Afraid to share my interests

>"So user, what kind of music do you like?"
>"Eh, I'll listen to anything."

>"What kind of TV shows do you watch?"
>"Whatever's on I guess."

>"What kind of hobbies do you have?"
>"Nothing in particular."

I hate it, I hate being afraid to share my interests with other people.

Attached: 1532497578142.png (640x359, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YV5IheNfK54
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If anyone asks me my hobbies I tell them honestly. Power electronics music and Bakaudon doujins, fuck them.

if you're so insecure and unsure yourself of your tastes, you're probably just another bandwagoner. might as well watch normie shit to save yourself from the hassle

I hate when your friendship reaches a point where you vc or gotta finally risk sharing interests. It's where the other person decides whether they want you as a closer friend or to throw you out.

Normally I say that I hate music, don't watch TV and don't have a particular hobby. I have trouble enjoying things to start with.

Attached: 153627483924.png (320x300, 80K)

So... What music DO you listen to? Films? Hobbies?

>when someone asks what you do on your spare time
Only thing worse is when someone asks if you have a GF

Attached: 1482613674356.jpg (960x960, 59K)

And yet you wonder why you've got no friends??

>what kind of music do you like?
>you know about the game touhou?

>what kind of tv shows you watch
>i like animes

>what kind of hobbies do you have
>i like video games

Attached: 1532789585728.jpg (665x668, 68K)

not OP, but I genuinely don't listen to music, and when I get people asking me that question and I tell them, they always act so surprised, it's sorta disheartening.

I tell them: wasting my life. No additional info, usually people would fuck off.

I don't get lying. When I'd talk to people, I'd be as honest and open as possible, always. It all ends in me alone and being miserable in social settings, but I'd rather be alone than pretend to be some boring normie without any interests for the sake of shallow acceptance. It doesn't mean anything, if you're a fake personality and that is complimented by some person you hardly know.

thankfully I'm an engineering student so all the people I meet are at least slightly autistic and share 1 or more of those interests.

If you answer might really hurt you, like for example, if your boss ask what kinds of stuff are you into, then maybe don't tell him your into some weird stuff if there is the possibility it could hurt your professional life, but if it's some random fuckers, then who cares.

Well I only cite media and pop culture as an example of stuff I dislike. I enjoy other things but most of what I enjoy are very niche interest. So it is kind of repelling to most people. And yes I do have friends, Not many as other people, but I'm ok with this. Quality is always better than quantity.

Attached: sips coffee.jpg (876x719, 138K)

>Bakaudon
nice

Dude fucking hell yeah. Any favorite power electronic groups? I'm digging consumer electronics lately.

>I don't listen to music
spot the absolute brainlet

Reading is much better honestly even comics are better

better for what dimwit, telling a story?

Yes and telling about concepts and philosophy

believe it or not but people don't listen to music because of its engrossing stories or engaging philosophical themes

Then what's the point of it

if you have to ask then you are either a brainlet or a giga-autist

Please explain the point of music and why I need it even though it conveys less philosophy concepts and morals than books I'm some how a brainlet for not listening to it

Because it expresses something that can't be expressed by words, typically emotions rather than concepts. But you wouldn't know what feelings are thanks to your autism

>After a long line of smalltalk I finally tell someone that I played videogames over the weekend
>"Oh cool what games do you play?"
This fucking question

It's better to give those kinds of answers to normans or just straight up lie. Idk about you man but my tastes are so obsure that I'd look like even more of a autistic loner than I already am if anyone knew. No thanks

Attached: 6ItDIsj.jpg (512x512, 41K)

>what are you listening to user?
youtube.com/watch?v=YV5IheNfK54

>iktf

Anime fans are like turbo autistic and I don't want to be seen as one of them.

Attached: 1532476608371.jpg (850x820, 109K)

god
I h8 anime posters
you're so ugly

>video game music

Nah plenty of people do that, I find it great background noise.

You should not be calling people autistic if you are to stupid to put your feelings to words also only retards think emotions> logic

man you guys really are autistic
it really doesnt matter what you're into. learn how to sell it. if someone asks you what you like theres a huge difference between
>*snort* well um actually ive been watching some anime... you've probably never heeaard of it but its called doki doki yaoi paradise and its about this princess, oh, you wouldnt really get it
and
>I'm really into animation, been watching some foreign stuff lately mostly. What about you?

The story is enjoyed in itself. Much like a good song.
Philosophy is indeed something that music cannot express (usually - there are some very interesting modern classical composers who write programmatic/conceptual music expressing some philosophical idea).
However, the philosophy in a piece of writing will mean little without a good artistic execution. That's why a sci-fi tale with far-out ideas but bad writing will be forgotten, while a sonnet about something as common and uninteresting as love will be remembered for centuries. Form is primary, content is secondary, as proved by the history of literature.
In the end, if you want ideas and philosophy, I think you should pick up actual philosophical texts. I've seen multiple people who treated books as you do and abandoning fiction once they discovered proper philosophy.

