Does a God exist?

does a God exist?

Attached: 1533777958880.jpg (634x396, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5E5wo-RunV4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that must be shooped.

You're like 20 years behind the curve on that one

Attached: 80982309482349.jpg (780x564, 46K)

>a god
Yes I'm sure a superior being exist but he isn't of human origin

God not real desu

No

Oreganoliolio

Yes but he's afraid of us

Not in the way you think or feel it should, no. In other ways it may be a plausibility.

If that thing on his face isn't an elder god then what is it?

yes, but he just cares for the chosen people

maybe, but if it does it would be beyond anything the human brain can think of

I don't know. Are you a faggot?

>That's a dificult Qu-Estion.

Attached: I'd like to talk to you more about this .png (593x403, 160K)

God loves you user. Please believe in goodness.

>The mere fact that we exist
>At least to some degree
>Implies that we were created
The fact of the matter is that we crawled out of the mud.
Now as to rather or not we were consciously designed by an omnipotent force, or by the forces of nature, I feel, is an unnecessary or irrelevant distinction.
>It doesn't matter if you call it soda, or pop.
>You still get diabetes

Attached: Do you believe in God?.jpg (480x360, 11K)

You sure god loves us all, you fucking trap?

Attached: Kid's head chopped off.webm (224x400, 1.36M)

I think do but I doubt it's as all powerful as people like to think.

If he does he's a literal sociopath and a sadistic bully who enjoys spinning the roulette with people's lives and engineering elaborate attention-seeking schemes for no other reason than because they amuse him.

What really pisses me off about these vids is that the knives always seem dull. Stupid fucking spics. Sharpen your blades.
You could say they want them to suffer but a kid? Come on. I hate dull knives they really trigger me.

My biggest issue with the whole God thing is, why. Why create us? Why create reality, why create anything at all? Especially when it can be so shitty if you were not lucky enough. At the same time, its hard to believe that reality came from nothing, the whole universe, big bang, whatever. Such a conflicting matter desu

>The fact that individual men can be evil disproves the existence of a God
Absolutely the lowest possible argument possible

Attached: 1304376955947.png (600x450, 457K)

If God is all powerful as people say, then he's a cruel asshole. There are only two possibilities: 1. He has absolute power but enjoys pain and suffering, or 2. He is loving but doesn't have the power to help. Either way he won't or can't help you, so why worship? It doesn't make sense.

Yep. That kid needs to have a fucked up deformity because it's all part of God's divine plan.

>What's Roko's Basilisk?

Why worship? Because if you don't he'll give you even more pain and suffering in the afterlife. It's kind of like the reason you keep paying the mob boss to not break your kneecaps.

If God loved that kid he would have sent an angel to rescue him or BTFO those guys with a lightning bolt. Instead he sat and watched his head get cut off. Since he's omniscient right? So he definitely saw it and did nothing.

What ever facial growth he has is a result of some kind of genetic misfire. Which is also the driving force of evolution.
>God's plan
I've never liked that term, but as the saying goes: You can't make an omelet...

Attached: Without breaking a few eggs.jpg (300x224, 14K)

No. The universe started from nothing.
>b-b-but how can that be true?
Christfags believe God started from nothing. They have the capacity to believe in something from nothing. Why not cut out the middle man (God) and say the universe started from nothing.

I didn't disprove the existence of God. I believe he doesn't give a fuck about humans.

That's what it seems to me as well. The concept of original sin and having to beg for forgiveness puts me off. Why create a being that's destined for hell and has to constantly supplicate to not be tortured for eternity? Can you imagine having a son and telling him he needs to pray to you every day or else you'll burn him in your oven? That's cruel and insane.

If God created us, he made us stupid ignorant chimps who can't understand it. If evolution brought us here by chance, we're not evolved enough to understand it. Either way we can't and never will understand and there's nothing we can do about it except play the game until we die, and then see what, if anything, happens.

>has on chance at life
>born with a massive fucking...thing?... on my face that's the size of my head

End me now

Evolution is just a theory. God wants that kid to have a fucked up face. You and I can't expect to understand why, but we just have to have faith that He has a good reason.

They don't say God came from nothing. They say that God always existed and always will exist, he's outside of time because time is his creation. At least learn your opponent's ideology.

>god starts sending lightning bolts every time someone tries to murder
>it quickly becomes obvious that you can't murder because you get smote instantly if you do
Free will comes with the potential to inflict suffering.

>sent an angels/lightning bolts
"God", as the story goes, sent his own son to be tortured and murdered. God, as a personification of reality, is brutal.
>God does not love humans.
Then why would he create them? That's not a rhetorical question. He made us as we are, 'as we are' includes the choice between Good and Evil. Also, if God hurled lightning bolts at every table you stubbed your toe on, that would take some of the spice out of life, don't you think?

These are the same fags that have been larping all day. Just quit it already

Uf god doesnt exist then its ALL the more reasons to be nice

How does the possibility of getting struck by lighting when sinning make free will any less of an option than risking the possibility of suffering for an eternity after dead?

>preventing people from murdering each other is bad
Okay then let's just abolish all laws against murder and live in a lawless society, because then we'd have free will!
What an absolutely asinine argument. You're basically saying that allowing people to murder each other is a good thing.

No, if I were all-powerful God and I saw a child about to be murdered, I'd rescue him. Period. Because I apparently have more empathy than God does.

A supreme, omniscient being that created everything and exists everywhere? Possibly.
The Christian God of the Bible that sent his son to suffer and gives a shit wether or not you sin? No.

