Inexpensive but somewhat nutritious/tasty meals

Help poorfags out
post em

Attached: killme.jpg (2128x1197, 1.56M)

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Long-Grain-Enriched-Rice-20-lb/10315883
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I know this isn't anime titties and roasties but cmon guys can we have at least one interesting thread

Just cook a hotdog on the stove ya loser

Should have posted anime food bro.
Anyway Rice with beans
Lentils with onions
Liver
Oats with chocolate milk ( it is still cheaper than any cereal brand)
Fruit salad
Regular salad
Eggs

Attached: gorgeouslady.png (500x980, 258K)

fucking loser just add veggies to your noodles retard

Thats shit
Bad for you plus meat is expensive
If you use meat you need to at least add lots of filler to it, like a chili with lots of beans

Here are some tips:
>Potatoes are really cheap and filling, can pretty much be cooked in anyway possible. They are also pretty healthy.
>Drink water with your meals, its cheaper than other drinks, keeps you hydrated and makes you less hungry.
>Seasoning isn't that expensive. Salt and pepper turns a meal from bland to decent.
>Make more than what your actually gonna eat so you have leftovers.

holy fuck lmao that picture made me laugh

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!
CAN WE H--HA--HAHAHAH-HAVE ONE INTERESTING--- HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Welcome to Jow Forums newfriend. please enjoy your stay

Attached: laugh.jpg (549x395, 25K)

>Rice with beans
>Lentils with onions
>Oats
>Eggs

listen to this guy

also check your store's clearance racks and you can get really good stuff for sometimes like half price

1. Peanut butter ($0.30), flax seeds ($0.05), a banana ($0.30), two slices of whole wheat bread ($0.35), and sesame seeds ($0.01).
>Total: $1.01

2. 1/3 pound of whole wheat pasta ($0.30), 12oz frozen broccoli ($1.00), 1 tablespoon of butter ($0.10), parmesan cheese ($0.15), black pepper ($0.01), chili pepper seasoning ($0.03).
>Total: $1.59

3. 1/6 pound of whole wheat spaghetti ($0.16), 12 oz frozen kale ($1.00), 1 tablespoon of butter ($0.10), parmesan cheese ($0.15), black pepper ($0.01), chili pepper seasoning ($0.03).
>Total: $1.45

4. 3 Organic eggs ($1.00), 1 cup of frozen green/red peppers with onions ($0.30), hot sauce ($0.10), black pepper ($0.01)
>Total: $1.41

5. Small bowl of roasted peanuts ($0.25), hot sauce ($0.15), 40 oz of water (free?)
>Total: $0.40

6. 4 russet potatoes ($.50), 4 carrots ($0.50), two organic cage-free breaded frozen chicken slices ($0.75)
>Total: $1.75

1+2+5 satisfies all the calcium, vitamins, and vegetables you need a day at a cost of $3.00. Plus add one more banana and a cup of almond milk, if you wish for an additional $0.75.

I could use some advice on this front as well so bumping

Checked

boil some milk and add cocoa powder then break off pieces of biscuits in it, it's quite tasty and a nice cheap dessert

Honestly there's nothing much cheaper than peanut butter or rice and beans. What beats it in price?
dude where tf are you buying peanut butter and bread, it's way cheaper than that for one sandwich.

>half price food from clearance racks
Be careful with that, and always check the "use by" date.
Also learn to cook, you can use the same ingredient for many different dishes, like with vegetables, you can make soups and creams, fry them(so you can atleast have some fat in your diet), salads, . . .

Make daal

where do you shop

bag of chicken breast and a bag of broccoli big sac of rice food for a 3 weeks

jus go to mcdicks bruh wtf lol

>dude where tf are you buying peanut butter and bread, it's way cheaper than that for one sandwich.
$2.50 for a loaf of bread, on the lower-end. 14 slices in one pack, including the edges. 2 slices for one sandwich. $2.50 / 7 sandwiches = $0.35

16oz of peanut butter is $2.20, which is enough for roughly 8 sandwiches. $0.27 per sandwich (two slices buttered). Make that natural peanut butter that doesn't contain sugar and it's $3.35, which makes for $0.41 per sandwich. So no, it's not "way cheaper" for one sandwich. Do the math.

>where do you shop
Walmart. I buy it online and get it delivered in their parking lot.

Or stop being some poor faggot ass NEET

chicken drumsticks are cheaper than breast

Been about 16 years since I had to scrape money now a days I go in a store buy what ever I want I still look for sales but fuck it

Chicken, rice and broccoli
Split pea soup with ham
lentils with sausage like keilbasa

Those are generally pretty cheap and cover the spectrum.

