Marriage is fake now

Sister just had a bridal shower. Cake was a dick. Cookies were all shaped like diamond rings. Whole thing was mostly women and their mothers, all prattling about what they had at their weddings. Older ladies talking about multiple husbands, one of the younger ones talking about her next husband as she doesn't see her marriage working out. Girls talking about the perfect things to say in the "vows".

I now realize how silly and fake modern weddings are. Weddings used to be ceremonies of holy union. It was a woman becoming part of a man through church magic and their own verbal contracts to god to be part of each other until death. It's all just an excuse to have big parties and get presents now though. Then you get divorced and do it again when you get bored. All the "vows" are just lip service and showy theatrics. Nothing means anything and the woman won't take the man's last name if it doesn't sound better than hers. Modern marriages are purely vanity and tax breaks. There's no actual union going on any more. Not in the eyes of the women, anyway.

We're getting pretty close to the complete dissolution of anything even resembling civilized culture and tradition. Women have pretty much already gone feral. I wonder what comes next

Attached: zkfi173jjx2ngrn03r2m.jpg (2250x1500, 1019K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cb3MLHblnbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=S8mMA4ptzcU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Literally only happening in the west. Come to South Africa where the women are still subservient to men

Just date a cute boy instead user.

Attached: 1527580952579.jpg (540x376, 65K)

>Weddings used to be ceremonies of holy union
marriage was originally a secular institution, it only become entwined completely with religion in the high middle ages (and even then the church authorities were not required until later)

marriage's where it's at. if people, predominantly women, put even half the effort into their marriage as they do into that meaningless celebration, we wouldn't be seeing such a high divorce rate in the west. weddings are a costly, unnecessary, vapid waste of time

well, people are stupid.

>Just come to [worst place on planet], bro. We still have another week before the corruption spreads to us!
every time

Shoo shoo nasty faggot butt-rat.

>society is shit and its values are superficial
More at 11

Attached: 1442193377452.jpg (186x159, 8K)

What's gay about a cute girl(male)?

Attached: 1528250751385.jpg (850x1189, 151K)

I had my wedding in a barn, shit was cash. My low maintenance gf has turned into a low maintenance wife. Was virgin when we met old school traditional values. Like to cook and clean etc. Definitely hit the lotto but sometimes it's not always a sham

You can't do anything about other people, user. You must be the change you wish to see.

If and when you get married, make those vows sincere and make sure your spouse also takes them seriously. That's all you can do. Let the normalfags go through 17 shitty marriages if they want to. Their choice. You make your own.

Gtfo AIDSmonkey, back to your faggot thread no one wants to smell your unwiped ass crack.

Yeah this is why MGTOW exists. You're absolutely right. It's a shame what's happened to the traditional family.

I don't think this is gay at all.

Attached: 1507443870978.png (1920x1080, 397K)

MGTOW is ridiculous and doesn't fix anything. Its entire credo is to let everything get worse while you ignore it and "do your own thing", which is just to keep telling people that you're doing your own thing in a very butthurt manner. Its very existence is the child of passive-aggressive immaturity. No man with neurons still firing would be part of something so petty.

Maybe straight guys should start giving you idiots 20 minutes to prove yourselves in person. This anime spam is doing you no favors. Worst case scenario, you get beaten to death but I'm rooting for you.

>Just came to Sout Afrika, witey
>Promise not to necklace you

Have a gf exactly like that, is it worth the whole waiting until marriage meme?

Yeah social norms about weddings are so stupid... have to buy an expenisve wedding ring and pay like 10k for a stupid ceremony. For what? The pictures? I wish people found it more normal to have smaller, quieter weddings instead of trying to show off to other people.

I don't get how normies can seem to understand that many you should use the thousands you spend on an wedding and or ring ON A FUCKNG MORGAGE OR SOMETHING IMPORTANT LIKE THAT INSTEAD OF ONE FUCKNG DAY

So far seems to be only time will tell though. She shares a lot of interests with me likes wrenching on stuff and what not. Got her an old square body chevy for Christmas drives that almost more than her regular car. One bug thing though is we have separate lives. Not like we don't live together or love each other but in the sense we don't have to be together 24-7. She has her own friends I have mine we do stuff together bit are fine doing stuff on our own too. Makes a bug difference and makes out time together.ore special

It seems to be all about the day. My sister has gone full bridezilla and I'm not sure the lifetime that follows the wedding is even part of her consciousness.

Sounds like a decent setup.
We also have our own separate lives and whatnot, the only issues I worry about are different interests.

Actually marriage is a union before the state to receive certain benefits as a couple. If you view it as anything more you're objectively wrong.

And it never was anything more than an incentive to make babies anyway.

I have been to a couple of those pre marriage reunion thingys and I swear to you we never had any of that shit.
I'm a huehue and seriously the closest thing we had was some chitchat that some aunties and their old lady friends were talking about random shit and bitching about their husbands but no penis shaped cakes or strippers and whatsoever you guys think we do.
The closes wtf momment I ever had was my cousin who had a boobjob and kept asking me if I wanted to see and feel them and I was like wtf get out of here.

