Therapist won't stop saying the reason I have anxiety is because I don't talk with people enough

>therapist won't stop saying the reason I have anxiety is because I don't talk with people enough
STOP USING CIRCULAR REASONING YOU FUCKING RETARD, I HATE YOU SO MUCH, FUCK YOU

Attached: 894928048575.png (518x373, 238K)

Other urls found in this thread:

peopleofwalmart.com/category/featured-creature/?gdsr_sort=votes&gdsr_order=desc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exposure_therapy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I never understood the therapy meme. If it causes me fear to interact with people why the fuck would I do that?

he's right though. talking to people can help your anxiety

Die slow dumb hoe

He's simplifying the beginning of your problems so they become something managable.

The anxiety passes after about 10-15 minutes in, for me. After that I relax and begin to enjoy interaction. So he's right.

But thats only the beginning. There's things like low self esteem, personality quirks, managing stress and emotions.

Just be glad you're not getting everything dumped on you at once.

Translation: I refuse to acknowledge and deal with the problem I'm having so I'd rather blame it on my therapist.
You expect anxiety to magically disappear just by taking mind-numbing pills and talking to a shrink?

That's not circular reasoning you brainlet. Lay off the mercury.

>Start talking more to people to lose anxiety
>Can't talk to people because of anxiety
Kek

I just want to interact with the supermarket guy without wanting to cry if I make a mistake, I feel like I need to at least cure my social retardation a little bit to be more efficient
>talking to people can solve your problem, aka the fact that you can't talk to people
wow
There are no women on Jow Forums

peopleofwalmart.com/category/featured-creature/?gdsr_sort=votes&gdsr_order=desc
Walmart is a great tutorial level for social interaction. Dressing normally puts you miles above the average walcreature

>>talking to people can solve your problem, aka the fact that you can't talk to people

you can talk to people, it's not like it's physically impossible for you. it's more difficult sure, but it's doable if you force yourself.

>I just want to interact with the supermarket guy without wanting to cry if I make a mistake.

Awww! it's a girl.

I like girls like you, except I'm a little odd and that tends to spook those types of women.

pyschs are full of shit.
they say you feel depressed because bad thoughts cause depression.

>TFW you wake up thinking of dying within seconds..

I hate pyschs so much.

>>talking to people can solve your problem, aka the fact that you can't talk to people
>wow
Maybe you're not even trying, fuckwit. Go ahead and try. And if at first you don't succeed, try try again. Eliminate your fears. Also don't be a dumbass, but maybe we can't help you with that.

>therapist says I'm avoidant and depressed because of my manipulative mother
>doesn't tell me how to overcome it
thanks I'm still avoidant and depressed but now I also wanna kill my mom

the key to not being a Jow Forums loser is to get off Jow Forums
go ahead and try, fuckwit

Why can't you normalfags accept that this is almost impossible for an actual robot? After decades of failure any slight error will trigger an avalanche of malicious thoughts. It seems silly, but in your mind that tiny disappointment turns out to be the end. There is nothing to fall back on. Even observing aggressive rejection can be hard. I nearly started crying on the subway because people had an argument next to me. I can't socialize alone. You need somebody to help you do it, but we don't have anybody.

This desu. "Think positive" doesn't do jack shit if you have legitimate depression.

Oh, you massive autist, you.

Attached: 13940086_l-1024x1024.jpg (1024x1024, 154K)

What is it with walmart that all the super autism happens there

>if at first you don't succeed, try try again
Holy shit shut the fuck up.

Memories of my past echo in dreams. Friendships since dissolved and lovers gone. Everything is a blur in my eyes. When I remember faces they come out as names. Even then the names are jumbled with every word stumbling on the other. The sensations course through my mind. But were those days all just a dream? Those mornings of gloomy weather surrounded by anxiety? I look in the mirror and touch my face. Everything is in order. The nose, eyes, mouth, all seem to be typical in their positioning. But there's an underlying tone of something that doesn't belong. The voices are talking over my skin. I can feel the words shifting under thin layers of flesh.

exposure therapy is one of the most reliable and successful methods for dealing with anxiety.

>I nearly started crying on the subway because people had an argument next to me
ahahah what a massive faggot

Well yeah. I feel guilty when there are emotional imbalances in my surroundings. It's hell.

What will happen if you ask a shrink a counter question. Like if they ask you "how do you feel" about something, and you tell them, but you string it into a counter question like "don't you agree?"

I've always been interested in them for the possibility of a intellectually challenging conversation like that, but honestly there's nothing about me to figure out why I'd need to go to one unfortunately, I'm just boring.

Just get some theanine brah. Cut back on caffeine too or quit it completely.
That's what I did and I already see the results.

>emotional imbalances in my surroundings
lmao i'm dying
i feel the need to abuse you in some way user

I have no interest in fulfilling your ERP fantasies. I may be an emotional wreck with a guilt complex but I am neither a literal nor a metaphorical faggot.

>use a series of mindtricks I developed because I have nothing else to do given I'm alone 24/7 to force myself to speak to people
>get a full-blown panic attack as a result even though the conversations never went particularly bad
>become a hikki for a year
>not even sure why I went back in the real world after, being hikki was the most comfy I've been my whole life

But there is no sexual component to it.
I feel just like a bully when has seen a weak vulnerable nerd.

