Jow Forums I wanna read again. Recommend me some good books. Bonus points for Time travel

Jow Forums I wanna read again. Recommend me some good books. Bonus points for Time travel.

Attached: hiroyuki_nishimura1.jpg (640x692, 53K)

Just finished the Witcher series by Andrzej Sapkowski and that was pretty comfy

>pop culture books

LOL

Revolt Against the modern World - Julius Evola
The Decline Of The West - Oswald Spengler
Secret Societies and Subversive Movements - Nesta Webster

The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August(time travel)
End of eternity - haven't read this yet, but it's also about time travel
Red and black
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

How do people read fiction? It feels like such a strenuous waste of time

Attached: download (1).jpg (208x242, 8K)

Read Dune, my nigga.

Check out Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson.

The Buried Giant
The First Man in Rome
Teatro Grottesco
Lord of Light
Shogun
The Walking Drum
Alamut
Necroscope

>strenuous
After you've read a few hundred books you chew through them like tic tacs.
Fiction novels are the snacks in between the big meals.
Also, literature is the highest art form mankind has created. Fiction can become fact.

I always rec Neuromancer like the dirty cyberslut that I am, so lemme think of some other shit I can give you.

>Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
If The Lion King is Hamlet, this is The Lion King 1 1/2. I thought it was fucking hilarious myself but its a pretty standard read in high schools so that might not be for you.

>Inherent Vice
Classic 70s noir bullshit. Written in a way thats kinda hypnotic, where you could spend hours staring at the page and find a new joke every time you look at it. PTA did a great adaptation of it some years back.

>Lock In
Read this years ago based on a recommendation from my psychiatrist. Fascinating detective tale set in near-future Virginia where people get locked into their own bodies and have to use these cool robot bodies controlled by their mind to move around.

I honestly cant remember the last book I read front to back, been years. Gonna try and start The Crying Of Lot 49 tonight but that shit looks rough despite its short length. I also have a book called Shades Of Grey (not the shitty fanfic) that my friends dad says is one of the weirdest books hes ever read.

Reading books has become an archaic, redundant chore. Why read when there are better mediums of entertainment at your disposal? And even if it is education you seek, books are laden with needless fluff, opt for videos or consice, to-the-point articles for information. Massive book burning, when?

>being this much of a brainlet
They still sell books on electronics you know, you can listen to them if you like.

You niggers still consume books in their physical forms, am I wrong in assuming this? Ebooks and such are typically used by normies, and practically everything normies do is universally reviled by you mouth-breathing neckbeards.

The Decline of the West is good, Revolt Against the Modern World is a meme, WE WUZ HYPERBOREANS N SHIT. Ride the Tiger is actually a somewhat useful read though.

I recently read the first Dune book (apparently the greatest selling sci-fi book ever) and it was actually really good. Glad I decided to check it out.
okay wtf I didn't think someone would have already mentioned Dune, glad I went to check before I submitted post lol. Oh well, I second this.

Another interesting one I just finished is Childhood's End by Arthur. C Clarke. Much shorter. Pretty fascinating benevolent alien encounter sci-fi with some big plot twists.

Attached: 9780340960196.jpg (260x400, 26K)

>insulting a book about vidya on r9k
Negrodian what's the point, the dude's probably a neet with infinite time anyway

OH FUCK I FORGOT TO MENTION HOUSE OF LEAVES

One of the most unsettling books I read in my childhood. A bizarre experimental burst of weirdness, with three stories nested inside one another through different styles of writing and different mediums.

A lot of people say its pretentious but if you go along with it its an insanely fun ride.

Attached: 561E06B4-D002-422E-8208-7A0443C73A03.jpg (740x653, 193K)

the structure of scientific revolutions
nichomachean ethics

A Confederacy Of Dunces is a good portrait of the average /tv/ user.

Vargsmal

I liked them too for the most part user, but I felt like near the end of the novels (fourth and fifth novels) Sapkowski dragged things out too much and built up too many conflicts and then kinda sloppily tried to resolve all these things he had built up for forever way too fast in the last couple chapters of the last book. The short story collections were pretty legit though, I think that's where Sapkowski's forte is. Also typing this up reminded me that season of storms should be officially out in english now so I should probably check that out.
this is having trouble posting for some reason