>lentils with sausage like keilbasa
This sounds really good right now, will have to make it next time.

wow cucked my loaf of bread which is half gone is 12 slices still
you must load your sandwich with a ton of peanut butter

My mother used to make it a lot when we were kids, cause we were pretty poor. Lentils, veggies like carrots and such, keilbasa, it is cheap as shit and pretty damn healthy overall.

>buying 16 oz
>not buying in bulk to save cost

Attached: 1531868596145.jpg (341x307, 18K)

A pack of 8 hotdogs would have literally been cheaper than that banana.

omg boys cant do shit for themselves i swear im gonna go les.

bulk section: quinoa, lentils, rice, oats, beans (way cheaper bulk)

buy veggies (unpackaged if poss), bananas, apples (cheap versatile fruit)

eggs are cheaper than meat obvi. skip dairy its awful for u and kinda expensive.

get yourself one good unhealthy snack so you dont go crazy.

soup, curries, and chilis last you a long time and are cheap; grilled cheese or pasta if u want unhealthy.

maybe you should go shopping yourself for once instead of letting mommy do it, yeah?

No one gets to buy one tablespoon of butter or 1/3 pound of pasta or 3 eggs. You have to buy it in certain quantities for certain price. You are being misleading. This is important if he only has like 10 or 20 a week to spend.

>boys

this is the absolute state of feminism, we're just boys

Attached: 66666666666666666.jpg (864x655, 82K)

He is giving breakdowns per meal you literal retard.

Attached: 1446005058759.jpg (598x597, 50K)

How do you think I know a pack of hotdogs is 65 cents and bananas are the same price per pound.

Yeah I get that moron but anyone would have to buy the whole package or case ect. It wouldn't be as cost effective as they are trying to make it. Which of is trying to be. Which I explained.

any of those meals would cost at least $20 for me.
>tfw leaflet

Attached: 1532824172880.jpg (2000x2000, 469K)

Most of that shit is non-perishable, at least anything that would be bought in bulk. You save money buy buying those things in bulk, this is penny pinching 101.

He is a poor boy, not a soccer mom shopping at costco.

This is how poor people shop you idiot, you buy the large amounts of cheap, non-perishable shit, then supplement with cheap fresh stuff where you can. You can go to asian markets and buy 50lb bags of rice for example, it isn't just costco. Christ, I haven't even had to do this for at least 12 years now and I still know. You are literally retarded and probably 15, learn to be an adult.

Maybe for tasteless/rubbery hot dogs that are absolute shit quality, not to mention those aren't good for you.

Trips of truth

Originali

>you must load your sandwich with a ton of peanut butter
I do, one tablespoonful of peanut butter per side. I like them thick.

Walmart's natural peanut butter goes up to only 26.5oz, while other natural brands top out at 16oz. If you eat Skippy or Jif, yeah go with that 40oz tub of sugar and hydrogenated rapeseed oil.

>No one gets to buy one tablespoon of butter or 1/3 pound of pasta or 3 eggs. You have to buy it in certain quantities for certain price. You are being misleading. This is important if he only has like 10 or 20 a week to spend.
Come on man. 1 pound of pasta is $1.00. That's anywhere from 3 to 6 days worth of food. If he has only $20 to spend, he can essentially eat everything I listed and feel full all week. I'm not being disingenuous. Your point would make more sense if I listed $15 recipes with saffron and Kalamata olives as ingredients.

My shopping takes literally less than 10 minutes, plus 15 minutes to pick up the order. Some people eat lunch at Subway for $10, while I feed myself healthy food for half a week with the same amount.

Op has 20 foodstamps for the week to spend.

Goes buy 20 pound rice.

Cost 20 foodstamps, all foodstamps gone.

Where is he going to get 3 eggs, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter or 2 slices of bread?

Op would have to buy a dozen eggs, a jar of peanut butter and a loaf of bread.

And the poster who broke down those priced are exaggerating. It costs more than they say even per serving.

OK if he bought that stuff in regular amounts how much would it be.

>make up amount
>decide you must shop every week rather than gather up funds
>after all these random variables you make up, then tell everyone else they are idiots cause your made up scenario doesn't fit

You are an actual tard.

Attached: 1446936962696.jpg (550x550, 28K)

Well let's ask op.

How much do you have to spend And how long does it have to last you op.

Rice can be good if you know how to cook it.

The hardest part about eating on a diet is not necessarily learning how to cook, but learning how to shop. Go to the local baker and specifically ask about day-olds. Sometimes they put it out on sale, sometimes they donate it. If you can, go shopping with some friends and split the cost.

In general:
- Whole food (not the store) is usually cheap
- Pre-packaged food is usually expensive
- Veggies are often cheaper than meat
- Buy in bulk as often as possible
- Check online for coupons. I know that Bulk Barn has printable coupons that give you 3 dollars off any 10 dollar or more order.

