VIdya General/Fallout 76

Anyone else excited but weary of the new fallout? Also vidya general I guess

So this discord that I am in has a user displaying pic related as the game they are playing. WTF I thought the beta wasnt happening until October!

Attached: fallout.gif (276x84, 6K)

fuck off

theres no topic to this board, as if we all dont play video games you pathetic fuck. Calm down. Would you rather I post another canned women hate/tranny love/other garbage for the 900000000th time?

Jeez calm down.

I've been having a lot of fun with Arma III lately.

>Arma III
I cant believe I havent played this one yet. Guess ill have to give this a shot since with my new pc. Ive been busy with Elder Scrolls:Online

It's very fun, just a massive sandbox. You can play online if you have the guts or you can just mess around in the editor. There are lots of community made missions.

yeah it looks pretty fun. Ive been getting back into gaming since getting the new pc.

I'm surprised this thread on r9k hasnt had more replies. Gone i guess are those days

Maybe it's not a good time.

Need more quality threads on r9k, like this or hobby threads.

You can change processes on discord to any name you want, so that guy probably just renamed google chrome to fallout 76 beta

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam is the only vidya that actually gives me enjoyment anymore. Too bad you always have to play the same map for two 30 minute rounds, making it tedious if your team sucks. FUCKING RELEASE THE MP CAMPAIGN ALREADY!

I just bought fallout 4 vanilla at full price and it took 24 hours to download at 330mbps. I hate living in the country.

Attached: 1533487172987.gif (420x420, 18K)

That being said, I love the hell out of fully immersive games like that even if the story is convoluted and silly. That's what video games are for.

Attached: 1533448887959.gif (48x48, 1K)

>Anyone else excited but weary of the new fallout?
Not me. I thought it might be okay at first but the more I heard about it the less enthusiastic I became. Bethesda making their own launcher thing like Steam or Uplay was the final nail in the coffin for me. I don't even want it any more.

I've been playing Dead by Daylight lately because a friend bought it for me. I've also been playing PUBG which I bought because TABG gave me a taste of BR games and I liked it. But I'm bored of it now. Mostly because I suck. I want to get back into Arma 3 but every time I try I get bored. I'm bored of vidya despite having hundreds of games. I guess I'm just depressed. I want something new to play. My Steam friends are excited for Monster Hunter: World but that doesn't seem like something I'd enjoy and the system requirements are too high (I want to play at 60 FPS which apparently won't be doable with a 970).

I was thinking something like that, otherwise perhaps he is an alpha tester and is just stupid. Id imagine if that was the case, hed had to agree to NDAs and stuff.

Same here, I really love those games that you get into the story for. Its why im excited for Fallout 76, at least there will be that comfy atomosphere. Theres no way Todd Howard will fuck at least that part up. The rest of the game remains to be seen though I guess.

Bethesda making their own laucher is nothing new. I play ESO and they have their own launcher. People are just salty because they have to actually buy the game now instead of be a pirate. Im a touch salty myself, to be frank.
What is dead by daylight?

>Bethesda making their own laucher is nothing new.
I guarantee their refund policy won't be as consumer-friendly as Valve's. The service will be buggy. Reviews will be entirely controlled by the company making the game (in fact, there probably won't be reviews at all). Creation Club bullshit will be baked-in and heavily promoted. I'm all for consumer choice but I don't think this will end well at all for us. I always buy my vidya unless it can't be bought any more.

>refunding games
What fuckin timeline are you from that this was ever, remotely, even possibly a thing? The second you open physical copy games, you're done. I wasn't even aware Steam had a refund policy for big box games. I can see indie games in case you were sold a shitty dev's promise, but large studio games? Come on now user.

The creation club point thing is valid though and I hope they dont let it affect gameplay. Im fine with costumefags buying expensive pixels, and that should be all it is. I'm holding judgement until playing it.

>playing Bethesda shit after the atrocity that was Skyrim
>playing video games released post-2010
>not playing exclusively Minesweeper and Solitaire
Does Todd's cock taste good in your mouth OP?

Attached: 1533105397373.jpg (991x1024, 170K)

We're talking about PC games, user. For years now it's been almost 100% digital. EU law forced Valve to implement a refund policy. I've refunded AAA games before. Why are you against being able to refund products you're unhappy with?

How long can ONE company milk the success of a game released years ago
People only buy Bethesda games at this point cause "We wuz Skyrim"

nice bait post and animu grill. Eventually you will run out of games to play and be forced upon you knees by the TODD GODD as well. Seriously though, I unironically like the elder scrolls games and always have. You can enjoy something without being a massive hypetrain soi faggot.

Well based blessing be upon the EU then. Returning any media is a foreign concept to me, and I dont really use steam I guess.

They have come full circle and lambast themselves. Besides, its funding their other projects. I am no Bethesda fanboy by any means, but the second anyone mentions playing Skyrim its just assumed they are cancer. What sets the studio apart is that they are one of the few that allow you to release mods.

Attached: A9aK.gif (400x224, 861K)

Todd: The next fallout game is going to be...
*crowd pauses*
ENTIRELY ONLINE
*aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

I was excited when I thought Fallout 76 was going to be a co-op story mode type game.
Then I found out it's actually just online with no NPCs and a community market.

This is now a Todd Howard shitposting thread since no one is doing anything other than bitching

Attached: 1446454636145.png (1068x1080, 931K)

Probably going to get Oblivion since its on sale, the deluxe edition. Not excited for 76 at all, you just know Bethesda is going to make the paid mod and creator program controversy look like a joke with their launcher and I cant think of a single way the story wont be ass and the focus will it just being Skyrim with some Fallout lore.
Just because you have been a brainlet for this long does not mean it never existed before.
Its the CoD effect, one game does well so they milk what made that game succeed to the point where it becomes drier than the Sahara.

That really pisses me off!

Attached: 1496216260279.jpg (495x526, 45K)

we must all do our part to keep the lights on at Methsbesta

Attached: Never+fails+to+work+_4f0676f0905fd2381e0c20786aeb47be.jpg (500x636, 46K)