What's it like to be smart?

What's it like to be smart?

Attached: 1532381692226.png (656x755, 42K)

dunno but I can tell you what's it's like to think your smart

You can't understand how anyone could get any other grades than A or B in school when the test material has been repeated, repeated and repeated and it has been personally verified that everyone knows the material.

I don't trust my own judgement when it comes to my own intelligence, but I can tell you that I feel like wasted potential. I am at least the average, so I could be SOMETHING but I was just raised too poorly.

It sucks. You have no idea how much it sucks to women chase around brainlet chads while you sit alone drinking

You talk and people don't understand you. They pick up key words and reinterpret what you said through their own filter. It took me years to realize people were doing this.

You get even more angry about your mistakes, you know you should be able to do better.
You assume everyone else is too and feel let down when they do not get shit.
You have the means to aim higher, so you feel even more loser to yourself when end up in the average.

It's awful. At least if I had a better personality, or physique.

Being dumb, ugly and unpleasant to be around is the holy trinity of a robot.

>autist keeps stuttering and mumbling "big" words when he talks to me
>try to pretend like his mere presence doesn't disgust me
>do my best to discern what he's saying and give him a response without really paying attention because he's annoying and smelly

protip: anyone who answers your question isn't smart.

very good
I post brainlet pictures and infographics and shit related to my ethnic identity to brag about achievements I had no influence

fucking nigger

This for sure. I only ever got a B in gym and I didn't really study either. I can't really tell you what it's like being smart because I don't know what it's like being dumb.

Although if you call yourself dumb, you're probably miles ahead of those people that think they are smart on the streets and stuff.

I think everyone experiences that

Honestly being 'smart' doesn't even really seem to be as much of an advantage nowadays.

The dumbasses with 120 IQ who think they're a genius because nobody likes them probably have it way worse in life than a genuinely nice kid who has an IQ of 80 and does mediocre in studies/work.

The most cringe kinda guy is that cunt fag who just sharts a bunch of word soup and just makes life shittier for the people he's bothering in conversation.
>pic related

Pro tip: if you think you're superior because people don't understand you, it just means that you make no fucking sense. If you're too busy sucking your own chode to notice how retarded you sound, that just makes you conceited, not smart.

Attached: image.jpg (645x729, 22K)

how the fuck should I know

(hurr originality)

It's awesome.

Except when other people view you as a threat and attack you constantly over it.

Hey hey hey
You are the poisonous hateful douche. Nobody GENUINELY likes you.

Meaningless and I'll tell you why.
First of all...

Just some tough love, user. Just don't have your head up your rectum, like some of these retards.

>inb4 baited reeee

>your smart
Oof, brainlet.

Can't be smart if you're racist :)

you can be smart AND not a hateful douche. You just happen to be both.

ye that's the joke

How can you know this?

Confusing. It feels completely natural to understand things in their entirety immediately, but what you fail to understand is that others aren't as capable of this.

Take something you're really good at, it can be anything. Now, do you "feel" that you are good at this thing, or is it more that you don't understand why others aren't good at it too, since it's so natural for you to be good at it?

Attached: 1258913030842.jpg (544x819, 62K)

if you understand things but don't know how to make people understand you i believe that is autism not being intelligent.

>don't have to study for tests and still be able to get an A
>be able to pick up on information quickly and find patterns easily
>find flaws in other peoples arguments and your own
>be able to find multiple solutions to a problem and determine which one is the best

What type of "smart" are you talking about? memorizing the letter-choice test smart and thinking a fancy diploma determined it?

Terrible. You realize everyone is stupid (including yourself), and that every single individual is pretending to know what they're doing. Fucking hell, I can't believe this world even functions. It's quite shocking how broken and inefficient everything is. The worst part is that you know everyone is extremely stupid and can't do anything to fix how terrible this world is. Even the so called "top 0.01%" intelligencefags.

I think op is smart enough to distinguish between people who pays a diploma and real smart ones

i suppose this would be one of the major fallbacks of intelligence is at some point you will realize that nobody who is in charge of anything is more qualified than you and there's nothing you can do about it.

that post makes it sound like a narcissistic thing but to explain more clearly, as children we're comforted because we know our parents will take care of everything. we don't lose the feeling as adults we just transfer it to our government, we assume someone somewhere knows how to run this thing and is doing their job. the intelligent are too woke for this comfort.