The average walcreature has no issue getting friends or girlfriends. But remember goyim, all you have to do is self-improve!

I thought we were talking about being able to interact with cashiers without crying.

I thought we were talking about being miles above the average walcreature

If you think dressing like that's going to help you get friends, more power to you

I'm not motivated to do anything about my anxiety and depression.
>What you have to do is act like you're not anxious or depressed first, and then the motivation will come after.
Alright, how do I get myself to fake it till I make it.
>You want to get better, right?
Well, yeah, but I have no real motivation to truly face my problems, or live my life to the fullest. I don't have much interest in doing anything really.
>Then why do you come to therapy if you have no motivation to get better?
I dunno, I was hoping you would motivate me (u dumb hoe)

More or less quoted verbatim from a recent session. It's bizarre that the only professionals trained to help motivate mentally ill people are actually pretty shit at motivating. They can help you a lot with the practical stuff, but when it comes down to the core impetus to actually DO something, they wave their hands and say that motivation comes after action. But if they can't motivate depressed people, then who are we supposed to turn to? Fucking paradox man

Attached: 1526526387786.jpg (768x431, 34K)

just stop watching anime

I see you're intelligence certainly isn't miles above the average walcreature.

If you have the motivation to still go see your therapists then that's proof enough of a larger motivation hidden beneath that wants you to be better you fuckwit. Stop wallowing and do what you have to do, or kill yourself

Maybe if it's in reality and you're hiding your personality so nothing can be rejected. Being myself and joining discord groups and all that shit was always a miserable time, for me, that only made me feel significantly worse about things, and never better. If the only way to feel comfortable is to hide everything authentic about yourself and do what will make people like and be nice to you, maybe we should get over ourselves and just do that. I don't like it, though.

Your therapist is correct and is likely pushing for

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exposure_therapy

where you gradually have more and more social contact. That approach is not circular logic and has been scientifically proven to be a safe and effective treatment for anxiety.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Motivation can somewhat be induced using medications. Motivation also naturally comes as a result of suffering from your mental illness for long enough. Eventually the pain of doing nothing overwhelms the pain of actually trying to get better.

It can be a long time before that happens though.

Normalfaggot attention seeking is not 'anxiety' and "just talk to everyone you see bro XD" is not "gradually have more and more social contact". If the therapist was in fact doing what you suggest, the first thing the therapist would have done is call over a second person (probably a second therapist) as the first step toward the gradual increase in exposure. The therapist would also at minimum have suggested an exposure schedule.
if the therapist had done that, we could have mocked the entire field for being full of bullshit because it's entirely based around helping normalfags with their attention seeking meme conditions and doesn't take into account real mental blocks and psychological issues Unfortunately, it's even worse than that.

I like to write songs, I always have, but only recently have I commited to really trying. This seems to be my meaning in life, because when I'm working on a project, my quality of life skyrockets. My general mood and angst is lifted, it makes me want to go to sleep on time, shower, go out, and brush my teeth.

When I'm having a depressive episode and can't get past my own fear, criticisms and writers block, and give up, I feel as aimless, frustrated and drained as before.

I really wish I wasn't this kind of faggot, but all I can do is feed it, it seems to be working.

Get some other therapist, dummy.

Attached: Satania75.png (540x482, 339K)

>I just want to interact with the supermarket guy without wanting to cry if I make a mistake, I feel like I need to at least cure my social retardation a little bit to be more efficient
Anyone that would criticize you, get angry with you, or be rude to you for making a mistake is a trash human and you shouldn't care what they think. You don't want to befriend them and you don't want them to be a part of your life. Be above their negativity and you won't have much anxiety. Say, if you mispronounce something. Normal emotionally healthy people wouldn't comment on it or even judge you for it, really. Only the insecure and angry will say something or try to correct you. Now they just gave you a signal that they're people you wouldn't want to get to know in the first place. They won't physically hurt you and if they ever threaten you, you can just call the police. If they weren't serious, they'll back down and shut up. The irrational will get arrested and have their record ruined. You're safe. There, now you're free to interact with everyone without a worry. You're welcome.

>Just get some theanine brah. Cut back on caffeine too or quit it completely.
This is also good advice. If I take 1000mg of L-Theanine, I don't get anxiety while playing intense videogames. Zero performance anxiety. Would recommend.

They're literally all like that. Stop with the platitudes, normalfag.

OP if you're anything like me you place too much importance on each interaction. Just try to remember that if you fuck up they won't remember because no one thinks about shit like that for more than like 10 minutes. In the rare event they DO remember (only happened to me once) force the embarrasment on them by acting like they're a fucking weirdo stalker for remembering you at all. If you do succeed with a good interaction, well, congratz isn't that what you want?

Attached: 1532330203994.jpg (807x837, 48K)

Normies DO NOT understand. They will NEVER understand. They don't even TRY to understand. They just apply their normie logic and their normie mindset to everything they do and don't even realize or care that it WON'T FUCKING WORK. EVER.

Holy crap are you me? I'm always so worried about everything and something that really sets me off is when other people are upset around me. It just seems that their stress is making me stressed.
I can barely do anything due to my extreme anxiety and I'm seeing a therapist for the first time ever this Friday. I'm really worried about what they're gonna say.