>been watching some foreign stuff lately
to anyone that knows what anime is, and thats literally everyone due to shows like dragon ball and pokemon its literally like shouting
>I LIKE ANIME BUT AM TO SCARED TO ADMIT IT PLEASE DONT JUDGE ME

only you are saying logic > emotions, I'm just saying that there is enjoyment in having emotions through means other than words

Or maybe I just don't want to share my interests unless a qt3.14 comes along and mentions her interests. Until then my favourite shows are The Sopranos and Twin Peaks (is the that good enough for /tv/?).

>not expressing thought through complex 3d objects created through your mind
smoke some dmt user

christ you're a pleb

yeah reading provides things music doesnt
that doesnt make it more valuble
music provides things reading could never

its like saying horror movies are better than comedies because comedy movies arent scary. they're going for absolutely different things and can't be readily compared so easily

anime dorks should be scared to admit it tho

But the form and content of music is on average way less than books so what is the point

There is literally no ready to enjoy emotions

Whops I meant reasons not ready

>anime dorks should be scared to admit it tho
maybe if you're a weenie, but nobodys ever given me shit or looked twice about me mentioning that I like anime or manga, probably because its not the only topic I talk about

>The Sopranos and Twin Peaks
Good taste
hehe

someone clearly hasn't read their Nietzsche

The one girl that showed interest in me stopped after a while and wasn't interested in me telling her these things like I used to before. Now I just feel like if the only person who cared for me doesn't care about my interests then no one will, so I'm exactly like this.

Attached: 1505324255893.jpg (635x473, 25K)

>yeah reading provides things music doesnt
>that doesnt make it more valuble
That's literally what I'm arguing against you illiterate cretin.

>But the form and content of music is on average way less than books
What does this even mean?

Books literally have way more concepts philosophy and stories then music

nice use of commas there pal

I hate that people feel like my interests are any of thier bussiness

That does not make anything I said less correct books have way more content than music

Couldn't agree less.

Attached: Emil_Cioran[1].jpg (580x326, 33K)

Explain how music is better

If you are arguing that the written word is better than music then at least be able to properly write you illiterate mong

I addressed the problem in the previous post. What you're talking about is content, which is of secondary importance to the actual form/execution/style.
And you didn't explain how books can have "more form" (because that's obviously nonsense). I've read some books on this shit, so please don't just throw the first thing that comes to your mind at the screen. It's very boring to discuss things that way.
Btw, I'm not the faggot who complains about the commas.

yes and?
music provides things books dont

if you want clear concepts written out like that, read a book. if you listen to music to get clear cut philosophies and stories you're a fucking retard

I like obscure bands so no point in telling normies about it. They dont know.

That still does not make my point leave correct
The average book is much longer and puts in more concepts than the average song
What do you get out of music that books do not have

>What do you get out of music that books do not have
this has already been answered for you man

have you considered that people listen to music because it sounds good, rarther than for any deep philosphopical message?

Attached: 1531382963913.jpg (480x600, 35K)

A lot of emotion is conveyed through music. Pay attention to the way a song is sung, not neceserily the words, but the tone of the voice.

>The average book is much longer than the average song
Then listen to more than one song? Holy shit, what a dumb argument (also ignoring poetry and short stories).
>and puts in more concepts
Again, I've already explained this. Concepts are nonessential, the execution, the presentation of those concepts is the central moment in art. If you want concepts, read non-fiction.

Maybe you should just stop assuming things. I've never said music is better than books. It just makes you experience emotions and generates ideas through senses rather than intellect. When you read a book you get certain feelings and ideas the author has intended to induce to you. With music, it's different, since you just keep on looking for sounds matching your emotions. Appreciating music takes a higher level of individuality.

You can get emotions and concepts out of books there is nothing special about music
That seems point less

>What do you get out of music that books do not have
There's tons to explore in music. Just like a great film can have fantastic cinematography and shot composition or editing, a great album can explore sound in amazing and unique ways.
For me it's expressive. A great album can express a feeling more intricately and precisely than any language could possibly. The emotional depth packed in songs is more than I've ever gotten from any book or movie. It's a more abstract and nuanced way of expressing things rather than just typing them out explicitly in exact words.

and plus there's lots in just how things are well crafted. story or meaning isnt the soul thing to measure everything by. Food doesnt have any inherit meaning to it but that can still be good. Hell, there's many universally loved books that don't touch on deeper philosophical themes or meanings, but just tell a simple conflict. Just like that, sometimes songs sound good and are enjoyed that way

but you can super easily miss something if you're not looking for it

Better than giving those same answers because you don't have any interests
At least with regards to music and hobbies

Pretty sure we've all been baited by this book guy

Attached: 1529381263357.jpg (318x306, 61K)

if listening to music because it sounds good seems pointless, do you also purposfully eat bland boring food because its pointless to eat food that tastes good?

Music is the most passive normie shit ever.
At least with reading you're exercising your brain. Visualizing what's going on and the concepts the book throws at you.