It's because people keep following the older boomer way of doing shit. This "work hard" drivel doesn't work fast enough to pay off pointless debts, but that's not the problem. People aren't smart enough to realize that you already are professional enough in your degree, so have you considered free lancing your experience as a maybe a mentor or teacher? It seems to me, For example, that everyone is getting outright scammed by the older generation, the same generation who doesn't know how Facebook is getting money, the same generation who doesn't know how WI-FI works. You know you can legit just say "Fuck it" and leave college? Open a crowfunding site and charge lessons directly on the internet? The more people do it, the more the old system dies. But the problem is, people are afraid of not making it any where. We're going in a circle, looking down on the ground in shame saying stupid shit like "That's life, work hard, that's life, work hard, that's life, work hard, that's life." No, that's not even remotely life. That's some brainlet, boomer logic trying to control the narrative of what life should be and it's failing. I see countless articles saying shit like "Millennial are killing this, Millennial aren't getting married, Millennial this and that." It's scaring them! Why doesn't anybody open their eyes? You know you want to work hard, so do it in a different, new way.

Adding to that, these idiots are getting more and more money for doing jack shit, because people instantly think that by getting a degree, they'll just hire you. No, apparently, you have to spend 5 years to gain experience for them to MAYBE consider hiring you. That system is retarded. The idea of trade schools need to replace these shitty schools that we have. All just one entire thing.

I-is this pasta? It's hard to tell these days

Attached: 1529080306172.jpg (897x767, 72K)

Why? Gonna call me retarded and foolish?

Well no, I just wanted to know if it's pasta or not.

Learning is genuinely fun. Sometimes you have to put effort in to connect the dots of more complex subjects but once you see how it all fits together it's awesome to behold. Languages are fun and easy to learn. I would be a professional student and learn my whole life if that were possible, but alas a bachelor's and a master's are the breakpoint for what's financially feasible for me. And no I don't want to go into academia, all but the most senior and tenured professors are someone's bitch who are overworked and underpaid.

Depending on who you're talking to you have to decide how to phrase things or even what topics to discuss. I can interact with most normies just fine but I typically find it exhausting and not worth the effort.

You're very self-aware and strive to find areas of improvement and where your flaws are. Of course this isn't a universal trait of smart people but if someone clearly never has any introspection they're not particularly bright in my eyes.

I hate the way normies do things so inefficiently, but to be fair that's probably just my engineering education spilling over into everyday life - I'm not sure I'd think this way if I studied something else.

I get bored of everyday life with its tedium and stupidity everywhere and end up having a few more drinks than most people. Part of that is probably my alcoholic grandfather's genes, even though I'm but alcoholic myself.

basically this.
what uni did you go to, out of curiousity?

Well, it's not and sorry if I'm being brash. I'm just really angry and I want people to notice the solution in their eyes. you can kind of point out the success people had, because it's so logical.

>Netflix, Hulu, etc killed TV, because why would you pay someone more money, for ads that pay them more money?

Think the obvious and you can replace with something better.

>Raises right eye-brow
>Smiles slyly

It's like a cummy in the tummy from your late great grandmummy yeah son we on that metal shit, that rap shit putting unce in the moshpit

Everything is too easy. All you do is win, harder than Sheen when he was banging seven gram rocks in one sitting. You're raking in the dough, the ladies are after your cock, you have the respect of all your colleagues. People are secretly envious of you and all your dreams are realized right before your eyes because you planned for it to happen, you're always two steps ahead and you ALWAYS find a means to your desired end no matter what. You look around and all you see are subordinates and betas and you are a god among them. You know how shit is going to go down before it even happens, you're able to think your problems and issues through and come up with a rational and logical solution for all of it.

Mediocre state school. One of my biggest regrets. I was busy leaving the cult of Mormonism, socializing, and playing basketball in high school and ended up with a B-average GPA. As a white male in a middle class family that means zero scholarships and zero chance of admission into an elite school... Not that I realized my potential at the time. I figured I was smart enough for college and that was about it. My professors in grad school told me I should apply to MIT for my PhD but I don't want to go that route. I'm happy making decent money with a low-stress life.

