DAILY REMINDER THAT 20 PULLUPS IS THE NEW STANDARD

DAILY REMINDER THAT 20 PULLUPS IS THE NEW STANDARD

Attached: 39220744_245218706318657_8426533265598316544_n.webm (540x800, 2.95M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eGo4IYlbE5g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: giv.png (778x512, 45K)

Attached: EarnestAbandonedBengaltiger.webm (640x640, 2.99M)

says who

The standard for what? No amount of unweighted pullups is impressive desu

Attached: vig.png (778x512, 36K)

sorry i don't weigh 110 pounds

ZERO
This was ZERO pullups, no dead hang = ZERO pullups done.
Without a dead hang at the end of each pullup it makes it 500% easier.
Once again. ZERO pullups. Useless female ZERO

Attached: headshot+with+traps.jpg (220x165, 10K)

Why does she grip the bar with the thumb over in her left hand and the thumb around in her right?

Gotta agree. Nothing is more satisfying than letting it all go slack but the grip+core and then hoisting yourself up from rock bottom

I don't do high-reps on pullups though. I do 195 bodyweight + 90lbs extra for 5 reps though. And those are dead hangs.

Everyone does agree that if you're not going all the way down to dead hang after each one it doesn't count, right? I see so many people at the gym doing it the way this girl does and I don't understand what they're thinking.

who is this guy
i used to go to the same gym as him

Honestly I don't really know whether it actually matters, or if it's like squatting where you can go really deep if you want, but it's still solid as long as you're below parallel. I'm sure someone has biomechanical data on muscle activation at various phases of the lift.

I don't notice any difference in stopping just shy of dead-hang though, so I just do dead-hang anyway.

Can I get aesthetic just doing pull ups

Attached: tumblr_mikqjgQPKk1qb5sv3o1_1280.jpg (787x1130, 262K)

As a guy, this just makes me wonder what the fuck is the point of pull ups. They are not muscular at all and if doing that many doesn't make them huge, why should I bother trying to do that many? Maybe I need to get a weight belt or something so I can really grow my muscles when doing pull ups.

Attached: vtyfjytcjy.jpg (1280x738, 71K)

Correct, if you don't dead-hang at the end, it doesn't count as a pullup, it's a cheat rep.

ASS ASS ASS ASS BLONDE BLONDE BLONDE BLONDE THIGHS THIGHS THIGHS THIGHS

Are you retarded? Pullups operate like any other lift, through resistance and progressive overload. It's like watching a girl squat 135 and then saying "what's the point of squats if this girl can do them??"

First of all, these girls presumably weigh like 110 lbs. Your bodyweight squats are presumably much higher-weight than theirs. And secondly, add fucking weight to the lift to get stronger.

Elgintensity
Post stories if youre not bullshitting

this, you should be adding weight if you can bust out more than 12

Powerlifting is a confounding phenomenon. Look what it does to people. On a side note these girls aren't doing real pullups anyway. Look at this guy and how cut he is. youtube.com/watch?v=eGo4IYlbE5g

>powerlifting
meant to say, "bodybuilding"
lol

>20 pullups
>still has a shit back
Calisthenics fags btfo. I like pullups(especially weighted) but if you only do bodyweight you wont make progress. It's the same as doing only unweighted squats for legs. It won't really do anything

ITT: salty manchildren who can't even come close to this. I'm mirin hard. I can barely do 5, this takes some perseverance

In the Air Force, we had to go to dead hang between reps for them to count. So i've always gone with that. Loved when you had an instructor that didn't give a shit though.

I can barely do 2 because I'm overweight.

Same bro

I can do 20 with better form at 185.

I started at 104kg and couldn't do one. Now I'm 77kg and can do 5. Stick with it, we'll make it and get our Jow Forumsgfs

Well, hanging helps decompress your spine which is nice after a lot of pressing and squatting

I think for amount of actual pullups one can do, yea dead hang is the way to go. I am one that can bang out of no dead hang reps for 18-20 like girl above and I saw results when I did just those, felt it in my back and bi's still a ton so I think as a body building thing, they are still fine. They also help you get more pullups. About a month ago, I was able to get about 11 dead hang pullups (at 235-240 pounds) and I maybe could have gone another 1 or 2 had grip not given out.

Really? Do enough reps, and eat well, and your back will grow with pull ups. It's one of, if not the best back exercise in my opinion.

cope: the post
>I can barely do 5
>why are people hating on a shit form pullup video

>mfw i can only do 5

Attached: 1515096608265.jpg (793x786, 54K)

Weaklings cope

mfw

Attached: apubeanie.png (658x662, 59K)

If you don't dead hang it doesn't count. And you shame people who don't dead hang between pullups because that isn't a pull up. You fukin white knight

Attached: f8820fed01642619e8719aa5801e12784542a3d3be7df05195b84c005497d272.jpg (428x344, 82K)

I've been doing weighted sets of 5. It should translate into easier lower weight high reps

That word cope, I don't think it means what you think it means

Honestly, it's probably better for back hypertrophy to stop just before dead hang. I really only ever go to a full stop when I'm going heavy for 5 or less reps

and shes done
what a joke

upper body strength fag

i challenge you to do 75 pull-ups in any way you want to break it up.

report back

>as a-

Attached: 1511740799376.png (256x256, 30K)

that's our boy, Hemmingway

add dips and you'll be mid-tier

The guy that filmed your retarded movements and put them on Youtube

The machine learning spambots are becoming quite advanced now.

