University thread

University thread.

Has anyone here worked full time and studied full time during university? How was it? Any advice?

Attached: Screenshot_20180728-233203_Google.jpg (1080x604, 277K)

That's a really horrible idea, have fun having a mental breakdown, failing uni, failing job, being tired forever, stress. Any or many of those

>That's a really horrible idea, have fun having a mental breakdown, failing uni, failing job, being tired forever, stress. Any or many of those
true, but that is post grad and MBA, so it really depends on you.

No but I've taken 15 credit hours a lot and had internships at the same time. It's hell.

>starting masters in a month
It just dawned on me that I'm essentially doing my Uni experience over in terms of the social aspect. I have no issues talking to people like I did at the start of my bachelor. I could pretty easily socialize if I wanted to, especially with other international students. But unlike during my bachelor, I have 0 interest in meeting anyone or making friends. Me from 4 years ago would be upset.

As someone who's done his master's, you'll do much better if you socialize, if only because the workload is so massive and stressful that you'll actually need people to study with this time around. I spent a lot of time in the grad office with other ma students just going over our papers and then walking to the pub to relax just that little bit. I don't like socializing bit socializing helped my sanity and grades during grad school.

I'm not too concerned about the workload. It's a 1 year MBA with half of it being courses that are almost identical in structure to my bachelor since it's at the same Uni. I asked around regarding the difficulty and faculty told me it isn't that bad. Even if it's 50% harder than my bachelor, shouldn't be an issue since I barely did any work for that and passed easily (meme business degree). I despise studying for exams in groups anyways and I'm not sure how working in a group would help me for my thesis either to be honest. We will have a few group projects, same as the bachelor, so I'll have to interact with people then. Maybe I'm underestimating it, I'll see I suppose.

Have an assignment due by midnight any advice on getting it done?

I did this for a year as a field technician (5 hour commute daily). Taking STEM courses and working 50 hours week in shitty loud fucking factories and staying at Days Inn is literal hell. I wouldn't wish this shit on the people I hate. If I had the option I would of just spent my free time shotgun appyling for scholarships and load up on debt for the remainder.

>TFW I almost flunked out over my first 2 years
>Mfw I'm a 4th year sophomore because I don't want to upset my GPA again by taking more than 12 credit hours

Attached: 1532631515649.png (881x686, 540K)

Wait until 11pm to start

>transferred from CC to university
>mfw I have to pay 3.5K for tuition for the year

Attached: fag wins lol.png (961x479, 836K)

Just keep chipping away at it mange. I was a 7th year sophmore because I took time off due to family shit

It's just a bit expensive to have to take 6+ years of college

shit sucks man but I believe in you,

I worked full time through most of my undergrad and took classes full time. Chem/bio dual degree. It was difficult but only due to the exhaustion aspect. I recommend making sure you exercise, drink and eat properly, and get as much restful sleep as you can. Otherwise you will feel terrible after a month into the semester.
Also you should really set yourself up for success. Take classes at the most convenient times possible, make sure to tell your boss when any and all exams are coming up (as they should be listed on the syllabus) so you can have a shorter day or maybe even a day off before the exam, and stay on top of your work so the end of the semester is not a mental breakdown.

mileage may vary depending on how intelligent you are.

if you are somewhere around average like me, you're going to struggle a lot and be in constant stress and anxiety. studying around 10-12 hours per day including weekends was only precisely enough to earn me straight C's.

get your IQ assessed before getting into it. below 115 is probably not worth it.

>2 months until my first year of uni
i don't think i can't do it, this is so stressful just to think about

Attached: 1531825340475.gif (496x280, 1.61M)

It's a weird feeling having been in your position years ago and now knowing it's not a big deal at all but still having no way to convince you of that in a meaningful way.

What about 115? No good?

i most likely have an iq of 90, can i go to uni?

Attached: 36088260_153901352144419_7337788334854373376_n.jpg (480x638, 43K)

If you're American sure, you'll be above average.

No but I work 19 hours a week and study full time. I don't think I could do more than maybe 25 without going crazy. I suggest doing Waitr or Grub Hub or something on the side on your own free time if you need some extra cash.

If it's a large uni or college town, apply at every pizza place in town to be a delivery driver. It's pt hours but tips make it comparable to ft pay. Usually work dinner/evenings so it doesn't interfere with school and as long as you get your shit done on time it's possible. Bonus is free pizza.

That last part happened to me. Also try to get a job that gives you time to study.

this is a huge IT DEPENDS, might be easier than what you might expect and can reach up to impossible heights

I thought it was impossible. However due to family problems (couldn't provide for me any longer and relied on me to solve many of their problems) I needed to get out of the house and got a full time job (50 hrs a week). Im perpetually tired but I still achieved the minimum to maintain my scholarship. It is possible, but I feel my mind is gonna break at any time (because of depression issues).

I have two roomies that help me clean and do lunch, so that helps me a little.

What does a mental breakdown feel like

Felt like driving into the oncoming lane on a daily basis. Drank myself to sleep on the weekends. Drank like 5 redbulls to cram before exams. Zero social life. After it was all done cursed my boss off and quit the fucking place. Starting in a few weeks at a new place an old workmate got me.

>two classes with big group projects next semester
>have 0 friends in my uni (not even acquaintances)
>will need to find a group on my own

Attached: 1511099797385.jpg (224x225, 7K)

i tried and failed. dont try to work fulltime while doing 12 credit hours. take 6 or less.

I'm currently working full shift as a guard in 24hr shifts. In my first year it was pretty easy to combine both studies and work. Find a job in which can be combined with studies and preferrably pays well. Since I can mostly do fuck all during the night, I really cant complain

>graduated in IT a month and a half ago
>applying to jobs nonstop
>still not even an interview

ree