So I have/had a best friend of many years who I frequently have problems with whenever we talk...

So I have/had a best friend of many years who I frequently have problems with whenever we talk. A few months ago he basically called me a deluded liberal for expressing my concerns about a professor who seemed to be expressing his view that capital punishment is justified and tried to convince the class that it was. He blocked me when I tried to defend my viewpoints. I convinced him to unblock me but now I'm starting to regret it. Then, tonight:

"Parents who physically punish their children repulse me."

Me: Eh, I believe in spanking.

>"That shit doesn't work, bro. They just learn how to get away with it."

Me: >sort of noncommittally say "I just think it's effective in the short term..."

>"I'M NOT GONNA ARGUE ABOUT THIS BRO, LOOK THIS SHIT UP IF YOU WANT TO"

Me: lol you brought it up brother

>"OH FUCK OFF YOU SNARKY FUCK YOU SHOULD'VE KNOWN BY HOW I BROUGHT IT UP THAT I DIDN'T WANT TO HEAR THE OPPOSING ARGUMENT"

Me: All I said was I believe in spanking...

Then I realized he told me to fuck off so I blocked him since telling him to chill and going Invisible on Skype wasn't getting him to calm down. I don't feel like I lost my temper, really, I just kinda feel bad because he's a good friend. But I'm just starting to think he's dead emotional weight, that his manchildishness (no matter how much we commiserated about that) is just holding me back when he can't even process a discussion when he's cranky. What do you guys think?

Attached: Drink Sprite.jpg (700x441, 53K)

If you can accept that he's kind of a pussy you can stay friends but just don't bring up subjects like hitting/hurting/killing people up anymore. Also there are legitimate arguments against both capital punishment and corporeal punishment that I suppose you've chosen to ignore for lack of better communication skills.

Thanks... although I don't know what you're on about. He and I were in agreement about our arguments against corporal punishment but he called me a bitch because I was a little triggered that the professor was trying to proselytize his students to his fucked up viewpoint. Like, this is the degree to which he's willing to split hairs.

sorry capital* I mean

So he is not only a pussy, but he thinks professors in schools should be able to preach their opinions to people as if they are fact?

Nah, he was saying I craved a safe space and it was unreasonable to expect that as an adult in a college environment. He's a very arrogant person when he wants to be, he can get condescending out of nowhere and I'm always genuinely perplexed when he starts being a cunt. The thing I always do which "triggers" him is I'll say something like "Lol dude calm down" and he thinks I'm being like HEY DUDEBRO HEY BETA BOY PUT YOUR MICRODICK AWAY. Like, he projects his superiority complex onto me.

Isn't it the professor who's guilty of craving a safe space for not being able to teach his subject in an objective way?

He sounds like a shit friend honestly. I'd just quietly let him fuck off and do his thing and wait for him to come back when he can stop projecting his bs onto you.

Thanks for replying to me on this. I think you're right, I need to step back and stop making the effort if he's gonna piss on my face like this.

Its better to wait it out than come to another conflict that might permanently ruin your relationship. He's clearly got some hangups and they're none of your business so you don't need to suffer for them.

It sucks to let him go because he's literally my only friend, but maybe I don't need to mention that since... pic related

Attached: Oh.jpg (480x360, 16K)

If you believein spanking OP, you are not a robot and need to gtfo from r9k. MOST OF us have mentall illnesses because of the beatings, so believing in spanking is absurd and dumb. really suprises me that someone here thinks spanking is good or has benefits in long term? lol

My point wasn't so much that he and I were arguing... I kinda gave the response as like a noncommittal "Eh, if you're gonna put it as 'punishment' and not abuse it makes it sound like you're against spanking... which I'm really not." I'm sorry that apparently my opinion triggers you as well. It's not my intention to piss anyone off. My point is that he started treating me like an asshole for stating my opinion. Like, ten times worse than you right now. I can tolerate your opinion of me but this guy gets mean about it.

I just lost my only friend too not even a week ago. It's horrible but to be honest I was living with him and couldn't stand him anymore. He was becoming such an obnoxious normalfag and shameless social chameleon I'm already at the point where I'm eating again instead of trying to stay asleep out of depression. He was a miserable fuck who did nothing but impose his stupid mood swings onto me and I hope people treat him like the nuisance he is wherever he goes. I wish him nothing but hardship and heartbreak.

>miserable fuck who did nothing but impose his stupid mood swings onto me

Yeah, kinda in the same boat. It's like the more irritable or tired he is, he stops filtering himself when talking to me. He says some shit sometimes that really just takes me aback, like calling me a fucking retard unironically. Just makes me think, "Is he always calling me that in his head?" Then when I tell him to ease off he says I'm using a fallacy or being a little bitch to get out of whatever we're pointless debating.

no worries if I am "triggered" I still try to be as calm as possible, also I don't take life that serious but if it comes to tolerating beating, I can't stand it. Back then as a kid I didn't have the balls to defend or say no or help someone but now I am different.

There are no "right" opinions about parenting because frankly some people are just born to be little shits and nothing else will get through to them. I want to believe there are ways of preventing this behavior from happening in the first place, but if the kid is mentally ill to begin with and is throwing violent fits and acting like a goddamn animal, your only options are to spank them or put them in a mesh crib or dog crate, and both will cause someone to call child services on you. You can't always reason with kids and there is no correct way to raise them if they are just stupid douchebags from day 1. It happens.

>beating

This is sort of the entire problem here. I told him he was being too vague by saying "punishment" which is why I ended up offending him by talking about "punishment." Now, I don't know how you feel, but punishment and abuse are two different things to me. When I say I accept spanking, I'm talking about by parents who have the restraint to control themselves, to not react to their child in anger, and to teach them a lesson about immediate consequences for one's actions.

I'm terribly sorry you had to withstand abuse.

Yeah I had to hear the "don't talk to me before coffee" schtick more times than I can count. Then it was about cigs. Then it was about pills, or weed, or healthy food, eating all the healthy food in the house, always fucking whining. The more I talk about it the better I feel about being alone for the rest of my life. Thanks for posting this thread user, it kinda helped me too.

>The more I talk about it the better I feel about being alone for the rest of my life

Haha, wanna be best friends? J/k. I just feel EXACTLY the same way, like letting go of the illusion is going to help me soul-search.

I would be your friend if you wanted, but what I'm going through is less of a friendship and more like a 10 year divorce ... I think I need to be alone for a while too.

Yeah, I was friends with this guy for 13 years. It's rough, but at the same time after so long I realized I've been going in loops with him since we were like 16 and he'd moralize me for smoking weed. It hasn't really changed much since then. No need for the broken record, however much I cherished it. I'm going my own way too (lol) but I wish you the best.

It's important to be able to stand alone. Good luck.