What does it mean to have a real personality? Do people with actual personalities still exist...

What does it mean to have a real personality? Do people with actual personalities still exist? We're all just empty shells defined by our taste in media now. Whether you're a normie who likes Stranger Things and rap music or a robot who likes obscure anime and black metal, the point is we're all defined by what media we consume. What else do we really identify with? Are we even real people?
I wonder what people were like in the past before the modern age. Did they have actual personalities? What is a personality?

Attached: 613d50372865de4e6ce3795c08204e8b.jpg (750x691, 43K)

OP you're thinking pretty deep. You have a point

Attached: Snapchat-1169961811.jpg (720x1280, 292K)

I guess personality is simply who you are. There is no such as having no personality, but there is bland personalities.

But who are we? How do you define yourself? Our "identity" in the modern world is basically this
>your job
>what media you consume
>what kind of phone you have
>where you went to school
and other meaningless drivel like that. What does it even mean to be human anymore

Your personality is how you interact with the world, not what you are.

Now you're getting somewhere. Keep going, go deeper.

I like to think that your personality is the image of yourself that you project onto others. Essentially it's not how you would describe yourself, but more how someone else would describe you to someone who's never met you

Stop reading into this now, you have been warned.

A person is a sum of their choices. Media is just one of those choices, but the varied ramifications of the river of time can bring you closer or farther from what you want.

Idk I agree with you a lot. I'm pretty cynical about our age, and I am definitely a total product of our culture. I'm degenerate and careless. I go on r9k when I'm trying to procrastinate my online summer courses. But usually I will drive to the beach and swim every day. I don't have anyone to go with usually so I go alone. I walk along the beach, climb rocks, draw, and swim. I guess that is my personality ... I do not like to talk about TV shows or Movies or Games. I love film but i Have not watched a show or a movie in months. I want to be cleansed ...

you are trapped on an island with someone, you only have each other. Every interaction will be guided by personality

i always thought personality was more moral based, like if you come off as an asshole that is part of your personality

I notice that taking adderall changes my personality, on it I am pretty mellow and laid back, off of it, I am extremely hyper and fun to be around.

i am the complete opposite way, but I am not prescribed

I like video games and anime but I don't define myself by it, that is for bugmen.

Wow that is pretty weird it helps me sleep desu.

I thought soi boys see anime as problematic and toxic.

As a wannabe filmmaker and a creator of media, it helps if I think through that lens. More specifically, I like to think of us as characters. Our personality is the character we want to show the world, and that character is built up through past experience. One guy might be overly talkative and funny, but he does that to conceal the pain he has from a shitty childhood. Another might be a bland bitch because she never had to worry about anything, and like you said defines herself by the stuff she consumes. Your personality is defined through your past.

I've always considered personality to just be how you act/react to the world, not necessarily what you're interested in. There's normies with shy personalities and geeks with outgoing personalities.

Would it have been any different before?

>where you grew up.
>your family/clan
>where you farm or your trade
>maybe you play the fiddle or compete in the county games throwing axes or wrestling or horse racing every year for a thrill.
>you prefer mead to wine or beer.

>clan
We've lost that one. Nationality is completely meaningless now. Any third world shitskin who immigrates to Germany is apparently "German" now. Or England or Sweden or what have you. We've lost our identity.
It's no wonder we have to dope ourselves up on medication just to function in this hell hole without killing ourselves.

Attached: 1530784805866.png (500x494, 190K)