Form and depth critique?

410 squat
5'9.5 172lbs 19
Been lifting for three years and strength training for a little over a year.
Really bad hamstring injury after 405 backsquat and 185x20 front squat superset last winter so this is a big pr for me considering I haven't squatted much recently. don't know how to low bar squat and doubt I could considering my hamstring. Any high bar squatting tips?

Attached: 410 squat_Trim1.webm (720x1280, 2.63M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ES32R3-AKZs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you missed depth by quite a bit, also you need to cut your hair

do you train your upper body at all?

Your hip crease is a little high but mostly good and get rid of that stupid ass anime thing

Why do you guys hide your faces?

Rate this guy from my MMA gym. Warning, he is god awful

youtu.be/ES32R3-AKZs

Yeah, also me How do I go lower bc my hamstrings hit my calves at that point

Are you really doing 410?

>410 squat
>doesn't know if form is good

Like, what the fuck are you doing then? Lower safety bars and go lower a bit. You're also wobbly going up. Obvs heavy weight so not uncommon but something to watch out for.

Calves hitting hammies isn't a problem and the first anyone complaining about that.

One comment if I may,

You are shifting your bodyweight quite a bit as uou may notice looking at your feet in the video. You hit pretty gud depth but if you are this strong, add some volume training with 315, perhaps, and focus on going all the way down, with focus on pushing with heels and feet planted. It may help strengthen stabiloty muscles and increase mobility!

Overall good shit brah you're gonna make it

Attached: capri_sun.jpg (620x515, 66K)

Bar position doesn't make you use your hamstrings any more or less. Depth is hard to tell from the angle, looks like you're a little bit high, you're collapsing inward on your feet, causing your knees to collapse.

Get a belt.

You may have some quad dominance going on. You said you injured a hammy so it makes sense. You slide forward in the descent and then move backwards out of the hole. Also looks like your knees might be caving but i cant say for sure from the side. Obviously a 1rm isn't going to be the prettiest rep but i'm curious to know what your deadlift is compared to your squat. I'm guessing they're pretty close.

>you missed depth
Hopefully this is bait or you’re the biggest nigger retard I’ve ever seen

>…the lifter must bend the knees and lower the body until the top surface of the legs at the hip joint is lower than the top of the knees.

it's high

Attached: ay lmao.png (517x773, 553K)

no, it's good.
You need to think in 3d and not 2d
You're looking at it from an angle.

It depends on the federation and the nigger loving IPF doesn’t count.

No reason to respond to him, he’s clearly another generic know it all sub 1.5k lb total faggot.

a touch high but still better than 90% of what I've seen in every gym i've been in

Good squat. Good numbers to but how come you look like it's your first time in the gym, is this SS?

No recording of this but you guys have any advice for hip shift during a squat? Whenever I go heavy my hips tend to shift to the left on the way down. I feel like I’m going to straight to snap city if this keeps up.

No squat plug.. 0/10

I wear loose clothes on strength days so I don't focus on how I look

Looks like your back isnt keeping up. Also I think your knees caved in on the way up. Switch to sumo for a bit to help your hips and add more back shit in your routine

415 current max conventional, however when I deadlift it's either a good or shitty session, probably because I've only done it probably 5 times in the past few months. Also my left leg is bigger than my right by nearly 1 inch, not sure if due to injury or got injured bc one was bigger

>Also I've never been able to squat with the bar evenly on my traps, no matter how hard I try I can't get into position, I always see the middle knurling in the mirror by my left shoulder and none by my right

Get a band and tie it to the left side of the rack. Put it around your waist so that it is pulling you to the left, towards the side you shift to. You want to make it so your body knows to fight it so the band is to exaggerate it. I know it sounds strange but it works. You don't want the band pulling you over but you want enough pull there so you have to resist it.

I got this trick from Dr. Quinn I think and it worked for me. He's one of the guys who is on some of the juggernaut strength youtube vids.

Depth is good, form is good, your body is good. If anyone replied something else, they are a jellybean

You do realise the camera is not at the hight of his knees? Are you baiting or stupid?

>caring about the depth meme when not competing
It's not like the guy was quarter repping it.

Attached: 1528159133561.jpg (288x499, 26K)

It's a decent looking 1RM squat, but yes you don't break parallel so Rippetoe is going to fail you like 3rd period French class.

OP here, here's a 405 fail back in February after getting injured, form is pretty similar to now and you can see when I come up how one leg is stronger than the other it appears. Is this in part bc the bar is a bit off center on my back?

>tfw your max only goes up 5lbs in 6 months...

Attached: 405 fail.webm (272x480, 2.89M)

hey op.

You didn't break parallel, go lower.
Your upper body is not going up parallel to your hips, remember both have to go up at the same time.
You also seem to have a lot of trouble balancing the bar, you might want to deload, do you have other angles?

its a 1rm retard his form is not going to be perfect ffs

Post some Sailor Jupiter or dont post anime at all

>Form and depth critique
>is a 1RM retard the form is not going to be perfect
>FORM AND DEPTH CRITIQUE

gee is like he asked for his form and depth to be critiqued, it doesn't matter if it is his 1RM or not. I would get it on the balancing part but he's having so much fucking trouble I can see it as a risk

no way he missed depth

You seem to collapse at the bottom. Probably losing upper back/lower back/back tightness? IDK. Depth looks good grats brah.

He 100% missed depth. This wasn't even depth at ALL. No lift. 3 red lights.

Bro learn to bail on a squat properly, im cringing at how dangerous your fail attempts are, just chuck it behind you

You dont look like you lift at all but youre pretty strong bro. Whats your bench?