You sound like you have delusions of grandeur user. You touched on some truths but that just sounds utterly ridiculous.

You just "win" because you want to win.
Your brain is setting goals and striving to achieve them.

My brain doesn't do that, and I have a 116 IQ, but no friends, no job, and no girlfriend.

I can't even care.

Think before you speak.. And don't get overexcited or at all.. And think that everyone else isn't smart either

Fair enough I guess.
I just know theres a few ivybots, several at ivy+ schools, a good number at public ivies, and even a handful at military academies here.
I fucked up a bit too and missed admission to an Ivy+ by a hair. Oh well.

Attached: 508E6BA7-EF82-410B-9A5D-3FD5DDE7818F.jpg (480x480, 63K)

How hard would it be for a brainlet to go to a community college ? Also what are brainlet friendly stem majors ?

>You talk and people don't understand you. They pick up key words and reinterpret what you said through their own filter. It took me years to realize people were doing this.

:/ I don't want this anymore. Time for a drink. Through all this depression I wonder what the fuck is being smart good for?

Life is damn unliveable if it's all happening inside your head.

why are you asking us? do you know where you are?

Attached: 666.jpg (300x300, 18K)

Are you me? Everything applies except the alcohol part.

Brainlet and STEM are an oxymoron combination, but try for example car repair, plumber if you are a male or nurse if you are a female.

it really depends on locale, near the southern shithole I inhabit intelligence is demonized and arguably this permanently alienated me from the rest of my peers, but I'm sure if I had born elsewhere I wouldn't be as bitter about having decent brains as I am in the middle of bumfuckistan

Roastie detected. Alert the guards.

Attached: 11F8C7BE-9CFA-47A8-B010-1C6A0FC890D9.gif (260x209, 1.65M)

Wouldn't know OP. me are pretty dumb lol :P

Attached: 1533055093796.png (645x614, 83K)

It's torture.

Most people don't understand you. The difference between a retard and a normal person is 20IQ points. (Let's assume IQ is a thing). If your IQ is above 120, most average people will seem like retards to you. It's horrible. My IQ is between 120-140 and I live quite a lonely (by choice) existence.

You have your anxiety on overdrive because of your ability to think through things faster, you get laid less all other things being equal, you're bored stiff by a lot of normie culture/job.

Yet you're able to think through solutions to your problems easily, can achieve things at school/some jobs without trying, and kick ass at games.

Everywhere I've gone I've always been treated as a smart person. I've thought a lot about what "smart" means. It's largely a social status related to having a narrow set of skills. It's clear other people have skills that utilize the brain, like an ability to manage extremely complex social environments while never forgetting anybodies name. I completely lack this skill and actually am aggressively socially retarded. I have middling to slow reflexes, reflexes are largely brain limited, and this doesn't get me called dumb.

However I do really well at typical STEM stuff, games, read a lot, have a huge vocabulary, and have a high verbal IQ. I have a lot of intellectual hobbies, I'm talkative, and fit stereotypes about what smart people look like. So people go "yeah that guy is smart".

I knew one guy, I wouldn't say their IQ was 80, but it couldn't have been breaking 100 but I saw them studying at their favorite studying spot literally every time I went there. I pulled just as high grades as them while putting in a lot less effort, but I have no doubt he's doing better than me today.

One of the humbling things about turning from a "smart but lazy" teenager to becoming an adult and realizing that you can't flip off laziness like a switc. You gradually become stupider while 100IQ people absolutely whiz by you in life while you masturbate to your ability to beat other people at board games. The biggest meme is having pride in your POTENTIAL rather than your ability to actually do things like get As in school and accomplish intellectually difficult feats. Don't fall for the smart but lazy meme zoomers.

Humility is a sign of intelligence. If you're humble enough to question your own intelligence then you're ahead of the curve.

I ended up finding crazy solutions to issues. My solutions got me in trouble. I don't have common sense. I instead think about how to solve issues using 10 variables at once. Considering all the variables instead of how it looks to others. Then people call me a bad person.

Can confirm. And IQ is a thing. The way the average white person views the average nigger is how I view the average white person.

Talking and people not understanding you just means you're a pretentious midwit.