Literally the best, easiest, tastiest and most convenient food you can make is soup. Here's how to make soup:
>Gather ingredients
>Put ingredients in pot with water
>Cook

What ingredients? Anything. Fucking anything that is food can go in a soup. You want to make a chicken soup with carrots and potatoes? Fine. You want to make a beef soup with broccoli and peanuts? Perfect. You want to make a soup with literally any protein and any amount and variety of vegetables? Go ahead. Taste as you go until it is good.

Also, if you have access to a freezer, you can store a whole winters worth of soup. They can make a good lunch/dinner in like a few minutes. Just spend an hour or two making a fuck tonne of soup. Trust me, it's worth it.

How about we just give him what he asked for instead of being a fucking retard? I think he can figure out math on his own, we all know split peas, lentils, rice and beans are cheap as fuck, pretty much the cheapest baseline nutrition you can get, then you toss in veggies, cheap meats, etc. where you can, this is how you live as a poor person. There is no getting around it, you aren't going to do better than that, you buy cheap things that work out to a ~$1-2 per meal. The guy that broke it down by meal was just showing how cheap you can eat and still eat healthy, quite being this god damn dense.

Buy a cheap rice cooker, a bag of rice, a bottle of onions sauce, and optionally a couple of cans of tuna. Congrats, you now have a stable and cheap food supply forever. If you have a bit more cash, grab an onion, eggs, dried garlic, frozen peas+carrots, and sesame oil. Congrats, you can now turn one cup of rice into four meals.

And this is why spics shouldn't be allowed on Jow Forums.

No because the prices he put per ingredient and meal were not correct. He made it cheaper than it really is.

He is being deceiving or is deceived himself.

Not to mention his nutritional count is off.

I'm being autistic, not retarded. That poster is wrong.

No, you are being retarded. For example, you decide rice costs "20 foodstamps" which isn't even how they do the program, it is SNAP and they give you a fucking card with X amount of money to spend each month. If you are being so god damn specific yet fuck up even the basics like that, I don't think you have much room to critique. You are in fact, completely retarded.

Attached: grayons.jpg (720x736, 35K)

And the poster, or you, you samefag, put prices and didn't just list the foods like you did in your last post. He pulled cheap prices from his ass to make himself look correct.

Stop replying to him, he's obviously some shitskin who doesn't even know what USD is.

What the fuck is "onions sauce"?

I thought you were memeing when you said rapeseed, but it literally does say rapeseed lmao, didn't know that existed. It's less than 2% though so what's the big deal? Sugar isn't that much either

I making a point if op or anyone is poor and has a limited budget buying a huge bag or rice or beans or definitely rice AND beans is just not doable. It would cost them all their money or might very well be over their limit of money.

I'll wait for you to tally up the total cost of that food if he buys them like he must. You can refuse but it's because you know I'm right.

Soi sauce, I mean. Fucking retarded wordfilter, not even useful on this board. Thanks for catching it.

Rice is literally the most cost effective food you can buy, Pedro.

20lbs of rice, $8.49 at walmart, you are retarded.

walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Long-Grain-Enriched-Rice-20-lb/10315883

>I making a point
Disgusting Brazilian.

show bob and vegene beautuful

advice for poorfags: eat literally anything you can afford that's not op's pic

White rice that has to be enriched???

Oh yeah that sounds healthy.

That 9 dollars already. Go ahead and find all those other items he posted.

why not op's pic?

>And the poster who broke down those priced are exaggerating. It costs more than they say even per serving.
I'm that poster and no, it doesn't. Here, I will do one of them. The rest of the recipes you can either figure out on your own or starve. Whichever comes first.

Peanut Butter Sandwich:

Great Value No-Stir All Natural Creamy Peanut Butter - 16oz (7 servings)
$2.18

Arnold Whole Grains 100% Whole Wheat Bread - 14 slices (7 servings)
$2.98

Non-organic bananas
$0.24 each or $1.68 for the week

>Total Cost: $6.84 / Week

DLC:

Great Value Organic Ground Flax Seed - 16 oz (56 peanut butter sandwiches)
$2.98

Great Value Organic White Seasame Seeds - 2.2 oz (200+ peanut butter sandwiches)
$3.97

These are the luxuries but you can obviously "save up" for these, if you must. If you're on SNAP, then getting sesame seeds are the least of your worries. A peanut butter sandwich will keep you satiated for hours, it's the perfect breakfast, and costs less than $7 for the whole week.

>moving the goalposts this hard
kys pajeet

saving this thread for later

also, anyone got tips on how to be a poorfag and eat healthy?

