How do I improve my basic math skills? /sci/ won't help me

How do I improve my basic math skills? /sci/ won't help me

Attached: pbupset.jpg (299x169, 8K)

khan academy used to be free

If you cant understand it simply then fuck it. Math is not that useful anyways.

oh wait it still is. I guess. just go there

I don't think that math skills can be improved, but if you understand that 2+2 is 4, fuck it

What is a prime number n sheeit

Attached: hdfhdsgjld.png (841x797, 82K)

Joining the airforce/marines, I don't know how the math section will affect my score

It will affect it greatly.

Practice is the only thing that makes you better at math. Find a text at your level no matter how remedial and work through it. Read it, do the exercises, check your work. If you're not sure what level you're at look for college placement exams online.

Math is a skill just like anything else. Consistent effort is the only way to improve.

If you want help and dont have heart problems, try to get some adderall. But ONLY use it for math. Don't try to make up stories and shit with it.

Try to do as much of it as mental math or long form as you can. It improves your understanding better than having a calculator do everything would.

Another recommendation for Khan Academy.

Having both helps. Of all subjects, math should be the one to have cheats enabled, so to speak.

I'm aware it's valuable and at times necessary but multiplication, division and basic arithmetic should be easy to do without it.

Should I just do everything in the math section? Early math to AP calculus?
Understood, how long do you think it'll take to improve?

>how long
Depends. Where are you at, where are you trying to get to, proficiency-wise, and how long do you have?

In any case being in a hurry isn't going to help though. It's about time, patience, and repetition.

I think a lot of what holds students back is the fact that there are so many different methods to reach the correct answer and most teachers only adhere to one. If they knew the answer first, they'd have less trouble finding the method that best suits them in problem solving. I'm no expert, but I have a lot of problems with math and so does my country and I think the issue is communication based. I think it was detrimental for the Japanese to have their students use the abacus up until like 100 years ago.

you only need to know up to algebra II level math they literally won't ask anything else. task practice tests online.

>abacus
Really cause I have read multiple articles about how being adept with the abacus is good for mathematical thinking and mental calculation. I wonder if it's just western hipster worship of anything asian.

I also will note I never even passed algebra I or really pushed myself to these limits, but I can say with math, the destination is more important than the journey. Find a formula or method that works for you and you're golden.

I believe Khan Academy has a protest that measures your math skills, but if they don't go up to Algebra 1 at the very least. That'll definitely be tested.

Why would you want to do that, it's useless

>abacus
>asian

Attached: brainlett.png (621x702, 56K)

Just stop being a brainlet you waste of air.

I'm in graduate school for topology.
You need to study from books for at least 4 hours a day. If you have the mind for it you can learn everything from elementary school up through calculus in one variable in probably 9-12 months. I'm in my phone so I can't post textbooks to work through, search around to find some.
Good luck.

Actually thinking about it it should take you maybe only half a year at most.

nah, probably 2-3 months, and that is if you are a total brainlet

Practice shit a lot. Get to a library and practice shit from textbooks.
Maths is basic logic, so only literal retards can't get good at it.