Think of Trump. Trump graduated Wharton, which is a school you can get into because of your parents, but you can't graduate just on merit of who your parents are. He CAN read and speak at the level of a university graduate. Yet he regularly speaks at a 4th grade level and explains his politics in very simple terms. America... is going to WIN again. Hillary is CROOKED. I LOVE the poorly educated. This is intentional because he's trying to appeal to a broader base of voters. Those brainlets elected him and now he's sitting in the oval office.

Is like wanting to kill myself everyday cuz life is boring as fuck

I think that true intelligence means curiosity and the ability to perceive others' character clearly.

Unfortunately, for most, intelligence just means the ability to dominate others and judge things/people via the law of parsimony.

For instance, it was not until very recently that humans started showing serious scientific interest in animal intelligence. I'm not really sure what led to the paradigm shift that made people interested in crows solving puzzles or whatever, but I would be interested in learning more about ethology just because popular attitudes towards it have been so dismissive and guarded.

People who are moderately intelligent yet also incredibly pretentious or amoral are always worse people than those who are genuinely of limited capacity

People have told me I'm smart all the time throughout my life and also told me about all this potential I had. Though I felt like I was smarter than the absolute average person, I never connected with the feeling of this potential I supposedly had. I never felt that I was going to become much better than I already was, through work or anything else.
The main times when I felt a sense of real self worth was being around my friends all the time. Now that we all live in different parts of the country and I'm alone except for my parents I don't feel that I have anything in life, that the only thing that will ever really change is just my line of work, and that doesn't mean a lot to me. I feel like nothing without my old network of friends and have been a long time alcoholic now, been drinking for 10 years and it's caused me some problems in the last 5 of them. But that's basically all I do now is drift through life drinking, not really taking interest in anything or enjoying things very often at all.

I don't think there is a correlation between having more than 100IQ and being less personable but having higher IQ is an advantage that can be precieved as unfair when utilized well in for example careers.
People with higher IQ tend to do better in their careers, which would result in more of them having managing positions, which would make them more likely to be disliked by their coworkers because of power imbalances.
Also you are underestimating what 80IQ or just low IQ entails. An induvidual with 80IQ is almost retarded and will struggle with a lot of aspects of life that normal people take for granted.

i was gifted in intelligence, but i couldn't stand the other smart kids. one, they weren't funny. it's like they were being forced to be academic. two, a lot of them really did seem autistic, but back in the day people really didn't know about autism, so everyone just thought that's how really intelligent people act, you know, the guys wearing socks and sandals, eating by themselves, giant heads, bad hygiene.
they also held too much pride in their intelligence.

yeah, if that's all you have, then you're going to hold a lot of pride in it.
after a while i stopped valuing my own intelligence so much and tried working on being a more balance individual.
balance is actually more important than specialization in the long wrong.

balanced*
run*

>IQ
Yeah no

>Yet he regularly speaks at a 4th grade level and explains his politics in very simple terms.

I think his speech pattern is the way it is partially because of this type of dumbing-down or tailoring, but I also think it's a result of the fact that he stands at the end of a lifetime where his instincts always served him well and the social conventions of his class really didn't. So he "talks out of his ass" because, in his experience, his ass has usually been either right, or lucky (which is even better than right).

Successful young people want to use the right jargon, to show that they belong. Successful old people, especially those who have been successful a long time, deliberately make no effort at using the right jargon because FUCK YOU I DON'T NEED TO KNOW THAT BULLSHIT. Every successful old guy I've ever met talked pretty much exactly like a crazy drunk at the VFW. It wasn't an affectation; they just didn't see any value in being a bright-eyed and bushy-tailed wonk.

Being able to understand everything and everyone around you is too stupid to understand or fix anything.

Attached: 1458586119045.jpg (629x505, 33K)

I agree that balance is extremely important.

Another thing I have noticed is that moderately intelligent people who make a lot of money are often some of the biggest jerks around.

Bonus points if they like to drink. I like to drink, but sometimes I wish I didn't. The company is often terrible. I don't know why, but alcoholics are almost always the kind of people who think they know everything, and then always have this need to snipe off some rude or even demeaning comment apropos of nothing.