Attached: 1518920103635s.jpg (250x241, 7K)

Music is more viseral than books. You feel the rhythm in every fibre of your being.

There are a lot of emotions in books
I was not ignoring short stories I said on average also presentation does not make a concept good it actually has to be a good concept
You know you can get emotionans from books right

You can get abstract emotions out of books
I don't care what food I eat as long as it keeps me alive

How are books even interesting if youre not normie? Ive never been able to relate to another person let alone a fictional person. I dont read books or watch TV.

Books are only interesting if they are mostly conceptual

this is actually impressive
someone trying to be elitist but in the process practically admits to being retarded

let this be a warning to dorks who constantly talk about "logic and reason" and scream at people in MTBI threads about how they're superior

You're actually retarded.
Being emotionally or socially retarded is still being retarded.
Something having emotions isn't a binary or polar thing, it doesnt either have emotions or doesnt. If you're so emotionally retarded you cant understand the emotional nuance or depth music has in songs, dont act smug about it. thats not a good thing. you're just retarded

that or you just dont listen to music beyond video game soundtracks and shitty youtube mixes and somehow feel you're qualified to speak for one of the largest and most expansive artforms on earth

god i fucking hate utilitarian shitters. go eat your gruel and post on reddit about how epic elon musk is or whatever you fucking losers do

Name an emotion you can get out of music that books do not have

Why are you normies so triggered by books, holy shit.

Books dont make you want to do this

Attached: 54c.gif (380x298, 406K)

A extremely well-crafted and elaborate bait, laid out for us

Attached: 1502139690487.jpg (184x184, 4K)

Ok you are right music is better than books

see this is exactly my point
you're emotionally retarded
there is more than "sad" or "happy"

Music can dial in and express sounds so much more powerfully than any book i've read, that's for me one of it's greatest strengths. Completely limitless communication, not bound by a finite number of words with exact definition.

I can't name an emotion because there's not some mystic emotion that doesnt exist in books. There isnt a word for it because there can't possibly be.

are you 16 or something? i used to be like you when i was a teenager

this

i am basically a nothing, i can't be honest with anyone because humans are predators

Attached: 77777777777777.jpg (684x520, 80K)

So none ok and also you can get abstract emotions you can get out of mostly conceptual books

Okay you win man, you're so emotionally intelligent from listening to chad wank off on his guitar.

>>song
Pleb exposed. Listen to albums.

Attached: 1445989294272.png (785x820, 594K)

At least you have some interests, Norman.

annoying utilitarians who smugpost about how theyre "too good for music" have usually only ever listened to FEMALE VOCAL DUBSTEP REMIX 2014 1 HOUR [HD]

Attached: phile.png (300x374, 128K)

>also presentation does not make a concept good it actually has to be a good concept
Still ignoring what I wrote, lel
>a sonnet about something as common and uninteresting as love will be remembered for centuries
(if it is written well enough, obviously)

Playing music is physical and mental work. We've been taught to be a quiet audience that just listens, but in the past playing music was a much more common activity, sometimes communal. Classical players use the parts of the brain for language processing while listening to music, showing greater involvement and activity than someone who can't play an instrument.
Following more complex music can be fairly demanding, actually. I've seen people walk out of a Bruckner 9 performance because it was too long and difficult for them.

Name the emotion expressed by Bach's Prelude & Fugue in G major, BWV 884.
Pro tip: you can't. Music is beyond simple verbal descriptions.

The average book is still longer and has more content than a song

Concepts>execution you also just because you are to autistic to express your emotions does not mean everyone else is regarding the bach part

Listen, kiddo, I'm sorry to tell you this but you're a pleb. Plain and simple. Maybe when you're a bit older and grow out of the "2smart4u" phase, you'll get it.
Go back to wanking off to your Discord profile picture of some marble bust of some literal who or something.

Attached: billevans.jpg (600x749, 56K)

Stop projecting with your copypasta only womem and orbiters use discord

>Concepts>execution
Great refutation of all my previous posts there, fucking LOL. I don't know when was the last time I saw someone this stubbornly stupid. You're basically braindead, just repeating the arguments that I've already refuted once or twice itt.
>just because you are to autistic to express your emotions does not mean everyone else is regarding the bach part
So why don't you try doing it? It's like three and a half minutes, go on Youtube and listen to it and report back with the emotions.
Feels good to be called an autist by someone who literally isn't capable of enjoying music.

Kiddo, what's your favorite book? Is it some entry level philosophy garbage that /his/ and /lit/ shills?

Attached: davidpajo.jpg (616x440, 52K)

If a something that has all execution and no actual concepts then it is pointless it just a way to fill time also I have listed to that before I did not like it I was uninterested
My favorite book is skin game by Jim butcher

music is bad
it doesnt have words
books have words

therefor books are better
checkmate liberals. bested with logic and reason.

1/10 bait try harder you at least have to reply to a post

Handlebars by flobots

my guy out here with the 2nd grade reading comprehension not even understanding what jokes or satire are

Attached: 1384491993327.jpg (1028x1513, 198K)