What did your parents teach you about fitness?

What did your parents teach you about fitness?

Attached: 1533400879132.jpg (950x1181, 822K)

jack fucking shit
too busy watching tv

nothing else

my parents lift also so they taught me the basics and I just went from there

They overfed me saying, "you can stop being fat, but you can never stop being short"

jack shit

My fathers death at age 59 taught me that type 2 diebeetus is serious business, that not exercising for 30 years is dumb, and that ignoring your symptoms while guzzling shitty wine daily until you literally go blind from the beetus is even fucking dumber. So I guess he taught me some things

I miss the fucker.

Attached: ------------------------------.jpg (589x645, 69K)

>never have seen parents exercise a single time
>dad is a 70 year old 300 lb diabetic who lays in bed all day shoveling oreos, sweets and snacks into his mouth while watching cable tv

Attached: bd-old2.jpg (960x720, 67K)

Told me to do back and chest, biceps and triceps and legs... he fell for the meme

My dad made me run 3 miles every morning with him for a while. That was about it

My dad said to lie on the bed and stretch my hamstrings by holding a towel over my feet and lift my leg

Dad thought me that exercising is important, but playing team sports and being a good teammate is better since it also teaches teamwork and coordination. Plus it practices social skills and helps you build a social circle with all kinds of different people.

push kids off their bikes, smoke 6 packs of cigarettes a day, and eat lots of pussy

Attached: images.jpg (474x266, 33K)

>ride bicycle
thats it

He says he regrets letting my mom stop me and my brother from getting into wrestling in middle school.

That's something, right?

My parents dont know very much about being fit, but always tried to push me to be active. My dad was an avid backpacker and mountain biker when he was younger and my mom played Tennis. I got into fitness to help my dad train for a half marathon. But Jow Forums is what got me into lifting.

Dad taught me proper form for lifts but never taught me things such as dieting and other aspects of lifting

Pretty much nothing. Dad at least had an excuse being a repair technician for a copier company. Mom on the other hand was a nurse. She drank and smoked, fed us crappy processed food and was opposed to us participating in anything athletic. Dad didn't smoke and only drank on special occasions. He had no interest in anything athletic but didn't oppose it either. Neither were very good role models for fitness.

They taught me many valuable lesson in life, but fitness wasn't one of them. We did eat relatively clean though. Never really had soda and much junk food in the house.

that exercise isn't fun but you should do i regardless, or not, just lie on the couch if you want to.
blew my mind when i realized exercising actually is enjoyable and satisfying.

My dad served in the red army in 1986-1988 and his training was a lot of pull ups and a lot of sprints. He continued to do pull ups for years after he got back home and would occasionally do some sprints and when I was a kid I would follow. Then he stopped exercising and so I stopped as well and it wasn't until I was about 22 or 23 that I started exercising again.

They taught me to eat healthy. They would also drag me along on long hikes and skiing trips ever since I was 3 years old. When I was 10 or 11 I would oftentimes go for 20-40 mile ski trips every day, for up to 14 days in a row during christmas/winter/easter breaks and on weekends. If there wasn't snow we'd hike for a good 8 hours a day.

Other Norwegians can relate.

Nothing useful

That im a vain meathead

>What did your parents teach you about fitness?
My mum is fat and has diabetes.
She's like an anti-inspiration of mine, I want to be nothing like her.

>He continued to do pull ups for years after he got back home and would occasionally do some sprints and when I was a kid I would follow.
that's a really cute story user, if I ever have a kid I hope they follow me when I do sprints...

Nothing. My mom and step-dad both have memberships to planet fitness, have an elliptical in their bonus room, and still think their working in the yard twice a month is sufficient exercise.

My real dad used to be a power lifter, but he was in jail before I was a teen so he couldn't teach me anything, and I haven't seen him since I was 15

>My real dad used to be a power lifter, but he was in jail before I was a teen so he couldn't teach me anything, and I haven't seen him since I was 15
go and visit him, he probably knows how to get mad prison gains.

He only got fatter in prison. Then when he was released he got in a bad car accident and was put into a coma for several months. Any gains he once had were long gone. But I also want nothing to do with him after I learned of the shit he did, so whatever knowledge he may have had will die with him

>I also want nothing to do with him after I learned of the shit he did
Did he rape your dog and/or mum?

The latter among several other things. My mom put up with it for so long because he was super manipulative. When the feds finally caught up with him, he was attempting to purchase automatic weapons and fake passports for the family to move us out of the country

Thats a sad pic.

My dad taught me that fat is water, not the best advice.

How awful it is to be a fat fuck growing up.

Attached: 1411573000357.gif (400x225, 2.07M)

Type 2 diabetes is a joke. It shouldn't even exist. Just eat less refined sugar and carbs in general.

Being a former artillery man and then mining engineer, my dad lifted heavy things with ease, and I wanted to be like him.
Now I lift heavier things than him, and he looks at me with pride.
It's a good feel.