I'm so confused about the distinction between millennials and zoomers. When is the cutoff? I was born in 1992...

I'm so confused about the distinction between millennials and zoomers. When is the cutoff? I was born in 1992, what am I?

Attached: bzoomer.png (373x349, 70K)

Boomers are late 80s and early 90s, zoomers are late 90s and very early 2000s.

Attached: (You) Meme.png (300x433, 62K)

Something about this doesn't seem right but I don't speak English well enough to know what.

>born 1994

Am I both?

O I understand now. You mean the meme boomer generation which is actually millennials.

>im going to "zoomer" to my grave now.
pics will be on /b/ after im dead

IIRC anything after '94 is a zoomer. I was also born in '92 too and identify with zoomers a lot more than millennials though.

So according to Pew Research, Millennials ended in 1996.

From what I noticed, people born in 96 who have good memories and were involved in *early* 2000s culture (ps2, malcoolm in the middle) more as a kid are more Late Millennial, but 96ers with poor early memories who were moreso involved with *late* 2000s culture (Icarly, Wii, etc) are more like Zoomers.

Attached: 1520553810193.jpg (1128x1535, 571K)

What does r9k think about zoomers anyway? Are they just the next wave of boomers?

Fuck, I though 1998-1999 were exempt from either

More like after 96 because people born in 95 still remember 9/11 and were slightly too old for early zoomer shows like Hannah Montana and Ben 10

who /zoomer/ here?

Someone needs to answer my fucking question or I'll kill my family right now

Attached: I badly want to kill myself.jpg (601x601, 65K)

98-99 is Early Zoomer because you don't remember 9/11 and grew up on Ben 10 and Hannah Montana whereas Millennials were too old for those shows and thought they were gay

Yeah it's memes, actual millenial meme boomers are the early 80s etc, actual boomers are waaay before.
Boomer.
Zoom zoom.

Attached: Satania12.jpg (225x225, 7K)

>tfw remember 9/11 but grew up on ben 10 also.... :thinky:

I never really got into that stuff honestly. Most of my childhood was spend with bionicles in my room.

It was a pretty dull show to me, with most people only liking it cause gwen. Its overhype made me stop watching Cartoon network after they ended Yu Yu hakusho.

1998. *sips coconut juice*

>Boomers
~1945-1963
>Gen X
~1964-1982
>Millennials/Gen Y
~1983-2001
>Gen Z
~2002-today

What about '96? Zoomer?

No way. If you aren't old enough to remember 9/11, you can't be a millennial. That period of time was a huge worldwide cultural shift and remembering how things were before is a huge part of millennial culture.

Pew research said 96 was the cutoff for millennials, but it depends really since other people your age may identify more with zoomers.

Did you like either the late y or early z shows more as a kid on here?

Yeah, because there is so much difference in of the memories of 9/11 for someone who was born in 1999 vs 2001

>hockey or football cards for Chads / yugioh or other japanese comic cards for nerds
>late 90's videogame discs and demos and toys from cereal boxes
>CRTs
>Jackass
>PS1, 2, original Xbox
>tamagotchi
>Nokia
>oversized clothing
>all those nu-metal, nu-punk and other rock genres being popular and not rap
>scene hair on girls by the time we were going to high school

What generation is this?

I'm '98 and my siblings who are younger by about 4-5 years don't relate to any of this stuff

Anyone's who's not an ancient fart is actually a millennial. Making things confusing is funny because so many fellow millennials were using the word to refer to anyone younger than them, and blaming everything bad in the world on that generation. It reminds one of the kid who thinks he's above the rest of his age group, mature for his age, thus spawning the joke of someone in his 20-30s pretending to be an old man.

There was a huge shift in 1963 for the JFK assassination yet some people who don't remember this are considered Boomers. It's the same as that.

Nah I'd say boomer still, zoomers are still teens and young adults.
Just google "Gen Z" if you want more info.

I was a failure but didn't really care or get angry or upset. I didn't get this rage that many do that say they were lied to. I was black pilled on life young. I just liked my comfort. Is this typical of Millennials?

You could use remembering the moon landing as the dividing line instead since the boom continued until 1964. The Late Boomers born in the late 50s-early 60s didn't have Vietnam, hippies, and Live Beatles like the early boomers but they did have pretty boomerish things of their own like disco, Grease, and Boston.