Attached: 1464549643655.jpg (1200x1800, 1.38M)

Yes God as he is described is certainly brutal, no arguments here.

God doesn't have "Wants" God is the symbolic personification of reality in its totality, as it is.
>What are you?
>I am
That growth is not a good thing, however the lengths we as humans go to in order to help those dealt a difficult hand by reality may be good.

Attached: 30246962-intricate-detail-from-the-altar-at-ely-cathedral.jpg (1300x866, 357K)

>Evolution is just a theory
Original

Attached: 1523096690846.png (625x773, 143K)

Yes, but one can be brutal as well as good.
Reality in and of itself (God) is good, although it can be brutal.

Attached: GodandAdam.png (576x204, 272K)

Was this supposed to make me feel sympathy for YHWH?

God has never said anything about that, that's just made to by humans. God has never given us any indication that he cares if we worship him or not. He has also never said anything about "sins".

>god
original
original once more

Attached: bottomless pit wojak.png (211x239, 9K)

How exactly do you come to that conclusion? Can anyone other than Yahweh be both brutal and good, or does he just use his omnipotence to bend the meaning of good?

Uh, he did deliver a set of commandments requiring that humanity worship him above anything else.

No he didn't
Originally

Maybe, but humans can never know for sure

He also will pitch fork our ass to hell if we don't worship him. You're cornered budro.

If there were an omniscient being that sent souls to suffer an eternity in hell for commiting transient sins, I would have a moral obligation not to worship such a being.

>Free will

Oh boy

Attached: gmrww8q64syz.png (645x729, 70K)

Good for you. You'll get to suffer for eternity in hell while those of us who do worship him will get to play bingo with Jesus.

You worship God because God is the one who helps provide all the good things in your life. I have heard three interpretations of Hell.
>simply living a life separate from God aka something similar to the depressing Earth we live in now
>a very quick fiery death that kills you quickly along with the devil forever
>eternally burning
Personally, the version of Christianity I'm currently a member of believes in the second one.

Some human claimed that he got those from God. If I claimed to have heard something from God, would you trust that too.

Your worship of a corrupt "god" has only brought you closer to what you call "the devil."

Do you believe that for any particular reason, or do you just believe what you were indoctrinated to believe?

Imagine pocking a hole into that with a fine tipped screwdriver...

I'm gonna drag god down from his omnipotent throne, eviscerate his asshole, take all of his powers, and make everyone and everything in existence happy desu

mark my words robots

Attached: frog growing stronger.png (581x517, 253K)

If god exists, he fucking hates us

Cancer, it's cancer.

I was raised in a Christian household but it's not like I had a gun held up to my head forcing me to do it. I don't even think my sister goes to church that much anymore.
I believe in God for multiple reasons. It's feels good having someone look down on you and helping you out. Sometimes when I'm doing a test I like to pray for help and it just makes my anxiety go away. It's just nice having something to cheer you on. I like to believe that there is a pleasant and peaceful afterlife when you die, I would like to reunite with the dead I used to know. Obviously I want to avoid Hell or punishment but that's not my entire reason for praying to God.

That kid should pop that zit, it might become infected

I can't say for a fact he doesn't but I stopped believing in him years ago.
I feel incredibly sorry for the kid.

So, essentially you believe because it feels good?

Yes. Heaven is a real place larger than the universe, outside of space and time, and you can go there with your mind anytime that you want.

he should pray for his forgiveness

remove ye the planke from thine own eye

well god doesn't give a shit about the kid, so at least you're more empathetic than he is
not that that's very difficult though, since hes a megalomaniac

Now THIS is the kind of happiness i need in my life!

There's an 11th commandment too that God told me about.
It's that you need to send bitcoin to me. God has said that you go to hell if you don't do it so you really should do it.

I guess you could say that, yeah. God makes me feel happy and hopeful for a better tomorrow.

Well at least you're being honest that it has nothing to do with what's actually real. Believing that you're going to win the lottery next week might also make you feel good, but it certainly doesn't mean that it's true. If believing in an imaginary friend makes you feel better, more power to you.

I hate spics beyond anything. Nigs, muzzies anyone has more honor than their putrid mongrel race.

Religion isn't really about having definitive proof, it about faith and devotion. I understand that in a logical debate these days you can't win with just faith but that's just how it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=5E5wo-RunV4

God doesn't exist, becuase there is no moral justice in this world. Innocent people get killed like this. Random rich kkids get everything they desire. Christfags make up that you get judged in the afterlife in order to get around the injustice of this world.

The problem with atheists I think is that they look at god from a western perspective. Just because the Christian interpretation of god likely isn't accurate, that means that a god doesn't exist.

A lot of Asian/African/Native American religions don't see god or gods as all powerful benevolent beings that controls every aspect of life, but more like a supernatural being that influences life or helps you move your life in the right direction.

If you believe that there's a god that sometimes blesses you and sometimes blesses others but it's not a super powerful being that controls everything, it makes sense to still worship.

Yep, other people who believe as strongly as you do without evidence think their God wants them to blow themselves up and kill innocent civilians. If you can indoctrinate children to believe without question, you can easily convince their weak minds that God wants them to commit atrocities. If you were raised under a different religion, you'd believe it just as strongly.

Atheists just don't believe things without evidence.
Got evidence for a Christian god? No? Then there's no reason to believe in him.
Got evidence for a supernatural being that influences life? No? Then there's no reason to believe in that either.