another.
>I could smoke as long as I wanted, but could not buy another pack, ever
>I was no where near the smoker you are, but it's all proportional. I cut my intake by 75% right off the bat. Went down to about 4 smokes a day. Chose when I smoked wisely
>As the pack dwindled, I wanted to preserve it more, so I slowed down.
>Would see how long into the day I could go before I had to smoke, then would try make that one last until bedtime
>had one at the end of the day
>The pack lasted over a month, because I eventually decreased to one or zero per day.

For you, to wean from 3 packs a day, I would recommend you buy 3 packs (all at once!) and never buy again. Even map out a time line:

>April 6, 7, 8, 9 - 10 smokes per day
>April 11, 12, 13, 14 - 5 smokes per day
>April 15, 16, 17, 18 - 3 smokes per day
>April 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 - 2 smokes per day
>etc.

Good luck, OP. Although I "missed" smoking for over a year after I quit, I have never regretted quitting. And furthermore, when I fell off the wagon, I smoke four packs over two months and then cut it right out. And after that long without a cigarette, the first one was fucking disgusting. Try to get to that stage.

>started smoking & drinking
>did fuckton of drugs
>quit everything after a year
>moved countries
probably will do drugs aggain, but only for a limited time, staying sober most of the time
all you have to do is make a concious choice that you're done

Can't argue with the "pick your poison" logic, but dying of lung cancer is a particularly bad way to go, especially since it's hard for your family to watch to dwindle and die. I, personally, want to go quick; not spend the last six months of my life barely able to breathe.

I just started chewing nicorette and never looked back

What do you niggers smoke? Winston master race here.

Yeah, I smoked to be cool since primary school. Then I just quit because fuck it, i learned its degenerate. Just don’t be a degenerate weakling. If you can’t quit, just go kill yourself.
>t. Mature daddy type

when was smoking ever degenerate

Im probably gonna get shit for this but i cut back by vaping. I smoke one pack a day if i need any more i just hit the vape a few times.

Used to be Export A dark blue, regular. The golds were smoother, but I didn't like them as much.

I used to smoke like two or three packs a day. Shits expensive

Tbqh, how is it possible to smoke that much and survive? I know people used to do it a lot in the old days too when smoking was everywhere.

Man I would be up for some /ciggy/ general, where we would circlejerk about how we are somehow getting rid of the tobacco jew.
Literally lighting up just as I type.
FUck man.

rip lungs

smoke up johnny

on it Mr. Marlborostein

people who went into a comma 20 years ago dont know that smoking is expensive
90 cents a pack marlboros expensive
get a job nigger

Your lungs rot and detach and the empty cavity that your lungs used to fill becomes a lung. Idk.

Screen capped