You're not very smart if you use all that intellect to waste valuable time obsessing over worthless wenches.

people's drive to succeed is often at the expense of others. "ill show them!" "ill prove them all wrong for doubting me!" "at least i can feel good knowing i'm not broke/ghetto/homeless", etc, etc.

very few people actually become successful as a means to help other people.

Imagine having to put on a facade your whole life just so people don't think you're a complete wierdo, and old being able to bee urself for like 0.1% of people.
Also you're a little better at math so that's a plus

It wouldn't bother you as much if you weren't such a pussy and faggot.

It's almost the same as being on the other side of the spectrum, you know how limited you are, how you could be smarter. If you introspect you see flaws and inefficiencies, if you were to ask how smart you are, the only proper reply is "not smart enough".

Things just make sense, and often by simply asking the question you can discern the answer or more importantly how to obtain it. I hope this doesn't sound pretentious because I feel that's an ugly flaw - the assumption that you are so much better than others in all ways. You recognize that while you are good, someone else can be better through specialization - things are easy to pick up, but require dedication and work to hone. Being intelligent is potential, not a static metric.

This was difficult to write because I wanted to to be accurate, and yet it's still incomplete.

Attached: 1507562768892.png (485x443, 22K)

this entire thread is funny.
you cannot answer this question correctly without eliminating your ethos
and those qualified to answer the question would probably either
>not be here
>not have an adequate answer or
>not have the desire to answer, for the question has many nuances

What does smart even mean?
I wish I knew the answer.

What is that word user is it a insult?

>What does smart even mean?
>I wish I knew the answer.

I already answered this. It's a combination of a social status and an ability to perform well doing a certain set of tasks. Being smart doesn't necessarily mean you have a superior brain to somebody who isn't smart. It just means you're tuned for certain tasks.

There are different types of smart, just find the one thing you excel at and try to turn into something productive.

Whatever.

"Who can say what being smart even means?!" is one of those statements that *sounds* like it should be profound, but it really isn't. It's a common enough sentiment today that it's almost a social convention - we ritually repeat it, both as a sop to the stupid: "If we *really* understood all the different types of intelligence (snort) we'd understand that you're smart, too!" and as a humblebrag: "Well, gosh, I have to fall back on epistemic humility because there's just so much NUANCE here! I do so love NUANCE!"

I can talk to any native English speaker for 15 minutes and, assuming they aren't deliberately trying to deceive me, I guarantee you that I could guess their IQ to within 5 points. It's much, much less complex than it's currently being purported to be.

That's being motivated, not smart.

This, people almost think you speak a different language shit was so infuriating when I still tried to have friends .

Attached: 2005-cadillac-deville-frontside_cadev051.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Brainlesshere, if u want to feign higher iq, just be more awareness of crap. And sleep more well.
What was funny so playing that bad dragon humanity card game online and friends could tell my card pick since it would be a good fit card. Feelsbad if not brainlet and have crippling anxieties. It's weird since I'm opting to fail and die than try but feels better than conforming to shit that doesn't matter. Goddamm normal fags ree

That's under the premise that smart is about being most apt toward society.
The linguistic hell of making smart mean something to everyone is half the trouble.

It directly correlates to your value system.

maybe the smart man killed himself long ago and we're all just dunces, continuing to live through this perpetual hell without meaning

IQ 120 here, do not consider myself smart honestly and it is kind of a curse. You're smart enough to easily get top grades in every class without any effort and to understand more about the world around you, but everything is miserable. I wanted to become a math professor but at some point in higher academia you level out and become average at higher courses, and your advantage becomes meaningless. You're smart enough where average people will say "LOL you're so SMART XD", but not smart enough to ever and I mean EVER actually make a change in the academic fields you want to. Wanting a Ph.D. becomes becoming a high school teacher or working a soulless office job wondering where it all went wrong. Everything feels soulless. You're given enough knowledge to see minor glimpses of the celestial heavens, but your hands can only reach up and grasp at the night stars. I want to fucking blow my brains out every single day. I was "gifted" an IQ one standard deviation above the mean and for what? Extreme social inadequacy? Never meeting a girl and falling in love? I was unfairly given a curse in exchange for my sanity, in exchange for neurotypicality, in exchange for my chance at a normal life. I envy the average.

