Is there any point to having a drivers license or car if you're a NEET hermit?

Is there any point to having a drivers license or car if you're a NEET hermit?

In Australia it costs

>$900/year insurance
>$800/year car registration
>$500/year car service

Thats not including petrol or the cost of the car, and thats already $2300/year minimum.

>Cost of $20000 car over 10 years with $4000 resale
>$16000/10 = $1600.
>$1600 + 2300 = $3,900

Reminder that that does include petrol, so its probably closer to $4,500~ year.

I only leave the house to go to the Clinical Psychologist once every 2-4 weeks, it costs me about $50-60 in total to get UBERX'd there and back.

So I have maybe 12-16 sessions per year, average 14, so thats $840/year.

So really, is there any point in me getting a drivers license?

Attached: car.jpg (318x159, 8K)

>So really, is there any point in me getting a drivers license?

Convenience, being able to get tendies whenever you want no matter what time.

You've just answered your own question
Anyway I don't have a license because I don't want to get cucked into being my family's designated driver and car/registration/insurance does seem prohibitively expensive if you're a NEET

>$500 shitbox (sell for $500)
>$100 3rd party insurance

having freedom to get around is nice, but if you only wanna go to one place and have no intrest in driving, ehh

Yes. You can go on drives alone go to different places or just drive with music on chilling in general cars are great and everyone needs one.

It costs nothing to have a driving license and its useful for id

solution:
>drive without insurance
>do not register your vehicle
>never service your car, drive it till the wheel fall
>rob gas stations at gunpoint and get free gasoline
there, solved your problem

I order everything online and have it delivered.

I buy cheap stuff anyway and order in bulk.

I just eat protein powder, pasta, and fruit.

I would not drive a shit car, nor would I have crap insurance, my parents wouldn't even allow me to drive anything less than a $20k car even though I am 30 and normal 30 year olds don't listen to their parents lel

I don't like going outside so though.
I have passport/medicare/birth certificate, those 3 things give me enough points for any proof of identity

>Medicare

You're an ausfag like me, insurance is not required.

Medicare doesn't cover Car insurance lmao.

I never said that faggot, You legally don't need insurance in Australia.

I have my licence and I had a car (ausfag) but I sold it because of the insurance and rego Jew, if I need to go anywhere I'll just use dads car which is rare anyway

Why not get the bus/train? Cheaper.

I know that, but why the fuck would you drive without insurance?

So dumb that people dont pay insurance and then they have a minor accident with a BMW and end up having to come up with $10,000 for repairs out of their own pocket, god forbid you actually have a bigger accident thats your fault.

Getting a Tesla because Musk named the Jew.

Too slow and dont want to be surrounded by normies, just wanna get to my place in 1 go, no constant cuck stops

>I know that, but why the fuck would you drive without insurance?

Because you already pay insurance via a TAC charge nigger on your rego, just don't be a dumbass on the road and you will be fine.

>T. someone whose been driving an Audi for 3 years with no insurance.

>$800/year car registration
Jesus that is cucked. Its $50 in the US.

My uncle (old as fuk) fell asleep at the wheel in his Bently and crashed into a BMW.

Dumb cunt didn't have his car insured and its cost him over $60,000 now.

Then the retard hired a lawyer to get his costs down, and the judge disagreed, so now thats gone into $80k+ mark if you include his legal fees lmao.

All could have been avoided if he just had insurance.

They're trying to minimize cars on the roads here by making it expensive to make people use public transport.

They sort of have to do it....Australia roads are severely lacking, the population growth from immigration has become so high and theyre all coming to the cities and the traffic is fucking insane.

if he has a bentley then $80k should not be a problem

Money that could have been spent in a better way, not being a retarded cunt.

the BMW driver is getting a new car, that is money well spent

He must like getting people new cars then.

He bought one of his japanese GFs daughters a BMW and they broke up years ago and hes still paying the repayments on it while she drives around in it lmao

He is literally the blue pill richfag cuck 4chin talks about

why does he not stop making the payments and they will repo it?
the hilarity alone will make having his credit score go to zero worth it

Its in his name.

Oh, he also sends $3000/month to a bastard son he has in Japan.

I guess when you have money you dont really care about leaking money like this.

It's so convenient.
Also in my case, I had a huge confidence issue because I didn't have a car and told myself that I couldn't get a girl if I couldn't ride a car and see her/pick her up.
Believe me, you'll feel like a new man when you'll have a car.

And don't be dumb, buy a shitbox and use your time to get into mechanics, repair your car and then get a job in a garage.

Attached: IMG_7322.gif (442x473, 590K)

Having a license is basically a must because it is a good form of ID. But that doesn't mean that you need a car, though.

I'd recommend renting one by the day or week in case you need it or want it.

But a license? Absolutely no question you should have it.

If you live in a urban area with great public transport then there's no real need to own a car

I haven't driven in over two years but I live in Brisbane. If I wasn't in a major city I would definitely want a car or maybe I would just uber. Seems popular enough nowadays