Why are manbaby hobbies so popular now? Anime, video games, capeshit, etc...

Why are manbaby hobbies so popular now? Anime, video games, capeshit, etc. are all skyrocketing in popularity among people of all ages. And they actually take it seriously; there are tons of YouTube channels dedicated to discussion and meme analyses on these things as though they have actual intellectual depth. Do people just hate doing useful/productive things now?

Attached: 1524078244763.jpg (600x418, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sGYQz7cy4Po?t=1m21s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ok retard, what's your point

Attached: okretard.jpg (264x264, 13K)

What useful and productive things do you do user. Gives some examples.

They've become part of pop culture to the point where anybody can reference it to other people and they'll automatically get it. That and Normalfags will watch onto any culture that gets popular.

I think it's because of the escapism they provide as the world continues to get shittier.

>brainlet OP is too dumb to understand anime
No need to get mad like that user

Attached: 948BCAF7CE44AD6CAEBDC935C7B951CD06684732.gif (400x300, 411K)

Just so you guys know, I shut myself in and played vidya all day before it was cool. Just like my father and his father before him. No son of mine is going to kick balls around with those extroverted fruitcakes our neighbors are raising.

>that 25 year old boomer who doesn't realize that in the old days people just watched sports and read/listened to retarded fiction stories, and if they had any less free time it's because they had to do household chores which have been automated, or spend 2 hours shopping for something you can just get in one click now.

also ironic that someone on Jow Forums posting a frog cartoon could call anyone watching a superhero movie a manbaby. agree that anime is gay tho.

>REEEEEEEEEEEE STOP ENJOYING THINGS AND GO BACK TO BEING A GOOD LITTLE COG
t. Mr. Shekelstein

Which is good so I don't feel like a complete losers for having too many video games and spending a long amount of time playing, when I'm near 30 years old.

Attached: yep.gif (500x282, 508K)

>in the old days people just watched sports and read/listened to retarded fiction stories, and if they had any less free time it's because they had to do household chores which have been automated, or spend 2 hours shopping for something you can just get in one click now.
And because of this, people can now make their whole lives centered around entertainment. Technology was a mistake.

Why is people having fun wrong for you?

is it lonely up there on your pedestal

Just because you don't like the study and analysis of media does not mean it's useless. Media is like a framework from which we can view some aspects of society and analyzing it can be very beneficial for fields like sociology, political science and so on.
Not saying all YouTube meme videos serve that purpose but some do, and the ones that don't are at least fostering a culture of media critique which I can only see as a good thing overall

I PICK THINGS UP AND PUT THEM DOWN 45 TIMES A DAY AND WORK ON FIZZBUZZ PROGRAMS IN LOW LEVEL LANGUAGES

> posts on r9k
> unironically uses le epic frog maymays
> calls other people manbabies
That's some advanced mental gymnastics.

Do you not understand that mass media is actually a very good source of profit?

what kind of fruitcakes are they
young girls are sluts and young boys are little faggots

anime is soulless trash that represents the death of good writing in modern entertainment. prove me wrong

The greatest movie or video game is shit compared to even midwit literature.

it all started with disney
a fucking mouse in overalls? truly civilization was only to decline from there

Why are there so many bait threads today?

Attached: 1526947055577.png (928x1399, 93K)

Well hello there nice doggy

Attached: adbcb26.png (360x320, 102K)

tfw I will never have a normie bf into normie things like sports

productivity is a meme
society doesn't need us
everythings going to be done by robots in the next 10-20 years anyway

You do realize that pure entertainment has been around for as long as civilization, yes? Do you think it was "productive" to go to the theatre in Greece?

I suppose there's something to be said about the ease of getting lost in it these days, but having fun for fun's sake isn't a bad thing.

Almost three hours later, OP has yet to respond.

Start by proving yourself right.

You think we'll head towards a Wall-E like world?

youtu.be/sGYQz7cy4Po?t=1m21s
watch until about 2:14-2:15ish

probably

however what that film didn't show was the billions of poor people who all died