Aren't we the picky poor person. You eat what you can get when you are broke you fucking brown retard. SNAP gives 1 person an average of $134 a month, assuming he even has some job, he will easily be able to eat the basics that are all pretty cheap you fucking brown retard.

welp i guess i'll chip in a bit

recipe 1:

1 can tomato soup
1 tomato
some frozen vegetables
cayenne pepper
rice

Directions: Fry up the veggies, when they're near cooked to your preference add in the can of tomato sauce and stir it up. As it's warming add cayenne to taste (if you're american don't add much since you mostly eat cardboard).
While this is all happening make the rice(you should fucking already own a rice cooker you fucking anime fags)
Chop up the tomato and add it in to the sauce/veggies turn up the heat a bit and stir for about 2 minutes. Don't let the tomato overcook, you're just warming it.
Put rice on plate/bowl and then the sauce mixture on the rice.

This is actually a really good recipe for a date if she doesn't see how you're making it.

Recipe 2:

1 ramen
1 egg
some frozen veggies

boil the veggies with the ramen, when it's almost done crack an egg in it and let it poach. Personally i prefer to not let the egg cook right through since after you can mix it into the dish and it really thickens it up.

bonus points if you make your own ramen, it's crazy easy. Personally i'd suggest looking up some jap recipes they're easy and cheap, and much healthy.

Recipe 3:

Easy fucking soup.

1 some water
1 a bunch of chopped up ginger(not spice actual ginger it's cheap as fuck because most westerners don't eat it)
1 onion
1 tomato
1 carrot
some salt/pepper
1 a bit of cabbage (which is cheap as fuck year round atleast where i live)

Put it all in a pot and simmer for a half hour. you have soup. If you go to the discount grocery stores you can cheap chicken quite often and just put a drumstick or whatever in it as well for taste and some meat.

Attached: 1444420777614.gif (354x534, 208K)

Split peas, beans, lentils. These all are cheap and very nutritional. Add in cheaper meats like chicken thighs/drums, eggs, fresh or frozen veggies, you can stretch it pretty far.

>o-oh no but it's not HEAAALTHYYYY
Please die.

That looks tasty. Imma try it. Brb

Eggs are God's gift to mankind and you can literally never eat enough. They go into a million different recipes and are great on their own, and go well with just about any seasoning under the sun.

fucking breathing air, not giving a fuck
Christ i hate eating
t. almost 40 pounds underweight

>I thought you were memeing when you said rapeseed, but it literally does say rapeseed lmao, didn't know that existed. It's less than 2% though so what's the big deal? Sugar isn't that much either
Yeah, I lol'd at rapeseed too when I first heard about them. As for hydrogenated oils, they can cause cancer. Same reason why "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" us terrible for you, unlike regular butter. You probably won't get cancer from eating a peanut butter sandwich here and there, but I wouldn't risk it. Especially when it's a difference of less than a dollar at the most.

Cute anime poster. Can confirm on the egg thing, I often buy the dirt-cheap Maruchan shit and just toss the seasoning packets, since mixing an egg or two in is way tastier.

Attached: 148.gif (400x480, 443K)

>I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
that's just MargaretMargaretnMargaretMargaretn

Just eat beans

Unironically chili. Campbell's makes a good instant chili you can enjoy after 2 minutes in a microwave, and Wal-Mart has it knocked off in like 9 varieties. It's got over 20g protein in each serving and is filling and tastes great. The Walmart version is like $2.50 a cup.

>buying Campbell's products ever

that seems crazy expensive to me. Why not just make your own?

>2.50 per meal
That's fucking ridiculous, literally cheaper to go out.

Instant chili is trash and you can make your own much cheaper as well as way healthier.

Op wants healthy, white rice is not healthy.

It LITERALLY , has to be enriched with nutrition.

Would you stop chimping out and stop being racist please. It adds nothing to the conversation and makes you look ignorant.

BTW, white people can be poor too.

No, Raj, OP said "somewhat nutritious/tasty". Rice is literally the most reliable staple food on Earth, absolutely nothing is better to keep you from being hungry if you're poor and lack options.

>muh autism feelings

You know where you belong.

Attached: reddit.jpg (717x880, 141K)

>mup da do didda bix nood
Y-You too

OP is likely white, it's just that this Indian chimp is sperging out at one of the few people ITT to actually give suggestions.

>stop being racist
>on Jow Forums
kys roastie

Fuck y'all I've lived off of this trash for 3 months now. All I buy is instant chili and beer.

Enjoy your ass cancer faggot

Actually corn, or as I like to call it, maize is.

You sound like a real fucking winner.

fuk yu

You reek of failed normalfag.

fuk yu 2

Rice is much cheaper than corn. even mexicans eat it more often and in most of their dishes. corn is primarily grown for cows.

Canned tuna tastes a lot less canned if you chop up cheap veggies, throw them in there, and add lemon, spices, and mayo.