ITT: We recommend each other hobbies

For the past weeks my depression has sky rocketed to an all time high. I have now abandoned all of my other "hobbies" like vidya, anime, etc. For the last 6 months all I've been doing was waking up, walking out of my bed to sit at my computer, leaving only for bathroom or food, until it's time to sleep. And I've grown tired of it. Depression has sucked the life out of everything in my life. What are some constructive hobbies that will make me seem like a more interested person, and less like a lazy basement dwelling losers who's only skill is how many times he can fap in a day?

Attached: Ichigo Kurosaki (19).jpg (1024x768, 91K)

I've been teaching myself acoustic guitar, doing duo lingo, and FreeCodeCamp. I'll never use any of the skills but it's a nice break from Vidya/masturbating

>hobbies
Learn an instrument or some other art form (guitar will help you get laid more than the rest). Try your hand at programming. Read about history and philosophy to become more interesting (but please don't be "that guy").

Basically, try things that don't come easily to you. Challenge yourself to stimulate growth.

I guess I'll pick up an instrument, I already know a decent amount about history and philosophy, but I don't see how I would be able to use that in today's modern normalfag conversations with out seeming like "THAT GUY", so I'll pass on that. Coding seems interested, I've dabbled with Unity and tried to make games, wasn't really good, but I guess I could give it another shot, since it's what I plan on persuing for a career. Which instrument should I try ?

Attached: 1531338824738.jpg (768x768, 422K)

Coding has a steep learning curve, but once it begins to click, it's very exciting if you like that stuff. I would advise checking out online courses for it.
FreeCodeCamp is great, but I don't think its beginner friendly enough to total greenhorns. Check out courses on Udemy. They're cheap as hell for what you get, but it's still ultimately up to you to put in the time.

OP here again, I have a question for you anons. Don't be offended by this, but would you consider your selves normal fags? I can tell by the way you guys talk, especially . The reason I'm asking is because I'm a robot who has terrible social anxiety. I mean I literally FEAR people. Sometimes I don't leave my room for months.
I've tried to reintergrate back into normalshit society numerous times only to fail miserably. Since then I've given up, but I really want to succeed. I know plenty of other robots may be satisfied living a life all alone like this, and most of them are probably lying to themselves, but I don't like living like this. Humans are social creatures, it's no wonder I can't find happiness locked up in my dark smell room. But my social anxiety is so overwhelming, so crippling, that I cant even walk out my front door. Please help me anons. I'm crying right now, I don't know what to do and I'm scared. I'm sorry for the blog post but I really need to let someone know.

Attached: 1513125735069s.jpg (125x116, 3K)

I'm not a normalfag, but I'm not a full blown robot. I don't like people, but I'm very good with them. Tasted the Chad life as a teen, but withdrew socially as an adult.

As lame as it might seem: Read "How to Win Friends and Influence People". The advice therein comes off as trite and cheesy, but it really works for the average person. I can't guarantee you results, but what do you possibly have to lose? People might think you're weird? If you're as awkward as you say, they probably already think that, so shoot for the moon.

Somewhat related: Look up Jocko Podcast. He might be able to help your self-esteem.

Thank you kind user, I've tried posting here for help many times only to have my thread archived with no replies. Seems like everyones busy posting trap shills and race bait and complaining about women. It's nice knowing there are cyborgs like you that stick around to give guys like me advice. Keep it up, because you may not realize, but posts like these stop guys like me from an heroing.

Attached: miafuckingmoto.jpg (343x362, 17K)

Sounds like Jow Forums in a nutshell. Granted, you're on r9k. I'd wager that a solid 90% of the posters here are self-absorbed virgins with rage.
The best advice I can give is this: DO NOT waste your life sitting on your ass. Sure, it's the easiest thing to do, and you might even be able to convince yourself that it's fun and "comfy", but time will still pass, and you'll still be where you started. It doesn't matter so much what you do, just that you do something.

Good luck on your journey, user.

Hey OP, listen to the other anons here recommending you to do stuff. I personally used guitar as a getaway from my past life of depression and 12 hours of video games per day. I still feel like a robot on the inside, but I have a nice pool of good friends and acquaintances, am working a really nice job and making an impact in my society and receiving praise from all sides.

It feels good and I'm happy to take on new hobbies, tasks, leadership roles and challenges, but I'm still not really the most social person out there. Still, I don't let myself get down because of it. I'm currently reading about EI to get some more theoretical knowledge on social situations.