Attached: 9avn1ntypjhpuqSvJcloUrcAy90xUO-J9Ccp9903j9Y.jpg (1024x481, 124K)

Smart people don't become managers. Sociopaths become managers. Sociopaths also happen to have higher average IQ. This is why the stats are bonk. They don't correctly control for alternate variables. They bunch together the rare people with IQ 160+ with the bottom-of-the-barrel 80- IQ monkeys and the average, of course, is rather low. They average the just-above-mean IQ of managers and therefore decide all managers are geniuses and since managers are geniuses then IQ predicts being a manager.

he said 'smart' not 'wannabe smart'.

user, it feels like how you feel. Because you are smart. Never let anyone tell you otherwise.

>t. triggered alcoholic

I just needed to vent lad, I'm miserable.

This is less about being smart and more about being hyper critical. You hate when others don't meet your expectations or when you don't meet your own, not everyone experiences this but you don't have to be smart to be l hyper critical.

It's like a nightmare you can't wake up from. You see flaws in people's logic, that they get angry when you point out, you see your own flaws, yet are powerless to do anything about them, you see problems in the system, that nobody else cares about and more. You may breeze through school, but then realize it doesn't mean jack shit when you hit the real world, because everyone else is fucking retarded. And yes, it feels like when I'm talking to another person, that they exist in an entirely different plane of reality. Also, it's like everyone stopped improving their lexicon in grade 3. Really, it's just frustrating; you really notice how little difference there is between the average person and an ape.

and that you're no different

My entire premise is that "smart" is societally determined. You can't for example come up with your own definition of smart, and expect people to take you seriously. Smart doesn't have a fixed definition that is unchanging across societies or over time or even from person to person. However, generally people understand what "Smart" means.

Smart is a label give people in order to make an educated guess about what skills they likely have. Today people who do well at IQ tests and a certain set of intellectual activities are considered "smart". Compared to the past disability is less of an impediment to being seen as smart compared to the past. People will treat those they bestow with the label of "smart" differently than other people, they will have certain expectations of them. This is what gives the concept a lot of utility because "smart" people tend to do REALLY well in academia and certain jobs.

It's nothing more than that. It doesn't speak to your other virtues and being "Smart" is correlated with certain character flaws like arrogance, narcissism, hubris, social retardation, and anxiety. It can be unrelated or negatively related to other brain related skills.
A "smart" person in the wrong environment can be worse than a "dumb" person. I've heard of police agencies cutting officers over a certain IQ margin because they tend to get bored of the mindless nature of writing traffic tickets and quit.

However there is definitely such a thing as "smart" people.

Some of what I said is, in part, is motivation, I agree. However, my continuing motivation stemmed from the initial success I had, which would not have been so great were it not for my intelligence. The two attributes build off each other in a positive feedback loop. The rest of what I said had little or nothing to do with motivation.

The answer to OP's question is inherently subjective, so that's my subjective response to how it feels... if I fall under the category of "smart" in the first place (which of course I think I do, as do many, but I have a lot behind that claim to back it up). It's nearly impossible for me to remove the role motivation plays in how I describe it because in specific contexts, they are very intertwined. Like if you asked someone who's in love how sex feels, they can't help but include the association with love even though love, strictly speaking, isn't sex, but it contributes to it in an undeniable and substantial way. The same question posed to a chadbro picking up Stacies at your local bar would likely only talk about dick-in-pussy sensations.

People treat me like I'm dumb, but at least I'm not a virgin. My mum thinks shes smart and I know she is.

You pick up on patterns easily and have more ideas. Other than that it all depends on what you do with your smarts.

I think the type of people you're talking about (the ones that say nobody likes them) aren't all smart either.
If they're truly smart and actually want to make friends, they would be aware of what makes people dislike them, try to improve on it and improve their social skills quicker than the average person.
I haven't had my IQ measured yet(I won't count online tests) but I'm pretty sure I'm below average IQ.
I was a lonely antisocial with no friends for a long time. I was shy but arrogant, and didn't know how social interactions work. I learned the hard way, had to go out there and approach people.
If I was smarter it wouldn't have taken me as long as it did to be aware of my arrogance and I would have figured things out much faster

>inability to translate thoughts into words is intelligence
>inability to associate with or understand context is intelligence
You are a complete retard.