I have longish arms so my biceps become tired before my back. I think my best is 16 (I don't remember if it was pronated or supinated grip) at 96kg bw. Can't do weighted pull ups with more than 10kg because my arms and wrists start hurting because I broke both arms and wrists. Chins are fine though, so im adding weight to those.

>adding weight to your chin

I hope you know what you're doing, user.

> Tfw I have 40 kg weighted pull up and 55 kg chinup and I can get only 15 bw reps.

It's easy with kipping

tfw used to be able to do 20 pullups when i was underweight
can't do nearly as many now I'm 20 kilos heavier

Doing more than 8 reps of anything is fucking kill yourself tier.

This qt has a better body and is way hotter than this: bimbo

Attached: 1513649827339.webm (440x360, 3M)

>narrow grip

Attached: 2018-08-26_09.14.41.jpg (243x165, 35K)

i cant do a single pull up as skelly

Not doing Deadhang = STILL Pullups

Scalptular retraction for every rep is pointless and energy consuming, you might aswell clean the bar for every OHP rep too if you were all about that lifestyle. What matters is doing the proper range of motion

whats with these tattoos? I see it so much on effay is it like ironic meme tatts?

pullups are such a meme
i could do them like crazy when i was a little kid, and can rep out 8 with deadhang now. surprise surprise, guess what, im stronger now than i was as a kid.

calisthenics is such a fem or basedteir cope

Lmao you were better conditioned as a kid

bet your a little kid with sub 190 body weight, probably a manlet too

You are supposed to lift while you bulk. Not just gain weight

>im stronger now than i was as a kid.
Yeah, but your strength to bodyweight ratio has gone down

>208 lbs 21 years old man
>deadlift RAW 415 overhand-overhand
Versus
>under 100 lbs kid
>can not even deadlift lmao 1pl8 let alone focus long enough to do it
Yeah man i got weaker by doubling my bodyweight deadlift now versus not being able to deadlift under my bodyweight as a 10 year old genius. Calisthenics manlet detected.

220lb marines bang out 23 dead hang pullups you coper

>415 overhand-overhand
Ultimate meme deadlift

yeah and marines havent beaten the taliban since 1982 so i wouldn't count on them training properly would i?

deadlifts and squats are 10 times more important than a pullup ever could be. we evolved out of being orangutans for a reason, twink

You can't deadlift your way up a wall or rock face you coper

>twink
I wouldn't call me that, I can do more pullups and deadlift more than you.

208x2= 416 lmao

you're a weak piece of shit mate

As a marine, the only reason i practice doing max pull ups is so I can continue getting promoted

Why do more than 10 of anything when you could go heavier instead?

1 pullup per year of age

>As a marine, the only reason i practice doing max pull ups is so I can continue getting promoted

No bullshit, is this a requirement for promotion in military? Seems strange, my intuition led me to belueve bravery was always what led to that, since I always see these DYEL 40 year old boomers with medals.

Traptain falcon himself

Righto. I gained 22lb in 5 months with SL and can do exactly the same amount of pullups as before, and I didn't even train pullups until 2 weeks ago.

lads ive been getting tinder matches but I havent sent a message to them in days. Should I even bother or move forward?

Attached: 1533821714526.jpg (454x900, 40K)

Physical Training is a large component of promotion within the Military. I know in the Army and Marines it is. Air Force has a technical test approach to promotion, because knowing your job should play more into it then being able to run well and rattle off random facts.
>t. Army vet

Christ dude, I can barely do 3!
6' 60kg here

dam skelly please eat something, u need some milk

Attached: 1530506479905.jpg (916x963, 445K)

Attached: 2412441561.jpg (2718x4095, 614K)

Does anybody remember that clip where a blonde totally naked starts doing pull ups?

Cheat reps, you have to extend all the way.

I can do 20 too with no dead hang in between :3

What are some hot fitness chicks to follow, any youtubers? Don't care about the lifts, just wank material.

>tfw practice pullups and rock climb a lot
>out with gf the other day on campus
>theres monkey/pullup bars that we pass in the park
>”user how many pullups can you do”
Lmao fell for my trap this is the only impressive thing I can do.
Remember to practice pullups brews, it’s one of the few normie-impressive things that 99.5% of normies ALL suck at and you can do almost anywhere. Bonus points if you can hoist your whole body over the bar and sit on top

t. can't do one pull up

You've got nothing to lose and a lot to learn.

good point, thanks user

Attached: 1527290247706.jpg (1080x1920, 189K)

>either of those
>narrow grip
no

thats a garbage dead at that weight my guy.

Why would I care about doing 20 pull ups if I can do 8 weighted ones?

thicc

Attached: 1533007515508.png (177x319, 127K)

So you realise the pullups are a vertical pull right? Of course you can do more pullups if you’re 100lbs lighter. Could you hang 100lbs of your waist and still bang out pullups like “crazy” when you were a kid??

Attached: 0C2E220C-2B0B-4D81-AD51-A96457454E09.jpg (176x200, 21K)

you can deadlift over 4 pl8's, but you still lack the lats to bang out more than 8 BODYWEIGHT pullups now (let alone weighted like a real man)

did you build a single muscle in your back deadlifting? I feel sorry for your lats

Attached: disgusted.gif (320x240, 1.2M)

Deadlifts really don't use your lats all that much except for a little stabilization. Yeah they get worked, but it's nothing drastic like you do with rows and pullups. Also the guy could be incredibly fat, which makes pullups harder but doesn't affect deadlifts. Or he could have very long orangutan arms, which makes deadlifts very easy but pullups harder.

ZEEEROOOO

>regular pullups
I prefer V-Sit pullups and get two birds stoned at once because I hate to work abs