>that 26 year old boomer that thinks he's a zoomer

Attached: 1532124673056.png (290x352, 56K)

The mid 50s like someone born in 1955 or 1956 born Boomers seemed like a cross in between both types. Hippies in their earlier teens. Disco dancing in college. Had older siblings in Vietnam. Feared the draft as teens but wasn't drafted. Remembered duck and cover but only in earlier grades.

Maybe he likes their memes

So both are milenials because actual baby boomers were born in like the 60ss 70s

Both can, in a way, be categorised as millenials, but it is much more easier and accurate to make a distinction between them by "generation Y" and "generation Z".

No faggot
anyone born on or after 2000 is zoomer scum

Anyone born after the tech boom in summer of 1995 is a zoomer

That's not how generations work, a person born in 2018 won't be apart of the same generation as a person born in 2000.
Stop being memeshit u idjit.

Zoomers are after 98.

.t 26 year old Gen X

Attached: tfwdf2.jpg (600x450, 31K)

>Under 18= zoomer
>Over 18= boomer

Zoomers are boomers in training

Lost Generation: 1883-1900 (WWI generation)

Greatest Generation: 1901-1927 (WWII generation)

Silent Generation: 1928-1945 (forgotten generation, sandwiched between bigger ones, kept to themselves hence "Silent")

Baby boomers: 1946-1964 (60s-70s teen culture generation, early ones were hippies and later ones disco kids)

Gen X: 1965-1981 (remembers the Challenger Explosion but not the Moon Landing, "slackers", gave us grunge and xtreme xtremeness like xtreme sports and WWE Attitude Era)

Gen Y/Millennials: 1982-1996 (remembers 9/11 but not the Challenger Explosion. 82ers graduated in 2000 which is why this generation was called Millennials in the first place. Hipsters, avocados, offended, dire economy, etc.)

Gen Z/Zoomers: 1997-2011 (remembers Trump's election but not 9/11. Tide pods, memes, social media, etc.)

Gen Alpha: 2012-now (remembers ? but not Trump's election)

Attached: DjFlp-9U8AAqxf8.jpg (1010x1098, 190K)

I watched most of those shows from late gen y but I don't remember 9/11. What does that make me

t. Born 1997

Zoomers aren't even a thing, fuck off

>Alphaoomer: 2015?-?

Attached: 84230918420984098.jpg (400x386, 25K)

>tfw yoomer but waifu (husbando) is zoomer

You are all shit. No human was born after 1984

When was he born?

Late millennial early zoomer shit

Gen Alpha doesn't exist yet though

If you grew up in the 00s, you're a zoomer. if you grew up in the 90s, youre a 30 year-old boomer (aka millennial)

Attached: 1507663797259.jpg (634x825, 197K)

The Lost Generation and Greatest Generation had it the hardest. All the later generations complaining about how bad they have it should know how bad the Lost and Greatest had it.

Sauce on hucow in pic?

I was born in late 1986 so I'm half 90s half 00s. Someone full 90s is born in the early 80s like 1981 or 1982.

Change that a little. If you were a kid around the 90s and/or early 2000s, you're a Millennial. But if you were a kid in the late 2000s and/or 2010s, you're a Zoomer.

If you look at kids commercials from 2003, they scream "Gen Y", but then you look at ones from say 2008 and they feel more "Gen Z". The entire 00s can't be lumped together as Zoomer.

Yes they do. They don't have notable traits yet because they're only 7 at most. But they exist. Kids who have only known a post-Trumpian world will be very sifferent from those who came before.

While the other posters may group those born in 1998 and 1999 into other groups, either millennials or gen z, make no mistake that they belong to neither generation, and exist as their own, unnamed generation, stuck between the millennials and the zoomers.

They're pretty much zoomers period. Because they were the target audience Hannah montana, ICarly, and Ben 10, and don't remember 9/11, these traits scream Early Zoomer.

Maybe as some kind of less annoying prototype.

Jow Forums definitions are different from dumb (((marketing))) ones

This boomer meme is killing me inside. I always saw myself as the childish young adult who had more in common with teenagers but now I'm nearing 30 and I feel out of touch with zoomer media. I'm getting older and can't be around zoomers without looking creepy. I could never relate to people my age and now I can't relate to younger people.
I don't want to get older

Less annoying? The Icarly, Hannah Montana, and Fred kids were pretty annoying

An Asshole no matter what year you were born

I never really associated with those things. I was definitely too old for kid stuff like icarly or Fred.
I don't remember Hannah Montana at all, but I don't remember a lot of things.

What were your favorite late Y shows?