So my mom is bitching at me about me about how i should get a degree and go community college to transfer and get a...

so my mom is bitching at me about me about how i should get a degree and go community college to transfer and get a bachelors, but i dont want to do this shit. im gonna go sign up for the marines and i need to just look up some info and talk to a recruit. theres a few marine recruiters at the com. college and now i think ill have the courage to ask them when the school season starts.

how do i deal with her? i talked to her before about that im thinking about it all, but she doesnt really think ill do it and im afraid of telling her this that shell just demoralize me to join and bitch at me to go get a degree in something and then get a real job. she thinks that reality is that we need to go to college and get a degree to get a full time high paying job like my dad and buy house etc etc. but i dont give a shit about college and that lifestyle, im sick of being in this afraid loser state and i want to get out, to see life in a different perspective, get experience. im 21 btw. any help, ideas?

Attached: 9146173e289029b9249db01e6cd647cc_sad-frog-for-president-2016-pepe-memes-sad_385-385.jpg (385x385, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N7TQXxulsY8&t=635
twitter.com/AnonBabble

College isn't exactly the meme scam Jow Forums makes it out to be, and to be quite honest if you actually want advice, you shouldn't be getting it on this website.

If I had to give you advice, just live on your own terms, but understand that you are probably financially chained to your parents. Her advice is good, but you should live how you want to.

I disagree, tons of degree's are useless. Unless you know what you want, college is a very questionable choice. Trade schools is something I'd recommend for most people.

Since you didn't go to college right out of high school, you'd be playing catch-up starting at 21.

I think it makes sense for you to get some professional experience, even if it's low-status work, so you have the advantage of a real world context when you do start school.

If you go now, you'll just be older than the other freshman. If you go after a tour of duty, you'll be older and with experience they don't have.

Watch this video from the timestamp and maybe try that argument with your mum.
youtube.com/watch?v=N7TQXxulsY8&t=635

Many degrees are useless but that's very far from college being completely useless, it just needs to be an informed decision with a clear goal for how to use the degree.

I hear the term trade schools here a lot. I don't know much about it, but from where I come from you can easily get into a good college if you work hard in community and you won't end up paying as much when you get into a real university. There you will have countless resources to rely on to kickstart your career. Sure, tons of degrees are "useless", but what really matters is your work ethic, willingness to learn, and how much of a cuck you are. Also, your argument is shit because you're telling OP that colleges suck because you should know what you want, but you need to know what you want for a trade. College provides that flexibility, in the off chance that you don't know what you want.

>with a clear goal for how to use the degree
Yeah that's my point. Most people do not have that at all.

If you don't know what you want, college will more than likely make you waste tons of money you don't have on a degree that is either useless or is something you really aren't equipped to do.

If you don't know what to do, that probably means you should go for something simple and obviously less expensive, but is still likely to land to a job that is better than minimum wage.

>you should go for something simple and obviously less expensive

Like what?

I'll also point out that a majority of job listings require that you have a bachelor's. Getting into a trade that you don't like is retarded, and you'll end up wasting money on whatever you used to get experience, unless it's work. For example, you could spend thousands of dollars on a coding bootcamp (because everyone wants to become a le maymay software engineer) only to learn you thought programming was akin to Ub3r Le3t haxing the matrix and your dreams of being super cool are pure fantasy. Or you're too much of a brainlet or you just hate programming. It's a big fucking risk.

Okay so right now im arguing with her and im telling her that i need a different direction, i done with this college shit for now. She's now trying to help me saying go to a different community college and just do any degree, she's going down a list and trying to describe and give me ideas or motives to go for it. its pissing me off rn cause she doesnt really know what she's talking about explaining all the degrees and shit but she's trying to get me back in school so i become successful.

I tried doing college the past years after highschool. I was pursuing computer science and ive passed 2/3 of the coding classes, but theres a shit load of science and math i need to pass in order to get into a university. I didnt really try or focus to pass the calculus classes, it just seemed less hopeful/possible and i just really got more and more sick of the classroom environment dealing with all these kids and i guess its just my antisocial problems.

Attached: frog.png (1106x1012, 660K)

First of all, unless you know what you're looking, college will not end up leanring you anything of value, it just becomes an empty badge. Furthermore, college degrees are increasingly being devalued for various reasons. Don't discard tradeschools, they are cheaper, easier and thus far more suited for your average student.

Attached: 91b.png (564x452, 129K)

If you end up spending 4 years not going in some direction then you are probably pathetic anyway. You could spend money and time in a trade school and be completely lethargic too. What's your point? You could do CC and do part time work. During your summers in college you could do an internship. You do realize that college isn't simply earning a piece of paper? IF you do, then something is seriously wrong with you. Sure, people end up doing that, but they're not smart. Same shit happens with any other kind of initiative.

Bro why didn't you say so. If you are too much of a brainlet for college, then it obviously is too hard for you. Either that or you didn't try hard enough. Go try something else. Do some research instead of spending your time here. As long as you don't have good reason to pursue something else, your mom is going to remain correct.

College is not for everyone. If you actually want to pass a good and valuable degree that requires both intelligence and dedication for those things. Tell her you are not that kind of person, you don't stand to benefit from college like some others do. From a cost benefit analysis, something like trade school or the military makes more sense for you, it's the rational decision.

You may not like my advice but I'm going to say it anyway I tried to join the military out of high school I wasted four years of my life only to be disqualified. I worked dead-end jobs and had no ambition or any goals. It was only until a year ago I changed my mind and I am now enrolling into Community College at age 23. I would advise you to really consider College over the military. but overall never forget where you are and who you're asking advice from, at the end of the day it is your life and you will have to live with the consequences and responsibilities of how you live in what decisions you make.

>If you end up spending 4 years not going in some direction then you are probably pathetic anyway. You could spend money and time in a trade school and be completely lethargic too. What's your point?
Cheaper, faster and above all easier for the most part. Again, much more suitable for the average person that doesn't have a great interest and ability for this kind of stuff.
> You could do CC and do part time work. During your summers in college you could do an internship.
Or... You could go to trade school.
>ou do realize that college isn't simply earning a piece of paper? IF you do, then something is seriously wrong with you. Sure, people end up doing that, but they're not smart. Same shit happens with any other kind of initiative.
That's what I am trying to say. Most people are not smart. Most people don't know what the fuck they're doing with life. Trying to force them into college is setting them up for failure, when there are much simpler and easier lower-risk lower-reward options.

I find trade school to be the next college meme. It's becoming oversaturated and it's payoff is minimal. To me at the least.

do it, military will make you chad

That's just because things are fucked in general and america has no future. But that's a different issue.

It's why I'm renouncing my citizenship and moving to Germany.

Oh don't get me wrong, Europe is just as fucked.

>Oh don't get me wrong, Europe is just as fucked.
You're right but I'd rather be there then here.

Well that's funny because I'm actually thinking of the exact mirror of that, moving to the US. Although, it's just a vague idea not a solid plan.

Yeah it is a actual plan but that is ironic. LOL

They're not unlikely to turn it around. Germany might not turn around because they have especially hard political repression but they're also not as far gone as the ones with the worst problems.

Be a manrine and drown the bitch. No. other. way.

Attached: de2475d3-c9fe-4d2a-9584-2df71b5dfb69..jpg (800x480, 201K)