There was a long time before the "state" existed. You do realize this

Women went feral because you did first you little school shooter alt right faggot

>MGTOW is ridiculous and doesn't fix anything

good
Let the world burn. Usually a big war would have solved the issue. But a big war will basically obliterate us.

so we sit back in our selfishness and enjoy
What are you going to do? Shame us? Tax us?

Depends how different and wether you can work through it or not. If they are vastly different might be an issue.

It's just vanity. All it is. The wife-to-be is comparing her wedding to the weddings she's seen growing up, the weddings in her family, of her friends, etc, and she wants hers to be the biggest and the best.

It's the same with relationships, houses, suburbs, jobs, schools, etc. No one wants to "settle" in any regard so they take on huge amounts of debt (not just monetary) to live the 'perfect' life, or give the impression that they are. It'll only get worse as kids who have been inundated with social media from birth reach adulthood.

I honestly think if you raise a kid not to care about status or impressing people, you've done half the job already.

There was long time where Marriage was a tool to generate capital off undesired (i.e. all) daughters.

Married user here, we had a very simple wedding with none of the meme shit you talk about. As for
>Weddings used to be ceremonies of holy union. It was a woman becoming part of a man through church magic and their own verbal contracts to god to be part of each other until death
I couldn't disagree more. I come from a church family and we had a church wedding that was very much a 'holy union', but it wasn't about her becoming part of me. She's not my property. It was about committing ourselves (equally) to the love we felt to each other and having that love witnessed by our family, the church and God.
You have a very superfical understanding of this kind of love and of the process of a church wedding I think

Guaranteed you're a roastie. Guaranteed.

I would rather be married to the most diseased degenerate whore in America than have to go to South Africa.

No one said it had to be expensive I had mine in a barn and a 150$ ring. Gotta find a girl that don't give AF about superficial stuff

>tfw getting married and using a ring I found in a dirt lot
>all-in-all gonna be about a thousand but we'll make that back with the difference in taxes next year

You are not part of the 'was' though, as you exist today. You're part of the now. Originally, the woman became the property of the man. It's why she took his name and why she became known as "Mrs" (the S got added to Mr as to show possession). I'm not saying things should have been this way but that's the way they were.

Also >I come from a church family:

Ephesians 5:21
>Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

Genesis 2:24
>Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

I could quote scripture back at you talking about love being the exact opposite of that. It's worth remembering that the bible was not written by god but by men, and so the bible reflects cultural attitudes of the time. I am not a biblical literalist and so I don't see any reason for the scripture you posted to effect my world view.
>You are not part of the 'was' though, as you exist today. You're part of the now
What time scale are you talking here? You have not made it clear when this change happened in your eyes. Are we talking a few decades? Centuries? Eons?
For at least the last few generations of people, at least where I live and in my family/church, this was not the case and women were not considered property so literally. If you're saying this is from before then; why is that relevant to anything from today at all? Why is that a fair comparison to modern society to be used as a means of critiquing it?
We go back far enough and we would have got our water from aqueducts. That doesn't mean indoor plumbing is bad for virtue of making aqueducts obsolete.

The bible is full of archaic shit, what are you trying to say?

SHOOT THE BOER, BOOM POW! SHOOT TO KILL!

youtube.com/watch?v=Cb3MLHblnbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=S8mMA4ptzcU

Attached: kisstheboer.png (1211x679, 1.09M)

Don't randomly jump into co0nversations you're not part of. Especially when you put no effort into knowing what's being discussed.

Only go to South Africa if you have a death wish.

>It was a woman becoming part of a man through church magic and their own verbal contracts to god to be part of each other until death.

Fucking hell, why are so many people incapable of just being decent conservative people without adding some magic woo to it?

Attached: 1456550726777.jpg (350x350, 28K)

Isn't getting a lap dance from a stripper the central tradition of a bachelor party?

No, you have to fuck the stripper without a condom, no matter how dirty and aids-ridden she may be

Marriage has had religious overtones since time immemorial. This wasn't a middle ages thing lad.

Not at all comparable. A bachelor party is "last hurrah" for the about-to-be married man. He is preparing for his commitment to a life of dedication to one woman so his buddies get him suggestively sexual contact with one last other woman.

With women, the bridal shower a celebration of getting things, jewelry and attention.

Pretty much the whole of Africa is a complete shit hole. No thanks

I'd rather die, than live in a shit hole like that

Attached: 1532323108521.png (596x739, 52K)

I won't excuse that, those type of bachelor parties are also degenerate. I won't be getting a stripper.

Its not too uncommon for them to get male strippers now as well

Because marxism tainted scientific thought and now parade its corpse around as a trophy and people outside of that world don't understand that there are still scientists who hold themselves to orthodox scientific ethics even if they are few and rare and never come out as being so

I find weddings extremely cringey, you're walking down an aisle pretending you're a queen or a celebrity for a big audience. Basically showing off. Its just so fake and shallow and I have no idea how people get so emotional over it.

thankfully me and my asian wife got married in some courthouse. Might renew our vows when we have kids one day so her family can see us get married though. I'm not a fan of it but I'll do it.

Attached: 1532921818439.jpg (800x649, 121K)

@ the bachelor(ette) ceremony I hope my betrothed will get banged in every orifice by my best friend and a certain someone dicks my anus