Good luck, OP.

Hey op, Here. I'm psuedo normie too. I don't have as many problems with a agoraphobia as you but I'm pretty bad with social anxiety. I abused drugs and was really manipulative for a long time to force myself out of my loneliness but I just ended up with the same loneliness I had as a child teenager. The fact that you're looking for hobbies is the right path. Godspeed.

Origami is incredibly cheap, and give you the satisfaction of creating something. You can find instructions on-line pretty easily
Roasties likes them, so if you are interested there's that

Thanks for you help you guys, I'm going to go out and buy a guitar later.

Attached: fpm.png (1000x1115, 57K)

Volunteer with kids or other vulnerable groups. Your body naturally makes you happier when caring for others. This sounds super creepy but it's honest advice

damn i would swap my life to yours user u can do shit things like that

Don't ever say that again, you do NOT want to know what being locked in the house for 6 months will do to you. I envy people who can freely leave their homes whenever they which. I'm a slave to my own fears.

It's too easy to impress people, but that's a lesson in itself.
When people rant about getting good to become truly great in digital painting or writing or programming for money and fame, I can't figure them out because it's so much work to do something so trivial. And then they tie their sense of self-worth in by talking about self-improvement and I'm like take it easy, your only source of motivation is looking good to normies and trad larping, of course you're going to crash and burn.

Keeping alive since i want to reply

Extreme Nazism is a funny hobby

>neet for years
>only interact with anons or discordfags online sometimes and one family member
Buckle up OP. First advice is try to fap less. Also never forget that, like another user said, wasting your life sitting on your ass isn't going to be good for you in the long run. I have found that writing a long list of things I am/was interested in, and then things related to that or just things I found interesting in general has helped. Try to create some goals for yourself, even if they aren't big at first and are just things like eating certain foods or drinking a certain amount of water, maybe doing two push ups or something. You said in a reply you fear people and seem to want to be more social, maybe you could include that as a bigger goal, don't cry user. From there I constructed my own routine/schedule to attempt to follow through out the day, picking between doing different things I'd consider important every day of the week. For example:

| All days of week |
9:00am | History documentary, tidy trash, boxing advice/tips
10:40am | Learn music basics, facts about Japan, practice with Unity,
11:00am | Eat + drink, draw realism, research more on human topology

The list goes on through out the entire day and most of the night for me since I can barely sleep, may as well use it to be productive, but you can set it to whatever times you want obviously. From 9:00am in the example, I could pick between doing any of the things listed, and can only focus on whatever I pick between 9:00am to 10:40am, then have to move on to a task from the list at that time instead. It sort of works.

You said you're going to go out and buy a guitar later, good luck and if you decide to use any of this, to your list you could add things such as 'learn music theory' or just searching for videos with help based on what you need to learn/improve on youtube and the internet. I've found having notepads or things where you can write down all of the things you learn helps.

Attached: l.png (866x492, 444K)

Comment was too long but to re-suggest things others have already said, you could:

- Make music, learn about it, practice an instrument.

- Learn a language, there are many, and lots of information lying around that you could use to further yourself even if you're broke (to help with speaking it though, interacting with natives who also want to learn English on language apps or sites is a good idea, hard to do though if interaction is death).

- Programming, different languages to choose from, a lot of information you could learn or different paths you could take.

- Art, although to be honest I think there is not as much to do with this skill in comparison to things like creating good music.

- Hammer in facts about things, try to keep your memory sharp.

- Exercise even if it's just in your room or an area of the house.

Also, mentioned taking on new tasks or leadership roles or something, which could be a good idea. Even if it's only for some obscure group online around something, it could be a step in the right direction. Good luck OP.

Thank you for your well written and informative post, I promise you it wont go to waste.

Attached: sadweeb.jpg (500x355, 20K)

Start eating alot of vegetables, like 50% veggies, 25% meat and 25% carbs, then do bodyweight workout at home(get a pullup bar so you can train your back) when you wake up before breakfast, if you are able to get out walk for atleast 30min a day. Stop drinking sugary drinks and keep fapping to 1 time a week at max, the less the better. Your depression will get much better or even disappear.
You will make it, I belive in you.

Thank you, it's feels so reassuring that you guys believe even someone like me can make it.

Attached: 1516814144830.jpg (511x288, 10K)